We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Can't enter Caras Galadhon to start book 7

Gday all,

This is odd, I previously completed Vol. III Book 6 so I'm ready for RoR epic quests.

And I got the letter from Galadriel inviting me to start book 7 at her place.

But I cannot enter Caras Galadhon - I get "Using that has no effect" at the door.

My standing with the Galadhrim is only Acquaintance, I guess that is the problem, apparently Friend is needed to enter.

But how did I get Book 6 done then?

I'm confused...
    Any help appreciated - or do I just have to grind Galadhrim rep up to friend?

Iasion

You got book 6 done bcos it ported you directly in front of Galadriel when it ended. What you need to do is use a rope that is found outside Caras Galadhon.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000022dccc/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Ioreleth, 75 Guardian / Nemuiles, 75 Minstrel
    Maukog, R2 Stalker

if you're L75, acquaintance to friend would take you half an hour max IMO - pick up a few quests from around the vineyards, vapourise a few L60 lizards and you'll be there in no time.

someone was saying that there's a rope you can climb up next to the gate, but i thought they might be joking?

To the left-hand side of the gate at Caras Galadhon there is a rope hanging from a flet, climbing it will take you inside to speak to Galadriel if you dont have the necessary rep.

The rope IS a joke, right?

Anyway, the reputation in this area is easy to get. The epic quest line in the area alone will reward you 10k points. You need 30k to enter (I think you need to be friend). Then you turn in the quest which is given by the guard at the front gate and you are in.

btw, you didn't by any chance click the stable master inside Caras Galadhorn? There are quick travels to Inner Caras Galadhorn from several quest hub locations (21st hall, Rivendell, Galtrev, Stangard?)

The rope is not a joke. It's a solution for those who don't have the Lothlorien quest pack.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000022dccc/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Maukog, R2 Stalker

6 Waterbank Road, Menellant, Falathlorn, Meneldor
    yup, there is a rope. Tree to the left. Just checked.
    [CENTER]Whitestar Rangers : Meneldor : 7
    Four Horse men of the aPUGalypse : Landroval : 6
    And First of All, [B]Badfinn[/B] : Meneldor : One of the Few Remaining Male Weavers.[/CENTER]

The rope is deffo not a joke.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000000fc0e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Somehow that information about a rope has cheapened the whole Lothlorien play we did a few years back. I could have managed to accept a port as in the previous book, but the idea that the inhabitants Caras Galadhon would be so careless as to leave a dangling rope is taking the suspension of beleif a step too far.

In On Fairy Stories JRRT discusses how a secondary creation must command secondary belief in order to make an immersive, story, someone clearly forgot that.
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    Somehow that information about a rope has cheapened the whole Lothlorien play we did a few years back. I could have managed to accept a port as in the previous book, but the idea that the inhabitants Caras Galadhon would be so careless as to leave a dangling rope is taking the suspension of beleif a step too far.

In On Fairy Stories JRRT discusses how a secondary creation must command secondary belief in order to make an immersive, story, someone clearly forgot that.
    They forgot it when they removed the acquaintance standing requirement to enter the wood itself with update 7.
    Maukog, R2 Stalker

I believe the rope was added for people who do not own the Lothlorien quest pack. They would still not be able to get the quest "The Paths of Caras Galadhon" (which allows you to pass through the gate) even if they somehow did have enough rep from doing the volume2 epics.

The rope is not a joke. It is there for players who do not have Lothorien completed or the quest pack there. Epic Quests are open to all players regardless of their quest packs or expansions. The rope is a solution for this quest line.

If you have access to CG you cannot use the rope. You must enter thru the gates.
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel

Thanks all,

There IS a rope :-)

I'm on my way...

Iasion

Quote Originally Posted by SabrielofLorien View Post
    The rope is not a joke. It is there for players who do not have Lothorien completed or the quest pack there. Epic Quests are open to all players regardless of their quest packs or expansions. The rope is a solution for this quest line.

If you have access to CG you cannot use the rope. You must enter thru the gates.
    I've got kindred there and used the rope instead of the gate just to see where it would drop me and it worked fine.

Hello!

The little-known thing about the rope is that you need to have completed Volume 3, Book 6 to be able to use it. Think of it as compensation. If you bought the Lorien quest pack and took the time to get the rep, you can jump right in. If you didn't buy the pack, then you're expected to at least participate in the (entirely free) story. Which everyone obviously wants to do anyway, right?

If you're still confused, you can check out the flow chart I made to clarify this issue: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Flow-Chart%29
    --The Wayfarers' Guild--
    A heavy RP adventure kinship on Landroval
    --The Broken Cask--
    Landroval's oldest Player-run RP tavern

So let me get this straight. There is a requirement to Start Vol3 Book7 in a previous way?

Regardless of if it takes 10 mins or 10 days why is there a requirement-gate to get this epic, while there's none on the rest?

This is a start of a new expansion. That's insane that the forethought wasn't put into this for people who cannot or do not meet any of the aforementioned requirements to get the quest. Why do we meet in Lorien? Why not somewhere else that IS NOT REP GATED. Come on turbine please fix this. There wasn't a prerequisite to start Moria or Dunland epics, why is there one for Rohan??? To make us Buy stuff? That's so cheap. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that this is simply a glitch or an oversight and not truly Working As Intended.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

Quote Originally Posted by Exion_Blade View Post
    So let me get this straight. There is a requirement to Start Vol3 Book7 in a previous way?

Regardless of if it takes 10 mins or 10 days why is there a requirement-gate to get this epic, while there's none on the rest?

This is a start of a new expansion. That's insane that the forethought wasn't put into this for people who cannot or do not meet any of the aforementioned requirements to get the quest. Why do we meet in Lorien? Why not somewhere else that IS NOT REP GATED. Come on turbine please fix this. There wasn't a prerequisite to start Moria or Dunland epics, why is there one for Rohan??? To make us Buy stuff? That's so cheap. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that this is simply a glitch or an oversight and not truly Working As Intended.
    What are you talking about?

Did you even read anything other than the OP?

Nothing is rep gated and nothing requires a store purchase.
    How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine

Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.

Actually, the rope no longer works. I had a low-rep toon I ran through a month or so ago and had to run around doing rep quests so I could get in to do the book.

Just last week I got a 50s toon there and was also unable to use the rope.

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but as far as I know it's no longer possible to do V3B6 without getting Friend reputation with Lothlorien.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha42 View Post
    Actually, the rope no longer works. I had a low-rep toon I ran through a month or so ago and had to run around doing rep quests so I could get in to do the book.

Just last week I got a 50s toon there and was also unable to use the rope.

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but as far as I know it's no longer possible to do V3B6 without getting Friend reputation with Lothlorien.
    The rope only works for characters that have completed v3b6 and have need to access Galadriel to start b7.