We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 602
  1. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    They aren't really horse dyes, that just seems to be the verbiage folks are using because of being accustomed to things already in the game.
    Well, obviously. But literally dyeing a horse wasn't really what I was talking about, either. My point was about changing a creature's skin color at all. You can't do it with anything else in the game. The ability exists neither in Tolkien nor the real world. Why add it to LoTRO?

    You get dyes for gear and tack. You get different hides and hide colors to use for the horse itself.
    Yes, and that second part is what I'm talking about. Makes no more sense to me than if you could buy a trunk full of different human skins for your toon. You can change accessories, but not the creature itself. This isn't "The Sims". (However, it would be kinda neat if, maybe every fifteen or twenty levels, you had the option to apply a "veteran" skin that gave your toon a slightly more muscular physique and perhaps a slightly more. . .um. . .experienced facial appearance. It just feels kinda strange that, at first visual impression, I sometimes mistake a veteran for a noob, or vice versa. For humans, anyway. Elves hardly age, Dwarves are born old, and Hobbits. . .well. . .I tend to ignore.)

    The re-usable thing is worthless to a lot of us. If I buy color pack five, all I want is copper. I guess I could re-use it.
    Agreed. But a lot of folks seem intent on swapping appearances back and forth and around more often than they change their socks. It's to those people that I feel that Turbine was throwing a bone. They didn't need to make them reusable. Indeed, I would kinda prefer that they hadn't (at least, it's not a feature that I'm at all happy to pay for). Personally, I don't think I will find much value in the reusability (other than for tack, perhaps, because the ability to apply a matching dye to future tack items when acquired would be handy--but the colors of the horse itself would not change).

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Halgoreth View Post
    Am I the only one who finds the concept of dyeing a horse to be a little silly?
    Not at all. Because I am not "coloring" my mount hide, I am creating different customization options so that my horses don't all look the same. So I can create and trait a heavy steed that's got heavy gear and a different hide, and a light steed that has light gear, and a different hide, etc. etc. Not only do I have different type/gear versions for my mounts, I have different trait specs within each category. And when I'm swapping around I would very much like to see a different steed entirely, from a cosmetic perspective. A light steed is not the same steed as a heavy steed, and a horse that is traited (trained) for manoeuvrability is not the same as one traited (trained) for DPS.
    Last edited by frickinmuck; Oct 27 2012 at 03:36 PM.

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    251
    I would consider buying mount dye if

    1. I could choose which 4 colours to buy

    or

    2. Each dye were sold seperatly.


    But would not buy them often at that price.
    [center]Anju - Onji - Yuku
    Evernight[/center]

  4. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    I am not in disagreement that Most will asuume.
    i am simply saying that unless it is clearly spelled out,
    especially with Turbines History, you are much safer to
    believe otherwise.

    Yes it is up to Turbine/WB to decide on interpetation
    I just always assume they will do so in thier favour.
    Actually, it isn't just up to Turbine/WB to decide on the "interpretation." Of course, they will attempt to do so in their own favor, but if I and the rest of the customers they want to continue to get money from aren't happy with Turbine's interpretation of "appearance," that money will gladly stay in our wallets. A sale only works when both sides are happy with the deal, and it is pretty clear in this thread that a lot of people aren't. Also consider this, someone that isn't happy with the last deal is unlikely to enter into a new deal, or buy anything else from the other party.

    Meanwhile, maybe I'll even head to a REAL STORE and buy REAL DYE to craft something REAL in MY REAL LIFE. Heck, I might even decide that REAL LIFE is a lot more fun than Middle Earth questing...and that is the true danger for Turbine. Will we stay around if we continually feel like we are being taken advantage of?

    I can easily answer that, because I'm getting really tired of their "bait and switch" tactics that has been going on since the Store was launched. For beginners, promising us one thing before RoR launch, i.e. that we will be able to have the appearance of our premium steed for our warhorse and then not delivering exactly that, but after launch trying to sell that same appearance to us again by making us buy dyes in order to achieve the same appearance colors in the gear/hide/tail of the original steed is textbook "bait and switch," and in a lot of places "bait and switch" is considered illegal, at the very least it is considered to be a substandard business practice.

    Also, IMO, this isn't the first time they've done it. They took away the right to de-slot out LI's settings/gems/relics just so that they could then sell us a relic removal scroll through the store. They create a problem so that they can sell the solution, conveniently, the only solution is from their Store. Maybe it IS past time to figure out which Better Business Bureau office to complain to.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000129df9/01006/signature.png]Lyrabeth[/charsig]

    "Forgive me my nonsense as I also forgive the nonsense of those who think they talk sense." - Robert Frost

  5. #380
    It's a shame they did it this way. I am not as big on cosmetics as others, but I have unlocked a few outfit slots and many shared wardrobe slots. I did this because I was able to play around with the system at first and realized I liked it. It's hard to try before you buy when something is so locked down and over priced. It's a big barrier

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2
    /signed. Also account wide would be great. I don't understand at these prices why they are not. :/

  7. #382
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    "Unlock this Premium Mount Bundle to get the travel mount and the matching War-steed Appearance!" However, in direct contradiction to that promise, players who have bought these don't get a matching appearance for their war-steeds at all. They do get a reasonably good match for the steed's tack (though apparently even that doesn't get the colors quite right in some cases), but not for the steed itself, and it's the steed's appearance that Turbine promised would match.

    In fact, though I don't think it would be any better, it would at least be somewhat more defensible based on a possible reading of the claim if it had been implemented the other way around, with the only thing we got being the steed's coloration (and hide patterning where applicable). After all, the claim doesn't explicitly mention matching tack, just a matching steed. That still wouldn't work, because for the travel mount that this appearance is supposed to be matching, those are inseparable. The only way to match an inseparable combination of horse and tack is to provide all parts of it. But there is most certainly no excuse for trying to argue that the steed's appearance is not part of the steed's appearance.
    Actually, just noticed the fine print on the ad:

    "Purchase any of the premium mounts listed below and when Riders of Rohan™ launches you will automatically be given the matching appearance to customize your new War-steed using the armour from those mounts."

    So yes, it does specifically mention just the armour, not the hide colours. I missed it, too.

    From http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresale/2264
    The navigation throughout the LotRO site is horrible. You can quote me on that.
    [color=green]You say "[i]Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn[/i]" like it's a bad thing...[/color]

  8. #383
    With close to 400 replies in this thread and most people suggesting way to actually *increase* the revenue, this should be a no-brainer for Turbine...

    WB/Turbine: Let me clear this for you: tl;dr:

    LOWER the prices and you get MORE money. Understood this far? Good. Here's a suggestion and a comparison:

    Case 1)
    1 Horse color, account wide: 150TP
    ALL Horse Equipment colors unlocked account-wide: 1500TP
    ALL Horse Hide/Tail/Mane colors unlocked account-wide: 1500TP
    ALL Horse Colors Equipment and Hide/etc. unlocked account-wide: 2500TP

    Case 2)
    4 horse colors - equipment, per character: 595TP
    4 horse colors - hide, per character: 595TP

    Case 2: You get 0TP from me, my wife and everyone I know in-game.
    Case 2 total: 0TP

    Case 1: You get 2500TP from me, my wife and most people that I have talked in-game about this.
    Case 1 total: over 9000TP. (5000TP from this family *only*)

    This.. this shouldn't even be up to consideration, it should've been changed yesterday. The mind boggles.

  9. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrellion View Post
    Actually, just noticed the fine print on the ad:

    "Purchase any of the premium mounts listed below and when Riders of Rohan™ launches you will automatically be given the matching appearance to customize your new War-steed using the armour from those mounts."

    So yes, it does specifically mention just the armour, not the hide colours. I missed it, too.

    From http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresale/2264
    Well, it seems that detail appears on one particular ad, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not on others. The LOTRO Store Exclusive Steeds page for instance, just says that we get the matching War-steed Appearance, with no mention anywhere of the armour in regards to that claim. I can't get into the game right now, since I had to disconnect and move my gaming computer to protect it from flooding, so I can't check how the Store itself describes it. Could someone with access to the game check how the actual Store description characterizes this feature?

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    89

    Angry

    Color packs have to be account wide.

    While we're at it, make store exclusive steeds account wide as well. Increase the price if you have to, but there is no way I am buying it on all my characters. Too bad, since I do love collecting horses.
    [I]"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."[/I]

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411

    Just say Neigh to lower dye pack prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrellion View Post
    Actually, just noticed the fine print on the ad:

    "Purchase any of the premium mounts listed below and when Riders of Rohan™ launches you will automatically be given the matching appearance to customize your new War-steed using the armour from those mounts."

    So yes, it does specifically mention just the armour, not the hide colours. I missed it, too.

    From http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresale/2264
    DING DING DING We have a winner...
    Not really small print though it is no smaller then anything other then the headers which is normal.
    Clearly no tiny small print hidden on the bottom of the next page.
    Clear right on top easy ro find see and understand.

    Cosmetics and Fluff is where Turbine should make a profit.
    I want items sell better then I need items.
    They do not impact game play which keeps it more fairly balanced.
    Nice to see the store getting back to Convienience and fluff not advantage.

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    S Korea
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    Cosmetics and Fluff is where Turbine should make a profit.
    I want items sell better then I need items.
    They do not impact game play which keeps it more fairly balanced.
    Nice to see the store getting back to Convienience and fluff not advantage.

    Except that poor business decisions lead to falls in profits. I can only use myself as an example but I'm sure others will feel the same way. I've always used real money for the expacs - I was pleased with ROI Legendary because it was a great deal for Freemium players who needed the quest packs it offered (which completely invalidates your 'Always assume the worst' line of argument). No complaints there at all. Based on that experience I almost straight away paid $70 for the Legendary RoR. No QPs this time but after the initial scare with the instance cluster debacle I was satisfied I had made a good purchase.

    Playing through Rohan has been a lot of fun. I like MC, the idea of Hytbold, and the Epic has been well done. However, where did my money really go? You know, the extra that I paid. I have some stuff which is fine but I'm still gated out of options like a pure F2P would be. I now ask myself the question - did I choose the best option? I'm doubting the quality of that $70 purchase.

    I have just under 4000TP saved - TP I'm sure I would have used on reasonably priced cosmetics as well as the inevitable Relic Removal scrolls *sigh*. I'll still buy the scrolls of course but the cosmetics can go whistle. And paying cash for the next expac can go whistle too. By the time it rolls around I'll have enough TP to buy it (even with the recently dropped VIP account - not enough perks to justify it, sorry) so I'm going to fully explore that option - an option I've never felt the need to explore before. I still enjoy the game and I want to play it, but now I'll always be thinking twice before I get my credit card out and spend money on it.

    That's how bloody ridiculous decisions really damage businesses. I hope I paint a clear picture.

    As always, your millage may vary.

  13. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahtera View Post
    With close to 400 replies in this thread and most people suggesting way to actually *increase* the revenue, this should be a no-brainer for Turbine...

    WB/Turbine: Let me clear this for you: tl;dr:

    LOWER the prices and you get MORE money. Understood this far? Good. Here's a suggestion and a comparison:

    Case 1)
    1 Horse color, account wide: 150TP
    ALL Horse Equipment colors unlocked account-wide: 1500TP
    ALL Horse Hide/Tail/Mane colors unlocked account-wide: 1500TP
    ALL Horse Colors Equipment and Hide/etc. unlocked account-wide: 2500TP

    Case 2)
    4 horse colors - equipment, per character: 595TP
    4 horse colors - hide, per character: 595TP

    Case 2: You get 0TP from me, my wife and everyone I know in-game.
    Case 2 total: 0TP

    Case 1: You get 2500TP from me, my wife and most people that I have talked in-game about this.
    Case 1 total: over 9000TP. (5000TP from this family *only*)

    This.. this shouldn't even be up to consideration, it should've been changed yesterday. The mind boggles.
    + rep added. I'm totally sold with the 2500TP bundle.

  14. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    DING DING DING We have a winner...
    Not really small print though it is no smaller then anything other then the headers which is normal.
    Clearly no tiny small print hidden on the bottom of the next page.
    Clear right on top easy ro find see and understand.

    Cosmetics and Fluff is where Turbine should make a profit.
    I want items sell better then I need items.
    They do not impact game play which keeps it more fairly balanced.
    Nice to see the store getting back to Convienience and fluff not advantage.
    The knowledge still doesn't improve my own opinion. Quite the contrary; I'd planned on getting other class steeds, under the assumption that I'd be getting the full appearance for the warsteeds. The clarifying text simply means that now, I won't be buying those, either. Ergo, this decision has effectively lost them money I'd previously planned on spending.

    "Convenience and Fluff" needs to be priced as "Convenience and Fluff", not "Luxury" or "Necessity". Obviously, others may see these things as exactly that. I don't.
    The navigation throughout the LotRO site is horrible. You can quote me on that.
    [color=green]You say "[i]Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn[/i]" like it's a bad thing...[/color]

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    Except that poor business decisions lead to falls in profits.
    You are presenting an oppinion based on facts you have no evidence of.
    Only Turbine knows the numbers of dye packs sold you do not.
    Only Turbine knows how many they needed to sell to make a profit
    on that part of the development time you do not.
    Only Turbine knows the expected sales/profit goals and if they are being met you do not.
    If you have facts to back your oppinion your supposition that business is hurting pleas provide them.
    Otherwis your only sharring an oppinion. That oppinion is that you want them cheaper so you can buy more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    I hope I paint a clear picture.
    Only if your doing impressionist art but that is never clear.
    Dots and dabs of color thrown on a canvas representing often unrelated ideas and premises
    based soley on oppinion does not make a clear picture or prove they made a bad deccission.
    Only Turbine knows the profit goals they may not reach the mark thay may already have done so
    only Turbine knows for sure.
    Really think people that believe Turbine does not know what they are doing should
    consider how long they have been in bussines and very succesfully.
    Last edited by NickStern; Oct 30 2012 at 12:48 PM.

  16. #391
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrellion View Post

    "Convenience and Fluff" needs to be priced as "Convenience and Fluff", not "Luxury" or "Necessity". Obviously, others may see these things as exactly that. I don't.
    Not sure what your point there is.
    Cosmetics are Convienience and fluff and that is a deffinition of luxury.
    Something nice to have but not needed not a necessity.

    I live in a large city I work out in an area not served by public transportastion.
    A car is a neccesity for me.
    I own a Jeep Grand Cherokee I would love to own a Hummer H2.
    The Hummer is a luxury not a necessity and is priced accordingly.
    All fluff all luxury are wants not needsand is priced as such I am glad there are
    no quests to make you go out buy dye packs to color your mount a certian way.
    That would be necessity and then yes they would be overpriced.
    Last edited by NickStern; Oct 30 2012 at 12:47 PM.

  17. #392
    /signed

    There is enough suggestions already.

    I'd be happy if they would just lower the price of the current options (and maybe offer a refund to whoever bought them already).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001ee718/01008/signature.png]Lucanthanas[/charsig]

  18. #393
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    123
    /signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100002d3299/signature.png]Arrangaar[/charsig][COLOR=#b22222]
    Arrengash[/COLOR], warg rank 8
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Dark Blades[/B][/COLOR]

  19. #394
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    55
    Totally totally agree. I was expecting 95-195TP per pack, not 595. I planned to buy one but not a chance now. I could buy a quest pack for that price! Come on turbine, the legendary etc packages were pricey as it is...shouldn't cost us that much just to change mount color

  20. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    Except that poor business decisions lead to falls in profits. I can only use myself as an example but I'm sure others will feel the same way. I've always used real money for the expacs - I was pleased with ROI Legendary because it was a great deal for Freemium players who needed the quest packs it offered (which completely invalidates your 'Always assume the worst' line of argument). No complaints there at all. Based on that experience I almost straight away paid $70 for the Legendary RoR. No QPs this time but after the initial scare with the instance cluster debacle I was satisfied I had made a good purchase.

    Playing through Rohan has been a lot of fun. I like MC, the idea of Hytbold, and the Epic has been well done. However, where did my money really go? You know, the extra that I paid. I have some stuff which is fine but I'm still gated out of options like a pure F2P would be. I now ask myself the question - did I choose the best option? I'm doubting the quality of that $70 purchase.

    I have just under 4000TP saved - TP I'm sure I would have used on reasonably priced cosmetics as well as the inevitable Relic Removal scrolls *sigh*. I'll still buy the scrolls of course but the cosmetics can go whistle. And paying cash for the next expac can go whistle too. By the time it rolls around I'll have enough TP to buy it (even with the recently dropped VIP account - not enough perks to justify it, sorry) so I'm going to fully explore that option - an option I've never felt the need to explore before. I still enjoy the game and I want to play it, but now I'll always be thinking twice before I get my credit card out and spend money on it.

    That's how bloody ridiculous decisions really damage businesses. I hope I paint a clear picture.

    As always, your millage may vary.
    Exactly how I feel. Will I play the game? Sure, I'm a lifer. Will I pay for another expansion with money? Highly doubting it at this point. I was one who was glad to pay to promote a better game. This is so money-grubbing it's past the line for me. I find it disgusting.

  21. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    Except that poor business decisions lead to falls in profits. I can only use myself as an example but I'm sure others will feel the same way. I've always used real money for the expacs - I was pleased with ROI Legendary because it was a great deal for Freemium players who needed the quest packs it offered. No complaints there at all. Based on that experience I almost straight away paid $70 for the Legendary RoR. No QPs this time but after the initial scare with the instance cluster debacle I was satisfied I had made a good purchase.

    Playing through Rohan has been a lot of fun. I like MC, the idea of Hytbold, and the Epic has been well done. However, where did my money really go? You know, the extra that I paid. I have some stuff which is fine but I'm still gated out of options like a pure F2P would be. I now ask myself the question - did I choose the best option? I'm doubting the quality of that $70 purchase.

    I have just under 4000TP saved - TP I'm sure I would have used on reasonably priced cosmetics as well as the inevitable Relic Removal scrolls *sigh*. I'll still buy the scrolls of course but the cosmetics can go whistle. And paying cash for the next expac can go whistle too. By the time it rolls around I'll have enough TP to buy it (even with the recently dropped VIP account - not enough perks to justify it, sorry) so I'm going to fully explore that option - an option I've never felt the need to explore before. I still enjoy the game and I want to play it, but now I'll always be thinking twice before I get my credit card out and spend money on it.

    That's how bloody ridiculous decisions really damage businesses. I hope I paint a clear picture.

    As always, your millage may vary.
    Radbug, I tried to paraphrase what you had written, but I share your sentiments. I think your picture was painted clearly. I personally purchased the Legendary Package and spent that $70. Mounted combat and the steed customization had been so heavily advertised that you'd naturally expect the steed skin and color packages to be reasonably priced. After all, the wardrobe and cosmetic system has been available for years and the mount cosmetics are a natural extention of that system. I too have TP that I can spend, but I'm refusing to spend mine on the steed dyes. Instead, I'm saving it for what absolutely need and spending money on what I feel is worthwhile. And should those prices indeed come down or the packages become account wide, I'll then deem those packages a worthy investment...as will the many people in this thread who are requesting and encouraging a future reduction in TP cost. Then Turbine will see more revenue pouring in!

    But, in Turbine's defense, those of us who pre-purchased RoR got a few perks...each dependent on the expansion pacakge purchased. We received some free TP, as well as the account-wide heavy, medium, and light trait trees which could cost the F2P community 595 TP apiece. However, I do think it would be nice to uniquely customize each different class of steed. I'd like my light steed to look different from my medium steed.

    There has been a wonderful, though sometimes stubborn mix of subjective and objective opinion here in this thread. Let's continue to be supportive of each other, sharing personal, emotional, and professional facts...together, we can all make a difference
    Last edited by Nathrien_Estelenlaer; Oct 30 2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: grammatical errors :)

  22. #397
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Catalonia
    Posts
    76
    Personally I think that if they decide to change the cost, they won't do it soon.
    Think that an executive decided this prize policy. Changing that policy now, will mean that he'll be assuming his mistake. And being mistaken in a corporation means being spanked or losing a promotion. I presume that the person who decided this, values his career over our desires.

    (Oh, and rule number one of a wealthy company: never let the accountants to rule the company)
    Flatline__/\____

    *MAC PLAYER*

  23. #398
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43
    High prices would be fine... if those colors were unlocked for the entire account, across all servers. I'd say these prices—or even slightly higher—weren't unreasonable there.

    But on a per-character unlock? This is pretty freaking high.
    [i]Barawen Windleaf of the Grey Havens[/i]

  24. #399
    Ummm, I'm not really sure who to talk to about this, so I thought I would post where it happened. I have posted on this thread to state my agreement with the idea. I actually made a second post a few days ago with what I thought were good strong and valid points that even Nick couldn't argue. But later that same day I noticed my post was gone. Nick comes on the thread and continues to troll with no seeming end in sight, why did my post get pulled. I believe that I was polite and I know that I didn't use any strong language or anything else that should have gotten me in trouble. I have no idea how to find out what happened or who I should talk to about it. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this post, but being that it is the thread from which my previous post disappeared I didn't know what else to do.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002e0ad7/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  25. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    I still enjoy the game and I want to play it, but now I'll always be thinking twice before I get my credit card out and spend money on it.
    I didn't quote your entire post I agree with the sentiments that you express. I'm a lifer who has never hesitated or blinked an eye at buying store cosmetics or class steeds before RoR. Why? Because they felt like an enhancement of my game experience. They felt like a luxurious addition that I permitted myself to enjoy spending money on. And truly, they were! And still are! Cosmetics are an addition to the basics of a very well designed cosmetic wardrobe system that I can use as a tool be utterly creative within my favorite game environment.

    For someone like me who has never hesitated to buy anything related to store cosmetics (in fact there aren't many store cosmetics that I don't own), it was a new and shocking experience to find out that the warsteed appearance system requires a lot of money to access the most basic of all outfitting features: colors. Colors are the main toolbox of any serious outfitter. Colors are the core, the heart of any wardrobe. It's not about "what" you are wearing, it's about "how well coordinated" it all is. Colors are not an "enhancement" or an "option". Colors are the center of what outfitting really is all about. Without reasonable access to all colors on all characters, the entire appearance system is rendered useless as a creative tool. The creative potential provided by the wardrobe and its infinite possibilities, has made it the huge success that it is today, and it has added a completely new dimension to the game, expressed by the many threads and blogs about cosmetics.

    Now truly I don't mind paying for my cosmetic customizations. Quite the contrary I will gladly pay, and I have always supported the idea that I'd rather see the lotro store sell cosmetics than stat tomes. I don't mind the prices on the hide types and will gladly purchase them when I can, because I consider them a cosmetic "enhancement". I don't mind the prices on the accessories and will probably buy one at some point because I consider them a cosmetic "option". But colors are the core. Colors are the essence of outfitting. They are not an enhancement, addition or an option, they are the nucleus. I think this fact has been very much misunderstood by the department responsible for the current pricing.

    Current color prices have been set so high that full access to all colors on all my characters is completely out of the question, and thus the creative potential of the warsteed appearance system has been nullified for me, with the result that I don't participate in it at all. I would be more than happy to pay for my color options the way it has been suggested over and over in this thread, but not like it currently is. As it is now, I don't even buy hides or accessories, because what's the point if I cannot dye them to match my outfits anyway.

    I'm curious to find out if Turbine is going to address the concerns at some point and change the pricing. No doubt the matter has caught their attention but it may be their policy to never go back on their price plans no matter what the consequences. It may be that they will wait a few months to see if customers will give in and buy those color packs anyway. This may or may not happen, but for me, in a few months time the novelty and desire to play around with customizing my warsteed will probably have worn off, leaving nothing but the bitter taste of grey.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

    a blog about Middle-earth outfits

 

 
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload