We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omarion View Post
    Today, I asked someone who had this cosmetics on his horse. He told me that its called "Morgenröte" (I think "dawn" in english), and he also said that this cosmetics came with the middle pre-order-edition of RoR (in german "Helden-Edition", in english probably "hero edition").
    Hiho, my first post in here :-)

Just jumped in to clarify: in german the steed is called Morgenröte (Dawn in english) and you can get it from the boxed Rohan version (in german: Reiter von Rohan) at amazon.de, with wich you get an exclusive steed and matching war steed. It looks the same as the pre-order Rohan horse but just in red colors.

Sorry but I'm not allowed to post links in my first post, so you just have to search amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzisse View Post
    Hiho, my first post in here :-)

Just jumped in to clarify: in german the steed is called Morgenröte (Dawn in english) and you can get it from the boxed Rohan version (in german: Reiter von Rohan) at amazon.de, with wich you get an exclusive steed and matching war steed. It looks the same as the pre-order Rohan horse but just in red colors.

Sorry but I'm not allowed to post links in my first post, so you just have to search amazon.
    Thanks for the confirmation, and welcome to the forums!

However...
    This news makes me cranky, then. No word whatsoever from Turbine concerning this, far as I know. No mention whatsoever about there being differences between boxed sets and digital downloads, or between regions; sure, it's 'just' cosmetic... but one that gets advertised in-game during an Epic instance. And one that is apparently unattainable to a number of players. And one that, personally, I'd prefer over the (undyeable) Steed of Eastemnet.

*SIGH*

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    And one that, personally, I'd prefer over the (undyeable) Steed of Eastemnet.
    The red one is undyeable, too. So it's the same as the Steed of Eastemnet, just in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation, and welcome to the forums!

However...
    This news makes me cranky, then. No word whatsoever from Turbine concerning this, far as I know. No mention whatsoever about there being differences between boxed sets and digital downloads, or between regions; sure, it's 'just' cosmetic... but one that gets advertised in-game during an Epic instance. And one that is apparently unattainable to a number of players. And one that, personally, I'd prefer over the (undyeable) Steed of Eastemnet.

*SIGH*
    Yeah, the fact that we get a dull green with the most expensive purchase, yet a boxed edition only available in Germany has a much more desireable colour just seems like we're getting shafted again...

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Yeah, the fact that we get a dull green with the most expensive purchase, yet a boxed edition only available in Germany has a much more desireable colour just seems like we're getting shafted again...
    While it would be nice it was available everywhere....

"more desirable" is arguable :P
    I much prefer green. I actually can't stand red.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Narzisse View Post
    The red one is undyeable, too. So it's the same as the Steed of Eastemnet, just in red.
    Actually... the emblem/symbol's different, too. The green Steed of Eastemnet bears the eponymous white horse, whereas the red one bears the same emblem/symbol that Grimbold has upon his chest, and that's visible on a banner and shields in Meduseld, too.
    The blow would be lesser if the Eastemnet cosmetics were dyeable.

But more than the dyeabilty or lack of it, I'm crying foul for there being no suggestion whatsoever on any material pre-launch about this difference between digital download and (German) boxed set. At least far as I know; I hope someone will be able to prove me wrong.

ETA:
    As petty as it might seem, it's really the symbol I'm so fond of, for reasons yet to be disclosed. And yeah, the lovely deep red. Because those are bound together like white horse and green.

I posted two warsteed outfits here and here, having no idea this thread was here. Plus rep to the OP for creating an outfitting thread specifically for warsteeds. I'll be checking into this thread often for ideas.
    So here's a warsteed outfit, in the proper place.

First time in Forochel, lost my gloves, no wonder its so cold! And they were my favorite pair, too!

..Is that them? No..

Hmm..that polar bear looks suspicious...

My hands feel frozen! Maybe I can borrow a pair in Suri-Kyla? I hope they have 'em in pink!

RIDER
    Chest: Exquisite protector's armor (rose)
    Legs: Elven leather leggings (rust)
    Feet: Silver thread slippers (navy)
    Shoulders: Shining leather shoulder guards (white)
    Back: Cloak of the Ajokoira (default)

HORSE:
    Body: Shaggy roan warsteed (blonde)
    Saddle: Light saddle of the norcrofts
    Body: Hunter's caparison (rose)
    Legs: Hunter's leggings (indigo)
    Accessory: Traveller's Accessory (default, not dyeable)
    Tail: Simple tail (light grey)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002ea3ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Not that I didn't just blow all my TP on horsie cosmetics during the 30% off sale, but - that Steed of the Captain has *tassels*! And dyes such a pretty purple! <3 So, ahem, an early Christmas present for my fabulous purple Runekeeper Ellonur, and so worth it because I absolutely adore my horse Sparklemane's new look.

Head, Caparison and Leggings: Steed of the Captain dyed purple
    Tail: Braided Flower Tail dyed white
    Hide: Tobiano dyed black
    Gear: Accessory of the Easterlings

And a fullscreen screenshot of Ellonur and Helegwen taking a break while hunting warbands in the Entwash Vale, stunning all the orcs with their good looks and sense of fashion!
    ~ Member of the Player Council 2013 ~
    Ellonur, level 95 Rune-keeper | Arenglor, level 85 Lore-master | Fimlas, level 78 Rune-keeper | Eluivor, level 73 Minstrel

I also (unsurprisingly) splurged and got the Steed of the Captain today. The pieces really lend themselves to making a more 'war-ready' looking warsteed. Here is my steed Widfara (as seen previously in this thread) all decked out as a proper battle-ready warsteed:

Solid hide - light grey with white tail
    Guardian's Caparison - navy
    Captain's Leggings
    Captain's Halter - white
    Captain's Saddle
    Captain's Gear

I love warsteeds but they really need to reduce the size of the heavy steeds. It looks like you're riding a dinosaur! Slightly smaller size wouldn't look so unrealistic. I'll stand corrected if someone finds a pic of a normal sized person looking so tiny on a horse.
    [COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=red]Sarik - Warleader [/COLOR][COLOR=#339966][COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=#3366ff]Jacin - Champion [COLOR=SeaGreen]//[/COLOR] [COLOR=Green]Aiden - Minstrel[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

Byndi' War-Steed

I love the War-Steeds...This is Salem and his newest look for the cold winds of Forochel.

Quote Originally Posted by jayspeed View Post
    I love warsteeds but they really need to reduce the size of the heavy steeds. It looks like you're riding a dinosaur! Slightly smaller size wouldn't look so unrealistic. I'll stand corrected if someone finds a pic of a normal sized person looking so tiny on a horse.
    Record-holders which can't be considered norm, though... and draft horses tend to be on the big side, compared to more 'run off the mill' breeds, as seen on this comparison pic.

If you're more interested about the sizes of the war-steeds as compared to Travel Mounts and to each other... here be comparisons.

I only use the very basic things I got from quests. Bought white colour for horse and red+evendim blue for the main oufit types.

I gave in with the 30% offf sale & gave Fafnir a makeover.

Bought a gear item, some dyes, and got the Headpiece from a Lootbox.

I can't convince Photobucket to upload pictures (I hate the new format and for some reason it will not let me change it back), so I can't share the screens I have of my hunter and her steed. But, I alternate, depending on my mood, between the Bone set and the Steed of the Hunter set. Both are dyed black, when wearing the Hunter set, my horse is an black chestnut overo with black mane and tail. When wearing the bone set, the horse is solid black. :P Soon as I can get Photobucket to work, I'll post pictures.

And yeah, I don't know how much tp I've spent on it and don't particularly care to know. It's most likely going to be my last major splurge for a good long while, since I have student loans coming up due (oh the joy).
    Work in progress...

I quite like the Steed of the Captain and am happy there isn't a butt flag or tablecloth tutu--though the egg helm is awkward and should be replaced with a horn. The armor makes it look like an honest-to-goodness field war horse.

1. Gilded (having a pleasing or showy appearance that conceals something of little worth)
    2. Having an appearance of grandeur that obfuscates by complexity and arbitrariness
    3. Disposable
    Last edited by Trilwych; Nov 21 2012 at 08:52 PM.

That's some psychedelic outfit right there :P

Quote Originally Posted by The-Walrus View Post
    That's some psychedelic outfit right there :P
    The better to confuse and strike psychedelic fear into the hearts of orcs/goblins as I ride past and smite them.

EDITED: 50% dye sale today (21NOV2012, no idea how long it would last) means I bought the dye pack with black/olive/etc. There, more muted and matches the cloak perfectly now. No longer psychedelic!
    Last edited by Trilwych; Nov 21 2012 at 08:52 PM.

My latest favourite war-steed appearance made to match my outfit (usually I do that vice versa).

You can see how the purple on the cloak matches with the purple lining on the caparison here.

I have a few war-steed appearances, mostly dull coloured but this one is the most colourful I've done and has got me a couple compliments in-game along with players ogling from several angles.
    Last edited by Gonarhxus; Nov 19 2012 at 02:27 PM.

Although I keep switching around my other outfit for my horsie, this is the one I keep coming back to. Minstrel gear dyed Yellow (a free color, I just can't bring myself to spend TP on dye yet).
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

Submitted this to Warsteeds.com so I thought I would share it here as well!

Hide: Overo hide, Red Roan color
    Head: Steed of the Minstrel Halter, Ered Luin Blue
    Body: Light Caparison of the Entwash, Ered Luin Blue
    Legs: Light Leggings of the Wold, Ered Luin Blue
    Saddle: Light Saddle of the Norcrofts
    Gear: Steed of the Minstrel Gear
    Caiyyd -lvl 100 mini
    The Lonely Mountain Band

Quote Originally Posted by Harperking View Post

Submitted this to Warsteeds.com so I thought I would share it here as well!

Hide: Overo hide, Red Roan color
    Head: Steed of the Minstrel Halter, Ered Luin Blue
    Body: Light Caparison of the Entwash, Ered Luin Blue
    Legs: Light Leggings of the Wold, Ered Luin Blue
    Saddle: Light Saddle of the Norcrofts
    Gear: Steed of the Minstrel Gear
    Wow, love the colors for that. Looks awesome!

Thanks to the sale on Steed dyes, Poplar looks the way she should...

For those interested, Poplar's 'stats':
    Light War-Pony
    Steed Dye Pack 6: Black Chestnut for tail, Dark Chestnut for hide
    Hunter's Caparison, default
    Hunter's Leggings, Rust (free)
    Hunter's Gear
    Rohirrim Elite Saddle
    Rohirrim Elite Halter
    Rohirrim Elite tail

The rider's wearing:
    Traveller's Hood, Olive (Store)
    Watcher's Hauberk, Sienna (Trestlebridge Outfitter)
    Fingerless Gloves, Turquoise (Yule Festival quest reward)

Tyreese Vindicator, Bringer of Light

Red and White Outfit

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast