We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BowOfFSAndDecay View Post
    Some of you guys post are just silly. They are not going to make these dyes craftable in game me and alot of my friends have already spent $40 to $60 RL dollars on these colors and thousands of other players. The best you guys can hope for here is that they make the account wide sorry but in my opinion this is how everything will go down.

Game designers, customer service reps, musical composers, GM's, tech teams they do not do there work for free.

Good Luck guys
    Think your the silly one here fella, paying $60 for a colour when some people are struggling to put food on the table.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001d814f/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

What the **** where they thinking? (Replace **** with a four letter word of your own choice.)

I'm on a year VIP sub, and bought the legendary edition, so I'm not adverse to drop real money on the game. Both wardrobe and shared storage are maxed out.

But 14k TP for my two Rohan ready toons? The "ability to permanently unlock" dyes for anything in my wardrobe is 0 TP. Account wide. Someone must have smoking something illegal when they sat down the prices.

Make it possible to buy individual colors and make it possible buy buy account wide unlocks.

I almost bought an LM steed to "unlock it's appearance". I'm glad I did not as that is just false advertising. Include the color as well or change the description in the Store.

At current prices I'm not buying anything.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000011ef5e/01006/signature.png]Kerowen[/charsig]
    [URL="http://[URL=%22http://my.lotro.com/hassan_the_assassin/2010/07/17/review-lotro-in-nvidia-3d/%22"][/URL][URL="http://my.lotro.com/hassan_the_assassin/2010/07/17/review-lotro-in-nvidia-3d/"]REVIEW: LOTRO in 3D[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    It's just the Steed of Eastemnet cosmetics. Which you cannot dye, even if you have the dyes.

• 600 TPs for a pack with four preselected dyes = 150 TPs per single dye. Translation? ~1,87$ per dye.
    • Pre-purchased mounts that were advertised as granting "the matching War-steed Appearance!" do not grant the hide dye of the steed, nor the equipment in the colour the original mount possesses.
    • In order to bring one's war-steed look closer to the pre-purchased mount's look, one must spend at least (1 colour pack + 1 equipment dye pack = 595 x 2) 1190 TPs in addition to the purchase price of the mount (1995 TPs). Perhaps even more (1785 TPs), if the chosen mount's mane and tail colours are not to be found in the same colour pack as the mount's hide.
    I figured out that if I leave the color dot (for lack of a better word) on the customization screen alone and not try to pick a color from the available ones the tack is still the correct coloring (sort of). Still sticking with my other statement. I already paid for a horse that should look like the Steed of Night...pretty sure hide color is part of that appearance (otherwise why did they take the time and energy to make them all look different in the first place?)...I should not have to spend more money when I've already paid for it. If this isn't changed the LM horse will be the last horse I purchase from the store.

To the person who spent $30-$40 for your hides, I'm glad you have the money to spend. I do not and I'm sure I'm not the only person on here that can't. We rely on TP farming or deeding to make our TP...I'm very hesitant to spend my time farming for colors on more than one toon and more than likely won't. My LM will be lucky if she ever gets a pretty war-steed ever.

Some of you guys post are just silly. They are not going to make these dyes craftable in game me and alot of my friends have already spent $40 to $60 RL dollars on these colors and thousands of other players. The best you guys can hope for here is that they make the account wide sorry but in my opinion this is how everything will go down.

Game designers, customer service reps, musical composers, GM's, tech teams they do not do there work for free.

Good Luck guys
    So you spent more money on dying your horse than buying a brand new game? What's more, you think this is going to be the norm?

Right.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000013f809/01005/signature.png]Eikerton[/charsig]

/signed.

This thread and others expressing the same disappointment are not merely the inevitable whiners. We are expressing our serious disappointment at our inability to afford these items.

The LOTRO team clearly has figured out that a sizable player population enjoys cosmetics of all types, and that's great! None of us have a problem with Turbine making money off of our desire for pretty things. But with these kinds of prices, it seems more than likely that Turbine will be losing a significant financial opportunity by not making the dye packs available to the more casual audience with less in their pocketbooks. It would also behoove the team to remember the fact that with the flexibility offered by LOTRO's payment model, we DO have an even larger population of those casual, low-budget players than other MMOs might.

These items appeal to the casual player who likes to take their time and enjoy the journey, not push for the best stuff fastest - but that kind of player is exactly what these prices are turning off.

/signed

While I understand that Turbine has to recover from the expenses of the new expansion, I think they would make more money out of the war steeds if the prices for the cosmetics and dye colors were reduced. With prices so high, only a select few can afford the whole range of war steed customization. If the prices were lowered, more people would probably buy these items and Turbine would get more money.

I already signed, so will not again, but I wanted to leave this link here:

http://cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com/2...hades-of-grey/

Great commentary on this move.

I agree with others on the ability to purchase individual dyes, and make them account-wide. I have purchased nothing so far, and have no plans to unless there is a huge sale (50%) or changes such as the ones suggested in the thread are made.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

I sign on this as well.
    Either make them accountwide single colours or lower the price a LOT!
    Im NOT gonna spend a single tp on colors, I look at them, and I want them, but not that bad. Not for all the 9 chars I got.
    Not in a million years. As with so much in this game, lower the prices from insane, so more ppl afford to buy and therefor, you earn more. Stop being so insanely greedy. That will only lose u customers in the long run. I refuse to oblige.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/29225000000003402/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'd much rather make the stance that we should be able to dye our steed cosmetics the conventional way, but we all know those days are long gone. Even so, no way I'm buying this at the current price. I'll deal with the ugly default color forced upon us.

The reason I spent more money on this game is BECAUSE ITS WORTH IT.

I understand some of you guys well alot of you are having a hard time putting food on the table, gas in your cars, probably lunch money for your kids I understand all that. I am also guessing like some people are having a hard time finding a full time job that does not help either.

I also understand what its like as a kid to go with NO LUNCH because my parents were dirt poor but... This is not my situation now and I can AFFORD to drop some extra money on some of the nice things this game offers I am not hurting. I do understand where you guys are comming from. I think Turbine will make this account wide I hope they do anyway because I do feel bad for you guys that do not have the means to pay for this.

I have a few friends actually that cannot afford this and I would love to Gift them some TP but I do not think the company allows this, mabe I am wrong?

I also need to add you guys that did buy the class steed you will get the skin to make you war steed look exactly like the class steed you purchased, the company did not lie at all about this.

For example I bought the steed of the hunter, AFTER I got my war steed 1 day later or so I logged in and I had all my skins to make my war steed look like my hunters steed. So I believe I could be wrong but I think its 1995TP points for your class steed then they give you the matching skins its like a 2 for 1 deal. BUT if you do not like you class steed obviously this is not something you would not agree with.

I also need to add you guys that did buy the class steed you will get the skin to make you war steed look exactly like the class steed you purchased, the company did not lie at all about this.

For example I bought the steed of the hunter, AFTER I got my war steed 1 day later or so I logged in and I had all my skins to make my war steed look like my hunters steed. So I believe I could be wrong but I think its 1995TP points for your class steed then they give you the matching skins its like a 2 for 1 deal. BUT if you do not like you class steed obviously this is not something you would not agree with.
    You are not quite correct. You receive gear that is similar (though not exactly the same in some cases) as the gear n the original class steed. But the gear itself is not always colored correctly - for example, then hunter steed gear is a much blander color than the original. This means you must purchase a dye pack to return it to its original color. Not the case for all steeds, but or some it is an issue.

You do NOT get the "skin" (aka the hide). You quote the hunters horse - well yes, it looks the same becuase it was already a GREY horse. Other exclusive steeds were NOT grey horses - and to "get their appearance" inferred that the steed would look the same in all aspects, not just gear. The steed of night does NOT come with a black hide color - you end up with the black gear on a grey horse, which looks nowhere near the original. This is what people are upset about - the deal was to get a "matching appearance," not just matching gear. They believed this meant the hide color as well, and it did not. While the situation does not apply to me, I completley understand that. If I'm told that if I buy a t-shirt I'll get a matching one with it, I expect an identical shirt - not the same decal on a different color shirt.
    [CENTER][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61519228/lotroforumsig.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR="#9999ff"]Freeps: Lavendel - Rinoril - Lavendeleth - Lavendelita - Therrin
    Creeps: Makimut - Makinid[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    The pricing for the war-steed dyes is based on the fact that they are not consumable items. You are purchasing the ability to permanently unlock the color options for your steeds on a particular character. So you will be able to switch your colors as often as you like on that character.
    No... really. This makes total sense. The make-believe permanent dye that they are using to color our make-believe horses is much more expensive, therefore they have to charge us more for it! Turbine doesn't WANT to charge us extra, they just have to watch their overhead!

(I'm being ridiculous on purpose, what's Turbine's excuse?)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002462db/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Creeps - Cloakz, Gatogigante

/signed

no comment. I am enough mad at Turbine as it is.
    Ashannae(LM85 Taylor) Laureanna(Hunter85/Sch) Annaelen(Mins/78/cook) Moranae(Mins/76/WS)

15. It would be good to hear from a blue name to at least say they are considering our request.
    We've made our wishes known.
    So Turbine the ball is in your court now.
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

/signed....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000419745/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed, /signed, everywhere a /signed

At least split the dyes into individual colors. I want one, maybe two, and certainly not from the same pack.

You'd actually have a lot of people considering it with one at 90-110 or so. Maybe even considering more than one.

I, and many others that I know, would likely be more inclined to open their wallets for this.

Heed us, Turbine. We have money, we'd like you to have it, but think about what we're wanting to buy!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001aabb0/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[i]In pursuit of knowledge, for knowledge is power....[/i]

/signed

A shame. I had to deleted this feature from my mind, I won't use if is not account wide and for a reasonable price, like 295tp.

Obviously this is the store vengeance. Remember the bonus point and the Instance cluster complaint?. Touche customers!.

/Signed

Very underhanded Turbine and there is absolutely zero value in being a subscriber with mounted combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Iorothiel View Post
    /signed, /signed, everywhere a /signed

At least split the dyes into individual colors. I want one, maybe two, and certainly not from the same pack.

You'd actually have a lot of people considering it with one at 90-110 or so. Maybe even considering more than one.

I, and many others that I know, would likely be more inclined to open their wallets for this.

Heed us, Turbine. We have money, we'd like you to have it, but think about what we're wanting to buy!
    ... THIS!
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

/signed many times over

As others have said, at least break up the dye packs into individual colors...
    or make them account wide...
    or allow a tradeskill to make some colors (doesn't have to be all)...
    or, for those of us who own a class mount, give access to those dyes...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000103156/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000024dd3/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Author of [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info133"]DaimonUI[/URL] · Member of [URL="http://www.moxguild.com"]The Shadows[/URL]

/signed

You can add me to the list of people who will not be buying dye packs. If they were account-wide, and I could buy single, specific colours, I'd at least consider it (though things like getting the upgraded wallet unlocked are rather higher on my priorities at the moment than mere cosmetics, even as much as I love cosmetics). But at current prices, per character, and bundled? Forget it!

I'm also very happy that I've never wasted money on buying a class steed (some day there will be a steed of the Warden... some day!); the colour of their tack and their coat colour and pattern is a key part of their overall appearance. That those are not included in the cosmetic set for the so-called "matching" warmount is just so mean and miserly a decision that I am rather literally flabbergasted. People are paying, what, over $20 dollars of REAL MONEY for the points for a fancy horse, and then don't even get the right dye colours for it? Cheapskates!
    Somany Reasons ~ Teasle ~ Vvardyn ~ Snoww Pea ~ Kivrin ~ Vvarden
    Arimyn ~ Boxe ~ Feynriel ~ Iztariani ~ Leafwyn ~ Magpye ~ Miffy ~ Nowt ~ Orri ~ Sebris ~ Sofew
    Bilba ~ Dumple ~ Elalhael ~ Faragh ~ Hold ~ Icewine ~ Kyohei ~ Tisane ~ Tithenross

"If it's a warden, pretend it's Gandalf. Neither is gonna need your help."

Its ridiculous, not only are they parsing out colors 4 at a time, PER AREA, but its per character not acct wide. Add in separate costs for cosmetic pcs, flipping mane and tails options, they wont even allow hard earned meta deed skins to transfer and twenty bucks a bop for the ugly class mounts in order to just be able to create 'something' new and exciting, has made this wonderful game mechanism broken in my mind.

no way will I pay tens of dollars per mount in order to be able to use the feature. I'm surprised they didnt separate out eye colors, expressions, hoof colors and withers for tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Reximus View Post
    Going to agree that the cost is too high with so little control. Should be account wide and we should get to choose what 4 colors we get.
    /signed!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast