We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Show us your favorite war-steed outfit

With the launch of Riders of Rohan, players can now get a war-steed whose appearance can be customised. So taking inspiration from the 'Show us your favorite cosmetic outfit' thread. I would like to invite everyone to share their war-steed outfits

More information on war-steeds can be found at warsteeds.com

I'll start with one of my own..

Body = Hunter's Caparison (default colour)
    Gear = Champion's Gear
    Head = Champion's Halter (rust)
    Hide = Solid Warsteed (black)
    Legs = Champion's Leggings (rust)
    Saddle = Rohirrim Elite Saddle
    Tail = Simple Tail (charcoal)
    Last edited by Galuhad; Oct 18 2012 at 08:20 AM.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins

That's a great outfit Galuhad. I'll try and post mine later with a Guardian Steed Mix.
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

Here's some more screenshots, this time from my Minstrel to coordinate with the outfit:

Body = Champion's Caparison (sea blue)
    Gear = Hunter's Gear
    Head = Champion's Halter (sea blue)
    Hide = Shaggy Roan Warsteed (red roan)
    Legs = Light Leggings of the Wold (sea blue)
    Saddle = Light Saddle of the Wold
    Tail = Simple Tail (liver chesnut)
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins

I am very fond of the Steed of the Hunter cosmetics.

On my home server, not changed from default settings because I am unwilling to spend the crazy amount of TP they want for dye packs:

Standard Grey Warsteed color with default colors for the Steed of the Hunter cosmetics

From the beta server, a couple different set ups:

Standard warsteed hides on both pictures. The top picture is black mane/tail with copper hide color and the bottom is black hide color, Steed of the Hunter cosmetics dyed black.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Great screenshots everyone! I'm curious to see what kinds of combinations people come up with.

Here's my Hobbit Minstrel with the new Minstrel steed appearance (all parts dyed with Olive dye)

Minstrel steed in pink w/ uncoloured pony because the colours are too expensive.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    I am very fond of the Steed of the Hunter cosmetics.

Love those as well

They fit well with my Captain's outfit (which is why I had bought him the Hunter steed in the first place).

Will have to take a good pic and upload in few.
    [center][color=teal]Wingwoz (on hunters in LOTRO), "I prefer to think of them more like Elvis or James Dean. Terminally self indulgent but their presence in a party, nay, the very fact that they ever existed, makes the world a cooler place."[/color]
    [color=orange]'[i]Zairente hums, "Little rabbit Poo-kie / running through the Di-res / scooping up the Mon-archs / and BANGING 'em on the head."[/i]'
    [i][url=http://my.lotro.com/user-984907/]The Antics and Ramblings of Family Nenaelin[/url][/i][/color][/center]

The mighty steed Alpo Warg-Chow! Descendant of the line of Purina *points to chest piece as proof*

Body = Guardian's Caparison (default colour)
    Gear = None
    Head = None
    Hide = Solid Warsteed (White)
    Legs = Rune-Keeper's Leggings (Black)
    Saddle = Basic Black Saddle
    Tail = Simple Tail (White)

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    With the launch of Riders of Rohan, players can now get a war-steed whose appearance can be customised. So taking inspiration from the 'Show us your favorite cosmetic outfit' thread. I would like to invite everyone to share their war-steed outfits

More information on war-steeds can be found at warsteeds.com

I'll start with one of my own..

Body = Hunter's Caparison (default colour)
    Gear = Champion's Gear
    Head = Champion's Halter (rust)
    Hide = Solid Warsteed (black)
    Legs = Champion's Leggings (rust)
    Saddle = Rohirrim Elite Saddle
    Tail = Simple Tail (charcoal)
    Nice outfit... question though: are you having issues with the warsteed hide looking grey in the sunlight? I posted a comparison on the Steed of Night appearance in regular v. warsteed forms here, and I was truly disappointed in the color of black hide in sunlight... wasn't sure if it was a hide texture issue or what. I have the basic hide. If you have any suggestions, that would be most helpful. Thanks!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/05203000000128fd1/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

My horse:

Body: Guardian's caparison(black)
    Gear: Orc head on a pike
    Head: Guardian's halter(black)
    Hide: Solid warsteed(black)
    Legs: Guardian's leggins(black)
    Saddle: Guardian's saddle
    Tail: Simple tail(black)
    Last edited by Ivzior; Oct 21 2012 at 04:31 PM.

This is Freya. She enjoys music, long walks along the riverbank, and eating orc faces.

Dyes? We don't need no stinkin dyes. ;p

The default colors of the Spotted Steed seem to work perfectly with the brown and silver of the Champion Steed set, plus the default color of the Simple Tail is a pretty good match for my champion's own tarnished-silver hair. They can share the horse-shampoo, perhaps.

"Life is 10% what you make it, and 90% how you take it." - Irving Berlin
    MirkwoodIsengardLOTRO-Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzi View Post
    This is Freya. She enjoys music, long walks along the riverbank, and eating orc faces.

Hahaha that is AWESOME.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

These are all so awesome! I got completely distracted trying to post my own pics :P **Edit** Click the thumbnails for larger pics

Aethelwulfe only has the steed of the hunter, plus basic warsteed colours so I came up with this:

The original steed looked like this with Aethel in his poacher outfit:

I do like how it came out, I used green dye from the freebie pack. I really want the black/white pinto horse skin but it'll need different tack I think.
    Last edited by Vilost; Oct 23 2012 at 01:39 PM.
    [center][color=teal]Wingwoz (on hunters in LOTRO), "I prefer to think of them more like Elvis or James Dean. Terminally self indulgent but their presence in a party, nay, the very fact that they ever existed, makes the world a cooler place."[/color]
    [color=orange]'[i]Zairente hums, "Little rabbit Poo-kie / running through the Di-res / scooping up the Mon-archs / and BANGING 'em on the head."[/i]'
    [i][url=http://my.lotro.com/user-984907/]The Antics and Ramblings of Family Nenaelin[/url][/i][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzi View Post

Dyes? We don't need no stinkin dyes. ;p

The default colors of the Spotted Steed seem to work perfectly with the brown and silver of the Champion Steed set, plus the default color of the Simple Tail is a pretty good match for my champion's own tarnished-silver hair. They can share the horse-shampoo, perhaps.

I think I'd actually like to know what YOUR outfit is, love the boots, leggings and vest!