We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Show us your favorite war-steed outfit

With the launch of Riders of Rohan, players can now get a war-steed whose appearance can be customised. So taking inspiration from the 'Show us your favorite cosmetic outfit' thread. I would like to invite everyone to share their war-steed outfits

More information on war-steeds can be found at warsteeds.com

I'll start with one of my own..

Body = Hunter's Caparison (default colour)
    Gear = Champion's Gear
    Head = Champion's Halter (rust)
    Hide = Solid Warsteed (black)
    Legs = Champion's Leggings (rust)
    Saddle = Rohirrim Elite Saddle
    Tail = Simple Tail (charcoal)
    Last edited by Galuhad; Oct 18 2012 at 09:20 AM.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

That's a great outfit Galuhad. I'll try and post mine later with a Guardian Steed Mix.
    Razor // Lusitanius // Crickhollow ~ Portuguese Kinship //

Here's some more screenshots, this time from my Minstrel to coordinate with the outfit:

Body = Champion's Caparison (sea blue)
    Gear = Hunter's Gear
    Head = Champion's Halter (sea blue)
    Hide = Shaggy Roan Warsteed (red roan)
    Legs = Light Leggings of the Wold (sea blue)
    Saddle = Light Saddle of the Wold
    Tail = Simple Tail (liver chesnut)
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

I am very fond of the Steed of the Hunter cosmetics.

On my home server, not changed from default settings because I am unwilling to spend the crazy amount of TP they want for dye packs:

Standard Grey Warsteed color with default colors for the Steed of the Hunter cosmetics

From the beta server, a couple different set ups:

Standard warsteed hides on both pictures. The top picture is black mane/tail with copper hide color and the bottom is black hide color, Steed of the Hunter cosmetics dyed black.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Great screenshots everyone! I'm curious to see what kinds of combinations people come up with.

Here's my Hobbit Minstrel with the new Minstrel steed appearance (all parts dyed with Olive dye)

Minstrel steed in pink w/ uncoloured pony because the colours are too expensive.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

The minstrel steed seems very popular I Really want the gear but I don't fancy buying the entire mount. I hope that one day the parts will be split up and sold serperately for all the store exclusive steeds.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

:O where do you guy get all these cosmetic? I open store, warsteed -> appearance but cant see anything like these outfit.

As you quest through rohan, you'll get some standard rewards for your horse cosmetics, but they're pretty ugly. Class steeds are bought from the lotro store, and they become cosmetics for your horse. That's the reason I splurged on the minstrel steed. I couldn't resist something so class specific. It was pretty ugly in it's non-war steed form, but I like it as it is now with the extra colour options.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    :O where do you guy get all these cosmetic? I open store, warsteed -> appearance but cant see anything like these outfit.
    Most of these are from the class steeds: Store -> Travel & Housing -> Mounts -> Store Exclusives. When you purchase one of these class mounts or steed of the night, you get the matching equipment for your war-steed.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Body = Light Caparison of the Wold (sienna)
    Gear = Champion's Gear
    Head = none
    Hide = Shaggy Roan Warsteed (black chestnut)
    Legs = none
    Saddle = Hunter's Saddle
    Tail = Simple Tail (black chestnut)
    Last edited by Galuhad; Oct 19 2012 at 06:55 AM.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    Most of these are from the class steeds: Store -> Travel & Housing -> Mounts -> Store Exclusives. When you purchase one of these class mounts or steed of the night, you get the matching equipment for your war-steed.
    So only horses buy from store can use as warsteed's cosmetic, not in-game horses? That is... well... disappointed. I mean store sell character's cosmetic too (and yes, i did buy 2), but you can still use hundreds in-game cosmetic and gear pieces to make your outfit. But warsteed's outfit? 2k TP for a horse, that you might only use 1 pieces of it's set (and even cant try it out before you buy). Or 1k TP for a set, 600 TP for 4 colors that bound? Well: "There is no curse in elvish, entish or the tongues of man for this price."
    I hope turbine can add more warsteed cosmetic pieces in-game and store, just like we can do with character cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    "There is no curse in elvish, entish or the tongues of man for this price."
    This made me giggle, a lot, +rep

Here's mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Northwoods; Oct 19 2012 at 09:10 PM.
    [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=deepskyblue]Lle merna aut farien?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][B][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=yellow]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000005532/01008/signature.png]Northwoods[/charsig][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][B][SIZE=2][FONT=Garamond][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=yellow]
    Playing music in LotRO is as easy as [URL="http://abcnotation.org.uk/"]ABC![/URL][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B]

Simple, yet elegant; it's all about the horse...

[I][FONT=Verdana]"[B]The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.[/B]"[/FONT][/I] [SIZE=1]~ Bedouin Proverb[/SIZE]

hey yall! keepign it simple. bought a store cosmo and a dye pack. the bags and saddle are from the steed of the night.

Regulators, mount up! (my avatar is now relevant! get some!)
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Where were you guys able to get the Shaggy Roan Warsteed hide and the other warsteed hide? I thought all that was available was the Spotted Warsteed hide as a drop from warbands (besides the default hide of course).

Here are my two outfits. Turbine is definitely trying to break my bank with all the warsteed cosmetics and cosmetic slots which, as a soon to be college grad who then has to start house hunting with my fiance, I just don't have the money for $70+ on horses. Um, I digress. ಠ_ಠ

Spotted Warsteed Hide --> Dark Chestnut with Black Chestnut mane/tail
    Light Caparison of the Norcrofts --> Olive
    Rohirrim Elite Saddle

Solid Warsteed Hide --> Black Chestnut with Red Roan mane/tail
    Burglar's Caparison --> Olive
    Guardian's Halter --> Olive
    Burglar's Leggings --> Olive
    Rohirrim Elite Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    I am very fond of the Steed of the Hunter cosmetics.

Love those as well

They fit well with my Captain's outfit (which is why I had bought him the Hunter steed in the first place).

Will have to take a good pic and upload in few.
    [center][color=teal]Wingwoz (on hunters in LOTRO), "I prefer to think of them more like Elvis or James Dean. Terminally self indulgent but their presence in a party, nay, the very fact that they ever existed, makes the world a cooler place."[/color]
    [color=orange]'[i]Zairente hums, "Little rabbit Poo-kie / running through the Di-res / scooping up the Mon-archs / and BANGING 'em on the head."[/i]'
    [i][url=http://my.lotro.com/user-984907/]The Antics and Ramblings of Family Nenaelin[/url][/i][/color][/center]

The mighty steed Alpo Warg-Chow! Descendant of the line of Purina *points to chest piece as proof*

Body = Guardian's Caparison (default colour)
    Gear = None
    Head = None
    Hide = Solid Warsteed (White)
    Legs = Rune-Keeper's Leggings (Black)
    Saddle = Basic Black Saddle
    Tail = Simple Tail (White)

My main Elf, Kemendin Mahtanárë, on his steed, named Lhach:

And my Rider of the Mark, Ellaen Fremedon, on her steed, named Feldegangende:

Last edited by Kemendin; Oct 20 2012 at 03:37 PM.
    [CENTER][IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/8df4702b1eb8d9fca2e36f6299dc57c3/tumblr_neulgaA6tY1rcf8xho1_400.jpg[/IMG]
    Scield Scefing | Sagewort | Ellenn Fremedon | Sep Dogwood[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Raesharra View Post

Simple yet stunning
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Introducing Hyld!

She has a mixture of RK and Hunter mount pieces, however I kept the default mount skin. I did treat her to a new tail. Isn't she beautiful?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000012a057/01008/signature.png]Rasraen[/charsig]

[url]Http://theivylotro.squarespace.com[/url]

Wow! Some beautiful horses and pictures. Thanks for this thread.

Can anyone tell me, when you change the color of your horse's skin, can you dye the mane and tail separately or does their color come with the skin?

Quote Originally Posted by sasha008 View Post
    Wow! Some beautiful horses and pictures. Thanks for this thread.

Can anyone tell me, when you change the color of your horse's skin, can you dye the mane and tail separately or does their color come with the skin?
    You choose one colour for the mane and tail and another for the coat. Thankfully separate, otherwise options would be fairly dull!
    [CENTER][IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/8df4702b1eb8d9fca2e36f6299dc57c3/tumblr_neulgaA6tY1rcf8xho1_400.jpg[/IMG]
    Scield Scefing | Sagewort | Ellenn Fremedon | Sep Dogwood[/CENTER]

This is my new favorite:

Hide: Tobiano Warsteed Hide (Black Chestnut hide and tail/mane coloring)
    Blanket: Guardian's Caparison (olive)
    Legs: Burglar's Leggings
    Saddle: Guardian's Saddle

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast