We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    I'm glad that you're happy with you're mount, don't get me wrong; I just want Turbine to realize that these prices are insanely high. $80 to get a VIRTUAL horse that you like just seems a bit much to me...
    Hey, I certainly agree with you! Luckily I had a lot of points saved up, and that character happens to be my horse collector, so she has all the store appearances anyway. But I completely agree, the rent...er, cosmetic prices are too darn high. They really should be account wide, and I am disappointed that there aren't craftable horse cosmetics. Still, I'm enjoying my play time, and I wouldn't if my horse did not look 'right,' so I find it worthwhile. I completely understand that other people feel differently.

Anyway, more screenshots, please! I love seeing what folks have created.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneliel View Post
    Luckily I had a lot of points saved up, and that character happens to be my horse collector, so she has all the store appearances anyway.
    This was basically where I was at; I had several thousand unspent Turbine Points, and I figured 'I might as well blow them on horse-appearance-related things. Because PONY.'

Since I intend to make a separate Light, Medium and Heavy steed on Barawen and try them each out, I wanted options to have each of those three trait setups have a matching, visually distinct, appearance.
    [i]Barawen Windleaf of the Grey Havens[/i]

I already showed off the appearance for my medium war-steed, Dûalagos, up a little ways. So, here's the light war-steed, Dess.

Across the Hills

Playful

Unlike Dûalagos, who's just a generic dark chocolate with flaxen mane (a real—albeit rare—horse color, I swear!), Dess is based on my actual horse, Debutante. Since Deb's name basically means "a young maiden," I went with Dess, or "young maid" in Sindarin. (Hey, it even comes out similar to 'Deb.') I could not capture Deb's colors, however; the dappled coat remains very pale in many spots, so this was at best an approximation:

[i]Barawen Windleaf of the Grey Havens[/i]

Heres Fafnir.

Mainly quest drops, pre-order saddle, free green colour + the Spotted Hide & Orc Head from Warbands.

Hunter & alts on Snowborne since 2007, now on Evernight.

Siedlung Auenland, Viertel Ellmeth, Kreidestraße 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Meneliel View Post
    Anyway, more screenshots, please!

Ok, ok, here's mine, Theoderich:

Saddle: light Sutcroft (quest-reward)/bloodred dye(shop)
    Legs: light Sutcroft (quest-reward)/bloodred dye (shop)
    Caparison: light Sutcroft (quest-reward)/bloodred dye (shop)
    Head: light Sutcroft (quest-reward)/bloodred dye (shop)
    Gear: none
    Tail: default
    Hide: default

dye is 595 TP in the shop, rest for free.
    Last edited by Omarion; Nov 04 2012 at 10:09 AM.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=garamond][FONT=book antiqua][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Thallianus[/B] - champion r11[/COLOR] |Morthond [DE]|[COLOR=#ff0000][B]Worrat[/B] - stalker r8[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

While my 'main' warsteed I use is Fram, the black-chestnut tobiano horse that I've posted earlier, I also now have another wartsteed look that I plan to use for things like crafting and fancy dress up: Widfara.

Body/tail: white
    Guardian's Caparison (indigo)
    Light Leggings of the Sutcrofts (indigo)
    Light Saddle of the Sutcrofts

Quote Originally Posted by Omarion View Post

Awww, that's just adorable!

I recently dyed the Sutcrofts set with Olive dye (which still remains as the only dye pack I've bought) and I think it looks pretty cool. I always tend to prefer green and brown colors for my Hobbit.

Ok, ok, here's mine, Theoderich:

Wow, what is the cosmetics for that war-steed on the last screenshot? Looks like a Red Steed of the Eastemnet (the expansion cosmetics, but in red), also with a star instead of a horse.. I love that!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000023a0af/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Faulklls View Post
    Wow, what is the cosmetics for that war-steed on the last screenshot? Looks like a Red Steed of the Eastemnet (the expansion cosmetics, but in red), also with a star instead of a horse.. I love that!
    That caught my eye, too. I thought that steed was only a window dressing near the end of the Epic! You can't even quite touch it, after all. Curse those invisible walls!

So it really, truly begs the question... where do those cosmetic pieces come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Faulklls View Post
    Looks like one of the heavy sets from the store... You can try-on horse cosmetics too btw...

Quote Originally Posted by Cithryth View Post
    While my 'main' warsteed I use is Fram, the black-chestnut tobiano horse that I've posted earlier, I also now have another wartsteed look that I plan to use for things like crafting and fancy dress up: Widfara.

Body/tail: white
    Guardian's Caparison (indigo)
    Light Leggings of the Sutcrofts (indigo)
    Light Saddle of the Sutcrofts
    Dat Warsteed!

I'd post one of mine but my Lotro laptop is in the shop so I have no screens.
    When it gets fixed I'll add one. This thread is great, moar warsteeds.

There are some fantastic looking steeds here. I really want the bone armor for my steed, but I just can't bring myself to spend the TP.

I did some deeds and saved some TP for the Survivalist's Accessory. Pathfinder is almost complete. I need Copper hide and black mane and tail.... guess I am waiting for a Color Pack sale. That'll be the only way.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Vevina and Sweetie

Sweetie's tack is "Steed of the Minstrel" gear dyed indigo (one of the free gear colors)
    Hide color - white, simple tail - white
    Vevina is wearing tailored Pristine Robe dyed Evendim Blue, Shoes of the Dreamflower dyed Evendim Blue
    Last edited by Karanna; Nov 06 2012 at 08:52 PM.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel this expansion has gotten a lot of inspiration from Game of Thrones, which has in turn inspired me to try my hand at outfitting my characters after the Houses of Westeros. Naturally, I had to start with a Stark.

Shoulders: Strong Pauldrons of Theodred (black)
    Upperbody: Commanding War Armour of Eomer (grey)
    Hands: Embroidered silk gloves
    Feet: Boots of the Eorlingas
    Back: Plain cloak (black)

Quiet moment in the godswood.

Being all broody and stuff.

The outfit in turn caused me to break and spend TP on an appropriate horse.

Hide: Shaggy Roan (white)
    Tail: Simple tail (steel grey)
    Saddle: Light Saddle of the Entwash
    Leggings: Light Leggings of the Entwash (olive)

I am proud to say I stopped myself from buying the Steed of the Hunter and dye pack with grey in it, since I've been waiting to get the Steed of the Captain since they started releasing class steeds. But with three paychecks this month, it may only be a matter of time. :/

This is Amthindur and his warsteed Asfodel
    Amthindur is modeling the lastest Footman's Armour with the Razor Helm in Black
    Asfodel is wearing:
    Saddle:Plain Black (default)
    Legs: Steed of Night (Black)
    Caparison: Steed of Night (Black)
    Head: Steed of Night (Black)
    Gear: Steed of the Hunter
    Tail: Black
    Hide: Black

Amth is wearing the Snow-Dusted Robe in Purple, Shoulders of the Hemlegas, Boots of the Isenguard Prisoner in Purple, and the Cloak of the Dragonfly
    Asfodel is wearing:
    Saddle:Hunter Saddle(default)
    Legs:-
    Caparison: Wold (Purple)
    Head: Wold (Purple)
    Gear: Steed of Night
    Tail: Black
    Hide: Sooty Grey
    Last edited by Amthindur; Nov 09 2012 at 12:14 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001cecbb/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them in the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Packet View Post

/snip

Unlike Dûalagos, who's just a generic dark chocolate with flaxen mane (a real—albeit rare—horse color, I swear!), Dess is based on my actual horse, Debutante. Since Deb's name basically means "a young maiden," I went with Dess, or "young maid" in Sindarin. (Hey, it even comes out similar to 'Deb.') I could not capture Deb's colors, however; the dappled coat remains very pale in many spots, so this was at best an approximation:

She's beautiful

Loving all the warsteed (and horse!) pictures in this thread!! Such creative people playing LOTRO.
    [center][color=teal]Wingwoz (on hunters in LOTRO), "I prefer to think of them more like Elvis or James Dean. Terminally self indulgent but their presence in a party, nay, the very fact that they ever existed, makes the world a cooler place."[/color]
    [color=orange]'[i]Zairente hums, "Little rabbit Poo-kie / running through the Di-res / scooping up the Mon-archs / and BANGING 'em on the head."[/i]'
    [i][url=http://my.lotro.com/user-984907/]The Antics and Ramblings of Family Nenaelin[/url][/i][/color][/center]

Skelly armor from the store, dyed purple
    Black horse with black tail
    Character: Eillith (Woman of Rohan, Warden)
    Server: Elendilmir

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Looks like one of the heavy sets from the store... You can try-on horse cosmetics too btw...
    I searched the store and can't find it. There are only 4 sets there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000015dd24/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Siedlung Auenland, Viertel Ellmeth, Kreidestraße 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorran View Post
    I searched the store and can't find it. There are only 4 sets there.
    Today, I asked someone who had this cosmetics on his horse. He told me that its called "Morgenröte" (I think "dawn" in english), and he also said that this cosmetics came with the middle pre-order-edition of RoR (in german "Helden-Edition", in english probably "hero edition").
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][FONT=garamond][FONT=book antiqua][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Thallianus[/B] - champion r11[/COLOR] |Morthond [DE]|[COLOR=#ff0000][B]Worrat[/B] - stalker r8[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Today, I asked someone who had this cosmetics on his horse. He told me that its called "Morgenröte" (I think "dawn" in english), and he also said that this cosmetics came with the middle pre-order-edition of RoR (in german "Helden-Edition", in english probably "hero edition").
    Red Dawn, specifically. And in English, that edition would be the 'heroic'.

If that's true, colour me cranky.

Smile

Cracked and purchase steed dyes, tail, and hide today. Couldn't help it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    Red Dawn, specifically. And in English, that edition would be the 'heroic'.

If that's true, colour me cranky.

So if it was from an Heroic Edition, it can't be get from another way?
    If they have the Red Dawn version of the Steed of the Eastemnet, they should have a Red Dawn set of the Eastemnet as well to match their steed?

It makes no sense... why wouldn't they give both 2 war-steed appearances to who pre-purchased it and if there are 2 sets (red and green) they didn't gave both too.

Rise of Isengard gave us 3 cosmetic sets and 3 mounts.

Riders of Rohan I paid 20$ more (I bought RoI Legendary) and I got only 1 cosmetic set and 1 mount.
    They could give the 2 sets and mounts to everybody as well like they did in RoI.

But ok... So we never can get a Red Dawn steed appearence then. How could I know the German version (or whatever version it is) was giving a red dawn appearance? Bah.

I liked it :/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000023a0af/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

My normal set up again, I just really like this shot, wanted to share!

Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Even though every third war-steed around has this banner, I really like it and regret that the new captain's steed does not have something similar.

Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast