We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    This one is a tribute to "Sunny", who passed away a year ago. I call it: Downwind

Dappled skin and short metallic tail (both black - should be sooty, but the scale isn't quite dark enough), plain black saddle. Mine is Grey Company gear in umber/grey with a flowing black cloak. Again the outfit is understated to show off the horse.

(Still missing the chestnut highlights in the mane and tail when the sun shines through, but it's not a bad resemblance. Would be nice to split the horse cosmetics into body/highlights like the rest of the wardrobe, to both increase the value of the the dye packs and inspire more purchases.)

“My mare, Shamis Amal (Sunny Hope) died. I was with her when she drew her first breath in this world and I was with her when she drew her last. 32 1/2 years of memories together. October 16th is also my mother's birthday, I like to think she welcomed my horse at the other end of the Rainbow Bridge. Sunny and I were a great team. The night she was born, a whippoorwill sang right outside the stable. She shared almost half my life with me." ~ Mom
    [I][FONT=Verdana]"[B]The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.[/B]"[/FONT][/I] [SIZE=1]~ Bedouin Proverb[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Oraekja View Post
    This one is a tribute to "Sunny", who passed away a year ago. I call it: Downwind

Dappled skin and short metallic tail (both black - should be sooty, but the scale isn't quite dark enough), plain black saddle. Mine is Grey Company gear in umber/grey with a flowing black cloak. Again the outfit is understated to show off the horse.

(Still missing the chestnut highlights in the mane and tail when the sun shines through, but it's not a bad resemblance. Would be nice to split the horse cosmetics into body/highlights like the rest of the wardrobe, to both increase the value of the the dye packs and inspire more purchases.)

“My mare, Shamis Amal (Sunny Hope) died. I was with her when she drew her first breath in this world and I was with her when she drew her last. 32 1/2 years of memories together. October 16th is also my mother's birthday, I like to think she welcomed my horse at the other end of the Rainbow Bridge. Sunny and I were a great team. The night she was born, a whippoorwill sang right outside the stable. She shared almost half my life with me." ~ Mom
    Very beautiful story and Horse
    85 Cappy - 85 Burg - 85 Champ - 85 Hunter - 85 Warden - 0 Life

Here is Ellonur's light warsteed Sparklemane with my current favorite outfit for him:

Tobiano coat from the store dyed black, mane and tail dyed white
    Elite Rohirrim Tail
    Runekeeper leggings (dyed black)
    Runekeeper saddle
    ~ Member of the Player Council 2013 ~
    Ellonur, level 95 Rune-keeper | Arenglor, level 85 Lore-master | Fimlas, level 78 Rune-keeper | Eluivor, level 73 Minstrel

Still resisting the overpriced stuff in the store... almost caved in earlier but my stubborness won out again.

All Steed of the Hunter cosmetics, standard grey steed, free orange coloring.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Well, I never thought I would do it, but I bought TP from the store to get some more horsey cosmetics.

Pieces used here:
    Shaggy Hide Skin (black colour)
    Burglar's Caparison (dyed white)
    Burglar's Saddle
    Simple Tail (dyed white)

Pieces used:
    Plain Hide (dyed black)
    Light Halter of the Wold (dyed Red)
    Light Caparison of the Norcrofts (dyed red)
    Steed of Night Leggings (dyed red)
    Burglar's Saddle
    Simple Tail (dyed white)

Pieces used:
    Plain Hide (dyed white)
    Rohirrim Elite Saddle
    Plain Tail (dyed white)

Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon
    Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers

Turbine know's how to hit a man (or horse) in the wallet. I had to stop myself from buying everything in the store. I'm rather happy with my current getup however (matches my cosmetics quite well)

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002e4161/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I have two questions:
    My main character has now a warsteed.
    Will my alts have to buy all the colors again, or are they avadible for all characters?
    One of my alts own the steed of the hunter - can only this character use the cosmetic for the warsteed? Becaus my main can not choose it - or is it because the alt with the steed don't have a warsteed yet?
    Last edited by BlueBox; Oct 21 2012 at 05:05 AM.
    zu Hause auf Belegaer

Steed of the Eastment with Orc head on pike

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBox View Post
    I have two questions:
    My main character has now a warsteed.
    Will my alts have to buy all the colors again, or are they avadible for all characters?
    One of my alts own the steed of the hunter - can only this character use the cosmetic for the warsteed? Becaus my main can not choose it - or is it because the alt with the steed don't have a warsteed yet?
    Bluebox,

As it stands now, war steed cosmetic pieces are bound to your character, which means only the character that has that color can use it. For example, your main buys a pack of 4 colors and you log in your alt and find no colors available. In order to have those colors for your alt you also have to buy them for him.

There is a petition to have this system modified in some way, pleading with Turbine/WB to make the cosmetic aspect of war steeds more affordable for everyone to be able to enjoy. Here is the link to the petition if you are interested:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...or-Pack-prices!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000012a057/01008/signature.png]Rasraen[/charsig]

[url]Http://theivylotro.squarespace.com[/url]

Byndi of Silverlode

Body = Steed of Night (Purple)
    Gear = Steed of Night
    Head = Steed of Night (Purple)
    Hide = Overo (Black)
    Legs = Steed of Night (purple)
    Saddle = Basic Black
    Tail = Leather Wrap (Black Hair)

Body = nekkid
    Gear = nekkid
    Head = nekkid
    Hide = Overo (Black)
    Legs = nekkid
    Saddle = nekkid
    Tail = Simple Tail (Black)

This is my Warsteed Salem, The first pic is of him geared out for Halloween and the second is all natural nudey warsteed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000000293f/01004/signature.png]Byndi[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    With the launch of Riders of Rohan, players can now get a war-steed whose appearance can be customised. So taking inspiration from the 'Show us your favorite cosmetic outfit' thread. I would like to invite everyone to share their war-steed outfits

More information on war-steeds can be found at warsteeds.com

I'll start with one of my own..

Body = Hunter's Caparison (default colour)
    Gear = Champion's Gear
    Head = Champion's Halter (rust)
    Hide = Solid Warsteed (black)
    Legs = Champion's Leggings (rust)
    Saddle = Rohirrim Elite Saddle
    Tail = Simple Tail (charcoal)
    Nice outfit... question though: are you having issues with the warsteed hide looking grey in the sunlight? I posted a comparison on the Steed of Night appearance in regular v. warsteed forms here, and I was truly disappointed in the color of black hide in sunlight... wasn't sure if it was a hide texture issue or what. I have the basic hide. If you have any suggestions, that would be most helpful. Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/05203000000128fd1/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

My horse:

Body: Guardian's caparison(black)
    Gear: Orc head on a pike
    Head: Guardian's halter(black)
    Hide: Solid warsteed(black)
    Legs: Guardian's leggins(black)
    Saddle: Guardian's saddle
    Tail: Simple tail(black)
    Last edited by Ivzior; Oct 21 2012 at 05:31 PM.

This is Freya. She enjoys music, long walks along the riverbank, and eating orc faces.

Dyes? We don't need no stinkin dyes. ;p

The default colors of the Spotted Steed seem to work perfectly with the brown and silver of the Champion Steed set, plus the default color of the Simple Tail is a pretty good match for my champion's own tarnished-silver hair. They can share the horse-shampoo, perhaps.

"Life is 10% what you make it, and 90% how you take it." - Irving Berlin
    MirkwoodIsengardLOTRO-Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzi View Post
    This is Freya. She enjoys music, long walks along the riverbank, and eating orc faces.

Hahaha that is AWESOME.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

These are all so awesome! I got completely distracted trying to post my own pics :P **Edit** Click the thumbnails for larger pics

Aethelwulfe only has the steed of the hunter, plus basic warsteed colours so I came up with this:

The original steed looked like this with Aethel in his poacher outfit:

I do like how it came out, I used green dye from the freebie pack. I really want the black/white pinto horse skin but it'll need different tack I think.
    Last edited by Vilost; Oct 23 2012 at 02:39 PM.
    [center][color=teal]Wingwoz (on hunters in LOTRO), "I prefer to think of them more like Elvis or James Dean. Terminally self indulgent but their presence in a party, nay, the very fact that they ever existed, makes the world a cooler place."[/color]
    [color=orange]'[i]Zairente hums, "Little rabbit Poo-kie / running through the Di-res / scooping up the Mon-archs / and BANGING 'em on the head."[/i]'
    [i][url=http://my.lotro.com/user-984907/]The Antics and Ramblings of Family Nenaelin[/url][/i][/color][/center]

Let her buck!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000149bbb/01008/signature.png]Olde[/charsig]

All standard skin/cosmetics, quest rewards and the hunter's steed from the store.

(right-click - show image if it's too small)

~ Chieftain Atriohm, Cotfk

Why do most of the war steeds look like they have cataracts? Very few of the pics posted so far have natural looking eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by mynamewastakenvandel View Post
    Why do most of the war steeds look like they have cataracts? Very few of the pics posted so far have natural looking eyes.
    All of the warsteeds' eyes look like that. We complained about it in beta, but nothing came of it.

My Captain at dawn.
    Simple Black horse

[COLOR=#4169e1][FONT=Tahoma][B][SIZE=1]|l /=/ From Codemasters over Turbine to Mordor \=\ l|

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/272180000002e4205/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

I've gone for a fairly simple look, but I'm happy with how it compliments my outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by SungXe View Post
    My Captain at dawn.
    Simple Black horse

love the background

My Steed, Tonus, outfitted entirely with items and colors found in-game.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast