We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by radspakr View Post
    Bump.

So can we get a response to hear if you are at least discussing this issue with the business department?
    I'm guessing we wont likely hear anything more on this unless they have decided to make a change. I'm having trouble coming up with any precedence of Turbine saying 'we're looking at it' in situations like this.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

/signed. didn't read the whole thread, but i've said elsewhere that the TP cost is off for the ability to color one part of a horse for one character. kind of annoying to have spent the money as a VIP for this.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d89bc/01003/signature.png]Anansir[/charsig]

Have we actually heard anything from a dev about this pricing outrage yet, other than that pathetic reasoning given towards the beginning. By all the grey steeds I'm seeing, it's clear players arnt willing to pay the prices. Guess they just want to ignore the outrage and hope it goes away, the usual Turbine technique. Here's to hoping they see sense or have the courtesy to acknowledge us, but until then my store boycott continues.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001d814f/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldoc87 View Post
    Have we actually heard anything from a dev about this pricing outrage yet, other than that pathetic reasoning given towards the beginning. By all the grey steeds I'm seeing, it's clear players arnt willing to pay the prices. Guess they just want to ignore the outrage and hope it goes away, the usual Turbine technique. Here's to hoping they see sense or have the courtesy to acknowledge us, but until then my store boycott continues.
    As much as I would like to see one, I don't believe Turbine has reason to give a formal response to this petition. When a company determines a price for a product, you can either take it or leave it. Even if there is a loud and persistent protest against the type of bundling and pricing, they are under no obligation what-so-ever to give a formal response to that, and they're even much less likely to do so, if they are not going to change the prices or bundling anyway.
    Granted, a response would be nice. Granted, it would be good customer service. Granted, it would create customer loyalty and understanding. Still, there must be other, more valid and profitable reasons not to.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

The pricing won't ever change unless sales are dismal.

Personally, I don't want the colors to be account wide simply because I have one main and my next highest alt is still in Lothlorien. I'm not an alt-holic; at current prices, even account-wide would be a total waste for me. (Gear dyes especially--the bundles are random. At least the hide/hair dyes are in the same families or something.)

And it's not like Turbine has to lower prices. There are already two suggested, perfectly reasonable ways for Turbine to keep dyes at the same price yet satisfy most, if not all, players:

* Split up all bundles and price each color individually (595 divided by 4)
    or
    * Let players pick four for a 595 custom bundle.

I think the first suggestion would be easier to implement.

I already paid for a hide/hair color pack, but I'm waiting for a signficant sale before considering the random equipment color bundles. Come on, Turbine.

2. Having an appearance of grandeur that obfuscates by complexity and arbitrariness
    3. Disposable

I would go for a custom bundle as in the post above, but would love to see the colors split so that I could buy the ones I really want. Turbine, listen to us , we REALLY do want to support a game we love, so show US some love.

7. /bump
    Even though it's pretty much all been said we've got to keep this topic going.
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

I doubt they will lower pries and probably raise them.
    Sales have bben faairly strong and they need to come up with about 80 Million to pay off Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    I doubt they will lower pries and probably raise them.
    I suggest you look at the price of mount dyes right now. Unannounced and not advertised anywhere I can see as a current promotion, all mount dyes are currently 50% off in the store.

I'll leave others to speculate on the implications of the 50% discount and the reasons why this isn't being advertised. For my part I'll use this opportunity to stock up on mount dyes using the TP's I just bought using the current "double bounus points" offer! They won't get much cheaper than this
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000203884/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

./signed
    [IMG]http://denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw3529-anti_hate_shield_by_metalbeersolid-d4brl09.gif[/IMG] :)

Quote Originally Posted by Holmaar View Post
    I suggest you look at the price of mount dyes right now. Unannounced and not advertised anywhere I can see as a current promotion, all mount dyes are currently 50% off in the store.

I'll leave others to speculate on the implications of the 50% discount and the reasons why this isn't being advertised. For my part I'll use this opportunity to stock up on mount dyes using the TP's I just bought using the current "double bounus points" offer! They won't get much cheaper than this
    ORLY?

I have to log in now... >_>

Edit: Confirmed. Grab while you can...

1. Gilded (having a pleasing or showy appearance that conceals something of little worth)
    2. Having an appearance of grandeur that obfuscates by complexity and arbitrariness
    3. Disposable
    Last edited by Trilwych; Nov 21 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holmaar View Post

Apologies for the whiny tone...

I have two characters with war-steeds, atm. With this discount, I've bought Steed colour packs for both of them because the price, imo, is now reasonable, but still can't bring myself to buy the equipment dye packs. I'm tempted, for certain, but...
    *sigh*
    The logic they've used to lump together four random dyes just completely escapes me. I mean, why not have them as the Blue Dye Pack, and the Green, the Red, etc. if they need to be packs?

I've said it before, in one variation or another; sell the equipment dyes one by one, and I'd have no TPs saved up anymore, being able to buy the dyes I want. At 150 TPs per dye, it'd make a profit and be notably more accessible, imo.

Here's hoping that the unannounced 50% sale, is the first sign of a permanent price drop.
    Hopefully in the near future, individual color options rather than packs will be made available. Like Deaross mentioned, the forced bulk purchase of unrelated colors is still an obstacle.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

./SIGNED, the prices on the dye packs are just too high to buy them freely...would take a month of vip and deeding just to get four colors.

At the current 50% off sale, I'm even more tempted to at least buy some hide/tail/main dye packs... however I look at it and I just can't quite bring myself to do it. Currently having only two of my characters with a War-Steed and thinking about future purchases when I get other characters up past 75. There is just no way I can justify buying something so expensive that is only for the one character and mainly for fluff. It's the same for me with the Premium mounts. The best deal I've gotten was the Steam Starter pack, even though I'd been playing for at least 2 years when that became available. Sure, the included quest packs I didn't have yet were perfect, but the best thing I got out of that was the Steam horse, with 250HP and 68% speed. Across my account.

I would love to buy the dye packs at this price they are on sale at, but 1) I just don't have the TP to spend. (Been getting storage and quest packs this last month) 2) don't currently have extra money to spend on the Double Bonus points happening right now. 3) Still would rather have some kind of discount after purchasing the first one, or for purchasing the same one for another character.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000002467e4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This sale was a nice Thanksgiving present.

Got to admit, the black dye made a huge difference. I no longer feel like another generic beige warsteed rider.

Thanks Turbine!

The fact that the 50% sale of dyes was not advertised makes me very suspicious. It is more than the standard 20% or 30% sales which we see in the store.

I remember a similar sale of the Lone Lands quest pack just before it became free. And I remember a similar sale of the stat tomes, just before the price was permanently cut by 50%.

I have a feeling that the same thing will happen now and the base price for dies will soon be reduced With that hope, I will wait a bit before purchasing more dies (have two colour packs on two toons already)
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

I too am wondering if they're using this as test to see if lower prices will make people buy more.

I caved and did buy one hide pack so I can finally have my darn white horse on my main. I'd like to buy more tack colours, but I'm still not happy about the bundles and the colours not be account bound.. so I'll have to think on buying one more colour pack as I'd love to have the sea blue colour. I still think they'd sell even more if they'd separate the colours to individual ones.

Btw.. how do we dye the tail/mane? :P I'm feeling very nubby as I can't seem to figure it out. ^^ edit: nvm finally figured it out.. apparently I didn't have the simple tail slotted which I needed to do to have the colour choices show up.
    Last edited by Lothirieth; Nov 23 2012 at 12:52 PM.
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

Black?

I purchased the black colors pack today and am extremely unsatisfied with the color black - seems like a darker gray.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000272e4f/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs down

/signed

At the current (discounted) price they still should be account-wide not per character.

The War Steed dyes and cosmetics pricing is beyond ridiculous, it is saddly avaricious. I have been a subscriber and supporter of LOTRO and Turbine since shortly after launch and this naked greed saddens and turns me off from the game more than anything in the entire history of the game.

Middle earth, even this 1:20 scale model, is huge. You spend much of the game on your mount(s). Every one of my twelve characters has a different mount, most of them rep mounts. I specifically chose the rep mounts that fit that character's look for each of them. Now I get to Rohan and I'm nearing the point where my main will finally get his War Steed. I see the sale on the related cosmetics. I get excited and log in to buy the ones I like for my various characters. Then I see that this price is per character. No. Bloody. Way. Bugger that if I'm going to pay even a tenth of that price for these cosmetics.

So here we are at the games current end, in Rohan, and steed customization is only for the rich and foolish.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000007f615/01008/signature.png]Alfrodul[/charsig]
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Alfrodul Taurfaron[/COLOR][/B], [I][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Elf Hunter of Mirkwood[/COLOR][/I], [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Thengil Cylcelairlang[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Elf Champion[/I][/COLOR] - [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Vetyrlithi Neithithron[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Elf Loremaster[/I][/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Rilien Veryangóle[/B][/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Elf Rune-keeper[/I][/COLOR], [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]Tûrsidhion Bellthandien[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Elf Warden[/I][/COLOR], [B][COLOR=DarkRed]Ingolf[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Guardian of Rohan[/I][/COLOR] - [B][COLOR=DarkRed]Kveldulfr[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR=DarkSlateGray][I]Burglar of Rohan[/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Sell them 1 at a time instead of as a dye pack of 4

If you want to make us pay so much for colors, at least split up the colors so I'm not paying for 3/4 colors that I don't want. I want to be able to purchase an individual color so I'm not wasting all my TP on colors I don't care for just to get the 1 color I do like. So intead of paying over 500 tp for 4 colors, make it 125ish tp for 1 color.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001ae755/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    The fact that the 50% sale of dyes was not advertised makes me very suspicious. It is more than the standard 20% or 30% sales which we see in the store.
    Well that didn't last long. Logged in today to get my 50% discounted dye only to find they have already reduced the discount to 20%. Just about given up on turbine, they have had plenty of time to address the comments in this thread but they just don't see it as a problem.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022400000012a8a1/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Natheno View Post
    Well that didn't last long. Logged in today to get my 50% discounted dye only to find they have already reduced the discount to 20%. Just about given up on turbine, they have had plenty of time to address the comments in this thread but they just don't see it as a problem.
    The -50% sale was an unannounced stealth sale valid only for the Black Friday weekend. Maybe Turbine did this to temporarily accommodate the protesters in this thread. I for one did take huge advantage of the -50% and finally got what I wanted.
    It's kind of strange though that it ties in directly with another week of color packs sale for -20%. Soon, the packs will be back to the regular pricing level and will stay that way. I am not under the illusion that the color packs will be split up or repriced any time soon (in all meanings of that word).
    COSMETIC LOTRO

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    The -50% sale was an unannounced stealth sale valid only for the Black Friday weekend.
    Most stores tend to announce their Black Friday sales...I didn't even see that sale or I'd have purchased because at 50% off, the cost is barely acceptable.

I've already stated quite clearly that as long as warsteed dye is the cost it is - I will NOT purchase ANY. And based on the number of protesters in this thread, I'm not alone.

Also extremely disappointed that NO colors were made into recipes for scholars.
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by LiELF View Post
    It's kind of like at the end of Willy Wonka (the original movie,) when, after being promised a lifetime supply of chocolate, poor Charlie, who has scrounged and struggled just to experience this fantastic (yet frequently disturbing) adventure, is unexpectedly denied his prize because of some unreadable fineprint in the contract.
    I gotta say, you summed up my feelings perfectly.

Let me start out by saying that I agree that cosmetics and fluff are what we should be seeing in the LOTRO Store. However, the price for the war steed colors, especially considering that it is PER CHARACTER and not account wide, is ridiculous.

I have to say that it was really disheartening to finally get my war steed only to find out that I have literally zero customization options in terms of mount color without spending TP in the store, especially since the promise of being able to customize your steed was a huge advertising point of the expansion.

I would understand gating some customization colors behind TP, but all of them? I would also understand them being in the store (and I guess the pricing would be more tolerable) if there were some way to craft or unlock them via gameplay. However, there is not. Either there should be ways to obtain these without TP, the color packs should be account wide, or the price should be lowered to a more reasonable amount.

I bought RoR a month and a half after release with accumulated TP, and it is frustrating to see basically no customization options included with that purchase. I cannot even imagine how frustrated I would feel had I paid $70 for the Legendary Edition. As it stands, I will not purchase any color packs. Plus, this makes me feel better about waiting a while and getting the expansion "free" with monthly TP accumulations. It is not like this is a game ruiner for me, it is just the principle that really bothers me. NO colors without TP.

They could not even give us one or two free color options? I am glad I am not the only person who feels upset about this.

...Y'know, looking at the forum background, most of those horses are grey as well. I guess even the promotional characters couldn't stomach shelling out the TP.
    Beregost, Rebecker, and Paam - Actively saving Middle Earth since 2008!
    A Blog for LOTRO Laughs - http://lotrolulz.tumblr.com/

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast