We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Horse Dye Cost

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    Players who bought a steed of night bought a BLACK mount, and you can't call a non-black WAR-STEED of night an equivalent cosmetic can you?

The prices are nuts. They're a slap in the face to anyone who spent $ for the expansion. Make your money selling the skins, NOT the colors.
    Áctually the steed of night is brownish and I painted the warsteed black, but it's still too bright.

turbine promised us the appearance if I remember correctly, but we only got the gear and the headpiece certainly looks different.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumi View Post
    Áctually the steed of night is brownish and I painted the warsteed black, but it's still too bright.

turbine promised us the appearance if I remember correctly, but we only got the gear and the headpiece certainly looks different.
    Their own store description and color pallet declares the description as 'dark charcoal', which they wont sell us, but 'charcoal' is as close as we can get..and its definitely more black than brown
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I'm gonna sign on it being too high.

Make it an account-wide for that price, or lower the price to something a bit more reasonable. 100-200? Or let my scholar make something for it. C'mon now.

Agree with everything that's been said! I was really looking forward to the cosmetic side of things, but it's been a huge dissapointment. I assumed that when we got the steed we'd be able to at least customise the steed's initial colour or something for free, make it a bit personal.

Ripped Off!

I bought the Steed of Night a couple months ago and was excited to hear my warsteed would be able to equip all the cosmetics from it to make it look the SAME as led to believe. When I went to equip the hide, there was no black hide as an option! Sucker I am bought the black dye in the Lotro Store which comes with three other colors. There is NO DIFFERENCE in three of the dyes in this dye pack purchased..they are all charcoal colored!! The black is not black...extremely disappointing! The Steed of the Minstrel hide is not available as a hide option for the warsteed either! Turbine is ripping people off. Unless there is some type of bug associated here?? I want the dye pack refunded and the hide colors from the horses I purchased as cosmetic options!

The horse dye prices are definitely too high for me, very disappointing.

The only reason I even considered buying a Steed of the Minstrel was because of the cosmetic dye options for Warsteeds.

But after seeing how much it will cost to customize my Warsteed, now I won't be buying the Steed of the Minstrel (or any other premium steed), let alone any of the dye packs. When I get my Warsteed I will be happy to have it be just a plain old horse.

I was really looking forward to being able to customize my horse but those prices are way too high. I guess I'll have to make do with drops until they go on sale or turbine lowers them!

Quote Originally Posted by Arodion View Post
    I was really looking forward to being able to customize my horse but those prices are way too high. I guess I'll have to make do with drops until they go on sale or turbine lowers them!
    Horse dyes do NOT drop.

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasm_society View Post
    Come on beta players, you're supposed to be our ambassadors. Didn't any of you notice that we'd have to pay for that closet of cosmetics you got to play with? That the actual price wasn't known isn't an excuse, you had to know we'd all have to pay if we wanted anything that wasn't as commonplace as a naked grey horse.
    Lol, you really think beta testers complaining about having to pay for horse cosmetics was going to stop them from charging us for them? You so funny!

For what it's worth, beta testers did complain about this stuff.

But honestly, fluff cosmetics is what the store is supposed to be about! I'm no fan of Turbine's store because they're not kept it to fluff. I have no problem with them offering different looks in the store, just as they do with our characters' cosmetics. That's the point of a cash shop (which I'm not opposed to if done right, like in GW2.) Turbine has given us some cosmetics for our horse that we can earn ingame, so no one will have a naked horse... though unless you're lucky and get a skin drop out of a lootbox, you'll have a grey horse, which I agree is lame.

I don't have a problem with them selling additional colours in the store (for a LOT lower that what they're selling now and make it account wide), but I do have a problem with being given zero chance to pick something I like when I first got the steed. I think that would have appeased people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothirieth View Post
    Turbine has given us some cosmetics for our horse that we can earn ingame, so no one will have a naked horse... though unless you're lucky and get a skin drop out of a lootbox, you'll have a grey horse, which I agree is lame.
    1. There's only 1 drop skin, and its from a warband box, not a lootbox. 2. Its still a grey horse. Just a spotted grey horse.

11. I didn't realise there was a store thread for this too.
    I'll also post the link in the first post.
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...or-Pack-prices!

I'm guessing those who set the Store prices all ride to work with a kerchief tied across their faces and a set of pistols in their belts.

Totally outrageous pricing - especially because they are PER CHARACTER. I can feel an "OMFG!" moment coming on.....

1. There's only 1 drop skin, and its from a warband box, not a lootbox. 2. Its still a grey horse. Just a spotted grey horse.
    Apologies for missing out on the word "warband". *rolls eyes*

As an aside, where are the other hides? I didn't see them in the store anywhere.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sigram View Post
    As an aside, where are the other hides? I didn't see them in the store anywhere.
    The store seems to be having issues with its offerings at the moment. Most things are missing. Its quite possible they're waiting to phase them into the store as limited time offers.

I pointed out the lootbox vs warband distinction because 1 you can reliably farm for 'free' and one has a TP equivalent cost to open.

I've bought several horses for 1,995 TP and will probably buy more. I certainly have no problem paying a mere 30% of that for a set of dyes that let me configure a horse's coloring as I like. It seems like a pretty good deal, and I'll probably buy several of these dye sets once I get the warsteeds to use them on. I'll most likely get all of them for my champion (he's my horse collector) and one or two for each of my other main characters.

I know there are other players who are stingier with their TP and won't spend that much on something purely cosmetic, but it shouldn't be surprising that those who will spend TP on cosmetics have more cosmetics than people who won't. If you don't want to spend anything for them, well, the default grey is quite a beautiful coloring anyway and you get that one for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothirieth View Post
    Lol, you really think beta testers complaining about having to pay for horse cosmetics was going to stop them from charging us for them? You so funny!
    What's funny is you thinking that nothing has ever been changed due to beta testers complaining about it. Oh ye of little faith. No, they don't change everything beta testers complain about. But they certainly take our opinions into account. They just choose to release some things as is to the general populace and if they sink like a lead balloon, they eventually get changed.
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    I've bought several horses for 1,995 TP and will probably buy more. I certainly have no problem paying a mere 30% of that for a set of dyes that let me configure a horse's coloring as I like. It seems like a pretty good deal, and I'll probably buy several of these dye sets once I get the warsteeds to use them on. I'll most likely get all of them for my champion (he's my horse collector) and one or two for each of my other main characters.

I know there are other players who are stingier with their TP and won't spend that much on something purely cosmetic, but it shouldn't be surprising that those who will spend TP on cosmetics have more cosmetics than people who won't. If you don't want to spend anything for them, well, the default grey is quite a beautiful coloring anyway and you get that one for free.
    I've spent a good amount of TP, both earned in game via deeds, given to me via VIP benefit and that I've actually purchased with my credit card, on all sorts of cosmetics, dyes (when I am too lazy to go to the AH or make them), premium steeds (hunter and steed of night), emotes, etc., etc., etc.

When I see that it is going to cost me 1785TP to get the three color packs I need to make ONE characters steed the way I want it, after having spent $70 on legendary fluff to begin with, I see it as a slap in the face. Turbine could make a whole lot more money on this if they would sell the colors individually and offer them as an account wide unlock, at the very least.

Until then I will be so stingy with my TPs that I currently have - I wont even spend them, on anything. Buying more? Not any time soon.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com

Dye packs need to:

1) Cost somewhat less. Maybe 400-500 TP.
    2) Be account-wide unlocks.
    3) Work for both horse body parts and tack.

There are what...3 different color packs? You have to double that for the tack, which puts you at 3600 TP just to open up all dye colors on one toon. I will gladly shell out TP for skins (like the spotted one I got from a warband lootbox), individual pieces of tack and maybe even exclusive mount appearances like class mounts. I see those as the equivalent of buying cosmetics for our toons in the store.

However, dyes have *always* been available via non-store means, so to introduce a dye system for our warsteeds, move away from the scholar dye paradigm AND charge ludicrous character-specific prices for them all at once is just too far.

I've spent a good amount of TP, both earned in game via deeds, given to me via VIP benefit and that I've actually purchased with my credit card, on all sorts of cosmetics, dyes (when I am too lazy to go to the AH or make them), premium steeds (hunter and steed of night), emotes, etc., etc., etc.

When I see that it is going to cost me 1785TP to get the three color packs I need to make ONE characters steed the way I want it, ...
    1795 TP is still less than 1995 TP. So you'd be getting the ability to customize one character's steed the way you want it for less money than you acknowledge having already spent previously to get one character a horse that doesn't even allow that sort of mix-and-match customization. Sorry, but it still sounds like you (and a lot of other people) are getting more functionality for less TP than before and yet complaining anyway.

... after having spent $70 on legendary fluff to begin with, I see it as a slap in the face.
    Well, I agree it would have been nice to get some of these with the more expensive editions of the expansion. (I bought the legendary edition for one of my two accounts.) But there are a lot of nice-to-have things in the game, and which ones they pick to give out with expansion purchases is a bit hit-and-miss. Whatever extras they choose will interest some players and not others.

Turbine could make a whole lot more money on this if they would sell the colors individually and offer them as an account wide unlock, at the very least.
    There are certainly more ways they could offer them. I could see them doing a single dye for half the cost of a pack, or an account wide version for twice the cost, or other such variations. I don't think players asking for an account wide version for a quarter the price (or less) are being very realistic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gylve View Post

There are what...3 different color packs? You have to double that for the tack, which puts you at 3600 TP just to open up all dye colors on one toon
    There are 12 total. For 6 Hide/Tail, and 6 Equipment packs.
    At a cost of 595 TP each it will take 7140 TP to buy all of the coloring options for 1 character.

22. Niwashi you are in the minority of players who are willing spend vast amounts of money on cosmetics.
    I don't buy the premium steeds because I can't bring my self to pay the equivalent of $22 on a virtual horse on 1 character.
    It seems strange that you advocate to spend more for such a feature instead of saving and buying more for money.
    At the moment most players with War Steeds so far are still sporting the plain grey at least as I've seen.
    I spend my share of TP on player cosmetics (and I've been playing for 5 years with all that sub money) and would if the Horse dyes were more reasonably priced.

Turbine do need to make their money back from ROR's development (it was probably the most expensive to make since launch) they are more likely to make more money from horse dyes if they were better priced.
    It's better to sell 100 at $5 than 20 at $10.

I spend all my TP on cosmetics, or xp tomes, but more often on cosmetics. The thing is, player cosmetics are a lot more reasonably priced. The warsteed barding sets are even extremely fair in price (995 TP for a whole set), and I plan on buying one of those on payday. The dye packs are verging on insanity... It's bad enough we're being gouged at the gas pump every week or two, now we have to be ripped off for four shades of the same color when most of us only want one shade.

Sorry, but I will not pay the near equivalent of what I paid for the expansion ($70) to have the colors I want on each character. It's my honest opinion that some of the colors should have been included with the legendary edition, at the very least, to begin with. I know it's too late for that, but, and correct me if I'm wrong, making it possible to purchase individual colors for cheaper should be an easy addition to the store - once they get it working accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by radspakr
    At the moment most players with War Steeds so far are still sporting the plain grey at least as I've seen.
    I've only seen the plain gray steed around on my server, also.
    Last edited by Zentoki; Oct 17 2012 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrolen View Post
    What's funny is you thinking that nothing has ever been changed due to beta testers complaining about it. Oh ye of little faith. No, they don't change everything beta testers complain about. But they certainly take our opinions into account. They just choose to release some things as is to the general populace and if they sink like a lead balloon, they eventually get changed.
    Nice job coming away with something I never said and putting words in my mouth. :P I certainly don't think Beta testers never get anything changed. I was in beta and I saw first hand that they did (relic shard costs a good example.) But talking specifically about us beta people convincing Turbine not to sell warsteed cosmetics.. c'mon... that's absurd.

I wholeheartedly agree that the current cost is much too high. 595 should be account wide, not per character. There is no way I can afford to buy anything now, and all my characters will be stuck with the grey horse, especially with the decrease in tp from deeds. Not all of us have cash flowing out our ears, turbine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast