We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Please lower the Dye Color Pack prices!

First of all, I love, love, love the new expansion. I have had minimal problems with it, compared to what I have seen other people have. My only complaint is that the dye packs are WAY over priced. When I was playing in beta, and testing them out, I was really planning to buy them when the game went live. I figured that they would be 100 TP or less. Imagine my surprise when I saw that they were 595 TP! Wow. Can a dev at least shed some light on why they are so outrageously priced, or possibly please lower the prices? I would much appreciate it. Thank you! Now back to questing in Rohan.
    Last edited by Lethareth; Oct 16 2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling error!
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

I agree. There's no way I will buy any of them at this price.

Quote Originally Posted by PerinStone View Post
    I agree. There's no way I will buy any of them at this price.

Dittto. that price is beyond outrageous.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000889b7/01005/signature.png]Perigard[/charsig]

Yeah. They are way too expensive. Knock them down about 200 points, and then it might be more reasonable. At 595, I really can't justify buying any dyes. Maybe if they were account wide, or had more than one dye pack. The steed coat colors are even worse, since you only get dyes within a shade, so brown and black are separate packs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000171132/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

OUCH ...

I was curoius about that .. I was expecting it would be about the same cost as a cosmetic .. 195 - 295

dye pack, new character on server - account wide, dye pack, new character on server - account wide...

tough choice .. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The first really sad thing I have heard about actual content ....
    [CENTER]When in Danger, When in Doubt, Run in Circles, Scream & Shout
    [/CENTER]

/signed. Current prices are ridiculous. I was stupid enough to actually buy one, then realize that it only unlocked 4 colors....for almost 600 points?

Not to mention it's absolutely unfair that we don't get any coat/tail colors to start with even if we paid real money for the expansion. I mean, I'd expect to have to buy some colors (and probably would) , but all of them? We get some starter colors for tack, so why not for coat/tails?

Also /signed for lowering the dye color pack prices. I would buy some, but not at the price they are now.
    Last edited by Zentoki; Oct 16 2012 at 03:02 PM.
    [center][size=1][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/2zrp7hi.jpg[/img]
    [u]ELENDILMIR[/u]: NIBENETH - LVL 85 ELF HUNTER // SILPHIUM - LVL 55 HOBBIT WARDEN[/size][/center]

I bought one too but even worse, I didn't get anything. Nothing on the appearance panel, nothing in my bags. =/
    Jaednor Wishsong
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/062050000001c0619/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

/signed

Definitely needs to be lowered. I bought one for my mini.. but now my rk isn't going to have the look she wants until I grind the heck out of some tp.

Help me recreate this, Turbine!! A Bat on a pretty horsey is a smiling Bat!

I agree wholeheartedly. The expansion has been very enjoyable but the cost and per characterness of the colors leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    [url=http://ponyloversanonymous.wordpress.com/]Pony Lovers Anonymous[/url]
    Matching outfits to the steeds of Middle-Earth
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520300000018379f/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Totally agree. However, I'm not going to hold my breath. They'll probably wait and track sales for awhile and if people are buying them, they aren't going to lower the price.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

If they don't want to lower the price, then the ability to purchase each colour separately is what they need to introduce. 600tp for 4? Then 150 for 1.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

QuarterMasterL is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    The pricing for the war-steed dyes is based on the fact that they are not consumable items. You are purchasing the ability to permanently unlock the color options for your steeds on a particular character. So you will be able to switch your colors as often as you like on that character.

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    The pricing for the war-steed dyes is based on the fact that they are not consumable items. You are purchasing the ability to permanently unlock the color options for your steeds on a particular character. So you will be able to switch your colors as often as you like on that character.
    That's not exactly true. Same colors cannot be used on both equipment and steed. Black must be purchased twice for the same steed! With all due respect, at these outrageous prices they should be account wide.

The pricing on the color packs, consumable or not, is plain highway robbery.

I had set some money aside to convert into TP knowing there would be stuff for warsteeds on the store I wanted.

I am not going to out of principle. I will wait and only buy color packs from the monthly TP I get from my lifetime account. This really puts a halt on some of the plans I had for WARSTEEDS.com, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money on COLORS which in all honesty should probably be included in VIP accounts to begin with.

Oh wait... one month of VIP TP isn't even enough to cover a single color pack...
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Agree. This price is just unbelievable. ~ 295-495 for cosmetic and 50-95 for each skin. And drop more ingame, from quest or mobs would be great.

They aren't even account wide? Absurd. I guess my steeds aren't changing colors!

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterL View Post
    If it was account wide even, it may be justifiable.

However, I'm sorry dearest blue name...it really is too high.

I do agree that changing to single color purchases would be better..I ended up with olive. Olive? Uhh..not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    If they don't want to lower the price, then the ability to purchase each colour separately is what they need to introduce. 600tp for 4? Then 150 for 1.
    I would feel marginally better about the situation if this happened. Some of those colors look like puke and I do not want them.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Norwrei View Post
    That's not exactly true. Same colors cannot be used on both equipment and steed. Black must be purchased twice for the same steed! With all due respect, at these outrageous prices they should be account wide.
    This. Prices are way too high for something at the character level when we've always had the ability to DYE things in the past.

Also, the fact that the COLOR is an aspect of the appearance given in the store description in which we're told we'll have an equivalent War-steed MOUNT appearance traits for the mount we purchased.

Put on all the steed of night traits we get with the purchase. It's still NOT a 'DARK CHARCOAL '

From the Steed of Night page
    Unlock this Premium Mount Bundle to get the travel mount and the matching War-steed Appearance!

This magnificent steed has a DARK CHARCOAL coat with glistening chocolate undertones, amber eyes and is bedecked with a glimmering saddle pad, a fiery neck guard and reinforced leather saddle, bridle and leg boots. This steed has 250 health and allows you to travel 68% faster than running on foot, making it faster and stronger than many other mounts! Once purchased this skill can be found in the Mounts area of the Skill panel (hit 'k' then click the Mounts tab at the top right-hand corner)
    Dark Charcoal (a key feature of this mount), such that its the FIRST one you list, is not given to us with the purchase. The closest we can come is 'Steed Color Unlock Pack 2'

Permanently gain the ability to dye your War-steed's coat, mane and tail in four new colours on this Character. This pack includes: Dark Grey, Charcoal, Sooty and Black.
    ; It costs 595 TP / char
    Last edited by Crell_1; Oct 16 2012 at 08:00 PM.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I would prefer individual colors over the packs too. When I look at the packs there are colors that I would never use. Selling them individually at least allows you to pick the colors that you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiritier View Post
    Agree. This price is just unbelievable. ~ 295-495 for cosmetic and 50-95 for each skin. And drop more ingame, from quest or mobs would be great.
    For the skins, that's very reasonable. The color packs I would just rather buy each color separately cause I will probably only use just 1 or 2.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Am I misunderstanding something, or is this all just about cosmetics?

Yes, introducing individual colors to the store would be perfect, like I mentioned in the suggestions post -- I only want one color per hide and tail/mane, because I want him to remain the same horse, no matter what cosmetics he's wearing. I would never use the other three colors that come in the pack... Which would, technically be a partial waste of TPs then.
    [center][size=1][img]http://i60.tinypic.com/2zrp7hi.jpg[/img]
    [u]ELENDILMIR[/u]: NIBENETH - LVL 85 ELF HUNTER // SILPHIUM - LVL 55 HOBBIT WARDEN[/size][/center]

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast