We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Random Crashes after Update

So okey this is worrying me. In last 20minutes after update i got 2 random shutdowns of game. No freeze,crash error or anything just in split second im out to desktop is game client is terminated. Didint have any similar problems before RoR. Any ideas?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000002bb5ac/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

After about an hour of gameplay, just had my first lotro client error crash in Thinglad while killing orcs (reminiscent of the frequent crashes of early Isengard days). Hoping we aren't going to repeat that fun mess again.
    Elendilmir - Saie 96 Minnie, R10 | Sailas 88 LM, R5 | Sailos 88 Champ
    Windfola - Sail 88 Cappie, R7 | Sailas 88 Hunter, R7

Just echoing the problem. This has happened 2x to me so far. And then I have to wait, and wait, and wait, to be able to log back in.

I'm not even ready for RoR yet. Just want to play. :'(
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000028699e/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Crashed a while ago, just after getting war steed. I ported to Galtrev to visit the crafting guild - big mistake. Auto DC. Now on examining data like so many others.

On the up-side I did get to play and I do believe I was the first person on Brandywine to get the War Steed (3rd person to log into GLFF), so I'm happy. First time I've been the first to anything good. The good mood it's put me in lats me be a little more relaxed now that I'm locked out of the game.

Game crashed and now i cannot back, stuck on examine programs (i m trying with 2 clients>steam and normal.) Waiting 1 hour +, restarting etc... Any suggestion ?

Same problem here. I took a swift travel from Thinglad to Stangard and it crashed instantly ("lotroclient.exe has stopped working..")

Bah, just got it going and now I can't get back in. Oh well, I have rank 15 in Patience, guess that will be useful now.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxSoulbane View Post
    Sounds like that memory leak is starting to rear its ugly head me thinks........
    Yup. We reported this over and over in beta 5.1/6/6.1 but I guess they didn't fix it during the downtime.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Well its just good to know its not my personal problem so they will work on it eventually.

Btw, whats memory leak? i mean how does it effect crashing ?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000002bb5ac/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Just crashed now. Seems everyone that's crashed cannot log back in.
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

Quote Originally Posted by HugoHu View Post
    Well its just good to know its not my personal problem so they will work on it eventually.

Btw, whats memory leak? i mean how does it effect crashing ?
    Program asks operating system for some memory. Program done with memory, but does not give it back to the operating system.

Does this over and over....memory all gone...no more...application crashes...The end

Just had my first crash. Game started to seriously lag and I then got a message pop up in windows saying that memory was running low and to stop the lotro client. I have 8GB of memory and I have never had this happen with Lotro before and it never happened during the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucky_Pup View Post
    Just had my first crash. Game started to seriously lag and I then got a message pop up in windows saying that memory was running low and to stop the lotro client. I have 8GB of memory and I have never had this happen with Lotro before and it never happened during the beta.
    Having more than 4GB will make no difference. LOTRO client is a 32 bit app and can only address 4GB. Actually a 32 bit app can address less than 4GB of memnory because of other things that must be mapped into the address space, but close enough.

Were you using DX10 or DX11? If you were, then your issue will be made worse, from something that I noticed in the previous live and in the beta lotroclient.exe. I have had no issues running in DX9 with my settings turned up.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by HugoHu View Post
    So okey this is worrying me. In last 20minutes after update i got 2 random shutdowns of game. No freeze,crash error or anything just in split second im out to desktop is game client is terminated. Didint have any similar problems before RoR. Any ideas?
    Its 7:53pm here in Dallas Texas and I am still getting a crash to desktop every 20 mins .

This us just like the Isengaurd expansion did to us.

I hear that the beta testers told turbine about this and they ignored it.

Im sorry but even though i like the new music and Rohan lanscape I can not tolerate the crashes to desktop.
    And it is not on our end, Thus is Turbine again'
    all was workign fine yesterday before the patch'

Lets hope they get with it and fix this becuase it is no fun playing for only 30 mins at ba time
    Last edited by Startrekman1of9; Oct 15 2012 at 10:05 PM.
    There are always .... Possibilities.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...kage-since-RoR

According to this thread, they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

crashing

i've patched and every time I hit enter world on any toon the client crashes. Have not even got to play yet any ideas or is this the same problem everyone is having?

Crashes every 3 to 4 minutes for me....

Edit to add that the DirectX 9 suggestion by the Dev's didn't fix this for me.
    Last edited by Sourmug; Oct 15 2012 at 09:58 PM.

Unhappy Crash :(

Quote Originally Posted by Sourmug View Post
    Crashes every 3 to 4 minutes for me....

Edit to add that the DirectX 9 suggestion by the Dev's didn't fix this for me.
    The game closes itself. It happens from 10 to 10 minutes, is getting boring = / / Not to the play. It is very closed and nothing, no error or anything, just closes.

I'm using dx9 in windows XP, I had about 20 crashes in 6 h

Almost random crashes

I have been experiencing what seems like almost random crashes every 5-10 minjutes. All LUA plug-ins have been removed. They seem to mostly occur when I am changing location (outside to inside, inside to outside, region to region) and when selecting an NPC to interact with. They have also been occuring after attempting to look at the map (m key). The map sometimes doesn't display but the quest overlays do appear on the screen in the live char view. Guaranteed to die shortly thereafter. I am running 4GB 32bit Vista SP2 with GeForce 98600M GT video.

Smile havent been online the game at all.

After the Update and my school day, i went on my computer(Which mostly laggs) and im very excited. Till it gets stuck on Examining Game Data. It also crashed when i tried to log out. Im thinkin LOTRO RoR will be fixed soon. The game workers just need more time. I can wait. Even if a Huge Virus is causing it.

game crashing after about 5 minutes of play

For the past hour I am able to log in and play fine for the first 5 minutes then I crash to the desktop. No errors appear just straight to desktop. Please help fix. It seems others are having problems as well. Most likely due to update to RoR

Same here, crashes to desktop every 30 min.

Unhappy

Can't seem to enter Boromir session play, crashes to desk top when it says entering session play. I am playing with Vista and Dx9.

Lotro Client has stopped working - crash

I'm having the same issue and game is crashing Game freezes andthen goes to the desk top and a screen says.Lotro Client has stopped working. My issues are the same as several people...Every time I enter a door, use a milestone, interact with NPS or hit the M key (map). I'm at my parents house for the week and they updated too. They however are not having any trouble at all. At first I thought maybe it was my computer (my computer is new just bought it this past July). Anyway it's nice (not really) that I see that other people are having the same issues. I have 8 different characters and two are level 75. I never had this problem befor ROI release. I did submit a tech ticket last night and we will see. One last thing the dyes for the hourse is not right.If you're going to charge that much then it should be account wide.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast