We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    This here oughta be a sticky.

Here's my Shining Steel Warsteed, a match for my outfit of the same name that I've had some version of for years now.

You can click the link embedded in the image to see more and a list of pieces used in the outfit.
    Last edited by Omen_Kaizer; Nov 24 2012 at 09:06 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000363f98/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Rechart, Warden
    [url="http://platemetaljacket.blogspot.com/"]Plate Metal Jacket[/url]

And thanks to this weekend's color pack sale, I bring forth Helmwine:

Solid Hide - black
    Simple Tail - charcoal
    Captain's Halter - crimson
    Light Caparison of the Norcrofts - red
    Light Leggings of the Entwash - crimson
    Guardian's Saddle
    Accessory Bins

where can I get the guardian Sattle or Captain Sattle ? O.o
    Lotro 2007-2013

Sanlie R12 Schurke
    Seance R12 Jäger

You have to go to Ettenmoors and kill a guardian or a captain.
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Cantata View Post

Beautiful, simply beautiful. *u*
    [center]You become a [color=red][b]champion[/b][/color] by fighting one more round.
    When things are tough, you fight one more round.
    [i]James J. Corbett[/i][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuko View Post
    where can I get the guardian Sattle or Captain Sattle ? O.o
    You have to purchase the Steed of the Guardian and Steed of the Captain (respectively). Then you'll get the various pieces from each steed to use on your warsteed (halter, caparison, saddle, gear and leggings).

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    You have to purchase the Steed of the Guardian and Steed of the Captain (respectively). Then you'll get the various pieces from each steed to use on your warsteed (halter, caparison, saddle, gear and leggings).
    ah ok thank you ^.^

i have the Captain Horse, but the sattle lookks really poor -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Wernwulf View Post
    Beautiful, simply beautiful. *u*
    Thanks so much

Screenshots of the horses my char uses. Got an extra of my main steed as the first one wasn't too good

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Black horse with steel grey mane. 595 x2 tp. Although got it at 50% sale. The gear is Champion's accessory, caparison and leggings in the default color 1995 tp. The tail is Metal braided tail 395 tp.

White horse with black mane wearing light leather caparison, leggings and halter. The colors again 595 x2 tp but the gear was lootbox drops.

Just a slightly more clear picture of first horse

Flaxen chestnut, with blonde mane, again 595 x2 tp. Wearing hunter's caparison and leggings 1995tp dyed green 595 tp, as well as light saddle of the wold.
    Last edited by Warufled; Nov 29 2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: got the color name wrong

Wouldn't allow me to put this one with the other screenshots, so here it is in a separate post

This one is white shaggy roan, 595tp for white and 595tp for shaggy roan, with a charcoal mane also 595 tp. Wearing guardian's caparison 1995 tp.

Tend to have all horses without saddles because of the clipping errors and oddities of the saddles. My character will usually sit in the saddle or just on the edge of it instead of on the saddle, so it just looks too strange
    Last edited by Warufled; Nov 29 2012 at 06:54 PM.

Finally able to purchase color packs on the -50% sale last weekend, I gave my Elf minstrel a golden mare. Riding her bareback as is proper for Elves.

COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Here are some of the outfits I use:

Had to do a white horse, there's just something awesome about the simplicity of a white horse, Saddle and gear from Steed of Night. Get a lot of compliments on this one

Don't use this one much but I like it, red roan with black tail/mane, questing halter, legs, and sadde (can't remember which faction), and steed of hunter coparison and gear

Some pieces of the Bone set dyed olive, with the orc head on pike for gear. This one gets me the most comments

And this one is one of my favorites, Red Roan with bloody bay tail/mane, next to the white steed, tried to get a good Rohan vibe going with it, mostly quest gear that's dyed olive, with the hunter gear, hoping the norcrofts halter will complete it when it gets here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001ec821/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" - Steve Prefontaine

This one I put together using very easy to get Warsteed cosmetics, but it looks pretty and along with my own outfit, I've gotten some compliments.

War-Steed Cosmetics:
    Head: Light Halter of the Sutcrofts
    Body: Light Caprison of the Wold
    Legs: Light leggings of the Sutcrofts
    Tail: Simple Tail
    Hide: Spotted Warsteed
    Saddle: Light Saddle of the Entwash

My hunter's cosmetics:
    Hood: Worn Ranger's Hood (Epic, Crimson)
    Shoulders: Worn Ranger's Wrap (Epic, Crimson)
    Chest: Elven Padded Vest of Determination (World Drop, Olive)
    Gloves: Dwrf Padded Gloves of Fate (World Drop, Olive)
    Leggings: Gilbadanir (ToO, Olive)
    Feet: Brenwedail (ToO, Crimson)
    [center][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/dc62au.jpg[/IMG]
    [color=#FF00FF]Creeps: Highly Unimpressed, Babyasparagus, Schleichend | Blood Hand[/color]
    [color=#FF00FF]Freeps: Euphonious-1, Enthralling/-1/-2/-3, Mellifluous-1, Tantalizing-1, Xiexieni | Revolution[/color]
    [/center]

Happy Holidays!

Byndi & Billabong's Christmas wear...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000000293f/01004/signature.png]Byndi[/charsig]

My Champion Aranelion, and his medium warsteed Battalion (because I haven't figured out a good Sindarin word for the concept )

Hide: solid, black
    Mane and Tail: Rohirrim Elite, black
    Head: Steed of the Champion, red
    Body: Light Caparison of the Norcrofts, crimson
    Legs: Steed of the Champion, red
    Saddle: Plain Black Saddle
    Gear: Steed of the Champion, red

I found that, due to the difference in textures, the red on the champion steed gear almost perfectly matched the crimson on the Norcrofts gear. Good thing they were both in the same dye pack...
    Last edited by Ashrellion; Dec 08 2012 at 08:27 AM.
    The navigation throughout the LotRO site is horrible. You can quote me on that.
    [color=green]You say "[i]Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn[/i]" like it's a bad thing...[/color]

Definitely a big fan of the Bone Armor set here. Horse is presently named "Nocturnus" and is basically dyed black all over except the Hunter steed accessories. Character's armor cosmetics tailored to match the horse as best as could be contrived.
    [CENTER][color=yellow]BRAITHIR[/color] - Elf Hunter (Explorer/Tailor) * [color=yellow]GLAMWYN[/color] - Man Champion (Armsman/Weaponsmith) * [color=yellow]GORBODOC[/color] - Hobbit Minstrel (Yeoman/Cook)
    [color=yellow]GRIMHAF[/color] - Dwarf Guardian (Armourer/Metalsmith) * [color=yellow]MORDENUS[/color] - Man Captain (Historian/Scholar) * [color=yellow]SABELTAN[/color] - Man Burglar (Tinker/Jeweller)[/CENTER]

I was visiting scene sites which occurred in the movie since I happened to watch Fellowship of the Ring yesterday. Came across with this:

Hide, tail & mane dyed black,
    Body: Light Caparison of the Norcrofts (black)
    Saddle: Plain black saddle

Character outfit:
    Body: Death-shroud (black)
    Head: Makeshift ranger mask (black)
    Back: Plain cloak (black)
    Shoulders: none
    Hands: Fine Grey Company Gauntlets
    Feet: Fine Grey Company Boots
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140000000c65a1/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Light halter+caparison+leggins of Sutcrofts and Accessory of the Northstar (from store)
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

From Dusk Til Dawn set

I like the contrast from the white shinning Armour with the Dark toned Steed, so I did this very simplistic set but that makes the Captain Lokifrid Unique in the battlefield.

Set List:
    [item]Helm of the Steely Dawn[/item] Default
    [item]Shoulders of the Steely Dawn[/item] Default
    [item]Armour of the Steely Dawn[/item] Default
    [item]Gauntlets of the Steely Dawn[/item] Default
    [item]Boots of the Steely Dawn[/item] Default
    [item]Steed of the Night Halter[/item] Default
    [item]Steed of the Night Caparison[/item] Default
    [item]Steed of the Night Leggings[/item] Default
    [item]Steed of the Night Saddle[/item] Default
    [item]Steed of the Night Accessory[/item] Default
    [item]Simple Tail[/item] White
    [item]Solid Warsteed[/item] Sooty
    Lokifrid, Lokidred, Lokirond, Lokiriel and Flinti!
    (yeah... Flinti! Doesn't match but it's there!)

Enjoying Turbine's Middle Earth since November, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Braithir View Post

Definitely a big fan of the Bone Armor set here. Horse is presently named "Nocturnus" and is basically dyed black all over except the Hunter steed accessories. Character's armor cosmetics tailored to match the horse as best as could be contrived.
    Fantastic
    May i ask where is that helm from ?
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Anolus View Post
    Fantastic
    May i ask where is that helm from ?
    It's called the Helm Of The Investigator and is a quest reward for [75] Disturbances in Thinglad in the Great River zone.
    [CENTER][color=yellow]BRAITHIR[/color] - Elf Hunter (Explorer/Tailor) * [color=yellow]GLAMWYN[/color] - Man Champion (Armsman/Weaponsmith) * [color=yellow]GORBODOC[/color] - Hobbit Minstrel (Yeoman/Cook)
    [color=yellow]GRIMHAF[/color] - Dwarf Guardian (Armourer/Metalsmith) * [color=yellow]MORDENUS[/color] - Man Captain (Historian/Scholar) * [color=yellow]SABELTAN[/color] - Man Burglar (Tinker/Jeweller)[/CENTER]

I like the simplicity of white, black and red. Oh and that orc head and flies, just for that extra touch of elegance
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000234196/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [SIZE=3][URL="http://www.linkdeadgaming.com"][COLOR=#ff0000]Link Dead Gaming[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

Is it really too hard to mention at least the basic pieces of the outfit?...

Quote Originally Posted by empyrealstar View Post
    I like the simplicity of white, black and red. Oh and that orc head and flies, just for that extra touch of elegance
    That is awesome!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002ea3ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzi View Post
    This is Freya. She enjoys music, long walks along the riverbank, and eating orc faces.

Dyes? We don't need no stinkin dyes. ;p

The default colors of the Spotted Steed seem to work perfectly with the brown and silver of the Champion Steed set, plus the default color of the Simple Tail is a pretty good match for my champion's own tarnished-silver hair. They can share the horse-shampoo, perhaps.

I think I'd actually like to know what YOUR outfit is, love the boots, leggings and vest!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast