We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 602
  1. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Bragor_Sul View Post
    I don't think Mr Paiz is advocating price gouging here. He's talking about 'free to play' and the presence of items of advantage in the store. This is the bone of contention he refers to @3:30 when he's saying everyone was up in arms and threatening to leave the game (not LOTRO) "but they didn't because they enjoy the game experience."

    His final line in the vid is:
    "Our job as game designers is to make games that work well, that are fun and that are appropriately monetizing some of this stuff while still leaving room for player accomplishment, skill and rewards."

    That said, a good vid and I totally agree with you.
    The dye prices are too high and need to be account wide.
    There will be no giving in.
    Thank you for putting that into the right context. I agree that overall Turbine is doing exactly as described and monetizing appropriately. Why they went off the deep end on the color prices may be due to a different view on what the warsteed appearance system should be and a misinterpretation of what the customers desire to do with it. At the current prices the players view the color packages system as crippling, which cannot have been their original intent. All the other warsteed customization items (luxury items) seem to be appropriately priced, it's only the color packages (base items) that missed the target.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

    a blog about Middle-earth outfits

  2. #427
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    I'm happy with my optional cosmetic appearance horse that in no way at all affects the gameplay and cost me a meager £10 to obtain.

    I'm happy that Turbine knows the best way to make the most money from the game and will adjust marketing strategies and prices appropriately when maximising revenue that enables this game to continue to exist.

    I'm also happy that people feel they understand the MMO business and marketing well enough to offer constructive criticism and suggestions to Turbine in order to influence their decisions.

  3. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by RossMcColl2 View Post
    I'm happy with my optional cosmetic appearance horse that in no way at all affects the gameplay and cost me a meager £10 to obtain.

    I'm happy that Turbine knows the best way to make the most money from the game and will adjust marketing strategies and prices appropriately when maximising revenue that enables this game to continue to exist.

    I'm also happy that people feel they understand the MMO business and marketing well enough to offer constructive criticism and suggestions to Turbine in order to influence their decisions.
    The current prices cater exactly to players like you, a player who is content with one or two color packs to create only one type of steed on only one character.
    There are other kinds of players too, with lots of alts, or with desires for more flexibility and multiple or more frequent customizations.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

    a blog about Middle-earth outfits

  4. #429
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    The current prices cater exactly to players like you, a player who is content with one or two color packs to create only one type of steed on only one character.
    There are other kinds of players too, with lots of alts, or with desires for more flexibility and multiple or more frequent customizations.
    I'm fully aware that some people want more options for less cost. And that some are happy with the options to cost ratio.

    It's down to Turbine to manage that to maximise revenue, and down to customers to provide constructive feedback to help inform their decision making

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,888
    http://casualstrolltomordor.com/2012...sed-war-steed/

    You've probably all seen this by now if you care about the issue, and its probably been linked above, but this post shows that we in the forums are not alone in our disgust at these costs, and we should continue to argue for a different pricing structure. I have a feeling that somewhere in WB HQ, a Turbine representative is desperately trying to show his boss the huge amount of support for the petition of this forum, and that his boss is refusing to giveway because he cannot see the money making potential of lowering the prices.

    We all can see that, and so we must continue to press our case!
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  6. #431
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    I have a feeling that somewhere in WB HQ, a Turbine representative is desperately trying to show his boss the huge amount of support for the petition of this forum, and that his boss is refusing to giveway because he cannot see the money making potential of lowering the prices.
    Or someone at HQ is saying "100 people on the forums are moaning about the dye prices, but we've sold 10,000 so far and are continuing to sell 10 a day at the current cost, what shall we do?"

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by RossMcColl2 View Post
    Or someone at HQ is saying "100 people on the forums are moaning about the dye prices, but we've sold 10,000 so far and are continuing to sell 10 a day at the current cost, what shall we do?"
    If you have some evidence to back this up, I'd love to see it, but in these forums there have been very few posts saying that they are buying at these prices (and certainly are not buying bulk as they would if prices are reduced), and any time that this issue is brought up on the global channel or Rohan OOC on my server Evernight, I hear no one defending the prices, and all who comment pledge not to buy the dye packs. Some people have bought them, but far more would buy if the prices were changed - we know that Turbine aren't foolish enough to reduce their prices simply because we ask them to, but if the prices ARE reduced, then we will buy in bulk.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    If you have some evidence to back this up, I'd love to see it, but in these forums there have been very few posts saying that they are buying at these prices (and certainly are not buying bulk as they would if prices are reduced), and any time that this issue is brought up on the global channel or Rohan OOC on my server Evernight, I hear no one defending the prices, and all who comment pledge not to buy the dye packs. Some people have bought them, but far more would buy if the prices were changed - we know that Turbine aren't foolish enough to reduce their prices simply because we ask them to, but if the prices ARE reduced, then we will buy in bulk.
    People who are buying them, aren't going to be as vocal as those who aren't. Just like those who are enjoying aspects of the game aren't as vocal as those who don't enjoy those aspects.

    We have no evidence either way, but Turbine will know exactly how many they've sold and what the continuing rate of sale is, as well as historic trends of cosmetic purchasing take-up rates vs store prices on similar items.

    All in all, they are far better positioned to know how to make the most money from the war-steed cosmetics than anyone on the forums. Although several people seem to think they know better

  9. #434
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by RossMcColl2 View Post

    All in all, they are far better positioned to know how to make the most money from the war-steed cosmetics than anyone on the forums. Although several people seem to think they know better
    I find this very patronising - all along I have said that Turbine will have the figures regarding the sales of the war steed cosmetics, and have not claimed to know how they, as a total, can make more money.

    However what I do say is that the posters on this forum would pay substantially more money each to Turbine if the prices changed, and because there has been no further communication on this issue from any Turbine representative (I'm sure we can all agree now that the Quartermaster post is outdated as it does not reply to the issues of the last ten pages) then I am assuming this is still a matter in consideration.

    If Turbine responds as says 'people are buying, the prices are staying', then we'll have to live with that. But this has not happened.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  10. #435
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,888

    Descending into farce...

    Your reputation on this post is Negative.

    Disruptive Trolling You keep asking for evidence yet provide non of your own..You few vocal Lower the price I am cheap are not the norm stop acting like you are.


    ^ This is an interesting method of disagreement to my point of view, and a highly mature one I must say... While I cannot tell who added the negative rep, I am confused as to why they think any of my views are 'disruptive trolling' as they so eloquently put... So far the evidence that we have provided, in terms of the posters on this forum outweighs the posters we have seen who disagree with it.
    Last edited by Tirian-Hammerfist; Nov 03 2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Adding some italics
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  11. #436
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post

    However what I do say is that the posters on this forum would pay substantially more money each to Turbine if the prices changed,
    That is where you make the clear disconect. Posters in this forum would Buy more Dye packs that does not equal more overall net Profit for turbine. It may actually reduce since then the ones the possible thousands already buying also PAY less that equals less profit not more. What about those already sold do they refund the differance Thats more Profit lost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    because there has been no further communication on this issue from any Turbine representative (I'm sure we can all agree now that the Quartermaster post is outdated as it does not reply to the issues of the last ten pages) then I am assuming this is still a matter in consideration.
    No we all do not agree it is outdated. The answer was they are priced the way they are as they are permenant use changes that you can change at will not a one use consumable. The why the dye works has not changed the reason for the price has not changed. The fact the answer does not fit with what you want does not make the answer less valid less correct.
    You know what they say about what happens when people assume.

  12. #437
    @Tirian-Hammerfist

    You should consider reporting the -rep to a forum moderator. It seems unjustified based on what I can see and should get reversed if you report it (I can't see the trolling in your posts and doubt if a forum moderator would be able to either). I'm not sure if it has any effect on the one actually dealing out -rep but it would always be a good thing to get him/her banned or at least blocked from using the feature if he/she can't use it appropriately. But that would be up to the moderators to determine. But by all means, report any unfair -rep. Anonymous -rep has no place in a civilized discussion


    On another note. For the ones asking what to give those who already bought the colors if the prices were lowered. Many items in lotro store has had price changes and refunds were never given before, so why should that change? Of course making all colors accountwide as has been previously suggested would solve this as ppl who had already bought the colors could also benefit from that.
    I'm among the ppl who bought the Steed of Bright days and Steed of Minas Ithil while they were still 1995 tp. Now they're down to 1200? tp. That doesn't mean I should get a refund. It just means I should be happy for the ones who now have a better chance of getting the 2 steeds.

    Does it change anything for ppl who already bought colors if they were priced in a way that allowed more ppl to enjoy this system? If it does, then I'd have to question why you got the colors in the first place. I think a basic cosmetic options such as colors should be within reach for all ppl to get in lotro, not just the select few. There are class steeds, special armor sets, accessories ... that could be pricey (and in the case of class steeds, are). Colors should be cheaper. It's a sad sight to ride through Rohan and see every single horse looking the exact same boring grey.
    Duskdancer, warg: If found please return to Gwairin, lvl 85 hunter in Evernight

  13. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by Abiyah View Post
    If you watch this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=677OoDGU0ig Fernando Paiz pretty much says that no matter what goes into the store, the players will get past the complaints and still stay with the game because they love it so much.
    Mr Paiz needs to know that yes, I will stay with the game. This is a far cry from "Yes, I will pay 'micro'transaction prices like this."
    The navigation throughout the LotRO site is horrible. You can quote me on that.
    [color=green]You say "[i]Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn[/i]" like it's a bad thing...[/color]

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsinger View Post
    I think a basic cosmetic options such as colors should be within reach for all ppl to get in lotro, not just the select few. There are class steeds, special armor sets, accessories ... that could be pricey (and in the case of class steeds, are). Colors should be cheaper. It's a sad sight to ride through Rohan and see every single horse looking the exact same boring grey.
    Couldn't have said it better. Colors - both hide and tack dye options - are so basic that its unfathomable how they should cost anything in the first place. Am I alone on this?

    I could understand seeing the hide color options cost TP, but the tack colors? Scholars can make the same dyes - why shouldn't they be applicable to war steed tack?

    I don't know, I'm frustrated and losing faith in this petition. The customizable war steed was something I was really looking forward to. Its such a shame that it turned out this way. Because now I'm running around with the same ugly grey horse as everyone else.

  15. #440
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooule View Post
    I don't know, I'm frustrated and losing faith in this petition. The customizable war steed was something I was really looking forward to. Its such a shame that it turned out this way. Because now I'm running around with the same ugly grey horse as everyone else.
    Given that you have a huge range of choices for free accessory looks and colours for your war-steed, your war-steed won't look the same as everyone elses. In fact, so far to date I haven't seen two different player war-steeds at 85 look the same as each other. And if the actual colour of the horse itself bothers you that much, then you can change it for a whopping £5.

  16. #441
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by RossMcColl2 View Post
    Given that you have a huge range of choices for free accessory looks and colours for your war-steed, your war-steed won't look the same as everyone elses. In fact, so far to date I haven't seen two different player war-steeds at 85 look the same as each other. And if the actual colour of the horse itself bothers you that much, then you can change it for a whopping £5.
    This is the same as what you have stated in the last few posts - we've understood that you don't care about the steed colours or cosmetics. However some of us do, and that's what this is about.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  17. #442
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    S Korea
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by RossMcColl2 View Post
    And if the actual colour of the horse itself bothers you that much, then you can change it for a whopping £5.
    Per character.

    Which is the point of this thread.

  18. #443
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    Per character.

    Which is the point of this thread.
    Yes it is the Point is it is not that expensive or out of Place for FLUFF.
    Actually you get 4 colors so it is much cheaper then even that.

  19. #444
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    37
    Its up to what people perceive as important. Everyone who isn't complaining about the prices is probably placated with 4 color choices and they wouldn't need all of them. But for the people who were LOOKING FORWARD to the customization, this isn't something that can be worked around. Point is, it simply isn't fair. Especially to lifers. There should be an in-game way to get the colors as well. The character dyes aren't only available in the store, so why should the steed colors?

  20. #445
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooule View Post
    Its up to what people perceive as important. Everyone who isn't complaining about the prices is probably placated with 4 color choices and they wouldn't need all of them. But for the people who were LOOKING FORWARD to the customization, this isn't something that can be worked around. Point is, it simply isn't fair. Especially to lifers. There should be an in-game way to get the colors as well. The character dyes aren't only available in the store, so why should the steed colors?
    Umm what exactly does being a lifer have to do with it.
    Lifers are no more entiteled to anything then anyone else other then waht they already have
    free lifetime access to content in the non expansion areas and access to Moors.
    Where does this entitelment come from.
    Lifers are a drain on recources spend Less money then anyone else and are a big reason F2P
    was needed to monitize the Game to remain profitable.
    Plus you get 6000 free TP a year thats Plenty to buy all the Dye Packs you want.

  21. #446
    I have played almost every day in Rohan since it launched, and I have yet to see a war steed in any other color than grey. This is of course anecdotal evidence. Perhaps players on other servers see them a lot?

    My 6000TP a year (from a one year VIP, not lifetime, if it matters) does not actually cover unlocking the dye packs I want. At 595 x number of packs x number of toons, 6000 TP does not go very far. And even then it would not leave anything for other stuff, like saddlebags.

    The Legendary edition, VIP for a year, and all character cosmetic slots and all Wardrobe slots unlocked, so I am a big spender on LotRO. I have bought TP on top of my VIP allowance in the past, and might do it the future as well. I short, I'd like to think that I am part of the target group for the Store cosmetic stuff.

    I have not bought anything at all.

    I did a short experiment, and imagined a "90% off sale" on dyes and tack parts/sets. Just my basic shopping list added up to 3000 TP, including extra steed cosmetic slots at non-sale price. But at current prices? Do I unlock a few colors on my Steeds or use the same money to buy XCOM and GW2?

    My only guess for the current pricing is that someone at Turbine did not like the system. By charging prices almost no one will pay, they can point to the disaster and say "I told you so!".
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000011ef5e/01006/signature.png]Kerowen[/charsig]
    [URL="http://[URL=%22http://my.lotro.com/hassan_the_assassin/2010/07/17/review-lotro-in-nvidia-3d/%22"][/URL][URL="http://my.lotro.com/hassan_the_assassin/2010/07/17/review-lotro-in-nvidia-3d/"]REVIEW: LOTRO in 3D[/URL]

  22. #447
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassan_the_Assassin View Post

    My only guess for the current pricing is that someone at Turbine did not like the system. By charging prices almost no one will pay, they can point to the disaster and say "I told you so!".
    Oh yeah that has to be iut
    One person at turbine has the power to sabatoge the game.
    not like they have design commities and maeketing experts that all have meetings
    and decide what goes into the game and the price points.

    Yeah the Devs the Marketing people all do thier own thing and we end up with something
    as clear in direction as RoR Must have been fate.

    Fluff is not needed and Yes I know many who have bought all Dye packs available and used
    a mix of in game and purchased TP Some Lifers, Some Yearly VIP, Some Short term VIP and
    some Premium.

    Simply Put you must prioritize what is important to you. if you can not afford all then
    you buy what is most important first but the price point is appropriate for Fluff luxury Items.

  23. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    Oh yeah that has to be iut
    One person at turbine has the power to sabatoge the game.
    not like they have design commities and maeketing experts that all have meetings
    and decide what goes into the game and the price points.

    Yeah the Devs the Marketing people all do thier own thing and we end up with something
    as clear in direction as RoR Must have been fate.

    Fluff is not needed and Yes I know many who have bought all Dye packs available and used
    a mix of in game and purchased TP Some Lifers, Some Yearly VIP, Some Short term VIP and
    some Premium.

    Simply Put you must prioritize what is important to you. if you can not afford all then
    you buy what is most important first but the price point is appropriate for Fluff luxury Items.
    I am following your advice. I am prioritizing. At 595 TP a pack, I will prioritize buying entertainment from other companies. Causal observation tells me, so is most other players.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000011ef5e/01006/signature.png]Kerowen[/charsig]
    [URL="http://[URL=%22http://my.lotro.com/hassan_the_assassin/2010/07/17/review-lotro-in-nvidia-3d/%22"][/URL][URL="http://my.lotro.com/hassan_the_assassin/2010/07/17/review-lotro-in-nvidia-3d/"]REVIEW: LOTRO in 3D[/URL]

  24. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    Oh yeah that has to be iut
    One person at turbine has the power to sabatoge the game.
    not like they have design commities and maeketing experts that all have meetings
    and decide what goes into the game and the price points.

    Yeah the Devs the Marketing people all do thier own thing and we end up with something
    as clear in direction as RoR Must have been fate.

    Fluff is not needed and Yes I know many who have bought all Dye packs available and used
    a mix of in game and purchased TP Some Lifers, Some Yearly VIP, Some Short term VIP and
    some Premium.

    Simply Put you must prioritize what is important to you. if you can not afford all then
    you buy what is most important first but the price point is appropriate for Fluff luxury Items.
    Let me ask you something: would it be fair in your opinion if Turbine decided armor dyes were no longer attainable in-game? If they only made them purchasable in the store?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008275f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  25. #450
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    Let me ask you something: would it be fair in your opinion if Turbine decided armor dyes were no longer attainable in-game? If they only made them purchasable in the store?
    Anyone who answers no to this needs to put the game down, get out in to the real world and sort their sense of entitlement out.

 

 
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload