We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

When does a leaderless kinship dissolve?

Just out of curiosity...

The info in both the Lorebook and Wiki read (identically) as follows:

• If the leader does not log in for more than 35 days or cancels his or her account, the successor receives a mail indicating the availability of the Usurp option. The successor can click the Usurp button in the Kinship Panel to become leader.

If the successor does not usurp leadership within 10 days, all officers of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any officer can usurp leadership.

If no officer usurps leadership within 20 days, all members of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any member can usurp leadership.

If a kinship goes 65 days without a new leader, the kinship will automatically disband.

My confusion is this: when does the 65 day "without a new leader" period start? When does the kin officially have no leader?

It can't be 65 days from the last time the leader logs on, or else the general members never get a chance to claim the kin (35+10+20 = 65 days, which would be, at best, the same day the general message goes out).

So my question (and the info unclear/lacking in the Lore & Wiki) is: How long do the General Members have to claim the kin after the Officers fail to claim it? 24 hours? Another 65 days? What?

thx in advance.

Good question. There is no guidance on the Interwebs to clarify this point.

However, the clause '65 days without a new leader' could be interpreted as starting at Day 36 (or the day the leader quits the game). Thus, successor has from Day 36 to Day 46 to claim, officers get from Day 46 to Day 66, and kinmembers get from Day 66 to Day 110 (if I calculated the days correctly). Thus 65 days without a 'new leader' would occur 110 days from the last login of the current leader - this would be the day that the kinship is automatically disbanded.

Fara

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNine View Post
    ...the clause '65 days without a new leader' could be interpreted as
    ...as a LOT of different things!

Are you stating this as a ''possible'' interpretation, or a soft statement of known fact?

... Thus 65 days without a 'new leader' would occur 110 days from the last login of the current leader...
    130. But yeah, that's what I'm guessing (hoping).

This is my interpretation of the guidance in Turbine's FAQs on Kinships.

If you experience this process firsthand, update this thread so we'll all know how it works in practice.

Fara

Understood. Only 4 weeks into the process, and I'm not sure the kin will survive membership-wise to last the 130 days, or even another 4 weeks. If it does, I'll update, otherwise... anyone else? Bueller?...

Update in ''The Diary of a Dissolving Kin''... Day 45
    • Day 35: (No successor had been named, so Day 35 is unverified by me.)

• Day 45: The Kin Leader has not logged in for 45 days. "Usurp" option now available for Officers only (as of midnight Eastern Time). No mail notification received.*

• Day 65: (...TBD...)

* Iirc, others have described (in other threads) not receiving mail either - that sound familiar? Has any officer (in recent months) received such a mail notification?

Update:
    • Day 55 (since the Leader has not logged in) - Any member can now usurp. No mail notification received for any of the 4 active member-level characters.

(* since the Kin Leader has not logged in)

This changes the reading of the (unexpectedly ambiguous) phrase found in the Wiki and Lorebook...

If the successor does not usurp leadership within 10 days, all officers of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any officer can usurp leadership.

If no officer usurps leadership within 20 days, all members of the kinship receive a mail informing them that any member can usurp leadership.

That's 20 days from the Kin Leader being absent for 35 days, not since the Officers were first able to usurp, as it implies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, the confirmed timeline should now read....

• Day 0 - kin Leader stops logging in

• Day 35* - Successor able to usurp (? - assumed)

• Day 45* - Officers able to usurp

• Day 55* - any Member able to usurp

• (Day 65* - kin disbanded?) (? - assumed, not proven empirically by this poster, but now the Wiki/Lorebook makes more sense, each step progressing in 10-day increments.)

(* Days since the kin Leader's last log-on. ''Days'' are measured at midnight, not to the exact multiple of 24 hours since the Leader logged out.)

And in no case was ''mail indicating the availability'' received by any kin officers members. (Altho', again, no successor had been designated, so that failure is unconfirmed.) That may be by design - from one perspective, it makes some sense that a random newbie who doesn't know to look would not be given control over a kin, nor should the first person to log in that day be reminded if other members cared enough to plan for it.