We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 602
  1. #326
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    So many things here that misguided... .
    LOL NOPE the only ones misguided are the ones that think a change will occour in a few days.
    Most of the posters demanding a change are the same few over and over.
    Yes there are some Newer Posters but that does not make a majority.
    To think otherwise shows how misguided you are.
    Things do not change quikly in a MMO it takes research and time.
    Turbine knows how many are or are not buying the Mount Dyes.
    I bet the silent majority that have purchased far out weigh the minority that
    demand a price reduction in this thread.

    FLUFF is exactly where Turbine should make thier money.
    The fact is Many/Most are buying the Mount dyes and it is doubtful
    prices will drop before the average 6 month before first sale from an expansion.

  2. #327
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    161
    yep i agree the prices of the custimasation of the horse are way to high, make the outfits themselves 595 or 995 or w/e but u should let use play around with the colours for way cheaper than 595, maybe 195 or 95, i mean its just the colour of the horse lol, thats like saying we cant dye our armour without buying them with tp. be more reasonable pls turbine, i know you need to make money, but find other ways other than horse dye's

  3. #328
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowene View Post
    yep i agree the prices of the custimasation of the horse are way to high, make the outfits themselves 595 or 995 or w/e but u should let use play around with the colours for way cheaper than 595, maybe 195 or 95, i mean its just the colour of the horse lol, thats like saying we cant dye our armour without buying them with tp. be more reasonable pls turbine, i know you need to make money, but find other ways other than horse dye's
    Where exactly would you suggest that would not have an effect on anyone?
    No matter what Turbine decides to make a profit on someone will complain.

    Something as trivial as a mount dye color that does not impact game play...
    FLUFF is exactly where Turbine should strive to make a profit.

    Fluff is I want not I need.

  4. #329
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    1) LOL NOPE the only ones misguided are the ones that think a change will occour in a few days.
    2) Most of the posters demanding a change are the same few over and over.
    3) Yes there are some Newer Posters but that does not make a majority.
    To think otherwise shows how misguided you are.
    4) Things do not change quikly in a MMO it takes research and time.
    5) Turbine knows how many are or are not buying the Mount Dyes.
    I bet the silent majority that have purchased far out weigh the minority that
    demand a price reduction in this thread.
    6) FLUFF is exactly where Turbine should make thier money.
    7) The fact is Many/Most are buying the Mount dyes and it is doubtful
    prices will drop before the average 6 month before first sale from an expansion.
    It'd be nice if you'd bother to read what I posted before coming back with this.. I've inserted numbers into your writing for the sake of clarity:
    1) We never expected change to happen in a few days. If you'd read what I wrote, you'll see that I was simply expecting a comment from a community manager within this period.
    2) They are? I don't think the originator of this post is a continuous moaner, and as I said before, they low post count of those who have posted on this thread show it isn't the same people over an over.
    3) I did not say that low post counts = majority, I simply said that from those people posting, we can assume that it is an issue which is hitting people hard enough that they wish to come into the forums to post about it. And points 2 and 3 rather contradict each other - you said its the same old people, but you acknowledge that new posters are also posting... can you not see that's contradictory?
    4) The evidence from the example I gave - I'll happily give you a link to the pre-order discussion - refutes this; things happen fast if there is community pressure.
    5) Would you like to cite the figures which backup this argument? I have spoken to large numbers on my server who say that the prices are too high - what makes you assume that this silent majority isn't just silent because its non-existent?
    6) No one has suggested otherwise.
    7) Its not a fact that many/most are buying the dyes unless you can back it up. Currently, its an assertion that you've made up to suit your case. For the second half of this point I refer you to the RoR preorder price changes.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  5. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    There will not be an updated reply to an answer given just a couple days ago.
    There is not enough evidence yet that the price point is wrong.
    For the few posting here demanding a lower price how many have happily purchased the dye Packs.
    If they do lower the price do they give refunds?
    Do they Just ignore those that find it unfair that they paid more?
    Prices changes will not come for a very long time if at all.
    They will go on sale in maybe 6 months like everything else from expansions do.
    Perhaps you should save your TP until then.

    Expecting a change after just a few days is well silly.
    "For the few"... Mate, this is an 8-page long thread of people voicing their agreement with the OP that the prices are too high priced. And only a few of us have posted more than once. As you obviously like the prices as they are, why are you here? Just go on your merry way, and let us voice our concerns/opinions/or whatever you want to call it in peace.

    "Inconvenience to the devs". And they made you their spokesperson? :/ I never knew paying attention to your game's community is an inconvenience. They can simply say "we're not doing it as it's resource and time consuming". What's so inconvenient in that? ^_^

    Rather than that, we have two people joining a thread just to voice their disagreement with our disagreement. Why don't you make a thread and call it "People who agree with Turbine's pricing, sign here!". :P
    [CENTER][B]Amasha -[/B] [COLOR=#008080]Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR] [B]- Evernight
    Lykena - [/B][COLOR=#b22222]Stalkers[/COLOR][B] - Evernight[/B]
    [/CENTER]

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykena View Post
    "For the few"... Mate, this is an 8-page long thread of people voicing their agreement with the OP that the prices are too high priced. And only a few of us have posted more than once. As you obviously like the prices as they are, why are you here? Just go on your merry way, and let us voice our concerns/opinions/or whatever you want to call it in peace.

    "Inconvenience to the devs". And they made you their spokesperson? :/ I never knew paying attention to your game's community is an inconvenience. They can simply say "we're not doing it as it's resource and time consuming". What's so inconvenient in that? ^_^

    Rather than that, we have two people joining a thread just to voice their disagreement with our disagreement. Why don't you make a thread and call it "People who agree with Turbine's pricing, sign here!". :P
    Oh so now you think you have the right to tell people where when and what to post.
    LOL Guess what this is a open forum anyone has the right to post thier oppinion
    where and when the decide to do so.

    Got to love people that have the attitude "Do not Agree with me Go someplace else"
    That goes both ways you know.

    I do not post Sign here petition threads due to the fact they are pointless in Turbines Eyes
    as has been stated and backed by Blue Names.
    I will respond to nonsense threads and try to share Logic based on reality to show why
    what is being demanded is flawed.

    Most people only post to things they are not happy about the majority that see no
    issue never post to forums.
    So yeah a 8 page thread is nothing but Minority.

    The Quarter master already responded and explained WHY.
    You chose to dismiss that explination and demand further response based on a minority 8 page thread LOL.
    Devs almost never respond in these threads they are busy fixing things.
    Community Support/Managers respond and the appropriate one already did but thats not enough for you?

    There have been 50 page threads on Forced Emotes Housing upgrades, and XP Disablers
    going back 3 or 4 years.
    So no I do not expect an immediete change and that is based on facts not wishful thinking.

    If you can not handle disagreeing views based on reality posting a blog may be more your forte.
    Last edited by NickStern; Oct 25 2012 at 05:06 PM.

  7. #332
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    Oh so now you think you have the right to tell people where when and what to post.
    LOL Guess what this is a open forum anyone has the right to post thier oppinion
    where and when the decide to do so.

    Got to love people that have the attitude "Do not Agree with me Go someplace else"
    That goes both ways you know.

    I do not post Sign here petition threads due to the fact they are pointless in Turbines Eyes
    as has been stated and backed by Blue Names.
    I will respond to nonsense threads and try to share Logic based on reality to show why
    what is being demanded is flawed.

    Most people only post to things they are not happy about the majority that see no
    issue never post to forums.
    So yeah a 8 page thread is nothing but Minority.

    There have been 50 page threads on Forced Emotes Housing upgrades, and XP Disablers
    going back 3 or 4 years.
    So no I do not expect an immediete change and that is based on facts not wishful thinking.

    If you can not handle disagreeing views based on reality posting a blog may be more your forte.
    So according to you Nick, its pointless to petition for something if you believe it should be changed? Are your 1000+ posts simply you sharing logic with people and telling them that standing up for something is wrong? If so, I'm mightly impressed.

    And you seem not yet to have looked at my example, the RoR preorder changes, which changed within the month, and was the result of forum petitions and lack of sales. You haven't seemed to have addressed any of my real points, and your rudeness towards Lykena is unforgiveable - its not that she can't handle disagreeing views, its simply that the views which you give are unsubstantiated, and I presume that Lykena, as I do, finds that intensely annoying, when you do not address the points we make, but say the same thing repeatedly regardless of how we may respond to you.

    Of course, you have a right to say on this forum whatever you wish to, as do we all, but please, if the criticism isn't going to be constructive or you don't wish to back this petition, then you are straying off the topic, and your comments no longer belong in this thread (and these are part of the forum rules).
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  8. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern
    Oh so now you think you have the right to tell people where when and what to post.
    LOL Guess what this is a open forum anyone has the right to post thier oppinion
    where and when the decide to do so.

    Got to love people that have the attitude "Do not Agree with me Go someplace else"
    That goes both ways you know.

    I do not post Sign here petition threads due to the fact they are pointless in Turbines Eyes
    as has been stated and backed by Blue Names.
    I will respond to nonsense threads and try to share Logic based on reality to show why
    what is being demanded is flawed.

    Most people only post to things they are not happy about the majority that see no
    issue never post to forums.
    So yeah a 8 page thread is nothing but Minority.

    There have been 50 page threads on Forced Emotes Housing upgrades, and XP Disablers
    going back 3 or 4 years.
    So no I do not expect an immediete change and that is based on facts not wishful thinking.

    If you can not handle disagreeing views based on reality posting a blog may be more your forte.
    I wrote a huge reply to all of your posts; addressing each one by one... But I'm not going to bother. Why? Because the way this is going we're going to end up with a locked or deleted thread due to arguing.

    I will only say this... As you said you can't dictate to people what they can write and what they can't. I don't know for how long you've been playing but this game has changed a lot since launch and I've witnessed it all. And a lot of the changes in-game came from people's suggestions and petitions. They're not without power.
    [CENTER][B]Amasha -[/B] [COLOR=#008080]Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR] [B]- Evernight
    Lykena - [/B][COLOR=#b22222]Stalkers[/COLOR][B] - Evernight[/B]
    [/CENTER]

  9. #334
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    So according to you Nick, its pointless to petition for something if you believe it should be changed? Are your 1000+ posts simply you sharing logic with people and telling them that standing up for something is wrong? If so, I'm mightly impressed.

    And you seem not yet to have looked at my example, the RoR preorder changes, which changed within the month, and was the result of forum petitions and lack of sales. You haven't seemed to have addressed any of my real points, and your rudeness towards Lykena is unforgiveable - its not that she can't handle disagreeing views, its simply that the views which you give are unsubstantiated, and I presume that Lykena, as I do, finds that intensely annoying, when you do not address the points we make, but say the same thing repeatedly regardless of how we may respond to you.

    Of course, you have a right to say on this forum whatever you wish to, as do we all, but please, if the criticism isn't going to be constructive or you don't wish to back this petition, then you are straying off the topic, and your comments no longer belong in this thread (and these are part of the forum rules).
    My Points are not any more usubstantiated then yours.

    The only peopel who know the truth of the sales and profit are Turbine.
    You seem to claim otherwise so PROVE IT.

    My Posts are Not Rude They are in opposition to wht you few are posting so you view that as rude since I do not agree with you.

    LOL You are funny. If I disagree presnt a point of oposition I am off topic.
    That is NONSENSE at its finest.
    The topic is the price of dye packs I am on topic disagreeing that they need to be changed.
    I am on topic pointing out that FLUFF is exactly where Turbine needs to make thier profit
    rather then from things that actually impact game Play.

    You chose to disregard my points and the response from the appropriate Turbine Represenative.
    Thats fine do so but by your logic that puts you way more of topic and
    in violation of some slef made up forum rule.

    if you do not want opposing thoughts and Ideas Post a Blog not in an open forum.
    Everyone has the right to post here.
    I have never told any of you to go post some place else but I have been told that at least 3 times.
    That is a violation and I will even Quote it for you to be clear so you can not claim I did not substatiate it....

    1. While participating on the Community Sites, you must respect the rights of others to participate in the community.

    so stop telling me to go post someplace else stop telling me I am off topic.
    the topic is Dye pack prices and honestly I think they should raise them.
    They are the same as having multiple War Steed Mounts since they are permenant
    and you can change back and forth on a whim not a consumable.
    Actually 1995 TP per character seems appropriate the cost of a new mount.

  10. #335
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    My Points are not any more usubstantiated then yours.

    The only peopel who know the truth of the sales and profit are Turbine.
    You seem to claim otherwise so PROVE IT.

    My Posts are Not Rude They are in opposition to wht you few are posting so you view that as rude since I do not agree with you.

    LOL You are funny. If I disagree presnt a point of oposition I am off topic.
    That is NONSENSE at its finest.
    The topic is the price of dye packs I am on topic disagreeing that they need to be changed.
    I am on topic pointing out that FLUFF is exactly where Turbine needs to make thier profit
    rather then from things that actually impact game Play.

    You chose to disregard my points and the response from the appropriate Turbine Represenative.
    Thats fine do so but by your logic that puts you way more of topic and
    in violation of some slef made up forum rule.

    if you do not want opposing thoughts and Ideas Post a Blog not in an open forum.
    Everyone has the right to post here.
    I have never told any of you to go post some place else but I have been told that at least 3 times.
    That is a violation and I will even Quote it for you to be clear so you can not claim I did not substatiate it....

    1. While participating on the Community Sites, you must respect the rights of others to participate in the community.

    so stop telling me to go post someplace else stop telling me I am off topic.
    the topic is Dye pack prices and honestly I think they should raise them.
    They are the same as having multiple War Steed Mounts since they are permenant
    and you can change back and forth on a whim not a consumable.
    Actually 1995 TP per character seems appropriate the cost of a new mount.
    My proof comes in the form of the posters on this forum, of which, the vast majority are in agreement with me. As for you, there are about 3 other posters who disagree with this petition. If you want PROOF, then you can start looking here.

    I clearly saw rudeness towards Lykena when you told her to go away and to post on a blog rather than airing her views on here - you're rather contravening your own quote aren't you? Whereas with you, I did not tell you that you had no right to post here, only that you were straying off topic.

    The reason I give for saying that you were straying off topic was that you were no longer talking about the petition, but reasons why the petition will not be recieving any attention. Whether this is true, or whether it is not, you are still deviating from the point - if you had just been posting about how you were happy with the prices, then you would have remained on topic, but to be writing things which seek to give us reason not to post about things... that is unforgivable. Your 'FLUFF' point was the only mildly relevant point regarding whether you believe the dye prices are right.

    the topic is Dye pack prices and honestly I think they should raise them.
    They are the same as having multiple War Steed Mounts since they are permenant
    and you can change back and forth on a whim not a consumable.
    Actually 1995 TP per character seems appropriate the cost of a new mount.


    This last bit is the only thing which I have seen from you which isn't trying to tell us that 'don't bother to post, its not worth it' but actually demonstrates your view on the pricing. This is your view, and we will not attempt to stop you from having it, we only ask that you show the same courtesy to us who decide to post here, rather than deciding to try and convince us it isn't worth it.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  11. #336

    Finally read the whole topic

    After taking the time to sit and read this whole discussion I will join my voice to those complaining about Turbine's pricing for the dye packs. I would be willing to pay that if they were shared across all my characters, but I cannot convince myself to pay that much for only one character to have access to the color packs.

    A comparable example would be charging that much for a whole region, but only allowing the character who purchased the region access. Most quest packs are 595 TP and to say that "these four colors are worth as much as the Trollshaws/North Downs/Forochel/Evendim/Lothlorien" is absurd.

    If they broke down the colors into single options at 150/color and made the colors shared to my whole account, I'd be gladly letting Turbine ransack my wallet to get the shades and colors I want.

    Another issue I've had with pricing would be the mount skins. Maybe 495 instead of 595 and make them rare drops (a 1% chance maybe?) from the blue/red/green/silver boxes and I'd be glad to let Turbine rifle through my pockets for all the loose coin I can give them.

  12. #337
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    11
    I'm already regretting writing this (this is my first forum post of this kind), but I feel I should do it anyway!

    First and foremost: /signed - I agree that the prices are a bit to high.

    I'm still months away from Rohan with my main, but got the legendary edition of RoR because I love LOTRO and I want to support the game! I enjoy every minute i play, really love the cosmetic system and was looking forward to customising my Warsteed to look like a real Rohirric warhorse! When I heard of the prices on the dye color packs I realised it would be a bit more expensive than I hoped. In the RoR pre-release information it sounded like we could make the "steed of our dreams" and roam the plains of Rohan happily ever after.....But I guess that was a bit to much to hope for...I feel a bit cheated to be honest! I don't demand much, just the plain colours of the starter mounts at the farm north of Bree (forgot the name), or the opportunity to buy ONE of our favourite color! I would buy the two or three I want, and nothing more. But now I won't buy any because I can't justify the cost.


    I'm also reading the replies of Nick, and I really can't see his problem. If we want to cry over high prices, let us do that! Why does it bother you so much? I can see some good points in what you write, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just as you are. If you don't like cosmetics and don't care to use TP on it, thats fine with me. I value your view on the game I love, but I don't like people who bully others because they have another opinion. So please Nick, can you be polite and let me, and the others posting on this thread, say our opinion on the pricing of the dyes and cosmetics we love without being shot down in flames and called stupid?

    Thank you!
    (and sorry for my shady english, not a native)
    Last edited by Aleifir; Oct 25 2012 at 06:52 PM.

  13. #338
    Something to chew on:

    One of the most popular, if not THE most popular cosmetic blogs has posted comments regarding this issue explaining their displeasure with these prices and/or the current way it's all set up. (Other cosmetics and LOTRO sites have mentioned these same concerns as well)

    Second, and I hate bringing this one up because I do not like to self-praise, is I have created the only fan-built Warsteeds specific resource on the net that I am aware of and am continuing to work extremely hard at it and if I can't even bring myself to purchase a single color pack due to the outrageous and prohibitive costs... This and my first point indicate pretty clearly to me something is wrong.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

  14. #339
    I am by no means a developer, community manager, or forum moderator, but for the love of everybody here, PLEASE STOP THE TROLLING AND BICKERING. Yes, we're all entitled to our opinions, but can't you see we're all running around in circles here? Please don't get this thread locked because there are still players out there who would like to voice their opinions.

    *clears throat*

    I gladly will /sign this petition.

    Some of you may know that I am the proprietor of Material Middle-Earth, a blog dedicated to the cosmetic community of Lord of the Rings Online. I am one of at least a dozen cosmetic blogs out there, evidenced by a thread listing many of the existing blogs. To you this may be fluff, but to us, cosmetics are precious and priceless treasures. Ask us how we feel. Ask how the commenters on these blogs feel. Ask the role-players who have broken their backs to make lore-based videos featuring these cosmetics.

    Nick, I am sorry that you feel that those of us here speaking out against the current steed color package situation are a minority. Please don't make such a sweeping generalization. There are many of us who delight in customizing our characters and our steeds. We are a rich and proud community. We blog owners take time out of our busy, and sometimes not-so-busy lives, to provide outfit designs for fellow players. Also, through our efforts, we're also advertising and promoting LOTRO products available through the game AND through the LOTRO Store. If you'd care to browse through those blogs, you'll see quite a few people who have purchased account-bound cosmetics with TP and proudly displayed them. My blog may be a baby compared to Cosmetic LOTRO (which has been commended by Sapience in a developer video), LOTRO Fashion, and LOTRO Stylist, but you'll see we've had a sustained and encouraged presence.

    Despite the significant time and money I have devoted to this game, I can't support the pricing of the dye packages. I've supported the cosmetic community for as long as I've played. I have friends on Gladden and Landroval that can attest to that said devotion. But I won't be purchasing the war-steed colors in their current format. It's not productive to purchase a 4-pack with the intention of using only one color. Like many others here, I would agree to purchase these dyes under either of the following conditions:

    1) The dyes are split up and can be individually purchased for 150 TP, even if they remain on a 'per character' basis.
    2) The dye packages remain priced the same, but the colors become account-wide.

    Blogs like Pony Lovers Anonymous and WARSTEEDS won't be able to display the customization of war-steeds effectively. If the prices do come down, these fantastic community sites will be able to show off their unique creations while continuing to advertise the products of the LOTRO Store. Not many of us are purchasing these, for whatever financial reasons may exist. If the prices come down, Turbine will still be making a profit from us gamers. There's a mutual partnership here that hasn't been mentioned in terms of blogging. Please, don't dismiss this fact.

    There is quite a bit of merit on both sides of this fence. However, I am only one passionate voice among many. My opinion may mean something to some readers here, but it may also fall on just as many deaf ears. I've said what I needed to say, most of it already stated in previous replies, and probably won't be back to fan the hopefully subsiding flames.

    Best wishes,
    ~Nathrien
    Last edited by Nathrien_Estelenlaer; Oct 26 2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: minor spelling corrections

  15. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    My proof comes in the form of the posters on this forum, of which, the vast majority are in agreement with me. As for you, there are about 3 other posters who disagree with this petition. If you want PROOF, then you can start looking here.
    For any "I want X" type of topic, the players who want X are more apt to find and post in that topic than players who don't care about X. So trying to jump from "most players posting here want X" to "most players want X" is a jump that's really not justified. (On the other hand, Nick's claim that only a minority care is similarly unsubstantiated. The fact is that we don't know one way or the other, so arguing over that point is moot.)


    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    I clearly saw rudeness towards Lykena when you told her to go away and to post on a blog rather than airing her views on here
    The only thing he told her belonged on a blog instead of here was her view that: "As you obviously like the prices as they are, why are you here? Just go on your merry way, and let us voice our concerns/opinions/or whatever you want to call it in peace." He told her that excluding the conversation to only one side isn't the way open forums like this work. He never said her views on the Color Pack pricing didn't belong here, just her attempts to exclude his views.

  16. #341
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    My proof comes in the form of the posters on this forum, of which, the vast majority are in agreement with me. As for you, there are about 3 other posters who disagree with this petition. If you want PROOF, then you can start looking here.

    I clearly saw rudeness towards Lykena when you told her to go away and to post on a blog rather than airing her views on here - you're rather contravening your own quote aren't you? Whereas with you, I did not tell you that you had no right to post here, only that you were straying off topic.

    The reason I give for saying that you were straying off topic was that you were no longer talking about the petition, but reasons why the petition will not be recieving any attention. Whether this is true, or whether it is not, you are still deviating from the point - if you had just been posting about how you were happy with the prices, then you would have remained on topic, but to be writing things which seek to give us reason not to post about things... that is unforgivable. Your 'FLUFF' point was the only mildly relevant point regarding whether you believe the dye prices are right.

    the topic is Dye pack prices and honestly I think they should raise them.
    They are the same as having multiple War Steed Mounts since they are permenant
    and you can change back and forth on a whim not a consumable.
    Actually 1995 TP per character seems appropriate the cost of a new mount.


    This last bit is the only thing which I have seen from you which isn't trying to tell us that 'don't bother to post, its not worth it' but actually demonstrates your view on the pricing. This is your view, and we will not attempt to stop you from having it, we only ask that you show the same courtesy to us who decide to post here, rather than deciding to try and convince us it isn't worth it.
    LOL YOU ARE FUNNY
    and tend to read things not stated.

    I never told anyone not to post here But I have ben told that 4 times now including by you.
    I said if your not open to opposition posts that a blog may be more to thier forte as a blog does not allow desenting oppinion.

    The topic is about the Price of the dyes and if they should be changed or not.
    My post was never off topic it was in opposition to the idea and to the onging argument turbine never responded.
    To point out why they would not change immedietly why the should not change at all is on topic.
    May I suggest you check your dictionary for what on topic means?

    Not trying to convince anyone not to post your free to post but do not act all superior when people
    have an opposit view point and tell them to post elsewhere and they are off topic.
    Feel free to keep posting knowing full well a change will not occour for a minimum amount of time
    for Turbine to see what the level of sales are and if the sales meet thier goals.

    I would bet so far they do I know many that have already purchased Dye Packs for several toons.
    They alos plan to buy more when they earn more TP.
    Last edited by NickStern; Oct 25 2012 at 11:52 PM.

  17. #342
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathrien_Estelenlaer View Post
    I am by no means a developer, community manager, or forum moderator, but for the love of everybody here, PLEASE STOP THE TROLLING AND BICKERING. Yes, we're all entitled to our opinions, but can't you see we're all running around in circles here? Please don't get this thread locked because there are still players out there who would like to voice their opinions.

    *clears throat*

    I gladly will /sign this petition.

    Some of you may know that I am the proprietor of Material Middle-Earth, a blog dedicated to the cosmetic community of Lord of the Rings Online. I am one of at least a dozen cosmetic blogs out there, evidenced by a thread listing many of the existing blogs. To you this may be fluff, but to us, cosmetics are precious and priceless treasure. Ask us how we feel. Ask how the commenters on these blogs feel. Ask the role-players who have broken their backs to make lore-based videos featuring these cosmetics.

    Nick, I am sorry that you feel that those of us here speaking out against the current steed color package situation are a minority. Please don't make such a sweeping generalization. There are many of us who delight in customizing our characters and our steeds. We are a rich and proud community. We blog owners take time out of our busy, and sometimes not-so-busy lives, to provide outfit designs for fellow players. Also, though out efforts, we're also advertising and promoting LOTRO products available through the game AND through the LOTRO Store. If you'd care to browse through those blogs, you'll see quite a few people who have purchased account-bound cosmetics with TP and proudly displayed them. My blog may be a baby compared to Cosmetic LOTRO (which has been commended by Sapience in a developer video), LOTRO Fashion, and LOTRO Stylist, but you'll see we've had a sustained and encouraged presence.

    Despite the significant time and money I have devoted to this game, I can't support the pricing of the dye packages. I've supported the cosmetic community for as long as I've played. I have friends on Gladden and Landroval that can attest to that said devotion. But I won't be purchasing the war-steed colors in their current format. It's not productive to purchase a 4-pack with the intention of using only one color. Like many others here, I would agree to purchase these dyes under either of the following conditions:

    1) The dyes are split up and can be individually purchased for 150 TP, even if they remain on a 'per character' basis.
    2) The dye packages remain priced the same, but the colors become account-wide.

    Blogs like Pony Lovers Anonymous and WARSTEEDS won't be able to display the customization of war-steeds effectively. If the prices do come down, these fantastic community sites will be able to show off their unique creations while continuing to advertise the products of the LOTRO Store. Not many of us are purchasing these, for whatever financial reasons may exist. If the prices come down, Turbine will still be making a profit from we gamers. There's a mutual partnership here that hasn't been mentioned in terms of blogging. Please, don't dismiss this fact.

    There is quite a bit of merit on both sides of this fence. However, I am only one passionate voice among many. My opinion may mean something to some readers here, but it may also fall on just as many deaf ears. I've said what I needed to say, most of it already stated in previous replies, and probably won't be back to fan the hopefully subsiding flames.

    Best wishes,
    ~Nathrien
    I am very happy for you that you find such enjoyment in cosmetics and fluff.
    It is however fluff...Fluff is anything the has no impact on game playability.
    Fluff is a want Item not a need Item.

    Never once said it is not important to many never said it should not be part of your enjoyment or playstyle.
    I only point out that Fluff unecessary items to game playability is a choice to spend TP on
    not a necessary item to spend TP on and that as such is the perfect place for Turbine to seek profit.

    There are many Mount collectors out there many do not like paying 1995 TP for Mounts and want it reduced.
    Fact of the matter is Turbine alon knows How many people do or do not buy at that price.
    Well actually we all have a good idea as most of us know several mount collectors.
    However the price does not go down immedietly upon release of new mounts either dispite the vocal minority.
    i also disagree that mount prices should be lowered again due to no impact on game playability.
    Last edited by NickStern; Oct 26 2012 at 12:08 AM.

  18. #343
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3
    /signed

    New to posting in these forums, so I hope I'm doing this right...

    I love this game and I did purchase the Legendary Edition of RoR. Loving the warsteed and questing is fun in the new expansion; feel like they put sooo much work into this release and it paid off!

    But, just want to echo the sentiments of the people who are disappointed about the horse dye cosmetic prices because I am very disappoint. At 595 TP, I won't be purchasing any of the dye packages simply because it's out of my budget, and I don't feel like it's a good bang for my buck. Now, if the colors were separated, made account wide, and priced at ~200 TP, I would gladly purchase at least one color. Definitely more later because I get bored easily and like to change things up.

    Sure, I know this might not even get noticed by LOTRO higher ups, but at least I feel better getting my thoughts out there. And who knows, maybe they WILL listen eventually!

  19. #344
    /signed

    I just want to say how frustrating I find this. Both my partner and I bought the RoR Legendary edition. We waited breathlessly for the warmounts as they were supposed to be customizable. We are both alt-a-holics with a full 7 characters each over half in the 65+ region, and one each able to run into Rohan. Imagine our disappointment when we found out how much it would cost us to make a customized warsteed in real cash after forking over $140 so we could both be there.

    As a couple these kinds of prices are especially hard hitting since all cost doubles. On top of loving our alts, we both also love cosmetics. I was looking forward to unlocking the warsteeds cosmetic slots, probably all of them just like my character, so that I could make a warsteed appearance for each outfit I am wearing. But alas, with these prices I could never do such a thing.
    I have thought of a few ways to lower the cost yet Turbine could still make money

    1. Sell dyes individually for 50tp for 1 character, 150tp account wide. Dye Bundles (4 dyes) could be sold for 200tp for 1 character or 595tp account wide. There could make an ultimate bundle of all colors for an appropriately equivalent price.
    2. Let people buy the use of their mount cosmetics from rep and festival horses for a reasonable price, say 100-200tp for a single horse and a special bundle offer for horse lovers of 1000tp for all of a characters horses.
    3. Horse wardrobe. Let people by the ability to use cosmetics from one of their other characters horses.

    These are just some examples of ways to make money other than gouge the players with outrageous prices for dye alone. Many little things are likely to sell better than one huge thing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002e0ad7/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  20. #345
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis Home of The Indy 500
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    And what about the fact that dyes since their production WERE always producible and acquirable in-game?

    Did anyone *PRIOR TO BETA* really expect them to sell them to the exclusion of an in-game production method after having been a key part of the cosmetic systems which has been one of lotro's best features for YEARS?

    Certainly turbine didn't announce this impending change.
    Odd I would have sworn War Steeds were Just introduced in the RoR update.
    So how were dyes for War Steeds always available and produced in game?

    Never once saw a war steed dye before RoR.
    With the new F2P model and the fact most everything must be monitized especially fluff!
    How on earth could you not expect it?

  21. #346
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    S Korea
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    Odd I would have sworn War Steeds were Just introduced in the RoR update.
    So how were dyes for War Steeds always available and produced in game?

    Never once saw a war steed dye before RoR.
    With the new F2P model and the fact most everything must be monitized especially fluff!
    How on earth could you not expect it?

    It's quite ironic that this expansion is all about horses. You've certainly found a high one to pontificate from.

    You've already been told that dyes functioned very differently in Beta and never had anything other than a 1TP placeholder price. If we had seen anything like the live implementation in Beta there would have been a outcry. I know it, you know it, the developers knew it.


    http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/2240-r...han-war-steeds


    It's an advertised feature of the expansion. So why this in small grey letters at the bottom?

    "*Some coat/tack colors and coat styles may require additional purchase"

    Replace 'some' with 'most', 'may' with 'will', and add this at the end 'per character at an exorbitant price'. That would be accurate.


    You can this it and that it, and I told you so it as much as you want. Fact remains, the pricing and Store gating of the WS cosmetic options is a massive kick in the nuts and it detracts from the VFM of this expac.

    It would seem I'm not alone in thinking this.

    Your millage may vary.

  22. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    The reason I give for saying that you were straying off topic was that you were no longer talking about the petition, but reasons why the petition will not be recieving any attention. Whether this is true, or whether it is not, you are still deviating from the point - if you had just been posting about how you were happy with the prices, then you would have remained on topic, but to be writing things which seek to give us reason not to post about things... that is unforgivable. Your 'FLUFF' point was the only mildly relevant point regarding whether you believe the dye prices are right.

    the topic is Dye pack prices and honestly I think they should raise them.
    They are the same as having multiple War Steed Mounts since they are permenant
    and you can change back and forth on a whim not a consumable.
    Actually 1995 TP per character seems appropriate the cost of a new mount.


    This last bit is the only thing which I have seen from you which isn't trying to tell us that 'don't bother to post, its not worth it' but actually demonstrates your view on the pricing. This is your view, and we will not attempt to stop you from having it, we only ask that you show the same courtesy to us who decide to post here, rather than deciding to try and convince us it isn't worth it.
    This! Nick's posts have gone from on topic to attacking the people signing this thread and basically calling the whole attempt idiotic. Which is what got me in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    The only thing he told her belonged on a blog instead of here was her view that: "As you obviously like the prices as they are, why are you here? Just go on your merry way, and let us voice our concerns/opinions/or whatever you want to call it in peace." He told her that excluding the conversation to only one side isn't the way open forums like this work. He never said her views on the Color Pack pricing didn't belong here, just her attempts to exclude his views.
    Perhaps that was understood differently than I meant it. I never wanted to exclude his views. I see threads all the time (petitions or what not) that I don't agree with. I don't join and *insist* they're all wrong/silly, I ignore it (or voice my one time opinion) and let them at it. I've listened to his arguments over and over again, repeated so many times. But he made his views clear and then succeeded into derailing the thread into bickering. This is why this will be my last post on the matter and we should let the thread go on as intended.
    [CENTER][B]Amasha -[/B] [COLOR=#008080]Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR] [B]- Evernight
    Lykena - [/B][COLOR=#b22222]Stalkers[/COLOR][B] - Evernight[/B]
    [/CENTER]

  23. #348
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    473
    @NickStern,
    Man, I seriously fail to understand what are you advocating here. Are you blaming the customers for they are unhappy with the product prices? Sorry you dont feel it, but the prices are way beyond any expectation.

    Customers have all the right to express their dissatisfaction with the services and prices. We already got a good example how massive customers uproar may change the deal (refference : RoR pre-purchase bundles) and I am expecting the same now. It won't happen in a week, maybe not in a month, but IF the customers are consistent in their decision NOT TO buy untill price drop we WILL SEE a price drop.

    I dont think this topic as big enough to get any more Turbine attention at the moment, but if we see (lets say) 2000+ posts from 1500+ unique users claiming they demand price drop, then maybe Turbine will notice it. And most likely they will consider it based on actual sales. As far as I can tell - on my server I have seen no more than 10 dyed horses.
    I hunt. I kill.

    Warden by destiny, Hunter in the heart.

  24. #349
    /signed
    Its a bit of a joke when you can unlock a whole region of quests, dungeons and deeds for EVERY character for the same price as ONE dye pack for ONE character. Far too expensive.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022400000012a8a1/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  25. #350
    /signed

    Everyone I know find the prices outrageous, even for fluff (or especially for fluff, depending on the point of view). And the feeling is clearly expressed on all french fan-sites/blogs (by people that do not usually post here, but that nonetheless exist).
    Some more rare drops dyes/outfits could be a solution, as the possibility to buy just ONE dye.

    my two-cents

 

 
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload