We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    This is beyond ridiculous. Why are you charging me $40 then to require me to pay MORE money to unlock basic things already in the game? There's not a SINGLE steed color you can get by in game means- you have to buy all of them, which is then bound on a single character and doesn't apply to other parts of the steed. How do you seriously justify that?

Um, you people do realise that there are 6 free colour dye choices already in the game for war-steed outfits?

I think only two things need to be changed with the current pricing. It needs to be account-wide, and there needs to be at least one other alternative starting base colour for the horse skin.

/signed

Sold as singles
    Account wide

/signed

Actually I think that Turbine made a wrong decision: they should have swapped the prices for colours and skins. The colours / dyes should have been easily accessible and (relatively) cheap, but different skins (patterns) should have been made rare, some of them extremely rare, and (relatively) expensive.

Another way to alleviate the issue, in addition to the steps mentioned in many other posts, would be to unlock the same dye bundle for all horse parts ONCE, without making people buy the same bundle for each horse part separately.

Too late for the first option, but the second one might go a long way towards appeasing the customer base.
    Spiders in V1 Pre-B13: 8-legged menace. B13: 8-legged bait. B14: 8-legged trap... no more! B15/MoM: 8-legged *splat!*
    Spiders in V2
    B7: We cope. B8: FotM? B9: 8-legged menace.
    Spiders in V3
    B3: Mourning for my hatchlings.

Agree - Price is Outrageous

Ditto everyone else's comments here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnella View Post
    /signed

Actually I think that Turbine made a wrong decision: they should have swapped the prices for colours and skins. The colours / dyes should have been easily accessible and (relatively) cheap, but different skins (patterns) should have been made rare, some of them extremely rare, and (relatively) expensive.

Another way to alleviate the issue, in addition to the steps mentioned in many other posts, would be to unlock the same dye bundle for all horse parts ONCE, without making people buy the same bundle for each horse part separately.

Too late for the first option, but the second one might go a long way towards appeasing the customer base.
    /Signed to:
    Make dyes cheaper, skins account wide from store, and add both as crafted options-teal/purple for skins from forester and teal/purple dyes from scholars, recipes as in game drops, skins and dyes from loot. Everyone wins- the crafting, cosmetic and AH system gets a boost in game and the store get lots of volume micro-transactions from short termers and non-crafters.
    My horse will stay boring in it's pre-order trapping for a long time despite Cloudie-wan's post of her vivid Minstrel Warsteed and matching cosmetics in the cosmetic outfit thread.
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...28#post6484128

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Quote Originally Posted by RossMcColl2 View Post
    Um, you people do realise that there are 6 free colour dye choices already in the game for war-steed outfits?

I think only two things need to be changed with the current pricing. It needs to be account-wide, and there needs to be at least one other alternative starting base colour for the horse skin.
    Yes, everyone realises that, and we are grateful for small mercies. However the issue of this post is the inability to access any different horse skin or horse hair colours (which are two separate costs) for less than 1200TP.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

/signed

prices are too expensive. better spend the money in GW2

/signed
    I m agree with this petition. It s too expensive and it s an evil politic to don't let the choice between getting colors in game if you play and farm and with lotro store if u don't.
    I think this extension is a real fail with technical problems, the politic and cost of lotro store, and little things like u can't seat on chairs or item 's skins u loot (all are the same) or all little things that say "no more rp in lotro"... where is the soul of lotro ?

/signed

but the question for me is, can we get the colours ingame too, perhaps in the present boxes? If not they are much too expensive in my opinion. On the other hand, Turbine follows straight their way of overpricing the fluff like they do it before with the mounts
    [B][COLOR=#000000] PALIN Schwarzhammer R5-Zwergen Waffenmeister aus den Eisenbergen- MainChar[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#000000]
    [B][COLOR=Red]Server: DE Morthond[/COLOR] -[COLOR=Yellow] Twinks Grimholm(HPT), Ulcaban(JÄG), Hecthelion(HÜT)[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=Red]Sippe:[/COLOR] [URL="http://www.hdro-memorial.de/"]MEMORIAL[/URL][/B]
    [B][URL="http://community.codemasters.com/forum/sippenorganisation-und-rekrutierung-788/400007-morthond-wir-die-sippe-memorial-suchen-wieder-neue-mitstreiter.html"][B][COLOR=Red]Rekrutierung:[/COLOR] [/B][/URL][B][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?398317-Morthond-Wir-die-Sippe-Memorial-suchen-neue-Mitstreiter.html"]MEMORIAL SUCHT DICH[/URL][/B][/B]

Turbine raised a bunch of prices as well as starting the dye sets out at an outrageous price.

When will they learn that a lower price means more sales?

/signed Please bring the prices down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnella View Post
    So much misinformation in this thread, people ranting without understanding how it works.

For example I've bought the black/grey skin bundle. I can use that on both the main skin of the horse, and choose the hair colour out of those 4 colours I've bought.

Same with the dye packs, I've bought the red/orange dye pack and I can use any of those purchased colours on any of the parts that can be dyed.

My only issue is that it should definitely be accountwide.

Between the different base skin types you get as well, and the different appearance items, 6 different free colours. If you add one skin pack and one dye pack for 1200 TP you get:

- 4 different horse skin colours across different styles (plain/spotted etc.)
    - 4 different horse hair colours
    - 10 different dye colours for each horse cosmetic slot across different item styles

That's quite a range of permanent customisation choices for £10

So much misinformation in this thread, people ranting without understanding how it works.

For example I've bought the black/grey skin bundle. I can use that on both the main skin of the horse, and choose the hair colour out of those 4 colours I've bought.

Same with the dye packs, I've bought the red/orange dye pack and I can use any of those purchased colours on any of the parts that can be dyed.

Between the different base skin types you get as well, and the different appearance items, 6 different free colours. If you add one skin pack and one dye pack for 1200 TP you get:

- 10 different dye colours for each horse cosmetic slot across different item styles

Yes, but say I want the black dye, I have to pay £5 for the pack with the other 3 colour i dont like, on every character I have at 75+, so 5x5=£25 just to have my Charcters in the colour I want. And that's not even with the equipment dyes included. I'd be looking close to £50 to get the colour horse I want which is just shocking. Either make account wide, lower price, make single dyes available, or put in game because its clear anyone with the slight bit of sense can't be happy about this.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001d814f/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldoc87 View Post
    Yes, but say I want the black dye, I have to pay £5 for the pack with the other 3 colour i dont like, on every character I have at 75+, so 5x5=£25 just to have my Charcters in the colour I want. And that's not even with the equipment dyes included. I'd be looking close to £50 to get the colour horse I want which is just shocking. Either make account wide, lower price, make single dyes available, or put in game because its clear anyone with the slight bit of sense can't be happy about this.
    That's just basic levels of whinging though, it's a "I want the exact colour horse and accessories that match each of my characters for the lowest price possible" demand. Which is unrealistic.

You know full well that if it was just individual dye colours, everyone would just be buying the same ones and the rest of the colours wouldn't be touched. Very few people want 3 different brown shades of horse, they want black or white. And the same with the accessory colour, people are going to go black/white/primary colours just like they do for their armour.

Bundling 4 items together and charging a bundle cost for those 4 items (when most people only want 1 of the items) is one of the oldest marketing strategies in the world. And Turbine will be well aware if it works or not, and if it doesn't then they'll change it.

They should be account wide, because if you dye an armour piece you can share that with your other characters. So the same should be done for war-steed cosmetics. Again the obvious reason this hasn't been implemented at Live is to get more revenue from the people who want shiny cosmetics from the get go and are willing to pay extra to do so.

These arguments always boil down to "Turbine needs to make money" vs "Turbine are fleecing us". Ultimately the players are in control of what is on the store and what the prices are because they'll either pay them or they wont.

At the moment I have a horse with accessories that matches my character's look, and I have a wide range of options available if I want to change that look. And it cost me £10 to do so. So I'm happy.

As a VIP who invests$10 a month, but who has also purchased several hundred dollars worth of TP, I must admit that I find these four color packs to be a total joke. The truth is the best price is the one people are willing to pay. 595tp is obviously not what this community is willing to pay. In fact I would think that Turbine would make a lot more money by reducing the price significantly opening this up to a wider population that could afford it. I was going to purchase a pack because I thought it was all colors, but when I saw it was for four random colors I just started to laugh. Sometimes a company over evaluates their product and when it hits the open market it sinks. A product is only as valuable as the consumer is willing the pay.

My thoughts. if its got to be 595tp make it all of the colors not just 4. To me that sounds reasonable. I think there are 20 colors, at 595 tp that would be about 30 to per color. As it stands right now they are about 150 per color... Not happening.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000024388f/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Courage is found in the most unlikely places." J.R.R Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Osolep View Post
    In fact I would think that Turbine would make a lot more money by reducing the price significantly opening this up to a wider population that could afford it.
    Totally agree. With a lower prize or making them account wide I will spend money in 3...2...1...
    Flatline__/\____

*MAC PLAYER*

I think the horse color and appearance would be ok IF they would be availble for alll characters on that account.
    Or if we had only one color (and no pack of four) to buy - one color to the price of 145 for example.

But please, please change how the cosmetics work! I love the look of the saddle from the steed of the guardian. But I will not buy the whole steed for that! The armor sets were in single pieces too - why not the horse outfit? I guess there are much more players than only me who would like to customise ther steed like that: the saddle from the guardian steed, the gear from the hunters, the body from the champions... and so on
    zu Hause auf Belegaer

This is interesting and information which hadn't been made available to those of us who have been posting on the thread, so thank you for bringing it up - the way in which the bundles are set up seems to suggest that you have to buy both the hair colours and the skin colours, however I'm happy to take your word for it that this is not the case. However, if I am paying 1200TP for about 1/5 (still haven't noted how many dye packs there are ) of the customisation available, then I want this to be account wide as you said. And I still think that we should be able to access the dyes in game, without resorting to the store, in the same way that clothes dyes are craftable by scholars. The store should just be for CONVENIENCE, not for accessing things which have been promised in an expansion that many of us have bought the legendary edition of - 'Customize your warsteed!'

Both those things said, even if there were to be made account wide and not to be put in game, as I know Turbine won't want to sacrifice 60% of the money making potential (which I guess they would do if dyes were craftable in game, because only those with a higher level of disposable income would pay for the convenience), the basic costs should still be halved - so 295TP for a pack of 4, and this unlock is account shared. If this is done, then I think I personally (dunno bout others) can probably live with not having them craftable in the game.

While the reduced costs, and for the added concession of being account wide may seem a big leap, I have to point out that many people have said that EVEN IF 595TP was account shared they would not buy it, as 1) this is higher than VIP monthly amounts AND 2) if you purchase all sets at this current amount, you'll be above the price of expansions. To point out a basic principle again:

MORE SALES = MORE MONEY. Especially when we now have such a large F2P community who cannot afford to pay VIP, but will pay small amounts for things which interest them, and there is clearly continued interest in these dyes as the amount of responses to the thread has shown.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Oh, and when the devs/community managers finally regain conciousness from their epic gaming marathon (very impressive and worthwhile cause by the way), it would be lovely if one of them could possibly comment on the amount of people that are signing this thread, and begin the process to finding solutions, because as it is, the current pricing is not acceptable, and a comment from a dev/community manager would actually show we are being listened to.

This is true to an extent but there are many folks who will want ONE of the colors of a 4pack for the hide and another color from a different 4pack for the hair.

For me to make my hunter's steed the way I want it I have to buy 3 color packs. (It would only be two if the default color of the steed of the hunter cosmetics were the same dang color as they are on the standard steed - I could get away with not having to buy gear dye but would still need two color packs for the horse itself)...

So I am at 1785 points to spend to colorize ONE mount the way I want it.

I think I would be happy with just leaving the prices where they are but splitting the packs into singles @ 150 points each. Even if it were not account wide, I could swallow that price a whole lot easier as I wouldn't be paying for 3 colors I would not use.

If it were that way, I'd be more inclined to buy 2 colors for one character, 2 for another, and later another, and another and so on. With the current setup I wont buy any.
    Last edited by Sigram; Oct 22 2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    This is true to an extent but there are many folks who will want ONE of the colors of a 4pack for the hide and another color from a different 4pack for the hair.

For me to make my hunter's steed the way I want it I have to buy 3 color packs. (It would only be two if the default color of the steed of the hunter cosmetics were the same dang color as they are on the standard steed - I could get away with not having to buy gear dye but would still need two color packs for the horse itself)...

So I am at 1785 points to spend to colorize ONE mount the way I want it.

I think I would be happy with just leaving the prices where they are but splitting the packs into singles @ 150 points each. Even if it were not account wide, I could swallow that price a whole lot easier as I wouldn't be paying for 3 colors I would not use.

If it were that way, I'd be more inclined to buy 2 colors for one character, 2 for another, and later another, and another and so on. With the current setup I wont buy any.
    Sig, thank you for your support on this issue - having a fan site which the LOTRO community managers have praised themselves disagreeing with the costs adds even more weight to our argument, and hopefully will reinforce the issue so that Turbine has to act.

I agree as well, I can barely not afford it for one character let alone any other chars.

I'd like to support Turbine in what their doing but this is going to be a bit over the top .
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001be99d/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Signed!

I agree that the current costs of customization are not only hindered by their prices but the lack of account wide distribution once purchased.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000062a72/01007/signature.png]Yemon[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Oh, and when the devs/community managers finally regain conciousness from their epic gaming marathon (very impressive and worthwhile cause by the way), it would be lovely if one of them could possibly comment on the amount of people that are signing this thread, and begin the process to finding solutions, because as it is, the current pricing is not acceptable, and a comment from a dev/community manager would actually show we are being listened to.
    I am quite sure Turbine employees are following this thread. I am also quite sure WB will not allow them to comment on pricing policies.

WB and their extreme (IMHO) "nothing negative can ever be said or acknowledged about our product" policy hasn't allowed any comment about any of the other issues that RoR has created either.
    If you ain't dyin' then you ain't tryin'...
    [url]http://andurula.blogspot.com[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000013c508/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    it would be lovely if one of them could possibly comment on the amount of people that are signing this thread
    Mentioned it briefly up thread, but I know over a dozen people who have claimed to purchase this (not counting mentions in this thread)... and I don't know that many people in the grand scheme of things. I think, if they could, they would comment on how many people have actually bought it at its current price. that is the determining factor of its cost.

Unfortunately, we aren't a focus group. Our votes come from our purchases.... and I think people are still voting, YES! to "$7.50 for 4 colors for 1 toon!"

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast