We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Vilya a westcoast server?

Looking to relocate to a server with a robust west coast population. I read a post from 4 years ago that vilya did in fact have a large west coast population is this still true.

Jonah0225

Unhappy :0

I am of the West coast, and there are some people that are as well. But we always follow the EST time for raids, since that's the time of the server.
    Dushuak Rank: 12 Galathia Rank: 6 Salloe Rank: 7 Ramaros Rank: 6 Amoris: Rank 6

Evil People Lead To Evil Intentions

Of the two servers I play on, Vilya is the least unfriendly to west coast players. There are a decent number of people on at west coast hours, multiple kinships are active at those times. So if you're happy doing 6-mans, it's all good. But if you care about raiding - keep looking, I've heard Elendilmir is good but can't speak to that from personal experience. My reaction to SalloeRamaros's post above is "There are raids on Vilya?!" - not kidding. If they're scheduled exclusively around east coast playing hours (as is true on Arkenstone) that would explain why I've never seen any...

Unhappy :0

Well, Kin secret raidz, nickname it that.. But yeah there used to be raids for skraids. But as soon as I leveled my Minstrel, they are hardly any Skraids, no way to choose skirm jems. So thats why I went to the moors.

But the theory is that people grew and geared, that they don't have time to help others. Only a few are still to help. Those poopy people have turned their heads into the moors really early.
    Dushuak Rank: 12 Galathia Rank: 6 Salloe Rank: 7 Ramaros Rank: 6 Amoris: Rank 6

Evil People Lead To Evil Intentions

Vilya is really empty at times but there are people here.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000000ddb7f/01003/signature.png]Shoned[/charsig]

Hello........... from vilya. we are here and alive and breathing..

People talking about vilya being like a unpopulated or unsociable, I have been playing on vilya for over five years. Im west coast and there are alot of us. friendly and caring. dont know unless you come and meet us all. /joinchannel glff see for yourself.

I think a lot of people think Vilya is dead or empty because, for so long, we've been using a non-standard global chat channel (unite). It might be a blessing in disguise that the channel has been locked, forcing folks into the more standard GLFF and OOC channels.

As far as non-skirmish raiding goes, most people are not comfortable with the idea of PUGs. They raid with a specific group of folks, mostly within a kin, where they have a standard group who always work together. It's hard to break into that kind of group.

There are a couple of alliances who raid, namely the Vilya Alliance and Joint Raiding Force (JRF). I raided fairly often (tho not regularly) with these groups. JRF seemed to go inactive for awhile, and I quit checking in with them, but I've recently heard they are still going. VA has not been doing a lot, from what I've seen. You have to sign up for the raids (first come, first serve).

There is at least one other alliance (more like a confederation), but the leader is rather strict about releasing information. You might talk to your kin leader to see if the kin is part of an alliance, and join the appropriate chat channels.

You're also always free to start making contacts and building an alliance yourself.
    Jewahe