We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    Right here for One... You know the guy who claimed he would never cave in
    That it was destroying his warsteeds site and his cosmetic blog

If people want something bad enough WANT always wins over price.
    Something Turbine clearly understands very well and hence why fluff is priced as it is.
    595TP for a hide is quite reasonable imo. I would buy one but I refuse to without a colour. We're talking about dyes here, not hides Nick.
    [CENTER][B]Amasha -[/B] [COLOR=#008080]Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR] [B]- Evernight
    Lykena - [/B][COLOR=#b22222]Stalkers[/COLOR][B] - Evernight[/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by cdpengys View Post
    CSTM has a poll about the dye pack pricing. I hope the appropriate people at Turbine see this and realize that there are many people out there who would willingly spend money on these steed color packs if the prices were lowered.

The poll should be running until the end of the week, but with over 800 votes so far, it seems that quite a few people feel that the current prices are too high.

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to vote in this poll as well. It may not change anything, but I think it's a good idea for people to show how they feel about this, even if they feel the prices are okay as they are.
    This kind of proves what I mentioned several pages ago... 25% of that sample has or admittedly may buy them as priced. (and that is a small sample). But even with the volunteered group of 200 users... that is $7.50 x 200 = $1,500.00 off a digital dye color. If we go with the sample size...

8,000 Lotro players (2,000 dye buyers) would = $15,000.00

80,000 Lotro players (20,000 dye buyers) would = $150,000.00 (does anyone think we have less than 80,000 players world wide? And this is just the amount of money made from the 25% of the sample size).

And I'm willing to bet that the majority of people that LOVE the dyes as is won't find that poll.

People are voting... but their wallets cast the final ballot... as I said earlier in the thread... if enough people are buying this, there is no reason they should change it. Initial high prices are a fault of the company. Extended high prices are typically the fault of the consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    This kind of proves what I mentioned several pages ago... 25% of that sample has or admittedly may buy them as priced. (and that is a small sample). But even with the volunteered group of 200 users... that is $7.50 x 200 = $1,500.00 off a digital dye color. If we go with the sample size...
    If I were Turbine, I would find a way to multiply that amount by 6000.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    If I were Turbine, I would find a way to multiply that amount by 6000.
    A lot of numbers go into that... if they cut the cost in half and double the number of people that purchase the item... there was no profit increase, but they had to spend time adjusting the price.

But look at the numbers you didn't quote. If the 25% from that poll stay true and we have 80,000 LOTRO players world wide, how do you think it sounds for a VP to approach WB and say, "we made $150,000" with a digital dye that, once put into the game, has no recurring expenses to us... but fans want it cheaper... what should we do?"

I would imagine someone gets a bonus and the price stays the same (save a temp sale at some point).

If I were Turbine... I'd hire devs to fix bugs and work on games systems... but I think the same issue arises... someone approaches WB and shows that numbers aren't dropping but fans want the game bugs fixed, so should we spend money to fix the game when we aren't losing money as a result? I'm a frustrated customer and even I have a hard time understanding why they would bother when the money keeps coming in anyway. I do my part to vote with my wallet... but I've had my lapses as other have to (and is evident in that poll and visible in game with people riding around on dyed ponies).

I'm just saying... its no different than our in game AH... if people are willing to pay 300 gold for a symbol, the price won't drop. Once people stop buying, the price comes down. Apparently, the information we are getting is that at least some people are paying... only Turbine knows how many.

I'm just saying... its no different than our in game AH... if people are willing to pay 300 gold for a symbol, the price won't drop. Once people stop buying, the price comes down. Apparently, the information we are getting is that at least some people are paying... only Turbine knows how many.
    This has been the business model that Turbine has successfully adopted from day one. The game itself was a premium commodity available only to those willing to pay proportionately. Just at the point where the usual subscription MMO would start to go into a long slow dwindle, Turbine leveraged the allure of getting a deal on a premium product and went F2P.

I'm annoyed myself riding around on a generic mount but I can't say that Turbine doesn't have a handle on the marketing concept. The poll just backs that up. That's a sizable chunk buying one or two items at to dollar.

I would imagine someone gets a bonus and the price stays the same (save a temp sale at some point).
    Those temporary sales are what's likely to save the current arrangement. There's a lot of complaining now because these color packs are brand new and haven't gone on sale yet. Yet a lot of players regularly wait for sales before buying any sort of fluff items or luxury features. So Turbine will only sell a few of these color packs at their current price, but will then sell a lot more every time they go on sale. That's likely the pattern they'd expect for a luxury feature anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    Not a reach at all it is fact to use the dye cosmetics as is you must buy the slots the storage
    and the wardrobe slots.
    The only reach is evidently your grasp of understanding that it has all been monitized in some
    fasion or another since day one.

It is now monitized ala cart so people can pick and chose what is most important to them.
    If mount cosmetics are important to you you get to pay for it.
    just like Shared storage for all my craft alts is important to me and I pay for that.
    Same price by the way.

The differance is I know a hook when I see one and understand the purpose of it
    and make my spending decisions in an informed manner.

I can not define fair or fun for you only you can do that
    if it is no longer fun or fair to you well you do have options.
    I literally cannot understand you when I read your responses.

First off, your beloved shared storage is account wide. The war steed dyes are NOT account wide, and that's part of the issue. Maybe if you put more thought into your argument, this would have occurred to you.

For those interested:

With the 30% off code available this weekend... dyes can be cheaper if you wish. (you need to spend 3,000 TP to get the 30% off sale)

One way of looking at it... if you were willing to buy a steed for 1995 TP (the dye would essentially be free).

A new steed and 2 dye packs would cost 3,185 TP (enough for the 30% discount). (7 months of VIP bonus points)
    After the discount these 3 items would be 2,230. (5 months of VIP bonus points)

For those interested:

With the 30% off code available this weekend... dyes can be cheaper if you wish. (you need to spend 3,000 TP to get the 30% off sale)

One way of looking at it... if you were willing to buy a steed for 1995 TP (the dye would essentially be free).

A new steed and 2 dye packs would cost 3,185 TP (enough for the 30% discount). (7 months of VIP bonus points)
    After the discount these 3 items would be 2,230. (5 months of VIP bonus points)
    I have to admit I'm kind of tempted. If I buy the three colour packs and three hides I want, I'll save about 1,000 TP. :/ Will waste most of my saved TP but better than spending full price. I'm fighting the temptation though. :P Still too expensive for one character.
    [CENTER][B]Amasha -[/B] [COLOR=#008080]Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR] [B]- Evernight
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lykena View Post
    I have to admit I'm kind of tempted. If I buy the three colour packs and three hides I want, I'll save about 1,000 TP. :/ Will waste most of my saved TP but better than spending full price. I'm fighting the temptation though. :P Still too expensive for one character.
    This is probably what Turbine is looking for, though they'd want one to fall to the temptation. Then, when the sale is over and players start seeing colored warsteeds in the game, they'll be more apt to overcome their horror of the pricing and get the colors they want-- kind of like "keeping up with the Joneses" syndrome.
    [COLOR="#6666ff"][FONT=Century Gothic]To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Lykena View Post
    I'm fighting the temptation though. :P Still too expensive for one character.
    Agreed... I typed up this very long thread about TP and what it actually costs in time/effort/money to start a discussion on MMO's and the economy... and finally scrapped it realizing it wouldn't last long

I'm sure I'll buy 3k worth of something, but need to check storage, etc. as that is top priority for my TP. Frustratingly, I can't buy more than one toon's vault space... or more than one tier of vault space in a single order... so I may be limited enough that I splurge on a mount/color.

They are going to have to do better than that for me to buy colors.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

The 30% discount gives me the price I was looking for. 5 color packs now cost 2100 TP, which more or less equals the price of a class steed. This equals 104 TP per color which is the price people have been asking for in this thread. Granted, you have to purchase them in bulk, and cannot handpick your packages. So people who are only looking to buy a few colors will find no use for this discount offer unfortunately.
    For people like me who use cosmetics and dyes in bulk, this price range is quite acceptable. Given that most of my TP was purchased with double bonus points and some comes from my lifetime subscription, I now pay around 14 dollar per character for 5 color packs (=20 colors). This price sounds just fine to me. My characters will have their colored steeds.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    The 30% discount gives me the price I was looking for. 5 color packs now cost 2100 TP, which more or less equals the price of a class steed. This equals 104 TP per color which is the price people have been asking for in this thread. Granted, you have to purchase them in bulk, and cannot handpick your packages. So people who are only looking to buy a few colors will find no use for this discount offer unfortunately.
    For people like me who use cosmetics and dyes in bulk, this price range is quite acceptable. Given that most of my TP was purchased with double bonus points and some comes from my lifetime subscription, I now pay around 14 dollar per character for 5 color packs (=20 colors). This price sounds just fine to me. My characters will have their colored steeds.
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with the colors!

Seeing how I only want copper and black... I still have to buy 2 packs that come with 6 colors total I have no need or want for. The discount isn't deep enough, or my desire to give in high enough.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Agreed... I typed up this very long thread about TP and what it actually costs in time/effort/money to start a discussion on MMO's and the economy... and finally scrapped it realizing it wouldn't last long

I'm sure I'll buy 3k worth of something, but need to check storage, etc. as that is top priority for my TP. Frustratingly, I can't buy more than one toon's vault space... or more than one tier of vault space in a single order... so I may be limited enough that I splurge on a mount/color.
    Thing is I barely spend points on store. If I do it's something for my legendary weapons (like a point refund) - which is kind of rare anyway. I've bought share storage and the wallet a long time ago... might fork out a bit for my storage but can't think of anything else I need. I always used my points for "fluff". :P And the only reason I check the store lately is to check the war-steed section. >_<
    [/CENTER]

/signed

I was thinking maybe I was just a cheapskate, but I'm glad to see many others were as outraged as I at the price of the warsteed colours.

I think 595 TP is beyond disgusting when it's per CHARACTER and for just FOUR colours!

If you want me to pay that kind of price you'd better make it account wide and for the whole palette of colours.
    "Happiness is not a destination, it is a journey." - Dalai Lama

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000017a834/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Unhappy WOW

I was first so suprised about rohan and war-steeds so i wanted to level as fast as i could from 64 to 85. But when i saw this post i was so disappointed that i've lost my motivation. I don't have anything to level for now. Turbine, do something!
    And why is it that the expansion cost 4295 so atleast give us two of the packs with that.
    And i wish for rep steed appearances to be available for war-steeds too. Give us a reason for buying them!
    Last edited by sahanto; Nov 10 2012 at 09:43 AM.

Definately /SIGNED

I loved the Code Masters LOTRO, not Turbine LOTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by sahanto View Post
    And i wish for rep steed appearances to be available for war-steeds too. Give us a reason for buying them!
    Good idea! The way I see it, all previous mount appearances should be applicable to war-steeds, or at least a few of the appearances. Once you level to get the war-steed, there's almost no reason to use any of your other mounts (unless you're using a goat, or you're in an area where war-steeds are not available, such as Thorin's Hall). That being said, why not make the other mount appearance attainable for your war-steed? Its a stretch, but worth the time to discuss.

Also, I was thinking: the color packs are 4 colors each, and there's 5 packs, right? That's 2,975 TP. If they split up the colors and made them each a separate purchase for 150 TP/each, that's 3,000 TP, and thus they'd make more sales. Because then people could get what they wanted and still make the choice if they wanted more. So this works for both the consumer and the marketer: you're cutting the price for individual colors by nixing the bulk - and therefore higher price - but also increasing the amount of overall TP you would spend for all the color packs, as is, by 25 TP. Doesn't seem like much, but it goes a long way.

This would offer the chance for players to build up in-game TP - without purchasing point cards etc - and be able to purchase a few of the colors. However, building up 3,000 TP in-game is far-fetched for most and they would end up spending money to purchase point cards anyway. There are two groups of consumers: those who will make the most of the free aspects of the game, and those who want things when they want them. The way the dye/color packs are priced right now, Turbine isn't really appealing to both groups, just the one. They need to offer an incentive for people who make the most out of the free aspects, which they aren't doing. And maybe I'm right on the money, maybe they don't want to appeal to those consumers because they aren't adding to Turbine's wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    They are going to have to do better than that for me to buy colors.
    Applied to me, too. For me to buy War-steed dyes, whether for gear or body... I don't want to buy 'useless' dyes. Not to even mention that at the moment, at best, I'd have only gotten the 10% discount...
    [center]Jestem tym, czym jestem.[/center]

80,000 Lotro players (20,000 dye buyers) would = $150,000.00 (does anyone think we have less than 80,000 players world wide? And this is just the amount of money made from the 25% of the sample size).

And I'm willing to bet that the majority of people that LOVE the dyes as is won't find that poll.

People are voting... but their wallets cast the final ballot... as I said earlier in the thread... if enough people are buying this, there is no reason they should change it. Initial high prices are a fault of the company. Extended high prices are typically the fault of the consumers.
    Exactly correct. What that poll tells me is that we will see some good horse dye sales sometime next year a few months before the next expansion. If we are lucky pehaps a good one day sale around Christmas this year. I would not expect more than that.

As long as marketing meets or nealy meets its sales projections, the regular price will not change.

The good news is you can spend 3k+ TP on every char so you can get even more discounts!
    I hunt. I kill.

Warden by destiny, Hunter in the heart.

/signed

I would likely spend considerably more TP overall if the the cost per piece was low. As it is I purchased 1 dye pack and 1 skin and am left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by jedduh View Post
    /signed

As it is I purchased 1 dye pack and 1 skin and am left with a bad taste in my mouth.
    Well no wonder the Dye is not edible and what does a horse skin taste like /sarcasim off

But seriously good to see the sale and some understanding of the F2P momitization model
    starting to bring a little common sense to the thread.

25. Bump.

So can we get a response to hear if you are at least discussing this issue with the business department?
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast