We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    There are 4 appearance traits per region from questing. The epic gives 1 more trait.
    Cheers. Hope they look better than the wild stuff.

Lol I wouldn't even pay those prices if it was account wide. I'm just relieved the warsteeds aren't useable in the moors which is where most of my time is spent. I'll stick with my old mounts and ride a generic one for pve.

These prices are loco crazy haha
    "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."
    [b][u][ M e n e l d o r ][/u][/b] | Aethniniel || Aethnin || Aethwen |

I will be paying the asked priced. But I will say all these people that WILL NOT BE paying the asked price might change the mind of the company. My opinion of this is the price should be lowered because of the huge out cry of customer complaints. I usually do side with the company but here I do not think I can.

/signed

Thumbs down

/signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000c09fc/01001/signature.png]Shwee[/charsig]

I don't normally comment on these but I'm in agreement here. the prices are way too high, especially since I've already paid 1995 for both the Steed of Night and the Loremaster Steed and my warsteed does not have the option to make either look exactly like the one I paid all those TP for. I'm sorry but to me "matching appearance" includes the hide of the horse as well. The Steed of Night gear on that greyish warsteed looks horrible and I can't even get the colors to match my LM steed's gear, let alone the hide. I'm not spending anymore TP on these colors/hides as I've already spent almost 4000 tp on horses I figured (based on Turbine advertising) would look different than the standard issue horse.

For some reason, even though there are a lot of angry and disappointed customers, and although we have presented some viable and pleasing alternatives (for both parties) to the current pricing fiasco...I feel like Turbine aren't going to listen to their customers on this one, and nothing will change.

I know we've already had 1 dev comment on the matter, but is there any chance we can get another one to say that it's being looked into? Hell, I'd rather they be honest with us and say "Things aren't going to change!" than it just be ignored.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

heh, I would be willing to bet it was WB that set the prices and Turbine has only a limited say about it.

I think Turbine knows its business well enough to price these things appropriately. I don't have the same faith in WB.
    If you ain't dyin' then you ain't tryin'...
    [url]http://andurula.blogspot.com[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000013c508/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldoc87 View Post
    Cheers. Hope they look better than the wild stuff.
    You can look at the traits here http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cate...earance_Traits

and yes the colors cost too much!

I just unlocked ALL colors guys they are pretty sweet thought i would let you all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    For some reason, even though there are a lot of angry and disappointed customers, and although we have presented some viable and pleasing alternatives (for both parties) to the current pricing fiasco...I feel like Turbine aren't going to listen to their customers on this one, and nothing will change.

I know we've already had 1 dev comment on the matter, but is there any chance we can get another one to say that it's being looked into? Hell, I'd rather they be honest with us and say "Things aren't going to change!" than it just be ignored.
    Re: the bolded part -- I'd like to see that too, if they aren't going to change anything. There should be an official statement.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Loseda View Post
    I don't normally comment on these but I'm in agreement here. the prices are way too high, especially since I've already paid 1995 for both the Steed of Night and the Loremaster Steed and my warsteed does not have the option to make either look exactly like the one I paid all those TP for. I'm sorry but to me "matching appearance" includes the hide of the horse as well. The Steed of Night gear on that greyish warsteed looks horrible and I can't even get the colors to match my LM steed's gear, let alone the hide. I'm not spending anymore TP on these colors/hides as I've already spent almost 4000 tp on horses I figured (based on Turbine advertising) would look different than the standard issue horse.
    While in general I don't find the color prices as bad as lots of people seem to think they are, I do agree with this part. We were told that purchasing those Store exclusive mounts would give us their appearance for warsteeds. Turbine even unstabled them all as Rohan was released to get people to buy them for that warsteed appearance. Turbine really should follow through and give people the appearances that they were promised and paid for, and color is a major part of appearance. A character who has bought (for example) the Steed of Night should have the war-steed colors that match those in the actual Steed of Night. Same for all the other Store exclusives that had this warsteed appearance promise.

Quote Originally Posted by melting View Post
    Well, you can look at a listing of their names, anyway. I'm hoping to find what they look like. (I'm particularly curious what the Rohirrim Elite set I got is going to look like. Anyone have an image of it?)

Turbine, please, please, PLEASE consider selling individual colors instead of packs. I, too, am not interested in buying a color pack for one color that I want and 3 others I will likely never use. Poor Cel is going to be stuck riding the generic grey horse...

I'll throw my name into this hat.

Cosmetic items are something I really enjoy, and when I heard about warsteed cosmetics I was extremely excited. Upon receiving my steed and looking at the colors, the way they are presented tarnished my first experience with them. The colors initially appeared to be free and don't have any indication they are Store items until they are clicked (unless the gold border is the indication?). It felt very much like a bait-and-switch, and immediately snapped me out of the euphoria I had been experiencing from the New Expansion experience, by painting the game as one big cash grab.

I can understand the need for generating income via spent Turbine Points, but the manner in which it was done in this instance can be described as tactless, at best.

Here are my suggestions on what I'd be okay with (and gladly spend points on):
    • The current prices, but account wide
    • 150 TP for each color within a group, or 400 TP for the pack of four.
    Furthermore, as a gesture of goodwill/incentive to Lifers/VIP/Premium, have at least one pack be completely free. Shoot, I think you could even get away with making the free pack the one that has the ugliest colors available. It's the thought that counts (although this being the forums for an online game, this still won't silence the players who have a god-like sense of entitlement. You know the ones. The people who complained about the free goodie bags and such).

One final note about this: when it comes to UI vectors to the Store, please make it more obvious if something leads to the purchase page. The aforementioned dye experience wasn't pleasant. I feel that the current state of affairs regarding how you promote the Store (once you're in game) comes off more like a used-car salesman rather than "just another aspect of the game." I like the mannequins and the display horses- they are tasteful, and don't intrude, but when I open up various menus it sometimes it just seems like "BUY BUY BUY!" Less is more.

Overall, I love the expansion guys. The world designers did a superb job, and I also want to give a special shout out to the team responsible for the quests. They are incredibly engaging and a number of them gave me laugh out loud moments for the clever and subtle humor that was in them, this being especially true in the East Wall.

Thank you for your time.
    [CENTER] [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001029cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Purposely using proper grammar and punctuation since 1998![/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

/signed

Either make the pack account wide, or make the colors able to be sold separately to allow people the choice to pick and choose what colour they want.
    Riddermark Server
    Thorund - 100 Champion; Thorundel - 100 Hunter; Thorundelun - 100 Captain; Grimgarhelm - 100 Burglar

/signed

The dyes need to be account wide. This game almost always generates alt-itis, and when people take 4 toons into the region, you definitely don't need all the steeds looking the same. 595 Turbine points for 4 dyes is at least somewhat palatable when stretched across multiple toons for the rest of the game. Or, they need to be sold individually (and still account-wide imho).

With all the other new games coming out with different pricing, aka Guild Wars 2, I think having mounts dyed for the price of a fully new game is bad economics. Yes, warsteeds are shiny and new, but the flavour may wear thin after a while, and though beloved, there are many other game fish in the sea that are less of a money grab for sheer fluff that makes people happy.

Also, considering the class mounts and steed of night, it does leave a foul taste in the mouth that "get a matching war-steed appearance for free" for a 1995 TP horse falls greatly short of the advertisement as you can't match the coat of the advertised steed without paying an arm and a leg. I think this is especially shameful as Turbine just got an award from the Better Business Bureau for being a trustworthy company.

I do hope a dev will give us an answer to whether or not this will be changed. Whether its making account wide or single dyes. One things for certain, if it isn't changed, I will not be re-subbing next month as this is leaving a very sour taste in my mouth and ruining mounted combat for me.

I definitely agree that nearly 600 TP for four colors is way too high.
    I think they'd see it selling alot more often if they lowered the prices.
    As of now, they get no money from me (and I assume alot of others) for their current price. I'd rather not have the color than pay that much for something that simple.
    However if the prices were lower, I -would- start paying out to get the colors.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000046ddaa/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Having only one free color was bad enough, but these prices are just unbelievable, I'm sitting on over 5k TPs idk exactly how to spend but one thing is sure: NOT on INSANELY OVERPRICED colors!
    KANOMIR Captain
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000387e63/01008/signature.png]Anitta[/charsig]

Give the foolish a little and they want too much...

I think I've spent around $2000 on this game since April 2011 (maybe more) but this is just dumb.
    (Some may think it dumb to throw that amount of dough at a game but meh - what I spent it on made me happy).

And just a thought - I don't think not spending turbine points matters to them. It's like not using store credit; they already have your money. lol

I'll still play because I love being able to roam around a space based on LOTR but being gouged for it isn't fun.

WISHLIST
    • Account wide
    • Craftable
    • Cheaper

I wonder if there'll be a point where I'll cut my losses and just spend my money on real replica swords and bows. At least then I'd have something to show for my spending.

I like what someone else said. "Turbine/WB - make your greed less obvious" lol

/signed ...duh

BELLEDHEL: Guardian | BREGOLSUL: Hunter | GLANGALAD: Loremaster | BETHBELEG: Runekeeper | LINBALAN: Minstrel
    DOLENTUR: Burglar

MENELDOR : LANDROVAL : LAURELIN
    Last edited by Bragor_Sul; Oct 23 2012 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    The pricing for the war-steed dyes is based on the fact that they are not consumable items. You are purchasing the ability to permanently unlock the color options for your steeds on a particular character. So you will be able to switch your colors as often as you like on that character.
    We told you in BETA when we first saw that dyes and hide colorings were first off only available in the STORE and secondly are PER CHARACTER that this needed to be kept reasonable, that the cosmetics and color/dyes need to be account wide, that the Class Mounts needed to be broken up for INDIVIDUAL piece sales as well as BUNDLES W/O the MOUNT. We also stated multiple times in multiple threads that there needed be another option for obtaining these be it through crafting or something involving the classes. We layed out early in beta I believe it was Round 2 an option for Hide Colorings to be 'taught' to people by LMs who would learn how to call the different horses and then mentor them like Minstrels do instruments. Dyes should be obtainable from scholars as they always have been, OK so its a permanent dye you can always use so make it require a Guild Recipe but make it be a Medium Emblem use instead of a Large Emblem as we have far to many 1 week cooldowns as it is.

You say the price is because its a permanent color option to be used as much as we want... Well myself and hundreds of others NEVER EVER buy a single dye from the store. We use the CRAFTING system thats been in the game since launch for all our dyes and this Store mongering that is going with warsteeds is just plain annoying and is actually making more and more of us mad at the store that we disliked being created in the first place as it undermines our crafting, our deed grinding, and lots of other aspects of the game. By using the store as you have you're just proving everyone who said this exact type of issue was going to arise right!

STORE ONLY things like this are just plain WRONG to even exist.

Oh I forgot in beta we never even got to make a comment on what the prices were in their final form because as of the final day of beta everything that was for warsteeds that we could see cost only 1 TP.

Agreed. Way over priced!
    Everything fits, otherwise we'll make it fit!

Don't forget to bring this thread to the attention of people on your servers. The more people we get voicing their disappointment on here the better chance we have of change.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000001d814f/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

count me as signed, too pricey for me. Would consider if were single colour options or account wide. Otherwise, be prepared for alot of grey horses roaming around out there.
    [FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Co-Author of the Khazad Guard[/COLOR][/FONT]

[url]http://thekhazadguard.wordpress.com/[/url]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/202240000000c5386/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Reximus View Post
    Going to agree that the cost is too high with so little control. Should be account wide and we should get to choose what 4 colors we get.
    /signed!

Just beeing working out the cost if i were to buy just the 5 equipment dye packs for my 6 toons, since i run a cosmetics blog this is something i wanted to invest in but now working out the cost;

If I bought the 5 dye packs for my 6 characters it would be 17850 TP, and that would cost me around £80-100......yes, for DYE.
    If i were to buy all 11 dye packs for steed and equipment for my 6 toons this would be 39270 TP, now the top TP pack for £150 doesn't even cover the amount i would need. Sure the dyes are unlocked 'forever' but this is over £150 for dye, it's insanity.

I bought the Legendary edition, and had nothing but praise for this expansion, even convinced a few kinmates to get it, and if the price was around 350TP i would most definately end up getting the dyes eventually, i've always ended up giving in with the store and i've put so much money to it since F2P came about, but getting these dye packs for all my characters is something i can only dream about it seems.

The final blow was when buying 1995 TP horses with the understanding we would get their cosmetics, no, by default they're not the same colour and we have to fork out a further 595 TP to get it to how it SHOULD have been anyway.
    [center][URL=http://lotrosavvy.wordpress.com]Lotro Savvy[/URL]
    [color=#9999FF][b]♥ Outfits for Lord of the Rings Online ♥[/color][/b][/center]
    [center][color=#CC66FF]Nianna ~ Evernight ~ Miners of Moria[/color][/center]

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast