We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Let me start out by saying that I agree that cosmetics and fluff are what we should be seeing in the LOTRO Store. However, the price for the war steed colors, especially considering that it is PER CHARACTER and not account wide, is ridiculous.

I would understand gating some customization colors behind TP, but all of them? I would also understand them being in the store (and I guess the pricing would be more tolerable) if there were some way to craft or unlock them via gameplay. However, there is not. Either there should be ways to obtain these without TP, the color packs should be account wide, or the price should be lowered to a more reasonable amount.

I bought RoR a month and a half after release with accumulated TP, and it is frustrating to see basically no customization options included with that purchase. I cannot even imagine how frustrated I would feel had I paid $70 for the Legendary Edition. As it stands, I will not purchase any color packs. Plus, this makes me feel better about waiting a while and getting the expansion "free" with monthly TP accumulations. It is not like this is a game ruiner for me, it is just the principle that really bothers me. NO colors without TP.

They could not even give us one or two free color options? I am glad I am not the only person who feels upset about this.

...Y'know, looking at the forum background, most of those horses are grey as well. I guess even the promotional characters couldn't stomach shelling out the TP.
    Completly agree. The colors should be account wide. Calculate the costs for 5+ alts, that many longterm costomers have. Even account wide would still be too expensive for that price since you can not chose the colors. But even more diappointing is the fact that the rep horses and especially the (meta)-deed horses are not available to the player as a war-steed outfit.

And the worst about all of this is, that I start caring about outfits, I managed to not have to since I actually had endgame content to do (well most of the time) and could enjoy actually playing, not just standing around or being bored doing skimishes. (I know this is off this topic, but I just had to get it out, cause I payed 70$ and I do that to provide money for development of new contet of a MMo-game not a quest + do dailies game and to pay for colors of what you actually get.)

I'm finally getting around to posting in this topic. Hubby and I are long-term players, but neither of us are even spending our FREE TP's on horse color packs. If they were less expensive or were account-wide, we may buy them; however, we won't be spending either free or purchased TP's on horse stuff as things currently stand.

Incidentally, we just had a kinnie of 4 years leave the game last week. I don't know the reason why - could be real life, could be frustration with game, could be store stuff.

Smile It's Just Color, Turbine

Turbine probably should have gone the route they have with avatar cosmetic outfits and equipment. Put some nice fancy mounts and fancy barding in the store, sure, but leave the coloring of hides and barding to a new batch of scholar mount dye recipes and punch up an in-game mount coloring market.

It's just color, and it's just my opinion, but Turbine is being a bit abusive right now.

I recommend holding off on all store purchases until they come to their senses.

4. Bump
    This still needs to be addressed.

yes it does.

putting them on sale for 50% off for 1 week is not a 'hey, we fixed it' move.

Just for your information: color pack 3 is currently in the Lottery. Ends 12/21/2012 11:43PM EST.
    Find my Lotro outfits @ www.cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com

In front of puter. Thanks, online games. :P
    /signed, bumping this thread.

595TP?? I've spent less on quest packs than I would on my future warsteed.

Ahhh, taking full advantage of an awesome aspect of the game for an exhorbitant amount of money...Ahhh capitalism.

/signed - this is abusive and fun-killing...

And also - Seriously, default color gray?! Most horses in both real world and Middle-earth (as per books / movies / games / etc.) are brown(-ish). But hey, grey is more depressing and helps the trade, right? It makes you want to color it... Poor & low...

I'd go along with the general concencus of opinion here, the TP costs for dye packs are too high, I get the idea of the pay model, everyone seems to do it these days but with a lot of things I can see the justification in costs but look at the real world monetary cost of opening all the colour packs - starts to look a little more like treating us as cash cows at that level. 595TP for all the packs I could stomach but that much for each one? tad excessive methinks.

10. Quote Originally Posted by arhidevil View Post
    /signed - this is abusive and fun-killing...

And also - Seriously, default color gray?! Most horses in both real world and Middle-earth (as per books / movies / games / etc.) are brown(-ish). But hey, grey is more depressing and helps the trade, right? It makes you want to color it... Poor & low...
    I agree. That's how your world looks like if you allow advertising people to design your world. They break it (or in this case make it unnatural) and have you pay to repair it. And then they think they are smart and call themselves "wizards" *snickers*

It's easier to forget about all this though if you don't like the warsteed feature at all like me. I still ride around on my trusted normal steed and just ignore those warsteeds* completely.

---

*) To me they have the wrong proportions and the speed control is implemented in a way that I just can't adopt to. Also that strange sliding like in a car racing game puts me completely off. I don't understand why I have to invest points into getting a proper control over the horse? And I'd rather have longer legs for them poor short-legged horses and some sort of speed setting like it was used in old flight simulators (using keys 1 to 0 (or others in Lotro, since those are already used but you get the idea) to set a certain speed by just one push of a button, like "push 5 key" and the horse accelerates or slows down to match that speed)
    Last edited by Glenwin; Jan 04 2013 at 06:26 AM.
    [URL="http://the-strongfoots.net"]the-strongfoots.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Belgar2 View Post
    Turbine probably should have gone the route they have with avatar cosmetic outfits and equipment. Put some nice fancy mounts and fancy barding in the store, sure, but leave the coloring of hides and barding to a new batch of scholar mount dye recipes and punch up an in-game mount coloring market.

It's just color, and it's just my opinion, but Turbine is being a bit abusive right now.

I recommend holding off on all store purchases until they come to their senses.
    precisely. i'd like to see something similar to the character creator, in the sense that you could pick different manes and tails as well.

Quote Originally Posted by arhidevil View Post
    If they're going to only give us one color for free, at least they gave us the best one. Our war-steeds are supposed to be distantly related to Shadowfax himself, so we get the most prized elite appearance of all - the color matching that of Shadowfax, Lord of Horses. He's grey, so our war-steeds are too (unless we get another color to make them look more like standard run-of-the-mill horses).

Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    If they're going to only give us one color for free, at least they gave us the best one. Our war-steeds are supposed to be distantly related to Shadowfax himself, so we get the most prized elite appearance of all - the color matching that of Shadowfax, Lord of Horses. He's grey, so our war-steeds are too (unless we get another color to make them look more like standard run-of-the-mill horses).
    I hate to be so picky, but while Shadowfax is described as grey, in horse terminology that actually means white (its silly, I know). Our horses are ACTUALLY grey, rather than white as Shadowfax is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    I hate to be so picky, but while Shadowfax is described as grey, in horse terminology that actually means white (its silly, I know). Our horses are ACTUALLY grey, rather than white as Shadowfax is.
    The book's description is: "By day his coat glistens like silver; and by night it is like a shade, and he passes unseen." To me, that sounds like actual grey rather than horse terminology grey. Though either could be described as silver and so match the daytime portion of the description, white would not pass unseen at night. (In fact, based on the description, I'd always pictured him as a somewhat darker grey than LOTRO shows him — a coloring more like the Ashen steed LOTRO uses for the Council of the North reputation mount.)

I would agree that I would be much more inclined to buy cosmetic items for warsteeds if the said items were then applied account-wide.

So, not only colour packs, but also class steed cosmetics for instance.

If I have bought a burglar class steed for one of my characters, then burglar steed cosmetics should be available account-wide for all my warsteeds (remember these steeds are not cheap!)

It would then add to the mix-match fun of personalising your warsteed.

As it stands, I can't afford to buy 2 or 3 class steeds per character, just to mix-match the items on that characters warsteed!

/signed

16. I've tweeted a question for the devchat about this issue, hopefully we can get a response.

devs don't decide about the prices.

I haven't bought any colors for a long time now and I'm not going to start. That topic is over for me. My 2 main chars both got one color pack for the outfit and one for the hide, the others will just stick with what they get ingame.

at least we get some cosmetics from warbands...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock'n'Rolla View Post
    at least we get some cosmetics from warbands...
    Sthe o far I noticed:
    *Lootbox set (the hardest one to get, soooooooo random. My girlfriend got the equip, but nothing else so far)
    *Light Wold-Set
    *Light Norcrofts-Set
    *Light Entwash-Set
    *Light Sutcrofts-Set (the caparison is missing, no quest?)
    (also a few other pieces from other sets are missing, but I don't remember which ones)
    (and light leggings can't be dyed black, just to say so)
    *the Yule set
    *orc head from the warbands
    *the flag for the epic quest line

not to mention the 2 elite sets for buying RoI

Is there more?

20. We're still waiting on a response here?

Dye Packs and Cosmetics

/signed
    I think the dye packs for equipment as well as the coat colors/patterns should all be available in game just like the barber is for the characters. I understand having the cosmetics in the lotro store, that makes total sense and I honestly don't think the prices are too bad for them. But making us have to spend about $20 to make a horse look the way we like when we're going to be riding it for the rest of the game seems ridiculus especially since everyone will basically be riding the same horse.
    So...
    1: Hides and coat colors should be available in game from a 'horse barber'.
    2: Equipment dyes should be available in game as either patterns or drops, just like regular dyes. Our regular dyes should work fine on whatever the horse is wearing, realistically.
    3: I agree with what someone said much earlier... every time I turn around I feel like there's something else in game asking me to pay Lotro points or spend money on it. I would gladly pay you either a monthly fee or pay the Lifetime membership if it made much of a difference... but it really doesn't seem to.

A big AOL-style "me too".

First, split the colours. I don't want to buy 4 colours if I only want one of them.
    Second, if you are not going to split the colours then make the packs account-wide, so I can use one colour on one character and another on another.
    Third, release colours that match the normal steeds. I want a Warhorse of Night, not a Warhorse of Late Afternoon (thanks CSTM).

Given pricing at the moment, I'm not buying a warhorse colour pack.
    Last edited by Pounamu; Mar 14 2013 at 04:51 AM.

Unhappy So disappointed

I recently got to level 75 and was really looking forward to getting a war-steed that I could
    change the appearance of and make unique. I was very disappointed when I realised that I
    not only had to buy the different colours, but that the colour packs were ridiculously expensive!

Had I at least been able to choose what four colours were in the pack, then maybe. But to get
    the two colours I want I would have to buy two different packs, and be forced to pay for 6 colours
    I have no interest in! And to make it all worse, it's not even account-wide!

And I know, it's just colours.. but I have been looking forward to this part of the game since I started
    playing again, and this disappointment just took a lot of joy out of the game for me

Please, Turbine - lower the price of the packs, let us choose what four colours to include,
    or sell each colour individually!

Storm

Thumbs down Too expensive

I really love this game turbine, but some of these prices are outrageous. I'm a vip, and yet I don't have enough tp to get myself a dye pack. Plus, I have to pay for 4 colors, instead of being able to choose one and pay less. Why can't you sell them for cheaper, individually? Or at least make it accountwide so it's worthwile. It would be so much easier. Really, it would be so nice if I could get something better for the money I'm paying. If you could at least make it more worthwile to pay for this game and lower prices on cosmetics and dyes, that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Eralon; Mar 17 2013 at 05:11 PM.

Account wide = I buy them all, or most.. Broken down 1 dye for maybe 120 points, I buy a good bit. The current price means I buy 1 pack Maybe, everyone else gets to have the unfinished model look for the rest of the game. Also, when you think about it, why not sell a bundle with Color and Hide together? Anything would be better than the way it is now.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast