We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Beta Forum Title?

Was wondering if anyone has gotten a forum title for RoR Beta. And if you get one, how do you change your forum title to it, or does it change automatically? Just wondering.
    Lethareth, the Celebratory

I've logged in to play in CA,TX,GA,DC,IL,MN,ID,OR,NV
    There hasn't been one for previous beta tests, so probably isn't one for RoR. Probably, if you can change your title (you probably can't), then mouseover the My Preferences link up in the top right corner (don't click yet!), wait for it to pop up the menu, then click on "My Forums Settings". Then click Edit Profile in the left hand navigation bar, under the My Settings header.
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Banaticus View Post
    There hasn't been one for previous beta tests, so probably isn't one for RoR. Probably, if you can change your title (you probably can't), then mouseover the My Preferences link up in the top right corner (don't click yet!), wait for it to pop up the menu, then click on "My Forums Settings". Then click Edit Profile in the left hand navigation bar, under the My Settings header.
    There are forum titles for the RoR beta testers, as there was for the Moria expansion (Counter of Stairs) there was even a thread in the beta forums where we (the testers) could submit suggestions and if memory serves me right those suggestions ran into about four pages.
    I imagine the titles will be available sometime after launch. The beta forums have now been taken down but I'm sure that +Celestrata was involved.
    Last edited by The_Bruce; Oct 15 2012 at 03:14 AM.

Thank you for this thread. I was looking for the info myself just now. Apparently, I can't still change my forum title yet, but I've seen a few posters with funny titles just now. I'll wait for my turn patiently.

I've been wondering the same thing, as there was quite a long thread discussing possible RoR Beta titles with Sapience.
    ~*~ Rîn of Paur en Mellyn ~*~ Landroval ~*~
    ~ Originally of Silverlode ~
    ~*~ Zeirlynn, Minstrel ~ Zeirneth, Champion ~ Zeiramethyst, Guardian ~*~

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    They are on our 'to do' list, but as you can imagine they are goig to have to wait for some other issues to settle out first.

Red face

Thanks for the reply, and i am sure we former testers can wait till the other problems are fixed.

Hope no one minds, but I thought I'd give this thread a bump as opposed to starting a new thread. I had to google to find this thread, as I've been curious about it for some time now that the second half of the IC is soon (Incredisoon?) to be released. Its been roughly 4-5 months since this thread was opened and I of course understand that other stuff must be keeping our dear devs hopping, but just thought I'd check around and see if there is any new ETA (one that preferably doesn't include the word "soon" ). I can't remember the specifics, whether it was a forum title AND/OR in-game title, but as RoR was my first time in beta, I'm a bit excited. ^_^
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/102 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Still wondering about this also. I remember the long multi-page thread about RoR beta testers getting a forum title, where we gave title suggestions and commented on the ones that we liked. Sure has been a long time since then, and still nothing?
    ~*~ Rîn of Paur en Mellyn ~*~ Landroval ~*~
    ~ Originally of Silverlode ~
    ~*~ Zeirlynn, Minstrel ~ Zeirneth, Champion ~ Zeiramethyst, Guardian ~*~

Also somewhat relevant, how do we change our forum titles?
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    Also somewhat relevant, how do we change our forum titles?
    If you select Forum Actions > Edit Profile and then select Permission Groups (under the My Account section of My Settings) you can change your forum title there.