We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My Favourite Warsteed Outfit, EXCEPT...

Alright, one thing here is not like the rest... What could that be?

Other than the offending [Orc Head on Pike], this is my favourite outfit. I snapped this screenie to serve as "Exhibit A" in my petition to change warsteed swag from Character-Bound to... something else. ANYTHING else.

Quote Originally Posted by Turriseburnea View Post
    NICE screenshot!

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Caylean View Post
    Alright, one thing here is not like the rest... What could that be?

Other than the offending [Orc Head on Pike], this is my favourite outfit. I snapped this screenie to serve as "Exhibit A" in my petition to change warsteed swag from Character-Bound to... something else. ANYTHING else.
    That pink color almost seems to bleed into the horses hide itself. It has a slightly pink or purple tinge to it almost!

Outstanding shot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prancey View Post

=)
    Love this shot too!
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

This is the Bone set currently available in the Store (with Orc head accessory from a warband drop) - saw a screenshot of this from the beta and hoped they'd release it soon.

My only gripe is that I wish I could change the color scheme to red armor with a black hide but there's no way I'm paying almost 1200TP to buy the dyes necessary. Hopefully Turbine will listen to the customer base in the other threads and make the prices more reasonable.

Such a great shot!
    What armor is your character wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Braithir View Post

Sigh, I wanted to try that cosmetic set since beta began (saw it on one of the outfitted war-horses). Never did see how to get it. And now its in the store...sigh. If I hadn't already bought TP just to get some more variety, I might get this.

I really hope in the future we'll get more choices on how to customize without the Store.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/Annatar_2007/signature_prayer_zpse71bebfe.jpg[/IMG]
    [COLOR=#0000cd][B]Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon[/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers[/COLOR][/B]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    Such a great shot!
    What armor is your character wearing?
    Chest - Forged Iron Dunleding Hauberk or FUINHAM
    Shoulders - Hyrde axle
    Boots - Reinforced leather Dunlendings boots

LOL

Black

White

Okay, you guys wanna start posting your total TP costs with each of these steed cosmetic setups?!?!?!

Seems like there are some excellent cosmetic choices available on the store though, too bad most of us aren't willing to spend 2-4k TPs to get a warsteed that looks nice...

Let me get this straight - all those horse "clothes" are store only just like the colours?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Walrus View Post
    Let me get this straight - all those horse "clothes" are store only just like the colours?
    As I mentioned in my post, the outfit, colors and skin my horse is wearing are all from items found in-game (from quests and warband loot boxes). In other words, I did not purchase anything from the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Okay, you guys wanna start posting your total TP costs with each of these steed cosmetic setups?!?!?!

Seems like there are some excellent cosmetic choices available on the store though, too bad most of us aren't willing to spend 2-4k TPs to get a warsteed that looks nice...
    Mine cost 1200 TP

To be honest, out of all of the things on the store, paying £5 or £10 for optional cosmetics that have no actual baring on the game at all isn't exactly bad, in fact it's kind of the whole point of the store.

You get six colours for the tack for free: Rose, Dark Green, Yellow, Indigo and... uhm... Orange and Rust?

You also can gain 'horse clothes' as quest rewards, or via warband lootboxes. This includes the spotted hide.

However, you cannot change the colour of your war-steed's hide without buying a colour pack from the Store.

I finally came up with something I like. Very, very simple, but I love it.

More pics and info over here.

I gave into temptation and bought a Shaggy Roan hide for 595 TP
    You see here the Steed of the Hunter caparison and gear. (1995 TP)
    Last edited by Sigram; Oct 29 2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    You get six colours for the tack for free: Rose, Dark Green, Yellow, Indigo and... uhm... Orange and Rust?

You also can gain 'horse clothes' as quest rewards, or via warband lootboxes. This includes the spotted hide.

However, you cannot change the colour of your war-steed's hide without buying a colour pack from the Store.
    Yeah I know, I got some of that. It's just it seems there's a lot more than quests offer.
    From warbands it's only the spotted horse, isn't it? At least lotro-wiki doesn't mention anything else.

Yeah I know, I got some of that. It's just it seems there's a lot more than quests offer.
    From warbands it's only the spotted horse, isn't it? At least lotro-wiki doesn't mention anything else.
    Spotted hide and Orc head on a pike can come from Warband boxes, some other cosmetics like the Torchbearer's Accessory or the Light Leather Halter can come from Riddermark Bound Chests (that you use those keys to open).

I get a lot of appreciative stares on Landy for my War steed. Only having 1 level 75 toon means that she gets spoiled quite a bit. I will also say I'm a little sad that it took well over 4k Turbine points to get my mount to look like this....

A breakdown:

Head - Steed of the Burglar - 1995
    Body - Heavy Steed of the Wold - 995
    Tail - Diamond pattern - 395
    Shaggy Roan Mane - 395
    Feet - Steed of the Burglar
    Accessories - Warrior (store purchase) - 395
    Body/Tail color pack (black/grey) - 395
    Armor color pack (black/grey) - 395

I'm remembering prices off the top of my head, some things may have been higher. I don't spend my points on much else (I also have the bone armor and a few other cosmetic pieces I'm using on an alternate look).
    Last edited by BlackLlama; Oct 29 2012 at 10:49 PM.

So, here is Dûalagos.

Watchful

A Red Dawn

And We Remember Those Who Have Fallen

Here is Nibeneth's own comrade and brother, Galroch.

I've only purchased two hide color packs (before I realized that they are really expensive if you add it all up...), and I won't be buying anymore whatsoever for any future toon that makes it to Rohan -- unless, of course, they drop the price or allow us to purchase colors individually. All the cosmetics Galroch is wearing were earned in-game.

This thread really makes me wish we had a 'stable' option in housing, so that you could put your warsteed there; people could just wander their neighborhood to see all the horses.

My elf-maid Meneliel on her steed Heledir:

Hide: Dappled, colored dark grey
    Head: none
    Caparison: Rune-keeper, colored navy
    Legs: Lore-master, colored Evendim Blue
    Saddle: Minstrel
    Tail: Braided Flower, colored dark grey
    Gear: Accessory of the Northstar

This is the horse I've wanted for my main since the beginning. I've been hoping for customizable steeds forever, since I love cosmetics and horses. I feel it was well worth the Turbine points I spent. Heledir finally looks right.

Sorry for the lousy screenshots, I'm on my old laptop at the moment. I do love seeing everyone else's horses, it's one of my favorite things about the expansion.
    [IMG]http://themaskedshrike.com/lotrobanners/sig-lotro8sm.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Meneliel View Post
    Hide: Dappled, colored dark grey
    Head: none
    Caparison: Rune-keeper, colored navy
    Legs: Lore-master, colored Evendim Blue
    Saddle: Minstrel
    Tail: Braided Flower, colored dark grey
    Gear: Accessory of the Northstar
    Shades of Grey Mount Colour Pack
    + 395
    Dappled Hide
    +1995
    Steed of the Rune-Keeper
    + 595
    Shades of Blue Tack Colour Pack
    +1995
    Steed of the Lore-Master
    +1995
    Steed of the Minstrel
    + 395
    Braided Flower Tail
    + 395
    Accessory of the Northstar
    =8360
    TPs! Or roughly $80 USD!!!! (estimates, not online atm but pretty sure those are the costs)

Quote Originally Posted by Meneliel View Post
    This is the horse I've wanted for my main since the beginning. I've been hoping for customizable steeds forever, since I love cosmetics and horses. I feel it was well worth the Turbine points I spent. Heledir finally looks right.

Sorry for the lousy screenshots, I'm on my old laptop at the moment. I do love seeing everyone else's horses, it's one of my favorite things about the expansion.
    I'm glad that you're happy with you're mount, don't get me wrong; I just want Turbine to realize that these prices are insanely high. $80 to get a VIRTUAL horse that you like just seems a bit much to me...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast