We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reximus View Post
    Going to agree that the cost is too high with so little control. Should be account wide and we should get to choose what 4 colors we get.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Sig, thank you for your support on this issue - having a fan site which the LOTRO community managers have praised themselves disagreeing with the costs adds even more weight to our argument, and hopefully will reinforce the issue so that Turbine has to act.
    I'm just glad to see there is a good number of other players who feel the same way I do. I've been waiting for this (warsteeds and mounted combat) for five years. The system has a few kinks to work out and some polishing that needs to be done but all in all I love it. I just wish I could afford to do what I want with it. I've got enough VIP Turbine points right now for almost two color packs, but quite frankly I'll be damned if I am going to spend all of it on 2 colors I want and 6 I don't. The value of a single wanted color and 3 that will go untouched is not worth 595 points.

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    Mentioned it briefly up thread, but I know over a dozen people who have claimed to purchase this (not counting mentions in this thread)... and I don't know that many people in the grand scheme of things. I think, if they could, they would comment on how many people have actually bought it at its current price. that is the determining factor of its cost.

Unfortunately, we aren't a focus group. Our votes come from our purchases.... and I think people are still voting, YES! to "$7.50 for 4 colors for 1 toon!"
    Granted I have no way of really knowing whats going on, but due to my interest in the warsteeds system I have been paying a LOT of attention to other players steeds as I see them out in the Elendilmir server. You know what I am seeing? A horsepoop-ton of standard grey horses. Some of them have class steed gear, some are running the quest barding you can get. Others with the hide and orc head on a pike bits you can get from warbands and on rare occasion a store bought hide. I have noticed or witnessed absolutely ZERO warsteeds in any color other than standard grey (at least it's not blonde-sorrel!)
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

I said yes to one color pack and said no to being VIP this month. When a simple color pack for one character becomes more economical (7.99 for 600 vs 500 for 14.99 VIP) than subscribing there's a problem there. They've created an either/or situation. I will have to wait to afford a color for my second 75+ character. Forget all my 65+ alts that will get there some day. If they had been account-wide then I could see more of an investment. Same with the warsteed cosmetic dyes. Saying "but you can dye them over and over on that character for that price" only means I can dye the only warsteed I will ever have the only color I like out of that pack repeatedly. What would be the point?
    [center][b][color=#33CCFF]Pointy stick flinger of d00m. (tm)[/color]
    [color=#999999])))[/color][color=#cc9966]===========[/color][color=#ccffff]}>[/color][/b][/center]

[center][color=#ff33cc]Avabella 65 Hobbit Guardian | Avawyn 65 Human Warden | Elenath 65 Elf Hunter | Elnauriel 65 Elf Lore Master | Rosalily 65 Hobbit Warden | Ariabela Hobbit Minstrel | Eluiniel Elf Runekeeper[/color][/center]

Start off high, watch how many people purchase it, then lower the price and claim it's because of listening to feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by isbjorn View Post
    I am quite sure Turbine employees are following this thread. I am also quite sure WB will not allow them to comment on pricing policies.

WB and their extreme (IMHO) "nothing negative can ever be said or acknowledged about our product" policy hasn't allowed any comment about any of the other issues that RoR has created either.
    This kind of antipathy is how no change comes about, belief that protesting about something will never lead to change. A clear example of where community ire has changed pricing structures is in the RoR preorder packages - granted the costs didn't change, but extra TP were brought in to make the costs seem more worthwhile.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Taken for a ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    I'm just glad to see there is a good number of other players who feel the same way I do. I've been waiting for this (warsteeds and mounted combat) for five years. The system has a few kinks to work out and some polishing that needs to be done but all in all I love it. I just wish I could afford to do what I want with it.
    I'm with you. It really doesn't matter how you look at it, the pricing is bad for the community and it's bad for Turbine. Not only do they loose money, but they loose respect, good will and engagement from members of the community.

Let's be clear - I'm not anti-store. I love it. In fact, I'm probably a wallet warrior more than the next guy. But pricing like this makes me feel like I can't trust Turbine to be fair and that makes me question all my other spending in this game.

BELLEDHEL: Guardian | BREGOLSUL: Hunter | GLANGALAD: Loremaster | BETHBELEG: Runekeeper | LINBALAN: Minstrel
    DOLENTUR: Burglar

MENELDOR : LANDROVAL : LAURELIN

I spend a fair amount of money on turbine points, but I agree that the pricing on the colour packs is insane. I've been puzzled about the pricing in the lotro store for a while now. In my opinion Turbine is completely misjudging the concept of a micro transaction system and the price elasticity of the items in the lotro store. I think a significant price drop would lead to a significant improvement in their total turnover.

Also as there is no per unit investment associated with selling a digital item, I really don't understand what Turbine's plan is here. If you have an enormous database of items, which they have, why the hell aren't all of them in the store for nice small prices? Do you think I'm going to ride all the way around the map for a plain cloak if I can buy it for 20 to 40 tp's? I simply have better things to do with my time. At the moment I am willing to spend points on nice fun little things, but there aren't any. There's nothing available in the price range I would casually buy. That's a marketing failure. Here's the customer, me, I have TP's to spend but the lotro store doesn't have anything for me to buy. The marketing for the lotro store needs fixing, Turbine is shooting themselves in the foot.

Just the fact that I can buy items from the comfort of standing by the vault keeper has been enough to have me make many purchases from the lotro store, the only thing that has been stopping me is the pricing. It was always a bit crazy high, but the warsteed colour packs are just insane. Someone worked out that getting all colour packs for one character will cost more than 7000tp, which works out to roughly the cost of the RoR expansion if I'm correct? The sense of scale has been lost.

So fix the colour packs, do some solid experimentation on the price elasticity of the pricing in the lotro store, and make sure you can buy at the very least all the standard items in the game in the lotro store for friendly little prices.

8. The 7000TP doesn't just match the price of the expansion but the Legendary edition.

I've always felt that everything in the store is twice as expensive as it should be.

The horse dyes are just on the same level of absurdity as the Class Mount prices.
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

Angry Lower the prices for normal play.

I truly cannot understand what the devs were thinking.

I rush to Rohan with my minie and bought one of the black dye pack. Next day i went there with my lm and after getting my new warsteed was waiting to change the colour of the steed. But ofc there wasnt nothing to change there and amazed and angry i relog to my minie and realized then that the colour was for one character only !.

The excuse that Quartermaster had given us is invalide for me because i cannot dye my mount in the 4 differents colours at the same time can i ? so i spent around 600 TB for having one colour only since the others ones cannot be used.
    Added to that i would need to spend even more TB for the rest ? 30 $ for having a steed that i would like and 70 $ for having all the colour option ??????on ONE CHARACTER ONLY ???? . Its simply insane.
    Dear Turbine who is reponsible for setting those prices ??. I ve already paid around 68 euros which would be 70 $ to have the legendary expansion, and ive only got some fluff since the Warsteed and epic quests are opened to everyone in game.

I am a Lifer but i have invest a lot into the cosmetic system i do love and it saddened me that i would never be able to costumize my warsteed the way i like it since i already got 3 characters galloping in Rohan.

The dyes are simply put only colour and nothing more; there isnt any production cost to make those.

Lower the price to 400 and make them account wide or let them be 600 but at last accountwide.
    Allowed us to pick the colour we like and buy those separately.

And why arent the class steed looks no sold in the store separatly: ive like the saddle of the burg but its pointless to buy the mount for 2000 Tb for just a saddle. Why couldnt those elements not be sold separately in store ?.

ah forgot SIGNED.

please lower the price or make the colours accountwide

Dye Pack Price

I agree, in Beta I loved the fact I could change the color of my steed and when I got the expansion I see the price! I was really suprised that turbine would charge so much. I have no problem paying for cosmetic, and I spend alot of turbine points, but if you are charging 595 points for 4 colors then make it account wide, that is fair or, lower the price to a fair amount, or another idea let us pick the four colors. Also noticed that there is a drop appearance of the spotted horse from doing warbands, but it is rare and the only one dropping is the spotted horse? Maybe you could throw in a few other appearances, soon everyone will have a spotted horse instead of the grey LOL.
    Just my opinion on this issue.

Here's what really rubs me the wrong way about the fact that these cosmetics aren't free/obtainable through in-game methods:

1) Dyes for players are available through in-game methods. Scholars can create dyes and this is a part of the auction house economy.
    2) Horse customization was obtainable in-game prior to this expansion. No, you could not sit there and decide you wanted this body piece, this head piece, this color of the horse - but you could decide "I want to do this deed for this horse" or "I want to get kindred with this faction so I can purchase this horse with in-game currency."

So you have 2 aspects of this game that are taken away with this expansion that is already lacking end-game content. I understand the instance cluster has yet to come out, but I haven't been playing obsessively since the ROR launch and I'm already 81.5.

Allowing for these concepts of crafted dyes and horse customization to change and become store-only purchases is a shameless money grab that could've been used as a way to enhance the expansion. For example: people say you can get a couple custom skins from killing warbands - but that you CANNOT get what is ONLY offered in the store. This is a missed opportunity in that people would have something to look forward to at 85 besides waiting on instance clusters - riding around slaying warbands to further customize your horse. Why wouldn't you implement it in this way? Because you are more concerned with players spending TPs than you are with the quality of their experience.

A second example: The intuitive assumption when you hear that you can customize your WS in ROR with dyes is that the dye system would work the same as it does with your mountless toon. This is how the dye system works in this game. Scholars, I would assume, can make a decent amount of gold selling dyes at the AH. But now, all of a sudden, the dye system changes conceptually for customizing your WS, making me (as a VIP) feel like I'm f2p. Why WOULDN'T you keep the system the same? Why WOULDN'T you make a scholar go out and work hard to farm popular dye recipes and be rewarded by selling horse dyes at the auction house? Because you are more concerned with players spending TPs than you are with the quality of their experience.

I tried thinking of a relevant analogy and all I could come up with is: When MoM came out, this would be the same as giving every class an identical legendary weapon, and the only way to change the skin would be to purchase it from the turbine store. Sure, weapon skins don't affect how your weapon performs but there was a conceptual standard set earlier in the game where various weapons dropped and had various skins.

Purchasing customization (when it is not otherwise available through in-game methods) of an in-game staple seems cheap and a little lore-killing to me. This stuff doesn't usually matter to me, because it's never usually an issue - but for me it's the principle. And allow for people to buy it in the store, I don't care - just make it available and attainable in-game as well. And I hope more people can see my point and agree with me that it's not enough to just ask for them to lower the price, but to implement an aspect to this $40+ expansion that enhances the quality of the end-game while we wait for instance pack and after.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008275f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Would personally pay up to 995 TP for the packs if they were account-wide. Obviously, others' budgets might vary. As it stands, I will pay absolutely nothing for them. Marketing fail, from my perspective.
    The navigation throughout the LotRO site is horrible. You can quote me on that.
    [color=green]You say "[i]Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn[/i]" like it's a bad thing...[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    I tried thinking of a relevant analogy and all I could come up with is: When MoM came out, this would be the same as giving every class an identical legendary weapon, and the only way to change the skin would be to purchase it from the turbine store. Sure, weapon skins don't affect how your weapon performs but there was a conceptual standard set earlier in the game where various weapons dropped and had various skins.
    I would actually spend TP if I could change my LI cosmetics. The Warden LIs are so boring. I have a level 42 Spear/Javelin crafted set that look so cool, but my high level Warden LI's are very meh.

Also, /signed. The WS cosmetic prices are to darn high!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000012f252/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed.

Won't be buying the color options at this price. Would be more interested in the things that have already been mentioned:
    - Paying for individual colors at a reduced price (not much into cosmetics, but do want a distinctive look for my toons)
    - Making the purchase account wide if it remains at the current amounts
    - Giving scholars the ability to craft war-steed dyes on some sort of guild cool down
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000002ed03/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Amelram - 85 Captain :: Angollos - 83 Minstrel

I would happily pay 150 TP per color per character for my cosmetics. I'd also be happy to pay 1500 TP for an account-wide unlock of all of the colors.

/signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000263f35/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The prices are really disappointing, and moreso that customization options are *only* available through the store. Very frustrating.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000cdefc/01002/signature.png]Kallistae[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Elgared View Post
    I would happily pay 150 TP per color per character for my cosmetics. I'd also be happy to pay 1500 TP for an account-wide unlock of all of the colors.

/signed
    QFE

If there were a bundle of all the packs that was account wide at a larger sum, I would entertain the notion of purchasing them all.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.

/signed
    Please listen Turbine! I would GLADLY pay to unlock colors if they were reasonably priced. In fact, the first thing I did after getting my War-steed was go to the store to check out the cosmetics... ...only to fall over in shock at the outrageous prices. From everything I am seeing in this thread you would make boatloads more cash by REDUCING your prices, or at the very least changing the war-steed cosmetic system to make it more user friendly. For example, selling the colors seperately.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001c3e40/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikepie44 View Post
    /signed
    Please listen Turbine! I would GLADLY pay to unlock colors if they were reasonably priced. In fact, the first thing I did after getting my War-steed was go to the store to check out the cosmetics... ...only to fall over in shock at the outrageous prices. From everything I am seeing in this thread you would make boatloads more cash by REDUCING your prices, or at the very least changing the war-steed cosmetic system to make it more user friendly. For example, selling the colors seperately.
    That is exactly what I did. Upon receiving my first steed on a live server I opened up the steed appearance panel and then immediately became shocked at the prices I was seeing when I went to color my steed. He's been OEM grey ever since.

I can't comment first hand, since other technical issues are making it so that I cannot play right now, but at the very least this should happen:

1. Purchased mounts NEED to have their original colors applied. It's nonsense that people with a steed as distinctive as the Steed of Night can't properly reproduce the look of their mounts.

2. Break up the color packs into more individual colors for those that want them.

3. Make the purchase account wide, or drasticly reduce the price.

Sounds like a huge money grab to me. And if previous posts are any indication, there is one thing this community HATES, it's the perception of a money grab. Keep prices reasonable for features and fluff however and you'll probably see an INCREASE in sales, that go beyond this insane type of pricing.
    [COLOR=cornflowerblue][/COLOR]

/signed

I'm not a cosmetics junkie, but I am a steed junkie, and I was greatly looking forward to the war-steed customization. I paid $70 for this expansion, as well as continually coughing up $10 a month for my VIP subscription. I agree with everyone else - either make the color packs account-wide, or sell the colors individually. Heck I've accepted paying 2,000 TP for the class steeds, I just make it a point to save up for them, but this is ridiculous. Here's hoping the Steed of the Captain is light grey...

Unhappy

/signed

So many people, especially Sig from warsteeds.com, have made excellent arguments for why these prices are too high and possible solutions to the problem. Until the prices are brought into a reasonable range, I will not be buying warsteed cosmetic colours or horse colours. This makes me very sad, since I was really, really looking forward to customizing my steeds for each of my nine characters (eventually). Now, not even my main will have the customized steed I dreamed about.
    [SIZE=2]On Landroval: [COLOR=#ee82ee]Larhanya 85 Elf Hunter[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Pimlia 75 Hobbit Minstrel[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Rosimur 67 Dwarf Champion[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Marithafled 76 Woman Warden[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Mornuilos 38 Elf Rune-Keeper[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Edeline 24 Woman Lore-Master[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Dubrennil 85 Elf Guardian[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ffa07a]Adanathriel 43 Woman Captain[/COLOR] ~ [COLOR=#ee82ee]Spinellina 24 Hobbit Burglar[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Simply adding my voice to all the others.

I want this to be perfectly clear to Turbine and WB. The prices are too high. I will not _buy_ any Turbine Points for the purpose of buying horse colors. I will not use any subscripted Turbine Points to buy any horse color. I will not use any earned Turbine Points for any horse color at the current prices. (while the second two don't really hurt or help TUrbine, the first is the one I want them to understand)

Unless a change is made in the steed color pricing policy, I will not support in-game store warsteed related purchases with my points in any way. This is not an ultimatum, it is a choice.

I hope Turbine is seeing the data. All I see in game are plain grey steeds.

As an aside. I know many of my kinmates are also upset over the prices, and have not bought any colors. They are also unhappy with the lack of openess regarding purchased steeds and warsteed appearances. Several of them have bought steeds, and while they have the gear, their horses lack the appearance due to the horse color.

Please Turbine. Make things right. Lower the costs, or make them account wide. 600 tp is too steep.

Wow, now on 7th page of people who for the most part totally agree, but Turbine isn't listening. What do we need to do to get them to listen to us? By the way, I started this post in the General forum (because more people read that, in my opinion) and now it's been moved to Store Feedback. /sigh. No big deal. I just wish they would listen to their fans.

I am thinking there could be several reasons why they haven't listened to us. Either 1) Many people are sucking it up and buying these anyway. Perhaps because they don't know that it's not account wide, or they just really want them or have the turbine points to blow. 2) Not enough people are complaining about it. 7 pages, and still not enough people? 3) We haven't gotten their full attention yet.

So how do we fix this? I don't want people to boycott the game or the store (I would go insane without being able to play for at least a little bit every day!), but we need a way to get this message out further. We need a way to make them listen and respond. 1 tiny little message from QuarterMasterL isn't going to cut it. We need to get their attention to this matter. But how?
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast