We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
    My experience was similar to many stories already posted here and elsewhere on LOTRO fan sites - as soon as I got my war steed I opened the store panel to set about customising it and was horrified at the price of the colour packs and the fact they are per character.

As I had a good number of tp put aside especially to spend on my war steed I bit the bullet and bought 2 hide/hair colour packs. But, I cancelled my plan to invest in some equipment dye packs as it just isn't value for money and there is a limit to how much I am willing to be ripped off!

I've also purchased one accessory and one tail for my steed even though these are still rather exorbitantly priced compared to character cosmetic pieces. However, one should remember that these steed cosmetic gear items don't take up vault or wardrobe space so there is one small and less obvious consolation for collectors of cosmetics (then again, they can't be shared across characters via the wardrobe so even that small consolation is shot down in flames!)

The thing is though, I still have 1,200 tp sitting in my account, unspent, that was part of my initial 'war steed budget'. It is likely to remain unspent for some time because I really don't feel I'd get value for money throwing any more points at my steed - certainly not from buying dye bundles.

Incidentally I'm curious about what happened to the excellent and high quality steed cosmetic pieces that could be purchased individually during beta (I particularly liked the "Marauder" set). They seem to have been replaced by the rather ho-hum Wold, Norcorofts, etc. bundles.

I can't really understand Turbine's marketing policy with war steed cosmetics at all. Surely the time to cash in on initial enthusiasm for war steeds is NOW, so why isn't the store brimming with lots of individual pieces of gear and INDIVIDUAL DYES at prices of like 100-250 tp each? It isn't as if the gear doesn't already exist, as we saw it in beta (not to mention selling existing class and Rohan regional steed pieces individually). That stuff would be flying out the door I'm sure if it was available, unbundled and at prices in line with other game content.

I for one would have spent my entire 4,000 tp steed budget already if I had a great choice of items and dyes at sensible prices. In fact I'd most likely have spent my entire budget and still be drooling over other pieces and weighing up if my credit card could take another hit!

Without doubt the RoR expansion is fantastic and I'm enjoying it immensely. My ONLY disappointment is the inability to make the most of a much touted "customise your war steed" feature because of the lack of a full range of steed gear coupled with the senselessly over inflated pricing/bundling.

/signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203000000203884/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    Wow, now on 7th page of people who for the most part totally agree, but Turbine isn't listening. What do we need to do to get them to listen to us? By the way, I started this post in the General forum (because more people read that, in my opinion) and now it's been moved to Store Feedback. /sigh. No big deal. I just wish they would listen to their fans.
    To be fair, we can't say whether Turbine is listening or not. Being mum on the situation doesn't indicate one way or the other. That said it sure would be nice if we saw a bluename say "hey we see this and we're considering options", or even a flat out "we've heard you but no plans to make changes at this time".

Quote Originally Posted by Holmaar View Post

Incidentally I'm curious about what happened to the excellent and high quality steed cosmetic pieces that could be purchased individually during beta (I particularly liked the "Marauder" set). They seem to have been replaced by the rather ho-hum Wold, Norcorofts, etc. bundles.
    I would imagine we'll see them soon. I just can't imagine they would goo to the trouble of having the art folks create those awesome cosmetics to never offer them.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

I'm not wildly enthusiastic about purchasing cosmetics but thought I would check out the store to see what can be had for our brand new warsteeds. At these prices, there is no way I will fork over a single TP. Nearly 600 TP might be ok for an account wide pack, but for a single character, no. Not a chance. I have my Eastenment steed cosmetics that I got along with the expansion. Looks just fine to me, so I will make do with that. A couple of my characters have won class steeds, so those options are also available or will be eventually.

/signed

I don't feel there is anthing further that I can add to this petition, that has not already been said, suffice it to say that I fully support the reduction of the war-steed-cosmetic prices. In particular, I agree with two points: single-colour purchase options, and account-wide access for colour purchases.

As a note to the Devs/business managers:

When you end up letting down one of the most passionate supporters of your in-game cosmetic system, someone who has also been an advocate of your in-store cosmetic system, it may just be time to take another look at what you are attempting to accomplish, and the way in which you are attempting to accomplish it: http://cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com/2...hades-of-grey/

I do wish to thank you for producing a wonderful and enjoyable expansion, which RoR has proven to be, however I do hope, along with all here, that you will sincerely address this unfortunate issue.

Thank you

Looking at the "what does your war-steed look like" thread as well as what I'm seeing in game - I think the war-steed customisation options are selling pretty well at the moment.

/signed
    Account wide would be doable at that price... One character? Fuuuu.... No.
    Not that crazy.
    Main:
    Elethahil - 99 Champion, Landroval (After 10/13/15) also 50 Champion, Arkenstone

It's the squeaky wheel that gets fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    I just wish they would listen to their fans.

I am thinking there could be several reasons why they haven't listened to us. Either 1) Many people are sucking it up and buying these anyway. Perhaps because they don't know that it's not account wide, or they just really want them or have the turbine points to blow. 2) Not enough people are complaining about it. 7 pages, and still not enough people? 3) We haven't gotten their full attention yet.

So how do we fix this? I don't want people to boycott the game or the store (I would go insane without being able to play for at least a little bit every day!), but we need a way to get this message out further. We need a way to make them listen and respond. 1 tiny little message from QuarterMasterL isn't going to cut it. We need to get their attention to this matter. But how?
    We need to make noise in other places besides this forum. Forums are an awesome way of containing conversations and siloing negative feedback. We need to do the same thing here but into environments where Turbine doesn't have control i.e. facebook/twitter.

For myself, I just want the courtesy of a response justifying these prices. This is an awesome game and it has a fantastic community that more often than not wants to be onside with Turbine. A lot of us really want to throw money at lotro because we're really engaged with this world. For those reasons alone we deserve the courtesy of a response to the concerns we have all raised. That's why I posted this earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bragor_Sul View Post
    If you're on twitter - please retweet this.
    The link directly to the tweet is: https://twitter.com/beriahim/status/259502974412414976

Rick Heaton (Sapience) seems like a good guy and I thought very carefully before engaging him and promoting others to do the same. However, as community manager I do feel the buck stops with him in terms of communication to the player base and I personally look to him to be our champion and liason. I'd be content for a little while if he simply said "Hey guys - we've heard your concerns and we're looking into it." At least we would know Turbine weren't ignoring us (page 8 on this thread!!). A little bit of respect and courtesy goes a long way.

BELLEDHEL: Guardian | BREGOLSUL: Hunter | GLANGALAD: Loremaster | BETHBELEG: Runekeeper | LINBALAN: Minstrel
    DOLENTUR: Burglar

MENELDOR : LANDROVAL : LAURELIN

absolutely ridiculous, I will spend my TP for something more useful.

/signed

Warsteeds and their customization was a major selling point. Now after I spend 70$ only to be told the color customization their producer made tons of videos about isn't included in the price is insulting at best. 1 or 2 free colors wouldn't hurt that bad your income Turbine!
    The comparison with Premium Wallet was very good - 995 TP spend in an eye-blink without any hessitation for something useful and account wide against 595 TP on a 4 collors of which I want 1 for 1 character only... NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! I will save those TP for next expantion becouse I feel once again cheated by Turbine and I am very hessitant on spending any more real life money for their products.
    I hunt. I kill.

Warden by destiny, Hunter in the heart.

/signed

I was so looking forward to the warsteeds cosmetics options, and had even bought some TP in preparation. But I just can't justify buying the hide colours for those ridiculous prices. Now I'm also happy I didn't buy the class steeds, I would feel cheated not to be able to get the same appearance on my warsteed, the steed of night doesn't look like a steed of night without the black hide.

I guess I'll just save those TP and buy the next expansion with them, instead of using cash. Too bad Turbine, with reasonable prices, I'd actually have spent them on fluff instead.

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    The pricing for the war-steed dyes is based on the fact that they are not consumable items. You are purchasing the ability to permanently unlock the color options for your steeds on a particular character. So you will be able to switch your colors as often as you like on that character.
    I'm pretty ticked off about the cost of the dyes.
    Dwarrowdelf Server - Elthorik 85 CPT, Throryn 85 CHA, Dwaldin 85 GRD, Durlag 85 MIN, Wargstalker 85 HNT, Piestalker 68 BRG

co-signed

Sign

And that may help: Don't purchase and they will lower the costs.

signed , such a pity about this

signed

signed

My understanding when I was paying the full price for the expansion in advance was that the war-steeds could be customized. Well, yeah, okay, they are. But there was *never* any mention that every single color palate would be nearly 600 TP. As a VIP I get the 500 TP per month, but for a single character getting all the color choices would mean a year's worth of TP ... and that's just for ONE CHARACTER.

Love the game. Totally addicted. This is not a deal breaker. But I bought one single color palate for my first war-steed and that's going to be it. On all of my other characters (nine in all) I'm not going to do it at all. It's not worth it.

So let's look at the math. Assume the color palates were 100 TP apiece. I'd probably buy two or three palates per character. Let's go low and say two. So 200 TP per character times 9 characters is 1,800 TP. That's three times more than Turbine is going to get out of me at the current price. If I had three palates each that'd be 2,700 TP and frankly I'd probably do that because I like to switch things up periodically.

Again, I'm in love with the game - so much so that I'm visiting the forums from work - but this price is disrespectful of the loyal player base. I don't expect a refund on the one palate I bought, but I won't be buying any more at anything close to the current price.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmer01 View Post
    So let's look at the math. Assume the color palates were 100 TP a piece. I'd probably buy two or three palates per character. Let's go low and say two. So 200 TP per character times 9 characters is 1,800 TP. That's three times more than Turbine is going to get out of me at the current price. If I had three palates each that'd be 2,700 TP and frankly I'd probably do that because I like to switch things up periodically.
    That is exactly my situation as well. With single colour options or if the packages were account wide, Turbine would be ransacking my pockets right now.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Please! Seperate the color packs at least and let us chose which ones to buy! My Lore master is a horse collector and I really feel like I'm riding an unfinished model,( thats what it looks like to me) . I really can't see paying almost 600 TP for 4 colors that are basically useless in the current configuration. Sure lots of people have lots of money to spend in game, but a lot of us don't. Give us a break please and on the subject of war horses, can we ever expect to see the Minas Ithel gear??? so Signed and signed!

Same with me. I would have bought several steed colors already, but at the current price? I have spent 0 TP on it.
    C'mon Turbine, be rational and think what would net you more profit!
    Chickening Around the LotRO Webcomic

I wonder if we're ever gonna get a reply for this... I'm getting really impatient. It's been a week or so? And still nothing. Are we being ignored in hopes we'll just cave in and shut up about it?
    [CENTER][B]Amasha -[/B] [COLOR=#008080]Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR] [B]- Evernight
    Lykena - [/B][COLOR=#b22222]Stalkers[/COLOR][B] - Evernight[/B]
    [/CENTER]

/signed

Account-wide would be OK at that price. At current prices, I'll stick with the default colour...
    Co-Leader of The Osgiliath Guard, Arkenstone (ex Elendilmir)
    Osdor, Osdur, Osdrina, etc...

Agree that some substantive response on this issue would be nice.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000013f809/01005/signature.png]Eikerton[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lykena View Post
    I wonder if we're ever gonna get a reply for this... I'm getting really impatient. It's been a week or so? And still nothing. Are we being ignored in hopes we'll just cave in and shut up about it?
    caving and shutting up is something I personally have a hard time doing....
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

agreed

I totally agree but if they HAVE to keep them at this price maybe make them for all characters instead of just one. that way i would feel a whole lot better about paying such an outrageous price for a color pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykena View Post
    Yes they already replied....

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    The pricing for the war-steed dyes is based on the fact that they are not consumable items. You are purchasing the ability to permanently unlock the color options for your steeds on a particular character. So you will be able to switch your colors as often as you like on that character.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast