We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thumbs down

War-steed colors and cosmetics are implemented terribly into the store. I bought one color pack and skin for my main. I will not be buying anymore unless I can get it account-wide or piece-meal. It's too bad because it's not as fun playing my alts when their steed is a standard grey. It makes me not want to play. I thought they were trying to get us to play more?
    MINSTREL and member of the vocal minority

Quote Originally Posted by Frieja View Post
    It makes me not want to play.
    Ditto. I thought my character was special -- why does her steed look so ordinary?

~600 pts for four colors, three of which I don't even want. I would be willing to spend ~600 tps per WS total, but not per hide color... you've got to be kidding.

/Signed and sealed.
    [center][font=andalus][size=2]akara / [/size][size=1]warg[/size][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/16iyt5f.jpg[/IMG][size=2]blays /[/size][size=1] hunter[/size]
    meneldor[/center][/font]

Looks like enough suckers are buying the packs to keep the pricing as it is. I've only seen them on sale once and even then I wasn't remotely interested in wasting the TP.

This can go into the same box as the Soldier on the Landscape and gather dust under the bed.

Signed as well. If you are going to force yicky colors on me along with the ones I actually want, then make it account-wide. Most of the players I know have a signature color set for each character they play, and while one character may be all about the grody orange and green that this game seems so in love with (just going by what tends to be undyeable!), another will be into blue and gray, etc. I know you were probably hoping that this way people would spend oodles of money customizing their horsies for each and every toon, but...no. Making it so expensive just makes us all say "ew, nevermind" and then resent the heck out of you for messing up our color schemes. So yeah, please either drop the price, make it account-wide or do individual colors, please. The way it is currently just angries up the blood. As I am sure is evident from this fourteen-page thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwenemairth View Post
    Making it so expensive just makes us all say "ew, nevermind" and then resent the heck out of you for messing up our color schemes.
    That describes exactly my feelings and position.

Turbine, under the current system I will not be buying warhorse dyes.
    Save your tears / For the day / When our pain is far behind.
    On your feet / Come with me / We are soldiers stand or die.

I do agree that the prices are pretty steep. It doesn't really break my heart because my steed is basically only used as one way to get to places quickly that I cannot reach with hunter ports and swift travel. They're useless in a city due to the controls which is the best place to show them off. Other than the warbands that no one runs anymore, mounted combat isn't a valuable addition to the game at all.

So, while the prices are high, it's like over pricing the paint on a car you drive once a year. It's not the end of the world.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Dear QuartermasterU,

I've been lighting candles in my Bree Homestead house every day, praying to Eru that the prices on the War-steed color packs would be lowered, or offered piecemeal, or even better become account wide. My candles have all been used up, I've now started burning my excess housing items like the stinky turtle and a few red chairs, but unfortunately it's all been to no avail so far. It's seems that Eru is not going to answer my prayers, so I figured I have probably been directing them to the wrong U all this time.

So I have now started to dedicate my prayers to the other U. Not ErU but QuartermasterU.

I'm really hoping that U will listen and answer my prayers, as I'll soon be running out of bear rugs to burn. I don't really want to have to burn down my entire house just to catch your attention.

Hoping to hear from you Soon.

With much love,

~Hymne
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Seriously people.

As my Grandmother was fond of saying - "Tsk now lass/laddie - best to save that breath to cool your porridge" - or in this case, don't waste your time, energy or frustrations in flogging a dead horse (issue) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Radbug View Post
    Looks like enough suckers are buying the packs to keep the pricing as it is. I've only seen them on sale once and even then I wasn't remotely interested in wasting the TP
    Until sales drop a certain % they'll milk players desire for individual looks for their mounts for all they're worth. Then you may! see a 20% sale. Doubt very much they would ever admit pricing is just sheer greed counting on players love for Cosmetic individuality.

Scholars should be able to make war-steed equipment dyes. After all, they make dyes for character clothing... and some wall-paint too... And no new recipes for dyes from tier 7...
    But on the other hand, war-steed fur color would be a different issue. I hope in the future there will be some colors we could access through questing, and some special patterns too (like spotted war-steed)

Quote Originally Posted by Misapprehension View Post
    Scholars should be able to make war-steed equipment dyes. After all, they make dyes for character clothing... and some wall-paint too... And no new recipes for dyes from tier 7...
    What should Turbine then sell in their store? War steed colors are best sellers.

Talking Long time coming...

Just got back into the game again, after a bit and started getting excited about the expansion. I levelled my second alt high enough to get his warsteed, then realizing he doesn't have the colors (greys/white) that my main has. Unfortunately I forgot that you had to buy them for alot of TP. I love this game and what they did with the warsteed mechanics; however, I can't see myself buying Cosmetics and/or 'mountrearup' type stuff again unless it's account wide and individual items are much cheaper. I agree with many in here for 'Account wide ~ same price', some basic colors to start with and some drops in pricing. It'd also be a good idea to be able to work toward more mount cosmetics; i.e. rep? I don't know, it's just way too expensive for one thing. Furthermore, I can't justify buying similar colors for equipment as well.

-Account wide ~ same price *(This should hold true for most cosmetic items/colors, imho)
    -If one buys horse colors, perhaps allow equivalent for equipment as well?...
    -Allow players to be able to work for some (not including the main village quests).
    -Please allow for 1 specific color to be bought.

I'm sure there are other things, but can't think right now, so I apologize. Those were big deals to me and others, apparently, for we had few options after we already bought the expansion

Thank You
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000000662ec/01007/signature.png]Findecandir[/charsig]

Right after Rohan launched, many people complained about warsteed dye prices and Turbine staff responded with a very brief 50% off sale. If memory serves, the sale occurred over two days in November of 2012. During that sale, I purchased 4 steed dye packs, one for each of 4 characters. There was a brief explosion of painted horses in game, but after a few months gray horses once again dominated the landscape.

Perhaps those running the store would consider another 50% off sale? There must be a huge amount of pent up demand at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexendynamus View Post
    Right after Rohan launched, many people complained about warsteed dye prices and Turbine staff responded with a very brief 50% off sale. If memory serves, the sale occurred over two days in November of 2012. During that sale, I purchased 4 steed dye packs, one for each of 4 characters. There was a brief explosion of painted horses in game, but after a few months gray horses once again dominated the landscape.
    That was the only time I bought colours for my characters, and not even for all. Except for a one time sale during spring time (can't remember the month) where it was about 30% off as well, I think I bought another pack with points earned from my subscription. Other than that, I just deal with the grey on the skin and the yellow/rose/green on the tack ha ha.

But seriously, I would love to see a bundled offer like the bundle for class steeds currently in the Lotro Market. Account wide war-steed dye pack. Hell yeah.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

I could see this price if it was an account wide unlock.. but no way in hell will i pay for these with real money... at that price, make them account wide.. and its a much better deal
    [CENTER]

[/CENTER]

I agree. Account-wide, the price would be reasonable. Per character, it certainly is not. Even 50% off is not great when it's only for one character. 50% off wouldn't be bad if you could choose which colors you wanted in the pack, but when you can't, it's a waste of money. I'd happily pay 100-150 TP for a single color. My warsteeds will remain grey (like so many of the others I see in my travels) and used only when necessary. I have too many other nice looking mounts to ride. It's a shame. I was looking forward to a mount I could customize.
    [color=#48D1CC][b][i]Imladris[/i][/b][/color] - [color=#9370D8]Moravya[/color][color=#FFE4E1][i], 70 Lore-master[/i][/color]

Cheaper would be good - I have white, I have black and whatever came with them. I won't buy any more unless they are at a discount, that's enough to work with so the poor crazy horse that lets me run her into walls doesn't look too awful.
    Happy homeowner on Landroval and Laurelin!

I wish it was either: all colors, or each pack account wide for 600tp. The best option (of course) would be all colors account wide. I would buy it in a heart beat. 4 colors per character for 600 to me is high. I have paid it once, but hesitate to purchase more.

If they were not so expensive or were account wide, I would have no problem paying for them.

I really like playing LOTRO and realize they need revenue. So, I buy things in the store that I want because it helps me enjoy the game, but being price gouged never feels good. If I felt like I was getting my money's worth I'd be a lot happier spending more.
    [img]http://www.trish-art.com/images/avs-sigs/anniah-lotro.jpg[/img]

Lower the price per pack, sell the colors individually, or make the color packs account wide.

/signed

I don't know how I missed this thread til now, but yes... I have issues with the price.

I could afford suiting up a couple alts, but, at 595 a pop, no thank you. I'd gladly pay that if it was account-wide, or if it included more than just *one color item* for only one character.

Please Turbine, too many of us ride bland steeds and would gladly pay if we got something way more worthwhile for our TP...

/signed

Still waiting for these dyes to either go account bound, singled out, or dropped down in price to a reasonable level. I refused to buy these since RoR, and I still refuse to buy these. Pretty much everything in the LOTRO store is ridiculously priced, and full of trash like potions. The entire store needs an overhaul imo, but the Warsteed needs it more than any other.

I bought some colours. Every time I look at my steed with purchased colours, I have a feeling like I've been taken. It makes me want to hide the colours when I'm in a populated place so that people don't look at me and see the word 'sucker' hovering over me. It's too bad the fun of having an appealing steed is tainted in this way, because customized colours are pretty.
    Townsperson says, "I'm having an adventure. I've paddled all the way from Frogmorton!"

VIP here so I am willing to spend $$.

Won't ever buy War-Steed dyes in the current system.

I know a blatant rip-off when I see one, Turbine.

/signed

New VIP here. (And not the free trial kind.) I don't have a character who is even close to getting a war-steed yet, but I've looked at some of the customization threads. Breathtaking, the amount of real-world money that has been spent on digital horses. Since I have a real horse who is more important to me, I'm saving my money for her.

But the crazy prices do drive home a very telling point. Monthly VIP TP allotment won't even buy one color pack for one horse for one character. Pretty shabby, when you think about it. You might want to think about giving VIPs more TP a month, given the way you've inflated all your prices. Or drop some of those truly absurd ones. 100 MP for housing slots, I'm looking at you.

I'd really like to see two new options...
    * The ability to buy single colors.
    * The ability to buy all the colors at once, at a discount.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

OMG

Lotro is in ruins.. and you complain about prices of dye colors! haha

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast