We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Let me make this argument for you and have done with it. IT IS CHEAPER FOR ME TO BUY GUILD WARS 2 and join all my lost friends in a new experience, than it is to CUSTOMIZE MY FREAKIN' WAR-STEEDS FOR MY CHARACTERS.

It's up to you what you do about this, but you should know that disappointing your loyal fans has real consequences for the survivability of the game.
    Hit the nail on the head. At this point, it is literally cheaper for me to go buy a new game entirely than it is to dye my horse. This seems like a reasonable business strategy to you?

/Signed

Account wide.

Another point no one seems to have mentioned yet is, if the dyes are overpriced, then we have a lot less incentive to buy the extra cosmetic mount slots. The more access we have to customization options, the more we will want to create and save outfits for our war-steeds.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Another point no one seems to have mentioned yet is, if the dyes are overpriced, then we have a lot less incentive to buy the extra cosmetic mount slots. The more access we have to customization options, the more we will want to create and save outfits for our war-steeds.
    Great point.​ I had planned on purchasing one or two extra slots. What's the point now?
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

/signed

This stuff is basically cosmetics for your war-steed. Player cosmetics are around 195-295 TP and are account-shared. I see absolutely no reason why war-steed cosmetics should not be similarly priced AND account-shared. Well, other than "soak the players."

Edit: Additionally, dyes ought to be scholar-crafted material as well.
    Last edited by Othniel; Oct 17 2012 at 11:25 PM.

Discovered that outfitting my warsteed with the cosmetics from the Steed of the Hunter do not render in the same color as my 2000 TP steed. Instead, I have to buy a 595TP color pack to make my Steed of the Hunter cosmetics match the steed itself. Unacceptable.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Signed!!

Definitely needs to be lowered, or at least be account-wide!
    Chickening Around the LotRO Webcomic

So you are telling me..
    Ppl asked for mounted combat since SoA and now the amazing adea impemented but only in a greedy way?
    Seriously 500 turbine points for a pack? ONLY 1 character? come ON now

OFC I will sign

/SIGNED.

With abandon.

Signed.

Greedy, plain greedy. Try not to make it so obvious Turbine?

/signed

WB completely ingnored the results of the focus groups for pricing of the Rohan expansion levels and once again have created some fanciful price- with no regard to the customer base- that they want to get for these coloring options.

The village idiot has been found and they are working for WB...
    If you ain't dyin' then you ain't tryin'...
    [url]http://andurula.blogspot.com[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000013c508/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed.

Unhappy

Sadly I'm already seeing many have bought these dyes. If idiots are buying them can't see them getting lowered. Shame, total shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    Discovered that outfitting my warsteed with the cosmetics from the Steed of the Hunter do not render in the same color as my 2000 TP steed. Instead, I have to buy a 595TP color pack to make my Steed of the Hunter cosmetics match the steed itself. Unacceptable.
    That's absolutely ridiculous. We were led to believe we would get a matching warsteed appearance, and a lot of people only bought the class mounts after that offer was made available because they wanted their warsteed to, oh, match their class mount? Now we have to not only spend an extra 595 TP to get the appropriate gear that matches the class mount's gear, but also another 1190 TP to get the right hide and tail colors that match the class mount. And it isn't even just about the class mounts... that's a very steep price for any person to have to pay to have a decent-looking warsteed. 'Cause let me tell you, the plain gray steed doesn't look near as majestic and fierce as a colored war horse.

Oh, in case I forgot to mention in one of my earlier posts... /signed

/signed

Steed customization was one of your sellling points for the expansion. Now we pay more and more for advertised features? Make it account wide at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldoc87 View Post
    If [people] are buying them can't see them getting lowered.
    I was going to post something similar but ran out of time. I do point the finger at the community for the pricing. The reason we have $25.00 mounts for a single toon is because people buy them. It really is that simple. I think people don't realize that complaining after a purchase only solidifies that the price was spot-on. It means they found the perfect spot to convince people on the fence to buy. If its too cheap, EVERYONE buys and they raise the price. (like task resets that used to be 50TP and are now 100 and go on sale for 75).

Threads like this help if no one buys them. Then, Turbine has the feedback as to why. But if enough people buy them, threads like this don't effect the overall price much... as they shouldn't. Actions speak louder than words, and forking money over is the most significant action and vote for "the price is GREAT!" you could ever hope for. If the price was truly wrong... they would get that message fairly quick by people not spending their money. If sales are low, I'd look for sale for them to test the market desire. If they go 20% off and everyone bites, don't expect the price to lower more than 20%.

That said, I wouldn't call anyone names for buying what they see fit in the game. If colors mean that much and they have the money (or perhaps even the free TP) to get them, they should. As much as I don't like the store... mount colors are the perfect thing for it, and I want to see Turbine make money here more than any other place, because I don't like seeing stat tomes, LI scrolls, skills, advantages, etc in the store.

I think a lot of people bought the colors initially because they didn't do the math (guilty) didn't realize they were bound to the character (guilty) and/or didn't realize that out of the whole pack there is maybe one decent looking color in the bunch (guilty). I didn't see a 'try on' feature or did I miss that too?

I think a lot of people will try the colors. I am not sure many people will buy more and threads like this might educate a few people before they buy. Having some big guns in the lotro cosmetics blogosphere making their voices heard in opposition isn't going to help sales of the horse cosmetics either.
    If you ain't dyin' then you ain't tryin'...
    [url]http://andurula.blogspot.com[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000013c508/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

Make them 295 tp max and account wide and I will buy every single one, I won't be able help myself At 595 and on a per character basis, my plain hobbit-sense kicks in and there's no way I'll ever buy any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by isbjorn View Post
    LOL... your signature is too perfect for this thread :P

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    If they don't want to lower the price, then the ability to purchase each colour separately is what they need to introduce. 600tp for 4? Then 150 for 1.
    I agree completely. 150 TP for one color sounds reasonable, I would buy it even if it's just for one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbis View Post
    /signed

I agree completely. 150 TP for one color sounds reasonable, I would buy it even if it's just for one character.
    At the moment it is 150TP per one colour; you just can't buy them separately.

Lightbulb Suggestion: one hide color at a time, consumables for gear just like character gear

Sadly I agree that the price is not right in the current presentation. I understand its a cosmetic - it is not essential to gameplay. I understand its an unlock - we can use it over and over again on one character, thus increasing its value in.

What I don't understand is why they are grouped together at 4 colors worth 595 (almost $6 in real money), especially per character, when most people only want one of the 4. So lets say I want one color of hide, a different color of tail/mane, and a different color of gear dye. 595 x 3 = 1785 for ONE character's cosmetics, plus 9 colors I didn't want and won't use. Even if they stayed current price and went account wide, to cover several toons you may need all the packs - 5 X 11 packs = 6545 almost the cost of the expansion! Yes, its not essential to gameplay - BUT the heart of this expansion is the new mounted system, and to conform to the Rohirrim spirit of love and passion for their steeds, we should have a reasonable method of being able to love our steeds without killing our pocketbooks in the process! I'm not saying free and not even necessarily cheaper, but the way its set up seems to be the issue.

In the past, gear has always been able to be dyed via dyes created in game or bought in the store for significantly less than this price (though one color at a time). Those dyes were, understandably, consumable. That makes sense - gear can be dyed and re-dyed over and over, but you have to go get the dye and once its used, its gone. So for the gear dye, I can grudgingly accept this price since it is reusable instead of consumable, though I believe it would be more reasonable to sell it one color at a time for the same price as current consumable dyes. I do think, however, that at least for the gear we should be able to craft CONSUMABLE dyes in game. Not permanent, consumable. The same way its always been for gear. To conform to the existing standard, this makes sense: Consumable craftables, and/or permanent (but pricey) store unlock ONE color at a time for the gear only.

I understand that "dying" a horse makes no sense, so having a consumable for horse hide colors would be just plain silly. Changing the color is kind of like buying a "new" horse, so it should understandably have a cost. If I could buy the colors one at a time for say 100 or even up to 250TP per color per character, I would be content with that. Or if I could buy the pack at the current price (or even up to say 950) for account wide use, I'd be content with that. It puts a reasonable cost on acquiring a "new" horse for my stable (meaning, a different color). I don't think the pricing for horse hides is totally unreasonable (the prices I suggest are mostly higher actually) - I just think we should be able to chose one color at a time, or if it must be in packs, then account wide. I think you would get far more sales of individual colors for hides, even at 250 a pop per character, than you will off packs. Its not that the price of 4 colors is too high - its that most people don't NEED all 4 colors in a pack, and take offense at paying for things they don't need.

In short:
    1. Gear dye one color consumables in game crafting/in store just like existing character gear, using one consumable per peice of gear.
    2. Gear dye permanent one color at a time in store, 250 per color per character (maybe more if consumables are available).
    3. Horse hide colors one color at a time, 250 per color per character OR horse hide color packs 950 account wide.
    [CENTER][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61519228/lotroforumsig.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE=2][COLOR="#9999ff"]Freeps: Lavendel - Rinoril - Lavendeleth - Lavendelita - Therrin
    Creeps: Makimut - Makinid[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE]

/signed The prices are ridiculous.

A little off topic, but are there actually any war steed cosmetics in game other than the fugly one from wold? Yet to see any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldoc87 View Post
    A little off topic, but are there actually any war steed cosmetics in game other than the fugly one from wold? Yet to see any others.
    There are 4 appearance traits per region from questing. The epic gives 1 more trait.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast