We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    I would pay 150 TP for an individual color I like. I will not pay 595 TP for 4 colors, considering I am only interested in one or two of those 4.

I am highly disappointed that purchasing a store exclusive horse in order to get the war-steed appearance doesn't give you the color and/or hide options that you get with the standard version of that mount. In many cases, that was a primary factor in my deciding to buy a certain steed.

This sums up exactly how I feel about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    As soon as the colours are sold individually at 150TP per colour, I will most certainly buy my favorite selection of dyes. If the colour-packs remain as they are now, but become account wide, I will purchase all packs knowing it will be a life-time investment. However, as long as the situation remains as it is, I regret to say that I won't be purchasing beyond the one pack that bought yesterday, and will sadly say goodbye to all the wonderful outfitting expectations I had about Rohan.
    Last edited by cdpengys; Oct 17 2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Ketani

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    At least make them account wide. Then it wouldn't feel like a kick in the gut so much, y'know?
    Ditto.

/signed

In a nutshell, the prices are unreasonable. This very loyal player will not be purchasing them as is. Sold separately or in packs of my choosing are both reasonable requests.

Too bad, I was so looking forward to war steed cosmetics.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000012a057/01008/signature.png]Rasraen[/charsig]

[url]Http://theivylotro.squarespace.com[/url]

Ludicrous pricing...

So I'd just like to point out how truly extortionate these prices are (I can't remember how many dye packs there are exactly, going with 6, but the point stands if its only 5, or is 7):

595TP (there or there abouts) for each dye pack. (So for the calculation of big numbers, which we're going to get to, say 600)

There are 6 dye packs for the hair colour. So 6 x 600 = 3600TP.

However, then for body colour, we also have to pay that amount all over again. So 3600 x 2 = 7200TP.

And then, say you have a minimum of two characters in Rohan. 7200TP x 2 = 14400TP. (or thereabouts, maybe heading down towards 12700 if you take off all the 5s...)

14,400. We're now talking double/triple expansion size... (And just imagine with 4 characters, or even 9 - anyone got ~65,00TP?)

It may seem that I'm being a bit silly in suggesting that people buy all the dye packs. So lets go for a more reasonable amount - say two for the body colour, and two for the hair colour.

That's 595 x 4 = 2380TP.

And say you have a minimum of two characters: 4760TP.

So, in the second scenario, even if you've chosen 1 colour which you like for the steed and body at the beginning, and then decide at 85 you wish to change (and I know a lot of people who enjoy messing around with their cosmetics), and this happens on two characters, you have now spent the equivalent to kitting out a brand new creep entirely from the store, or purchased an expansion (forgive me if my figures here aren't entirely accurate, but I think it was Mirkwood or Isengard which I saw on sale for 4000TP?)

Even at the very basic, buying one set of colours for hair and body, you are still 1190TP worse off. And this is just for dyeing your steed.

That figure can be multiplied by the amount of characters you have which you decide to take into Rohan - I'm planning to bring in about four to start with. So either I bring them all in and decide to have the same generic horse colours as everybody else, or I am less rich by ~4800TP.

These prices are utterly extortionate - and these items are not available anywhere else. I can understand their expense if people are simply choosing to be lazy rather than buying dyes from a scholar - that after all is what the store is for, convenience (I'd use a dev quote if I could find one). But as these are the only locations where you can find the dyes, the prices are simply wrong. In addition to this, many of us just paid for a legendary edition of the expansion to find that not even a single dye pack was included. This is simply wrong.

My suggestions for improvement (not all of these should necessarily be implemented together - 2 without a cooldown is incompatible with the others, and one and four need not both be implemented, as if the dyes are so cheap, nearly everyone can buy the first pack and have no need for the free one):

1) Make each dye pack 100TP. While still not cheap, it makes the cost more acceptable.

2) Make dyes craftable by scholars - as others have suggested, perhaps a cooldown on the recipes if you wish them to be rare, but give scholars the recipe all the same.

3) Make dyes a semi-regular drop in warband reward box. At the moment, the only decent thing to come from these was a pennant from Floodwend that I've recieved - marks at next to useless, especially in such small quantities, so its time to put something useful in there, to make killing warbands worthwhile (other than the xp).

4) Make one dye pack (for both horse hair and horse body) free. This doesn't have to include the exotic colours, but having at least four different colours to swap around would greatly reduce the monotony of riding across Rohan and seeing everyone with identically coloured steeds. I KNOW that there are ways of customising your steeds other than colour, but colour is an essential part of the customisation process.

5) If they are made account wide, then the cost needs to be reduced, because 7200TP is still too expensive. A flat 4000/5000TP is just about justifiable.

Out of these suggestions, three and four work well together, as do one and two. Account wide, buying all dyes for body and hair, 7200TP still seems to expensive. Please, Turbine, consider implementing either one or both of these sets of ideas, because at the moment, the pricing structures, and the lack of availability are draining colour from the otherwise beautiful world of Rohan.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Tirian-Hammerfist; Oct 17 2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Realised my maths needed a bit of readjusting! (Though not to Turbine's benefit - I actually miscalculated downwards!)
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

./signed

so expensive and not even account bound.. sort it out Turbine
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000066cd5/signature.png]Callie[/charsig]
    Caitlyin, Captain --- Calead, Warden ---Rílaísseth, Champion --- Narthivor, RK --- Unguilant r5 Weaver
    All on Laurelin --- Proud member of Les Adorables

Dead Dye!

I agree with all are saying about TP prices for Warsteed colors but lets get back to Scholors who make the dye.
    Keep it simple and reasonable lotro,,,,Dye crafted should be usable on the mounts period! This will also bring back some AH action!

You have been weighed, measured, and found lacking.
    You are your virtues!

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    The pricing for the war-steed dyes is based on the fact that they are not consumable items. You are purchasing the ability to permanently unlock the color options for your steeds on a particular character. So you will be able to switch your colors as often as you like on that character.
    Oh, and this... permanently unlocking these colours per character is not worth 7200TP. Maybe per account, but not per character.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

I understand that its permenant, but even with you being able to have it always doesnt constitute THAT type of price for 4 dyes!!! Make it account wide or else make it so that TP's are easier to get ingame. I think the amount of TP's you currently get from deeds has always been crazy anyway...seriously....5 to 10 for each deed? Most are 5 and thats just insane. I will not being buying any...better things I could spend them on that is decently priced or else account wide.

Lol I dont hope they are going to change the prices, becouse i bought 4 colour packs already =D
    If they would change the price i would have thrown away alot of TP =(
    R8 Gellthil Spider, 100 Champion Gellthir, 100 Captain Gelltheir, 100 Burglar Gellethir, some alts =)
    Proud to be First officer of [URL="http://www.thechildrenofiluvatar.org"]www.thechildrenofiluvatar.org[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by GellthirLaingwador View Post
    Lol I dont hope they are going to change the prices, becouse i bought 4 colour packs already =D
    If they would change the price i would have thrown away alot of TP =(
    If they do end up changing them, at least you will have cheaper colour packs for an alt/ free for alts because they may make them account wide

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    If they do end up changing them, at least you will have cheaper colour packs for an alt/ free for alts because they may make them account wide
    Ha lol that's right, not that I play alot on alts or that I have alts high enough to ride a warsteed =D
    R8 Gellthil Spider, 100 Champion Gellthir, 100 Captain Gelltheir, 100 Burglar Gellethir, some alts =)
    Proud to be First officer of [URL="http://www.thechildrenofiluvatar.org"]www.thechildrenofiluvatar.org[/URL]

Ye im a Cosmetic nut, but no way i'm paying 595 for a Fur color...

even Virtues, which are far more valuable to the game play are cheaper... so derp...

/signed
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][B]-Faustino Hasharin-
    [/B][/COLOR][SIZE=2][I][B][COLOR=#800080]The House of Midnight[/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000000e67d0/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The price is just an insolent rip off. I could understand if it was an account unlock, but having you to pay ~600 points for just one character and for only a part of the dyeable options is just beyond words.

Please lower the price or turn it into an account unlock...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a000000082fa9/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

As soon as I read, "you can unlock more from the store"... meaning, "these don't drop in game"... I knew I wouldn't be dying my steed ever. Then I saw the price.

While I agree that this is the kind of thing that should be in the store (over all the advantages that are there), I can't comprehend the costs of items. Mega-transactions is not the MMO model I like.

Based on the $20.00 TP cards in the states (the only one available now), one color pack for one toon costs $7.50. Most of the full games I buy from GOG cost less than that. And this is a color... for one toon...

Obviously if it sells (bears the market) you should keep the price... But along with many other items, I don't see how this will last.

/signed.

This pricing is flat out stupid.

I would almost guarantee that Turbine would make way more Store sales out of this if the the packs were 100-195TP, as I'd not hesitate to buy one to let me set up each of my characters mounts to suit them. At this price, they would have to be account wide to even stand a chance of getting me to buy.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000005cda8/signature.png]Delone[/charsig]
    Elebornir 85 LM / Eldanathior 77 Minstrel / Eoemer 75 Champion. Too many alts to list [/center]

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    The pricing for the war-steed dyes is based on the fact that they are not consumable items. You are purchasing the ability to permanently unlock the color options for your steeds on a particular character. So you will be able to switch your colors as often as you like on that character.
    The price is still too much. What about people who have more than one character? At least, for that price, make them account-wide instead of bound to only one character! 595TP for a pack of 4 colours is quite a bit.
    [CENTER][B]Amasha -[/B] [COLOR=#008080]Knights of the White Tree[/COLOR] [B]- Evernight
    Lykena - [/B][COLOR=#b22222]Stalkers[/COLOR][B] - Evernight[/B]
    [/CENTER]

dye pack

The price is absolutely too high and they should be account wide. I agree we should get a choice of the color, but the
    price is still to high. Up until now I thought the store was Ok as I could play quite well without using it, although I have
    supported it quite nicely until now. I have been VIP now for 3 years, but the advantage to it is going downhill fast. I
    am seriously thinking of going FTP and finding another game. I will not be buying the steed things at the current prices, if
    I do buy it will be at sale prices, but by then I probably will be used to the look I now do not enjoy. By the way the steed
    of night color is terrible. Thanks turbine the expansion is great, but the warhorse sucks as I can't afford the prices you want
    to make it better. And to think I am paying every month for this. We are getting ripped off'

I agree with what most people have said. The price is too high, especially as it is per character. I was looking forward to getting the dyes for my mount and cosmetics, but now the only way I would buy them it if I grinded TP for them, which is unlikely. I can't even buy one with a month's worth of VIP TP allowance, I was not expecting that. The prices need to be lowered and/or made account bound. Plus it would've been nice to be able to craft them as a scholar, and make them guild gated.

I definitely agree and have thought the way the store was set up with mounts has been ridiculous all along. Anything mount-related should be account wide for how expensive it is. Why are mounts $28 when only one character can use them? Why does it cost almost $8 to dye a mount for one character? The prices they expect people to pay for these character cosmetics is outrageous considering we'd have to do so for each character.

Some things I can understand being expensive (options buffs and deeds and the like), but cosmetics should never been so expensive, especially when you have to purchase them for each character.

/signed

I'd gladly purchase them if they were at least account wide. But please let us have the ability to choose which colors we would like for our mounts and buy them piecemeal. The points I saved from not getting the (very colorful) Steed of the Minstrel were intended to buy dyes for my warsteed, but I'm holding on to them until they're more reasonably priced.

/signed

It's the same old story, of a company wanting to make a huge profit on something, and failing to understand (again and again, and again) that selling a huge quantity and making a bit on each one is better than selling a few with a huge mark up.

Of course, if/when they lower the price they will go on about how great they are at listening to the community etc etc...
    [size=2][color=red][url=http://thorinsshield.gamerdna.com]Thorin's Shield[/url] Leader[/color][/size]

[size=1]* [color=blue]Judo - Burglar[/color] [color=gold](Main)[/color]
    * [color=slategray]Sudo - Guardian[/color] * [color=green]Dodo - Hunter[/color] * [color="Olive"]Pinot - Minstrel[/color] * [color="Sienna"]Waggle - Warden[/color][/size]

/signed.

Price is absurdly high, period. The fact that I would have to plunk down 595 points when I very likely only want one color in the pack is just stupid. Give me the option to buy just one please. Also, the fact that these are not account wide is sad.

A pack of 4 dyes costs more than a VIP's montly stipend. It costs more than most legendary item upgrades, more than virtues, more than a lot of other things. C'mon Turbine, I have never been one to shy away from getting TP when I see something I like. But I won't pay these prices for this product. No thank you.

/signed

I have not gotten into the game yet (Examine Game Data, nuff said) but even if I was I wouldn't pay those prices. I would first of all want to piece-meal, and they should be account-wide. 150ish TP for one color and account-wide would be much better than 500ish TP for 4 colors and character-only.

Though to be honest... scholars make our dyes, why not our steeds' dyes too? I'm not saying the horse itself (okay, that for TP I can understand) but for things like saddles, etc? Those should really be consumable and crafted by scholars, the same as the ordinary dyes for our characters.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Wow this is very very poor. Up until now I have been loving the expansion but knowing this has put a real downer on the expansion for me. I am a massive fan of the cosmetics system in LOTRO, it's far better than any MMO I have played and I have even paid for cosmetic items and slots from the store. But having to buy dyes from the store at such a high cost and having no way to create/earn them in game is showing an ugly side to Turbine.

I am on VIP and so already pay a lot of money each month, so when my whole monthly allowance of TP is not even enough to buy 1 dye pack for 1 character then something is seriously wrong. There are more and more items being added to the store and yet the TP allowance for VIP members stays the same, how does that make sense? Especially when cosmetic items and dyes have always been obtainable in-game for characters, why is this not the same for war steeds? Add basic cosmetics and dyes as earnable in-game and only add special items to the store.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2022400000012a8a1/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I love cosmetics, I had bought some points at the last sale with the intention of spending them on the warsteeds inevitable cosmetic options and tweaks. However, I have many alts, and 7 ready to head into Rohan (as does my wife) and the amount needed to free up the options on all my characters is prohibitive. As it currently stands I won't be buying any dyes or cosmetics.

I think if they stay priced as they are, they would need to be acount wide, if that was the case I'd probably wait until there was a 30% off your cart sale, and do it that way. Other wise arounf 399-499 for an acount wide pack of 4 would be palatable.

Alternately, if they remain per character they would need to be significantly cheaper, and preferable sold singly. I imagine 70-90TP a colour would be palatable to me, that way I can get the 5ish colours I like, for my 4-500 points, as I won't spend a few thousand points to get access to them, just because they are spread out with less palatable ones.

I appreciate the quality of the expansions, and the great new cosmetic system, but I think the prices are a bit steep.
    [B][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Co Author of The Khazad Guard[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
    [url]http://thekhazadguard.wordpress.com/[/url]

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast