We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I really hope that they dont do anyting becuse it is epic love it! captain needs this

btw only reason why captain dose this much dmg is becuse some captans build for Masterys your own masterys depends how much dmg you do on your warsteed.. like HoH captains with alot of Tactical mastery will do epic dmg... with crys... melee captains do not soo much if they dont bost it with over done with might and agilit on birdel´... soo i can say noo captais arnt the only OP on warsteeds.. every can do 10k on warsteed and one shoot if the trait the char and steed right... for captains its just easy becuse we just need go for might and that give us both Tac and phisical Mastery
    Last edited by Maximums; Oct 24 2012 at 09:47 AM.
    If you dont stand for something, You fall for anything. Thats why we use last stand and in harms way

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2i6ytew.jpg[/IMG]

I also saw other classes can hit higher than we can...

And I agree, an option to have my herald on his horse following my lead on the battle would be cool =)
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

are any of the other classes as powerful, on horseback, as we are?

i have yet to see it. i have yet to have anyone pull a mob off me, once i get aggro. teh warbands just love my huge hits.

im hitting for over 9k, very regularly, on OPENING hits. hit for 11k+ three times last night, that i noticed.

im freaking LOVING this stuff.

mounted combat: the flavor i didnt even know i was looking for! it is like hearing that random song that just hit you perfect, but you had no idea that was the song you wanted to hear at that moment... hope ya follow that analogy
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

To those saying other classes are hitting harder, which? My level 80 cappy is critting 10-11k single target, 4-6k per target with AoEs... My level 83rk is hitting for 4-6k TOPS single target. I get my cappy on a warsteed and I don't worry about ANYTHING... Not to mention the cappy has no decent jewellery on him with barely 1600 might... My RK is well over 2k will... Haven't brought my other classes out to Rohan yet... I've seen burgs do some pretty nice hits, and heard of guards near 10k damage at 85, but have yet to see anyone match a captain for raw damage output...

Quote Originally Posted by Vilost View Post
    Shhh!! yall gonna get us nerfed :P
    My thoughts precisely. Maybe we'll get harder content later, and fellowship XP rules will probably be changed soon. For now I'm just enjoying having some dps for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Hunor View Post
    He can fight with 4-5 Mobs without issues, that's true, but I would not call him OP, only because now on Mount he can hit (finaly) 6-7k.
    I'm only level 80, with no damage legacies on my bridle, and I have hit for OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND a couple of times already. Just saying.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

lol ppl.... every class can do this aswell they just need to trait it right... and know how and when to use there skills... its very simple.. RK dident get a skale in dmg just stats.. there are classes that can do just as much dmg as a captain..

top one hit dmg that have bin clock with diffrent classes

Captain: 22k (Heavy Steed)
    Hunter: 16K (light steed)
    Champion: 26k (Medium steed)
    Rk :14k (light steed)
    Minis: 13k (Medium steed)
    Gards: 11k (full vit and tank traits) (heavy steed)
    LM: unknow atm
    Wardens: unknow atm

keep in mind ppl this is not form top geard Chars some of them only uses lvl 75 gear and second ages... some with some mixt gear and jewellery.
    With the right set up on your class and horse you can top your scale just as easy as any1

reson to why Champs and captains are high is becuse they only need to worry about ONE Stats and thas might..
    Might incresses Champs Melee dmg and alose captains but captains alose gain Tactical form might..
    Last edited by Maximums; Oct 25 2012 at 12:25 AM.
    If you dont stand for something, You fall for anything. Thats why we use last stand and in harms way

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2i6ytew.jpg[/IMG]

Really, IMO it makes sense. Captains belong on a horse, we should be OP on one.

Quote Originally Posted by pheriain View Post
    really, imo it makes sense. Captains belong on a horse, we should be op on one.
    so true!
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

I soloed Bugud and all of his Warband last night. It was actually embarrassingly easy.

Light steed. Full Yellow trait line with dismount Capstone and all the way down to the first skill on the Blue and Red trees. With 5 points in Endurance and Steed agility.

I was also only level 83. It took me 23mins.

Rather than hard it was just boring frankly. Took out the adds in a couple of minutes starting with his defilers. By then one of my AoEs had dismounted Bugud. I just circle strafed him for 20mins getting into melee to apply the power recharge buff every so often.

It really is that easy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e00000000215c/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'd have to agree captains are OP, mounted ofc. I use a heavy steed and have critted 23k on Bugud (who I would imagine would have high mitigation). Granted, I have a 25% critical magnitude relic on my mount, however that's still probably one of the highest one-shots mounted in game atm, though (due to the cd) I think DPS classes still have greater DPS over time. Would I change this? Yes and no.. I'd make it so that at lower levels I can't one-shot adds like I can with a lvl 50 mount. When I first got my mount I was already critting 6k or so with Cry Wrath right off the back, nearly a 1-shot itself. So, unless raid bosses in the instances have a few millions in health.. I'd tone it down.

Going Riddlemark is so OP it's beyond fun. My LM has absolutely ZERO aoe skills and my capt is oneshotting mobs in 40m radius. That's just plain silly.
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

may i sound a bit weird?
    What the fuss about captain being OP? its not gamebreaking or something...
    seriously for the first time im glad that cappy is OP on something solowise

[Tangaar Captain R 7][Barukhazad Minstrel R 9]

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaar View Post
    may i sound a bit weird?
    What the fuss about captain being OP? its not gamebreaking or something...
    seriously for the first time im glad that cappy is OP on something solowise
    i think that your last sentence is the concensus here. its not fuss, its more celebratory!

it fits and is, as you say, not gamebreaking

im still really enjoying this.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Captains SHOULD be OP. That's why they're the CAPTAIN. Who'd want to follow a wuss?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000002739b1/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Gilcrist, 85 Man Warden, Elendilmir
    Gilfindond, 85 Elf Champion, Elendilmir

Sure I can one-hit landscape mob with full fury crits, done bit over 10k damage couple of times but when you dont have fury your damage isn't that wonderful anymore, so I'd say mounted cappy isnt OP at all.

IMO it is as it should be. We are the ones who rides in the front, we are the heavy cavalry breaking through enemy lines, we inspire others with our courage a might. Enemy should fear us! That means we should be hitting things pretty hard!
    Imagine that at some point they'll add a massive battle with hundreds of goblins and orcs holding the line againts you and your raid. I want to be the one leading my mates into the battle. It would look weird if I wouldn't be able to insta-kill that poor scared goblin with a shaking pike in his hands at the very front of the enemy formation. BTW I guess the impact with the horse itself would kill him with all that kinetic energy so I would even make "Trample" more powerful
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000001ce2f7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by AkuArmoton View Post
    Sure I can one-hit landscape mob with full fury crits, done bit over 10k damage couple of times but when you dont have fury your damage isn't that wonderful anymore, so I'd say mounted cappy isnt OP at all.
    Even without full Fury, my Heavy steed Captain is two-hitting most of the landscape mobs. In Riddermark discipline, with Ride for Ruin active, I can clear all the adds from Kramp and Gundul with a single pass of Cry Havoc -> Rally the Riders. Doing the same for Bugud clears all but Bugud himself and his two mini-boss cronies. Sometimes, it requires a second use of Cry Havoc or Rally the Riders to finish the adds off, but not usually.

Not that I'm complaining, mind.

(And, incidentally, while Light steeds are definitely best for single-target DPS, the above is why I keep riding a Heavy steed anyway. It's not that far behind for single targets, but you do way more AoE damage, by the simple fact that the Heavy steed's crit buff applies in all disciplines, rather than just in Red Dawn.)
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

2nd Age 85 Medium Bridle, 0 Crystals, WITHOUT Riddermark Direct Damage legacy:

Not OP at all.

EDIT: Link to picture: http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/687...shot00023x.jpg
    Last edited by Elrantiri; Nov 26 2012 at 07:35 AM.

Do nto post stretched pictures please, I can't see anything in it.
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by The-Walrus View Post
    Do nto post stretched pictures please, I can't see anything in it.
    Right-click -> Open image in new tab. Should let you see it in full res, it's the forum that automatically resizes large images.

Anyway, he's posting an AoE attack (Cry Wrath in Riddermark discipline, to be precise) where all six attacks critted or devastated for a combined damage of 106k. :p
    Last edited by Gondolindhrim; Nov 26 2012 at 04:05 AM.
    Fredecar - Burglar ~ Original Challenger of Saruman
    Fingolwë - Champion ~ Challenger of Gortheron
    Eleril - Captain ~ Bane of the Lieutenant

jesus :-O

my best crit so far is like 12k... with bridle with all relics in it and maxxed legacies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2