We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Horse Dye Cost

I was shocked when I saw the prices. Then to add to my shock I saw they weren't account-wide, but per character (and I have many alts)! Then I saw that you had to buy not only the coat colors but the dye for the cosmetics (which are not account-wide either)! So much for all my scholar work. Not only that, but I have to buy a 4 color pack to get just the one color I'd actually use!

This has got to be a mistake. You'd need over 2,000 TP PER CHARACTER just to customize ONE warsteed! (995 for cosmetic set, 595 for coat color pack, and 595 for cosmetic color pack. Do you have to pay for the mane and tail colors, too, or do the coat colors also work there?) Expecting the average player to pay such an exorbitant amount doesn't seem like a realistic revenue plan.

Is there any way to earn these things in game through quests and kills? If so are they purchasable in the AH? There's got to be some kind of alternative.
    [center][b][color=#33CCFF]Pointy stick flinger of d00m. (tm)[/color]
    [color=#999999])))[/color][color=#cc9966]===========[/color][color=#ccffff]}>[/color][/b][/center]

[center][color=#ff33cc]Avabella 65 Hobbit Guardian | Avawyn 65 Human Warden | Elenath 65 Elf Hunter | Elnauriel 65 Elf Lore Master | Rosalily 65 Hobbit Warden | Ariabela Hobbit Minstrel | Eluiniel Elf Runekeeper[/color][/center]

Since F2P can use mounted combat too, it does make sense.

Yeah. It's just too expensive. Cut the cost in half, make it account wide, or allow individual dyes to be purchased at a lower cost.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000171132/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

Thumbs up

I hadn't even checked on colour prices, as I had not yet picked up my Warsteed. But I was chatting with Figgy about the minstrel steed last night, when I managed to look up warsteed colour packs and found the prices on these. Let's just say that the colour drained from my face, as pale as the default warsteed. And when I finally went to sleep this morn, with one thought on my mind, "highway robbery man, highway robbery".

Well, I enjoyed it on the beta. A shame. It was very fun, and I did have exciting plans for colour combos. (think Palomino or Buckskin) I have one 75, and she is not breaking the tp bank for all the colours, until they either become reasonable, or across account.

They couldn't even gift us the colours of purchased normal Hengstacers steeds? Heck even default blonde sorrel would have been welcomed. Bay, Blood Bay & Chestnut too. Everyone else has pretty much covered all points of my disappointment, and my shattered excitement for Rohan horses. +rep all around for consolation, but I don't think anyone can console this miserable money/tp pit in ones stomach.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Yeah, thats funny.. pay for 4 colour packs.
    But if we pay, please decrease the Dye cost, maybe 200-250/pack

As I was saying to you last night, Griffy, I'm really glad I got the Minstrel Steed now. It costs too much to customise the look of my pony in other ways, and I'm glad that I can make her stand out a little.

The only good point so far is that they allow you a few colour options for free on the decorations.

[CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

I love the game, new content. I love Rohan but as my grandmother used to say.."You can't can't get blood out of a turnip", If it's not there, it's just not there. Most people will not be able to afford to purchase warsteed cosmetic items for each character but even if they could, I'm sure many still would not. I'm all for supporting the game but the purchasing of colors and steeds, etc that are not distributed across all of the account characters is morally wrong in my personal opinion. Even if I could afford it, I would not out of principle. Originally the steeds were supposed to be shared on all characters of the account and now even the color packs are not.. not only are they not shared as they should be, can only use them for specific steed pieces so if I buy black for the steed color, I have to buy another black for the equip. That is just so wrong! If we unlock colors, it should be for all parts of the steed, just if we spend the very expensive 20 Euro for a new steed or other cosmetic items for the steed it should be account not character only as it is now. It really makes me want to spend nothing at all. I've been spending too but I doubt I spend much more because I can't afford it at these crazy prices and especially since it is not for all characters on the account.

I agree with what has been said. I wouldn't mind buying from the store at a reasonable price or if the current price was an unlock for account wide. Turbine will not see my money from this until this is addressed

Oh Turbine, how you make me laugh.

Over Six bucks for fake horse dye? Good luck with that.

Hahaha. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post

Most 'player friendly' option would be to offer another way to get the dyes; perhaps by making them Scholar's Guild recipes, with long cooldowns? Sort of making the dyes consideredable as the 'Legendary' craftable for Scholars?
    Quoted for emphasis! This seems like a natural for scholars.
    Silverlode refugee

Quote Originally Posted by redgold9 View Post
    Quoted for emphasis! This seems like a natural for scholars.
    Except that gives me the vision of actually painting a horse... lol. If that's the case. I WANT HOT PINK.
    [CENTER][SIZE=1][B][I][COLOR=YellowGreen][U][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000028da/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][COLOR=YellowGreen]Elendilmir[/COLOR] - Palanwyn ~ Figgy ~ Eochael ~ Lamath ~ Bobble ~ Poppet ~ Rachie
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Eldar[/COLOR] - Figgi ~ Figglez
    [COLOR=YellowGreen]Co-creator of [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/www.thefatlute.com"]The Fat Lute[/URL][/COLOR][/I]
    [/CENTER]

I did not chime in on the ridiculousness of not including instances in the expansion or releasing the XP stopper as it was designed. Those things just had to be changed.

This, however, I fear might be like stat tomes where it takes a while for Turbine to bring the pricing down. Therefore, I add my voice to the outcry against the pricing. Account-wide dyes, individual dyes (not packs), or lower pricing are all viable options.

13. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was upset about this.
    I was really looking forward to pimping out my pony like I do with my toons.
    But these prices will only hurt the sales.
    Make affordable, make accessible and you make it profitable.
    The Lone Wolf
    Radspakr 85 Guardian,Haluilas 82 LM, Varri 65 Champ

Yay! I knew I couldn't be alone in thinking the corporate chimp who finalised the price was in serious need of a psych eval. Yes, Turbine is a business like any other and they're allowed to charge whatever they wish for their product. 600tp for four colors per toon. /grumble. Why not a 50tp one time use, one color consumable? Or account-wide colors? Or let us buy colors a la carte?

To be honest though, the part that bugs me the most is what seems to be the complacency of our beta testers. I'd expect the Turbine PR team to (somewhat misleadingly) fill Rohan's fields with hundreds of unique mounts, its their job. The painful part is how many of the videos came from beta testers with statements like 'some of these mount items are from quests and drops, others from the store'..so far it seems like that should've been 'all but three of these were bought from the store.'

Come on beta players, you're supposed to be our ambassadors. Didn't any of you notice that we'd have to pay for that closet of cosmetics you got to play with? That the actual price wasn't known isn't an excuse, you had to know we'd all have to pay if we wanted anything that wasn't as commonplace as a naked grey horse.
    Last edited by Hadoril; Oct 17 2012 at 02:38 PM.
    [center] [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000024db46/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

While I'll probably never feel the need to dye my horse/equipment on my war steed, the TP price is WAY too high for it being per character.

So, here's a /sign for my artistic friends out there
    Riddermark Server
    Thorund - 100 Champion; Thorundel - 100 Hunter; Thorundelun - 100 Captain; Grimgarhelm - 100 Burglar

If the price stays what it is now, it will be the fault of the playerbase who will or will not buy it. I really hope that no one buys it so the price may come down. If Turbine makes a profit with the current prices..........
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by sarcasm_society View Post
    To be honest though, the part that bugs me the most is what seems to be the complacency of our beta testers. I'd expect the Turbine PR team to (somewhat misleadingly) fill Rohan's fields with hundreds of unique mounts, its their job. The painful part is how many of the videos came from beta testers with statements like 'some of these mount items are from quests and drops, others from the store'..so far it seems like that should've been 'all but three of these were bought from the store.'

Come on beta players, you're supposed to be our ambassadors. Didn't any of you notice that we'd have to pay for that closet of cosmetics you got to play with? That the actual price wasn't known isn't an excuse, you had to know we'd all have to pay if we wanted anything that wasn't as commonplace as a naked grey horse.
    1. Beta testers are not to blame.
    2. Beta testers job was to TEST THE GAME!, NOT to be your ambassadors.
    3. Yes, we knew you'd have to pay, were were just as anxious to find out release pricing, and just as appalled as the rest of you.
    4. If you don't like it, write to Turbine.

yesyesyesyesyes
    /signed

They are WAY too overpriced. I was expecting 95-195 tp a color pack. When I saw that dye packs were going for the same price as some quest packs/instances I was floored. I planned to buy dye packs but Im not spending a penny unless they come down. That is ridiculously overpriced. Rohan expansion was already expensive....lets not bankrupt the crowd here

I only did several beta sessions, but the dye packs were priced at 1tp when I did it...I assumed they would go up. Not as much as they did, but in beta they were very reasonably priced

As I've been playing I thought a neat idea for the horse dyes would be that you could unlock some of the more basic ones by finding wild random roaming horses on the fields.

I understand Turbine needs to make money and this is something that will sell, but a few basic choices can't be all to much to ask really for people who have already paid for the expac, it could be an addition to the other horse deeds.

A rough idea I thought I'd share.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001b39ec/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yes, I noticed it in Beta, yes, I protested it. There was a thread. It had protests. By beta players.
    [url=http://ponyloversanonymous.wordpress.com/]Pony Lovers Anonymous[/url]
    Matching outfits to the steeds of Middle-Earth
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520300000018379f/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Very happy to see fellow betas stick together and stand up! And Turbine, the dye packs are FAR too overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post
    Since F2P can use mounted combat too, it does make sense.
    Uhm... sorry? What does that have to do with any of it?
    Formerly Nimrodel / Currently Landroval
    Moerilind | 105 RK / Ioreleth | 105 Guardian

I already posted my thoughts in the Store Feedback thread, so I won't repeat myself. Needless to say, I agree with everyone here. The price for these are absurd. I'd be more than happy to shell out $$$ for a reasonable return, but for the time being Rohan is going to be filled with grey horses.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000013f809/01005/signature.png]Eikerton[/charsig]

I couldn't agree more, I was shocked to see the price for one colour pack. If it were account-wide I wouldn't mind paying so much, but as it stands it really is too expensive for what it is. I think someone got over-excited when pricing these new items.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Lore Breakers of Eldar

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast