We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 602
  1. #151
    /signed

    some of the suggestions here (account wide / single colour choice etc) seem much fairer. I am willing to spend money on extra cosmetic options - but not at these prices.
    [URL="http://suzitastarshadow.wordpress.com/"][CENTER][I][SIZE="4"]StarShadow[/SIZE] [/I] ~my gaming blog[/CENTER][/URL]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000017e0df/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Reximus View Post
    Going to agree that the cost is too high with so little control. Should be account wide and we should get to choose what 4 colors we get.
    /signed
    [COLOR=yellow]High Chieftain Brugaz[/COLOR]

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    345
    I don't have the expansion yet, but I'm hoping to buy it some time in the future, either with free TP earned or with real money. However, 595 for a color for a warsteed is way over priced. The highest priced normal dye is 100 TP in the store. THat seems like reasonable amount for people who don't have a scholar/won't pay in-game money to buy dyes.

    I heard that the dyes for the war steeds can NOT be made by scholars. This seems not fair.... Why give scholars the option to make dye for clothing/equipment, but not for horses? I guess because we're supposed to buy the colors in the store. And with prices of 595 TP for one color (not even a stack of colors) is just plain... outrageous.

    This means that for people who don't have the money to pay for character bound items, things become rapidly... not so fun anymore.
    This was really a wrong move, in my opinion.

    Oh, just to clarify: I sign and agree with the suggestions.

    I would love to hear from staff/developers why Scholars can't make the dyes for the warsteeds too. After all, we already do it for equipment, so why not for warsteeds?
    Last edited by Shriya; Oct 19 2012 at 07:47 AM.
    Country: Netherlands, Current Server: Nimrodel. Future server: Landroval
    Sheherezi's an Eastemnet Cook & Farmer

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    451

    Angry

    I was just checking the dev tracker, and saw that bag prices had increased too, and saw something that Sapience had stated and it's kinda upsetting me even more. I don't know how to quote from another thread, but here's what he said that upset me, copied and pasted....

    "Also, over 2200 items in the LOTRO Store were adjusted. About 16% of those saw a price increase of some amount. They're currently on sale for the same amount off as they were increased. Until October the 29th."

    They increased the price of 16% of the items in the store, and they are charging this much for the war-steed dye packs? Greedy much, Turbine?

    At this point in time, I have decided that I will not buy any more Turbine Points until things change. I may not even keep my VIP. If I need anything from the store, I will just grind deeds until I get it for free, but I will not spend another dime on over-priced digitial fluff. I urge everyone to do the same, as this is the only way we will see change.
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

  5. #155
    /.signed


    This is just getting crazy. Bad enough that the mounts cost about 20.00 for ONE CHARACTER. Since I really dedicate to one, it didn't affect me as much. But you have now ensured that policy will continue, and any future potential profits from me have been nullified.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000eb50b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    452
    WISHLIST

    * Account wide
    * Craftable
    * Cheaper
    /signed
    [center]You become a [color=red][b]champion[/b][/color] by fighting one more round.
    When things are tough, you fight one more round.
    [i]James J. Corbett[/i][/center]

  7. #157
    /signed. Last time i buy anything extra from turbine. i bought the legendary expac. there should at least be basic colors in there. those price are so ignorant. sure they may sell a few to the "i must have it nao" crowd, but the vast majority will not buy it.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth
    "Also, over 2200 items in the LOTRO Store were adjusted. About 16% of those saw a price increase of some amount. They're currently on sale for the same amount off as they were increased. Until October the 29th."
    So not only did many things get a price increase, but deeds also saw a reward decrease. Did anyone notice you no longer get 10tp for the "Advanced" slayer deeds? You get the usual 5tp just as on the basic ones, at least on the advanced slayer deed I received. Is that a bug? Hrm..
    [center][size=1][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/2zrp7hi.jpg[/img]
    [u]ELENDILMIR[/u]: NIBENETH - LVL 85 ELF HUNTER // SILPHIUM - LVL 55 HOBBIT WARDEN[/size][/center]

  9. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentoki View Post
    So not only did many things get a price increase, but deeds also saw a reward decrease. Did anyone notice you no longer get 10tp for the "Advanced" slayer deeds? You get the usual 5tp just as on the basic ones, at least on the advanced slayer deed I received. Is that a bug? Hrm..
    I would say I'm surprised.. but I'm not. Why wouldn't they want to cut down on the amount of tp we can earn in game. Gotta stop all those people from grinding deeds in order to buy stuff..
    [url]http://wanderingthroughdigitalworlds.wordpress.com/[/url]

  10. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethareth View Post
    "Also, over 2200 items in the LOTRO Store were adjusted. About 16% of those saw a price increase of some amount. They're currently on sale for the same amount off as they were increased. Until October the 29th."

    They increased the price of 16% of the items in the store, ...
    No. It's not 16% of the items in the Store. On 16% of the items that were changed, that change was a price increase. The other 84% of the changes were not. In fact a lot of them were price decreases. Even on the ones that were increased, we're given until nearly the end of the month to get them at the previous price. And I notice you don't bring up the other things we were all given for free, like an extra 20 slots of wardrobe space.

  11. #161
    /signed

    Make the dyes/armor craftable, perhaps account wide for store-purchased pieces? Definitely needs a drop in price.

    The expansion and mounted combat is so far, all I had hoped for! Excellent job on RoR, this seems to be the only let-down.


    WholesomeBurrito - Defiler. Killamanjaro - Warleader. Hagges - 85 RK (retired)
    Plethora of noncapped alts and other monster characters

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Memory of Laurelin
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    Well, you can look at a listing of their names, anyway. I'm hoping to find what they look like. (I'm particularly curious what the Rohirrim Elite set I got is going to look like. Anyone have an image of it?)
    It's just the Steed of Eastemnet cosmetics. Which you cannot dye, even if you have the dyes.

    • 600 TPs for a pack with four preselected dyes = 150 TPs per single dye. Translation? ~1,87$ per dye.
    • Pre-purchased mounts that were advertised as granting "the matching War-steed Appearance!" do not grant the hide dye of the steed, nor the equipment in the colour the original mount possesses.
    • In order to bring one's war-steed look closer to the pre-purchased mount's look, one must spend at least (1 colour pack + 1 equipment dye pack = 595 x 2) 1190 TPs in addition to the purchase price of the mount (1995 TPs). Perhaps even more (1785 TPs), if the chosen mount's mane and tail colours are not to be found in the same colour pack as the mount's hide.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    174
    /signed /signed /signed.
    Third Marshal Haffleheim - R12 Captain (100), Landroval
    Hafflewrath - R6 Beorning (100), Landroval
    [url]http://themalaysianlotrogamer.wordpress.com/[/url]

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14
    /signed.

    Oh Turbine. You promoted the hell out of this expansion, bombed us with email after email practically begging people to buy it, released a plethora of videos promising mount customization, reiterated over and over that if we bought certain store exclusive steeds that we could duplicate the look on our war mounts, convinced us to pay more than the cost of a new game because we couldn't wait to try it out and just HAD to have the full experience.......
    Then, when the magic day comes, all of the rabid cosmetics fans find themselves staring hopelessly in disbelief, clicking away at new icons and trying desperately to find all of the promised sugar and fluff that is mysteriously missing -- only to discover that you guys have suddenly decided that we haven't paid enough for our gaming happiness.

    It's kind of like at the end of Willy Wonka (the original movie,) when, after being promised a lifetime supply of chocolate, poor Charlie, who has scrounged and struggled just to experience this fantastic (yet frequently disturbing) adventure, is unexpectedly denied his prize because of some unreadable fineprint in the contract.

    Look, we understand that this game is not centered around cosmetics, that there are a million others who care more about playable content, and you have given us that. But let's be realistic. Over the last couple of years, you have built up and fine-tuned a cosmetics system that could rival the Sims series, and this has been a huge asset to your store, your game experience, and your fans. Those of us who spend more time acquiring and matching outfits than we do questing don't mind spending some extra money now and then for something fun from the store. You have always been very reasonable with your prices, and for those who commit to the VIP experience, those extra points have been very helpful in contributing to keep the costs low and balanced, particularly when most of us have jobs and life responsibilities and can't always play our money's worth in game time.
    But this unexpected stinginess with the war mount customization leaves a very bad impression and makes us wonder if we are to expect some permanent unpleasant changes in our gaming future. With games like Guild Wars 2 in competition, I can't help but feel apprehensive about this new direction and the fate of LotRO. If you guys really need the money, raising costs on the loyal buyers isn't going to do it. Please listen to your customers and fans and make an effort to meet us halfway. Don't ruin a good thing.

    Come on, Turbine. Give us some sugar.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    147
    Everyone's pretty much said what I've been thinking, so I'll simply add, absolutely /signed.
    [CENTER][IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/8df4702b1eb8d9fca2e36f6299dc57c3/tumblr_neulgaA6tY1rcf8xho1_400.jpg[/IMG]
    Scield Scefing | Sagewort | Ellenn Fremedon | Sep Dogwood[/CENTER]

  16. #166
    /signed

    I'm usually quite happy to support Turbine by buying some things at the store. But I certainly won't even consider buying mount dyes at that price.
    [CENTER] [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/landroval/mosby/"][COLOR=cyan]Mosby[/COLOR][/URL], Founder of [URL="http://www.thepalantiri.net"][COLOR=gold]The Palantíri[/COLOR][/URL] kinship (Landroval) - [URL="http://lotro-charts.tumblr.com/"]LotRO Charts Tumblr[/URL] - [URL="https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Translations"]Runes & Translations[/URL]

    [COLOR=Silver][I]As glides in seas the shark, Rides Mosby through green dark.[/I] -Melville[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  17. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by LiELF View Post
    /signed.

    Oh Turbine. You promoted the hell out of this expansion, bombed us with email after email practically begging people to buy it, released a plethora of videos promising mount customization, reiterated over and over that if we bought certain store exclusive steeds that we could duplicate the look on our war mounts, convinced us to pay more than the cost of a new game because we couldn't wait to try it out and just HAD to have the full experience.......
    Then, when the magic day comes, all of the rabid cosmetics fans find themselves staring hopelessly in disbelief, clicking away at new icons and trying desperately to find all of the promised sugar and fluff that is mysteriously missing -- only to discover that you guys have suddenly decided that we haven't paid enough for our gaming happiness.

    It's kind of like at the end of Willy Wonka (the original movie,) when, after being promised a lifetime supply of chocolate, poor Charlie, who has scrounged and struggled just to experience this fantastic (yet frequently disturbing) adventure, is unexpectedly denied his prize because of some unreadable fineprint in the contract.

    Look, we understand that this game is not centered around cosmetics, that there are a million others who care more about playable content, and you have given us that. But let's be realistic. Over the last couple of years, you have built up and fine-tuned a cosmetics system that could rival the Sims series, and this has been a huge asset to your store, your game experience, and your fans. Those of us who spend more time acquiring and matching outfits than we do questing don't mind spending some extra money now and then for something fun from the store. You have always been very reasonable with your prices, and for those who commit to the VIP experience, those extra points have been very helpful in contributing to keep the costs low and balanced, particularly when most of us have jobs and life responsibilities and can't always play our money's worth in game time.
    But this unexpected stinginess with the war mount customization leaves a very bad impression and makes us wonder if we are to expect some permanent unpleasant changes in our gaming future. With games like Guild Wars 2 in competition, I can't help but feel apprehensive about this new direction and the fate of LotRO. If you guys really need the money, raising costs on the loyal buyers isn't going to do it. Please listen to your customers and fans and make an effort to meet us halfway. Don't ruin a good thing.

    Come on, Turbine. Give us some sugar.
    QFE. That is spot on.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

  18. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    The pricing for the war-steed dyes is based on the fact that they are not consumable items. You are purchasing the ability to permanently unlock the color options for your steeds on a particular character. So you will be able to switch your colors as often as you like on that character.
    Well.. So are all cosmetic items, really. On top of that you are free to use them on *any* character and they don't expire either. And there is preciously few cosmetic items over 300TP. Placing just a few colors on price-point double from that is... curious, to say the least.

    As it is now, I won't be ever spending any points on any warsteed cosmetics. Which is sad, and a thing I was really looking forward to. But at these prices.. dream on.

    As said earlier, all the prices were 1TP in beta so we couldn't comment on them back then. Be we DID mention, several times, that the system as it was mandated that the prices were low, or to change them to account-based system. A "horse-wardrobe" was suggested multiple times on beta.

  19. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahtera View Post
    Well.. So are all cosmetic items, really. On top of that you are free to use them on *any* character and they don't expire either. And there is preciously few cosmetic items over 300TP. Placing just a few colors on price-point double from that is... curious, to say the least.

    As it is now, I won't be ever spending any points on any warsteed cosmetics. Which is sad, and a thing I was really looking forward to. But at these prices.. dream on.

    As said earlier, all the prices were 1TP in beta so we couldn't comment on them back then. Be we DID mention, several times, that the system as it was mandated that the prices were low, or to change them to account-based system. A "horse-wardrobe" was suggested multiple times on beta.
    I had not even thought of that. Buy one cosmetic item in the store for 200 or 300 TP and throw it in the wardrobe. Dye it any color you wish, multiple times, and have access to all those colors on ALL your characters!

    I do believe QuarterMasterL's statement is invalid.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

  20. #170
    Some of use have Several alts I have a few friends who have DOZENS Turbine.

    I can't not begin to express how upset i was when i got the color pack on my rk, & in order to use on my hunter needed to buy it again. almost 600 tp for 4 colors per toon it a ripped off.

    This coming from someone who quite literally dumps money in the lotro store for things like mounts and such. but Unless this is changed, I will not spend a dime on the store again.
    Liannae of Brandywine, Harbinger of Peace
    Schadenfreuden Skydefryd, Tormentor
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000420686/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Signed!

    The current cosmetic prices are a bit too rich. I am VIP so money is not always an issue since I get the 500 TP every month. Sadly, it is limited to one character instead of being granted account wide, and the color packs - like others have mentioned - give limited options. I sure hope Turbine listens to their customers, or they may end up finding themselves losing many dispirited cosmetic junkies from the game.
    Last edited by dhaliablack; Oct 19 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000049b87/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  22. #172
    Some of you guys post are just silly. They are not going to make these dyes craftable in game me and alot of my friends have already spent $40 to $60 RL dollars on these colors and thousands of other players. The best you guys can hope for here is that they make the account wide sorry but in my opinion this is how everything will go down.

    Game designers, customer service reps, musical composers, GM's, tech teams they do not do there work for free.

    Good Luck guys

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...
    Posts
    2,017

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by LiELF View Post
    It's kind of like at the end of Willy Wonka (the original movie,) when, after being promised a lifetime supply of chocolate, poor Charlie, who has scrounged and struggled just to experience this fantastic (yet frequently disturbing) adventure, is unexpectedly denied his prize because of some unreadable fineprint in the contract.

    Come on, Turbine. Give us some sugar.
    Give that first time poster some +rep and a choklit bar! Loved the analogy.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

    Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by BowOfFSAndDecay View Post
    Some of you guys post are just silly. They are not going to make these dyes craftable in game me and alot of my friends have already spent $40 to $60 RL dollars on these colors and thousands of other players. The best you guys can hope for here is that they make the account wide sorry but in my opinion this is how everything will go down.

    Game designers, customer service reps, musical composers, GM's, tech teams they do not do there work for free.

    Good Luck guys
    "Thousands" is a bit much. Out of all characters on Elendilmir, I have only seen three or four with horses that weren't the default gray color. What's silly is paying the same amount or more on horse colors as you paid for the expansion itself, when horse colors aren't nearly as valuable as the game is. Also, many of us are giving suggestions that will allow Turbine to make more money on sales, not suggesting that they should work for free.
    [center][size=1][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/2zrp7hi.jpg[/img]
    [u]ELENDILMIR[/u]: NIBENETH - LVL 85 ELF HUNTER // SILPHIUM - LVL 55 HOBBIT WARDEN[/size][/center]

  25. #175
    Nib you might be right about the number of people on your server I was talking about Brandywine my bad.

 

 
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload