We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

"disrespectful"

Quote Originally Posted by Timmer01 View Post
    Again, I'm in love with the game - so much so that I'm visiting the forums from work - but this price is disrespectful of the loyal player base. I don't expect a refund on the one palate I bought, but I won't be buying any more at anything close to the current price.
    Totally feel the same way. I like being sold to. I like sparkly shinies being waved in front of my face and pulling out my wallet while saying "give me give me". I don't like being disrespected and being made to feel like I'm being taken advantage of. That's what this pricing does.

BELLEDHEL: Guardian | BREGOLSUL: Hunter | GLANGALAD: Loremaster | BETHBELEG: Runekeeper | LINBALAN: Minstrel
    DOLENTUR: Burglar

MENELDOR : LANDROVAL : LAURELIN

Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    caving and shutting up is something I personally have a hard time doing....
    Same here. It actually angers me even more! :s

Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    Yes they already replied....
    I saw that reply. But was meaning a new, updated one. If they're at least considering our recommendations. Or even a "Sorry guys, it's not changing." will do. :s
    [CENTER][B]Amasha -[/B] [COLOR=#008080]Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR] [B]- Evernight
    Lykena - [/B][COLOR=#b22222]Stalkers[/COLOR][B] - Evernight[/B]
    [/CENTER]

Yes they already replied....
    This was a generic reply from a Quartermaster Dev attempting to justify something which, in the next few pages, has been utterly dismissed and disagreed with by the players. I agree with Lykena that even if Turbine are intending not to change the prices, then they should still have the courtesy to let us know, or even to say 'this is being looked into' - I'd even be satisfied with 'SoonTM'! But we need some real constructive comments from the community managers about how our comments are being considered - its not as if we're trying to reduce Turbine's income, because, as many have suggested, they will buy multiple palettes (sp?) if they become cheaper, therefore giving Turbine more money.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

rep added

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    This was a generic reply from a Quartermaster Dev attempting to justify something which, in the next few pages, has been utterly dismissed and disagreed with by the players. I agree with Lykena that even if Turbine are intending not to change the prices, then they should still have the courtesy to let us know, or even to say 'this is being looked into' - I'd even be satisfied with 'SoonTM'! But we need some real constructive comments from the community managers about how our comments are being considered - its not as if we're trying to reduce Turbine's income, because, as many have suggested, they will buy multiple palettes (sp?) if they become cheaper, therefore giving Turbine more money.
    +rep added

/signed

It's shocking how much they want. I paid for the expansion. I would expect to be able to have some customisation of my steed at the very least. The steed of the estemnet doesnt count. It's an ugly skin, and I never used it anyway. Any cosmetic for it should be account wide as well.

Come on Turbine, listen to your users and prove that this isnt a cynical attempt to grind money out of your userbase. I will not spend a single TP on my warsteed as things stand now.

Snott.

Hopefully a response is on its way...

This morning I sent a PM to Sapience - it may take some time for him to be able to look at this forum, as I appreciate he's very busy, but hopefully when he works his way through the messages, he will take a look at this and see the strength of our feeling about the issue. Keep up the good work everyone
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...

Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

This morning I sent a PM to Sapience - it may take some time for him to be able to look at this forum, as I appreciate he's very busy, but hopefully when he works his way through the messages, he will take a look at this and see the strength of our feeling about the issue. Keep up the good work everyone
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tirian-Hammerfist again."
    [CENTER][B]Amasha -[/B] [COLOR=#008080]Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR] [B]- Evernight
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Lykena View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tirian-Hammerfist again."
    Aww, cheers Have some back, you're advocating this cause strongly too

(Cheers for Bragor too )

Exclamation

I paid for the expansion. /Signed

I saw that reply. But was meaning a new, updated one. If they're at least considering our recommendations. Or even a "Sorry guys, it's not changing." will do. :s
    We already got a reply. How do you expect an "updated" one if there's nothing to update? Of course, they may well review their pricing after a few months or a year, but they're not going to do so in a week. When they do review prices, it's based on sale info, and they haven't had time enough to accumulate very much of that yet.

What it comes down to is that you and everyone else who are claiming to want a response from Turbine are in fact only looking for the response that says what you want to hear. You'll clearly disregard any response that says it's WAI. The fact that you're disregarding the response we already got is evidence enough of that.

Players may disagree and dismiss the answer....
    The answer however clearly stands.
    the fact a minotirty of players feel the answer is wrong or should change does not maean it will change.
    Disagree dismiss the answer all you want but do not hold your breath on price changes not with well
    over 2000 items in he store seeing price increases.

Just making the point that they responded... It was not what you wanted to hear but to
    continue to say they have ot responded is Wrong.

Oh and lets see they cut the price in half people buy 2 instead of one then complain the price is to high.
    They cut the price by 1/3 people buy 3 instead of one or two and complain the price is to high.
    How exactly does that translate into more income for turbine?
    Last edited by NickStern; Oct 25 2012 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keulelox View Post
    I paid for the expansion. /Signed
    Yes but what does that have to do with anything?
    Where in the list of expansion features do you see DYE packs and cosmetics included?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    We already got a reply. How do you expect an "updated" one if there's nothing to update? Of course, they may well review their pricing after a few months or a year, but they're not going to do so in a week. When they do review prices, it's based on sale info, and they haven't had time enough to accumulate very much of that yet.

What it comes down to is that you and everyone else who are claiming to want a response from Turbine are in fact only looking for the response that says what you want to hear. You'll clearly disregard any response that says it's WAI. The fact that you're disregarding the response we already got is evidence enough of that.
    My goodness, you sure like jumping to conclusions about what people want and don't want, don't you? Why don't you go back a few pages and see my first post... It was a reply to the QuartermasterL; and then I added my support to this thread. Since then this thread has gained pages in support of the petition. And we've heard nothing since then.

I understand they want to get information on sales. I'm not asking for a "YES WE'RE LOWERING PRICES" post, and knowing Turbine, I'm CERTAINLY not expecting one; all I'm asking for is a "yes" or "no" answer. Just an indication that this thread is being paid attention to since then, and not just shoved at the side and ignored.

The fact that you're disregarding the response we already got is evidence enough of that.
    Do some more research next time bud. :P
    [/CENTER]

I REAAAAAAAALLY want to Customize my warsteed.

At this time I would settle for the packs being split up into single colors and sold for 150 TP each.

I will not however pay 595 TP for 1 color I want and 3 I don't.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Yes but what does that have to do with anything?
    Where in the list of expansion features do you see DYE packs and cosmetics included?
    I thought it was to be expected they'd be included after emphasis on "customise your warsteed!".

What he's trying to say is that we've already paid quite a hefty amount of money for this expansion (especially the ones who bought the legendary expansion), and now they're asking us to pay more to get these dyes. Some should have at least been already free (just a few basic colours maybe).

I understand Turbine has to make money, but I'm not a F2P player or a premium player. I'm a VIP and have been so (minus an inactive year or so) since the launch of this game. After all the money I've put in this game, in subscription fees and expansions, I expected something different. :/ War-steeds have been the main focus of RoR (and they've done a fantastic job with them) but after all the money I've spent, they're asking me to spend more. Do I have to? No, I'm happily galloping along with my spotted warsteed, but I would like to have the opportunity at affordable prices as I appreciate change every now and then.
    [/CENTER]

I did get to ask about it during the Massively interview, where Sapience and a few other devs were present, and all I got in response was "this is not our area, we can't do anything about it, blah blah blah" type response. I don't know who to complain to about this sort of thing, but I don't think that PM'ing Sapience will do any good, as he won't be able to do much about it.
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

Why don't you go back a few pages and see my first post... It was a reply to the QuartermasterL; and then I added my support to this thread. Since then this thread has gained pages in support of the petition. And we've heard nothing since then.
    It's true that your first post here quoted him, but then it ignored what he said and just claimed you wanted the dyes cheaper anyway. That's essentially: "I don't like that answer, so give me a different one".

I'm not asking for a "YES WE'RE LOWERING PRICES" post, and knowing Turbine, I'm CERTAINLY not expecting one; all I'm asking for is a "yes" or "no" answer.
    So you're not asking for a yes, but you are asking for a yes or no answer, and have already shown an unwillingness to accept no.

Now, adding your voice to those asking for lower prices is fine. Just don't pretend that we're lacking a response from Turbine simply because you didn't like the response.

I thought it was to be expected they'd be included after emphasis on "customise your warsteed!".

What he's trying to say is that we've already paid quite a hefty amount of money for this expansion (especially the ones who bought the legendary expansion), and now they're asking us to pay more to get these dyes. Some should have at least been already free (just a few basic colours maybe).

I understand Turbine has to make money, but I'm not a F2P player or a premium player. I'm a VIP and have been so (minus an inactive year or so) since the launch of this game. After all the money I've put in this game, in subscription fees and expansions, I expected something different. :/ War-steeds have been the main focus of RoR (and they've done a fantastic job with them) but after all the money I've spent, they're asking me to spend more. Do I have to? No, I'm happily galloping along with my spotted warsteed, but I would like to have the opportunity at affordable prices as I appreciate change every now and then.
    So you assumed based on facts not in evidence.... Not Turbines Fault.

Cosmetics are Pure Fluff no impact on game play they are exactly the type of thing that belongs in the store.
    They are the best way for Turbine to make money with out impacting the playability of the Game.

Being VIP is not where turbine makes the largest profit.
    F2P and premium players tend to pay more when items are ala cart.
    That is the whole point of F2P models. VIP's that expect everything to be included at the
    low monthly subscription rate are a drain on resources and thats why they have to pay
    for the extras as well.

Vip gets you exactly what Turbine has always said VIP gets since the F2P Model.
    Unrestricted access to content meaning the areas quests skirms raids.
    Turbine never said VIP gets free access to cosmetics and other fluff.

It's true that your first post here quoted him, but then it ignored what he said and just claimed you wanted the dyes cheaper anyway. That's essentially: "I don't like that answer, so give me a different one".

So you're not asking for a yes, but you are asking for a yes or no answer, and have already shown an unwillingness to accept no.
    Do you always do what you're told? Do you always agree with everything they tell you to? Do you never speak up against things you disagree with? That is what I did. I didn't agree, and I voiced it. Now, whether or not he agrees with my disagreement is up to him and his right to. If he disagrees and pushes the arguement aside, then that's fine. I said what I disagreed with. End of.

Now, adding your voice to those asking for lower prices is fine. Just don't pretend that we're lacking a response from Turbine simply because you didn't like the response.
    I said it lacked an *updated* reply. Difference.
    [/CENTER]

So you assumed based on facts not in evidence....
    And what about the fact that dyes since their production WERE always producible and acquirable in-game?

Did anyone *PRIOR TO BETA* really expect them to sell them to the exclusion of an in-game production method after having been a key part of the cosmetic systems which has been one of lotro's best features for YEARS?

Certainly turbine didn't announce this impending change.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

So you assumed based on facts not in evidence.... Not Turbines Fault.

Cosmetics are Pure Fluff no impact on game play they are exactly the type of thing that belongs in the store.
    They are the best way for Turbine to make money with out impacting the playability of the Game.

Being VIP is not where turbine makes the largest profit.
    F2P and premium players tend to pay more when items are ala cart.
    That is the whole point of F2P models. VIP's that expect everything to be included at the
    low monthly subscription rate are a drain on resources and thats why they have to pay
    for the extras as well.

Vip gets you exactly what Turbine has always said VIP gets since the F2P Model.
    Unrestricted access to content meaning the areas quests skirms raids.
    Turbine never said VIP gets free access to cosmetics and other fluff.
    I never expect free stuff as a VIP. I know exactly what I'm getting with my sub and why I pay it. All I ask for is more sensible prices.

As I said in my other post, fluff does not, and will not, affect my gameplay.

And again - all we're doing is asking for a bit more choice. If they won't lower the prices at least break them up into individual colours and charge the current price of 150TP each. Why is it such an inconvenience to you?

Edit: ALSO, as a BETA player I saw that the dyes were available in store. But they cost 1 TP each... I expected them to be in store (albeit not all of them - maybe some options in game) but not so expensive.
    [/CENTER]

I said it lacked an *updated* reply. Difference.
    There will not be an updated reply to an answer given just a couple days ago.
    There is not enough evidence yet that the price point is wrong.
    For the few posting here demanding a lower price how many have happily purchased the dye Packs.
    If they do lower the price do they give refunds?
    Do they Just ignore those that find it unfair that they paid more?
    Prices changes will not come for a very long time if at all.
    They will go on sale in maybe 6 months like everything else from expansions do.
    Perhaps you should save your TP until then.

Expecting a change after just a few days is well silly.

And again - all we're doing is asking for a bit more choice. If they won't lower the prices at least break them up into individual colours and charge the current price of 150TP each. Why is it such an inconvenience to you?

Not an incovenienc to me I could care a less about dye packs mount colors.

It is an inconvenience to the DEVS however.
    To cahnge the functionality to break them up from packs to individual items takes time and resource.
    In reality if they did that the individual price would be higher just like everything else in the store.
    You get per item discounts for buying quantity.
    The mount dyes are a permenant ability to change back and forth not a one use consumable.
    It is actually like getting multiple Mounts and a much lower price then a Mount Usually costs
    Clearly that is fair and already a huge TP discount.
    Really the price is not that bad considering the development that went into creating the abilit
    to change back and forth on a Whim.
    Last edited by NickStern; Oct 25 2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: broken quote

Players may disagree and dismiss the answer....
    The answer however clearly stands.
    the fact a minotirty of players feel the answer is wrong or should change does not maean it will change.
    Disagree dismiss the answer all you want but do not hold your breath on price changes not with well
    over 2000 items in he store seeing price increases.

Just making the point that they responded... It was not what you wanted to hear but to
    continue to say they have ot responded is Wrong.

Oh and lets see they cut the price in half people buy 2 instead of one then complain the price is to high.
    They cut the price by 1/3 people buy 3 instead of one or two and complain the price is to high.
    How exactly does that translate into more income for turbine?
    So many things here that misguided... Both in this post and the one above.

The first point that you made - 'a minority of players feel the answer is wrong or should change does not mean it will change' - I've got a couple of points to make about this:

1) Eight pages of players (minus about 2/3 comments in the vein of yours) have said that they disagree with the pricing of these dye bundles. If we look at two more pages than this, we get to the level that complained about the RoR preorder costs, and the lack of value for money there. The community was listened to, and things were changed, so I don't think you can say this is a minority of players. Yes, 8 pages of posts is not a lot compared to the entirety of those in the game, but I reckon less than half of those ever read the forums, and half of those ever post, and 8 pages of interest on a topic shows that it is important.

2) Look at the type of forum posters that are posting here. While there are some people who post on many things, and could losely be described as forum lurkers (no insult intended), there are also many people with between 1 and 50 posts, and many of them have the title 'Just Got Here'. These are people who are breaking their silence on an issue that clearly means a lot to them - they have seen a problem which they disagree with, and have actively come on to these forums for the first time to search for the issue and then support a petiton which aims to change these prices.

So to summarise that bit, basically this isn't a minority of players, player pressure has been shown to change things before, and that a wide spectrum of players are supporting this petition.

Now for the next bit I take issue with...

'Oh and lets see they cut the price in half people buy 2 instead of one then complain the price is to high. 'They cut the price by 1/3 people buy 3 instead of one or two and complain the price is to high. How exactly does that translate into more income for turbine?'

At the moment, the vast majority of players on this thread have said that they will not be buying ANY dyes. So that currently = 0 money for Turbine. If the prices were halved, then players said they would buy 1 pack for instance, so money for Turbine now = ~295TP. Just want to draw your attention to this NickStern, that 295TP > 0. If we do the dividing by 3, then ~200TP is also > than 0. So therefore, Turbine are making MORE money. If we also take another suggestion from players, that colours should be divided up individually, then each dye is say, 150TP (though I'd argue this is still too much if not account wide). For this lower cost, people will pick and choose their favourite dyes (say 4, the same size as a dye pack for the same result for Turbine, of 600TP), but more people will spend. And the difference here is between 100 people buying a dye pack for 600TP, and 1000 people buying four different dyes, either for the same cumulative price of 600TP, or buying a dye pack for ~295TP. So with these rough numbers, 600TPx100 = 60,000TP (and however much money Turbine make for people buying TP), but 295x1000 = 295,000, which is considerably more.

I think above I have illustrated how the prices can be cut, but Turbine can still make money.

Ok, next point, based around: 'Just making the point that they responded... It was not what you wanted to hear but to
    continue to say they have ot responded is Wrong'.

Regarding this, we have accepted that there has been a response, but we are saying that this response came before the points that we have made - in any good debate, you do not simply state your case and then refuse to respond to other arguments. You reply, and explain, point by point, why these ideas are not viable. And this has not been done.

Now... for the next poster...

'We already got a reply. How do you expect an "updated" one if there's nothing to update? Of course, they may well review their pricing after a few months or a year, but they're not going to do so in a week. When they do review prices, it's based on sale info, and they haven't had time enough to accumulate very much of that yet.

What it comes down to is that you and everyone else who are claiming to want a response from Turbine are in fact only looking for the response that says what you want to hear. You'll clearly disregard any response that says it's WAI. The fact that you're disregarding the response we already got is evidence enough of that.'

Again, this post really missed the point in several ways.

1) 'How do you expect an "updated" one if there's nothing to update?'

An update response is needed because the responses that we have given since have not been replied to in a sufficient manner, with point by point reasoning as to why their pricing structure is still reasonable.

2) 'they may well review their pricing after a few months or a year, but they're not going to do so in a week. When they do review prices, it's based on sale info, and they haven't had time enough to accumulate very much of that yet.'

This is the part of your post which I most agree with, that in a week we are hoping too much to believe that the pricing structures will change so quickly. However, with my previous example of the RoR preorder thread, that was changed within a month after the community protested, and your longer timescales are just not backed up by precedent. And I expect that if the community is drawing attention to this issue now, that some of the Turbine team will be at work assessing the prices and the sales figures, whether or not it comes to the conclusion we hope for.

3) Now for the most utterly patronising part of your post...

'What it comes down to is that you and everyone else who are claiming to want a response from Turbine are in fact only looking for the response that says what you want to hear. You'll clearly disregard any response that says it's WAI. The fact that you're disregarding the response we already got is evidence enough of that.'

Its almost beyond belief how conceited the last sentence is. Simply because we believe that more rationalisation of the reasons for pricing is needed, you assume that we will just disregard any response that Turbine give us? That is utter rubbish. If Turbine give good, reasoned arguments as to why they are not going to be reducing the costs, then I will understand and I will stop pestering them. If Turbine can honestly say that they are making money on these dye prices and that they do not need the posters in these forums to buy the dyes, and do not want their custom, then I will have to accept that. But we have seen no such response so far, and until we do, I am not prepared to let the issue drop.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast