We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    To meet the 44 days of rebuilding... I am assuming this includes the 5 days worth of free tokens from the Deeds?

Can anyone confirm?

I'm guessing, if this is the case, it will be 46 days for anyone not able to complete Dressage (which seems like quite a few people)?
    That is correct. If you complete all five Aiding the Eastemnet deeds and barter for no armour or housing items, it will take 44 days to acquire enough tokens to fully rebuild Hytbold.

Although it is annoying, two more days really isn't that big a deal to me when I'm looking at the overall scale of 44+ days.

First of all, to the OP, thanks for putting your time into making this thread. I'm sure it has helped numerous people.

Anyway, I was curious about the 44 day minimum and have added the total tokens needed to complete each section of the Hytbold deed. If somebody else already posted this, my apologies. I took the information from the OP in his rebuilding section and totaled up each section of the deed.

I. Mead Hall-175 tokens (Including 25 from initial Hytbold quest)
    II. Palisade- 40 tokens
    III. Lighting and Fences - 75 tokens
    IV. Smithy - 35 tokens
    V. Tents - 80 tokens
    VI. Towers - 180 tokens
    VII. Lumber Mill - 55 tokens
    VIII. Armory - 45 tokens
    IX. Townsfolk - 50 tokens
    X. Library - 35 tokens
    XI. Stable - 70 tokens
    XII. Gates - 50 tokens
    XIII. Houses - 300 tokens
    XIV. Farmhouses - 50 tokens

Total Number of tokens to completely rebuild Hytbold - 1,240 tokens
    Tokens acquired from completing quest deeds in all four regions and meta deed - 125 tokens
    Initial Hytbolt Quest - 25 tokens

Net tokens needed from dailies: 1,090 tokens (divide by 25 tokens/day)
    Minimum number of days to fully rebuild Hytbold: 44

When dividing this number, I get 43.6, but you need an extra 15 tokens to complete Hytbold which you need to get on your 44th day. So, you need 44 days to rebuild Hytbold. And this is without buying armor and completing every quest deed.
    Last edited by Goo-see-nopants; Nov 19 2012 at 05:57 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000b16fc/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    Aiding the Sutcrofts (Snowbourn)
    Each quest rewards [5 Tokens of Hytbold] and 1200 reputation with the Men of the Sutcrofts faction.
    Mounted Combat Instance
    Bestower: Héalac
    (same quest every day)
    The Farms of the Sutcrofts: defeat 16 swarm mounted goblins (1200 rep)
    Landscape Quest
    Bestower: Daggaric
    (one per area each day)
    Terror of the Deep: fish up and defeat an avanc (1200 rep)

Cuts of Fish: catch fish and slice them into 24 cuts

The Blood-fish: defeat a goat, jump in the water, and catch a blood-fish (1200 rep)

The Garsfeld Guppy: catch 4 guppies from moving pools

I think the names are backwards. On my screen (last time I checked anyway), Healac gives the Landscape Quests and Daggaric gives the Mounted Combat Instance. Unless that was fixed in a recent update (I haven't actually done their quests for a little over a week or so).
    Last edited by Mar-Evayave; Nov 22 2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

[COLOR=#ff0000][I][*](Optional) Finish rebuilding Hytbold (a minimum of 44 days), experience the end of the Eastemnet's story, and barter for class armour sets for your alts.
    Are you sure about this (44 days)? 44 days to rebuild Hytbold or to rebuild plus get armor? Does this estimate include the bonus from completing deeds? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwrei View Post
    Are you sure about this (44 days)? 44 days to rebuild Hytbold or to rebuild plus get armor? Does this estimate include the bonus from completing deeds? Thank you.
    44 days, with all the deed bonuses, without the armour set.

If you bartered for the armour set, add 5 more days.
    If you are missing one quest and can't complete a faction deed (and subsequently the meta deed), add 2 more days.
    [CENTER][B]Yalras - Burglar[/B]
    [SIZE=1]Eldar to Evernight[/CENTER][/SIZE]

Thanks, was just curious if there was a miscalculation because someone on my server says they only had 2 days left. I was thinking how is this possible.

Thanks, was just curious if there was a miscalculation because someone on my server says they only had 2 days left. I was thinking how is this possible.
    If they hit 85 on October 15 using task resets (there was one such person on Eldar) and did the quests every day, we'll see them finish this Tuesday. I guess that makes 3 days.
    [CENTER][B]Yalras - Burglar[/B]
    [SIZE=1]Eldar to Evernight[/CENTER][/SIZE]

I'm not on Eldar anymore, back on my original server after 2 years of not being able to transfer due to technical issues.. yay they are resolved. Back to topic, this person said he turned 84 on the 18th. I think his calculations must be wrong or these are wrong, no idea but I guess we'll see soon. :-) Thanks again! :-)

I'm not on Eldar anymore, back on my original server after 2 years of not being able to transfer due to technical issues.. yay they are resolved. Back to topic, this person said he turned 84 on the 18th. I think his calculations must be wrong or these are wrong, no idea but I guess we'll see soon. :-) Thanks again! :-)
    Well, I leveled to 84 for about two weeks, and according to my deed log, I have 29 parts of Hytbold to rebuild, which makes 12 days. Someone above mentioned that there is an additional requirement of 15 Hytbold tokens, which will add one more day for me. Since there are people who reached 84 in about a week (not impossible), then they should be ready with rebuilding Hytbold some time next week.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanamir View Post
    Well, I leveled to 84 for about two weeks, and according to my deed log, I have 29 parts of Hytbold to rebuild, which makes 12 days. Someone above mentioned that there is an additional requirement of 15 Hytbold tokens, which will add one more day for me. Since there are people who reached 84 in about a week (not impossible), then they should be ready with rebuilding Hytbold some time next week.
    I managed to start dailies the same day the expansion came out, and I still have 9 days before I'll be done. I did screw up my armor and had to get more than a full set though (I believe I spent ~180 on armor). So I believe the earliest people could finish if they bought no armor would be Tuesday.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000069736/01005/signature.png]Smugo[/charsig]

Great guide but this has got to be the most annoying over complicated barter system ever , its a game not a complete head mash !

44 is without getting armour. My main actually does not need it since she uses pvp armour, but it will be nice to be able to get them for my alts.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6cff/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

And the end has been reached, according to this thread - and I'm not indicating about any (or the lack of) rewards which might be a spoiler to some:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...oiler-alert%29
    Parents and/or married players - want a social, mature and fun kinship? Parents of Middle Earth kinship (Rank 10 and over 500 characters) may be for you! Please visit our [URL="http://parents.guildlaunch.com"]website[/URL].

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/13213000000060a75/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There seems to be a mistake with Armour of the Hytbold Shadow-fighter?

• House of the Entwash Vale: Rebuild (10) - Egmund (Entwash Kindred)
      • House of the Entwash Vale: Enhancements III (10) - Egmund (Entwash Kindred) - [Helm of the Hytbold Shadow-fighter] (35)
    In the german version it says Turm (Tower), not the house.
    There are two towers, after Enhancement III for both I could take the Helm.

EDIT:
    ...seems like the mistake is only in the german version. Both, text of the tooltip and quest, are wrong.
    It's about the tower but it should be house.
    Last edited by Luthred; Dec 05 2012 at 01:38 PM.

Unhappy

Thanks for the guide. Really.

But my enthusiasm for the game just dropped immensely. They made this take way too long by limiting it to 5 a day. I'll play LOTRO minimally from now on. This slog of a rebuild just ruined a lot of the fun.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000005d8c/01007/signature.png]Arathon[/charsig]

Thanks so much for this guide!

I think I have all really messed his up. Well not really just made it much harder on myself...

I want to get the Armour of the Hytbold Bowmaster, so I should just Zero in on those rebuilds and then do enough dailys for tokens to get the armor?

I have been doing most of them.. Guess its good for the full rebuild but made it more work for armor??
    “Denn die Todten reiten Schnell. (For the dead travel fast)” Bram Stoker, Dracula

Well if you want the armor the quickest, only do the rebuild quests that lead up to or unlock the pieces you want; and concentrate on the dailies that give you the rep you need. Assuming you want to rebuild Hytbold completely on one character, you've only delayed your armor.

If you go for the 3/3 Bowmaster/Huntsman set and pick your pieces right (see Hunter forum), you can get 6 pieces in 7-8 days and only need Ally with each faction.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by Heibi View Post
    But my enthusiasm for the game just dropped immensely. They made this take way too long by limiting it to 5 a day. I'll play LOTRO minimally from now on. This slog of a rebuild just ruined a lot of the fun.
    Well, think of it like this. Where Hytbold (and the process to complete it) is concerned, they had 2 options.

1) Current method. 25 tokens per day (with some deeds that also give tokens) going towards rebuilding and/or gaining armour. Minimum of 44 days, more to get the armour. Generally doing the daily 5 quests and turning in your tokens either for building Hytbold or getting your armour takes 30-45 minutes. The process involved gradually builds up your reputation, which is a really great thing because the quests give a good amount of reputation (I much prefer this method of getting reputation rather than, for example, doing Enedwaith repeatables, because doing Hytbold is more interactive and, to be honest, more enjoyable because we can mix up which quests we do so we aren't doing the same ones day after day after day). Once the 30-45 minutes is over you can then either skirm, level an alt, do some crafting, or whatever else you want.

2) Alternate method. People can do as many dailies as they want, spending perhaps all day to grind out quest after quest after quest (by which time they would have to do the quests many times). Within a few days players have gotten max reputation, all the armour, and completely rebuilt Hytbold. But now they have none of that to keep them occupied, and they spend the following weeks (40+ days) doing skirms, leveling alts, crafting, etc.

Given those two options, I would take option 1. I do some raiding on my minstrel (I'm in a raiding kin) but as you can see in my signature, I have 8 other characters as well as 2 creeps to keep me busy. So previously when I reach level cap and have completed all the quests I would seldom even log into my characters at level cap (except, as I said, to occasionally raid on my minstrel). They sat idle, and I spent all my time leveling other alts to cap. With the current manner of running Hytbold, I still log into my character at level cap because now there is an incentive to do so. I spend 30-45 minutes doing the dailies and feeling like I've accomplished something on that character, instead of leaving it idle as I previously did. And once those minutes are up I can switch to a low-level alt and continue questing. While I'd much rather have had the new instances ready ages ago, Hytbold does a very good job of keeping players logging onto their level-cap characters, even if they don't do any raiding at all, and it provides great armour for players who either can't or won't raid.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Well, think of it like this. Where Hytbold (and the process to complete it) is concerned, they had 2 options.

1) Current method. 25 tokens per day (with some deeds that also give tokens) going towards rebuilding and/or gaining armour. Minimum of 44 days, more to get the armour. Generally doing the daily 5 quests and turning in your tokens either for building Hytbold or getting your armour takes 30-45 minutes. The process involved gradually builds up your reputation, which is a really great thing because the quests give a good amount of reputation (I much prefer this method of getting reputation rather than, for example, doing Enedwaith repeatables, because doing Hytbold is more interactive and, to be honest, more enjoyable because we can mix up which quests we do so we aren't doing the same ones day after day after day). Once the 30-45 minutes is over you can then either skirm, level an alt, do some crafting, or whatever else you want.

2) Alternate method. People can do as many dailies as they want, spending perhaps all day to grind out quest after quest after quest (by which time they would have to do the quests many times). Within a few days players have gotten max reputation, all the armour, and completely rebuilt Hytbold. But now they have none of that to keep them occupied, and they spend the following weeks (40+ days) doing skirms, leveling alts, crafting, etc.
    They could have just made it possible to do 8-12 a day. They didn't need to make them unlimited(that was not what I was talking about). The daily needleprick of fixing the town is just ridiculous.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000005d8c/01007/signature.png]Arathon[/charsig]

Thumbs down Hytbold Armor..

The Hytbold armour for my cappy isn't entirely worth it, and I have many reasons why:

1) Combo sets are LAME.

2) Lack of raw power which would leave myself and my team vulnerable.

3) Daily quest limit for 'Aiding the Eastemnet' ruins the joy.

4) Having to spend hard-earned Hytbold tokens for Rebuilds.

5) Lack of rewards for all the hard work.

6) Time consuming.

So above all, simply just scrap metal to me and not worth my time.
    Last edited by Levaustien; Dec 07 2012 at 05:25 PM.

The faction horses are just there for appearances.

However, you DO need Ally standing with an area's faction to travel to and from Hytbold from destinations in that area.
    .. By use of a SWIFT stable mount.. Regular 'slow' stable travel, simply requires the stable rebuild and knowing both destinations, no particular reputation is required for slow routes.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Hytbold bug (or user error?)

The ally level quest givers have all lost their rings, but only the Sutcrofts kindred vendor has shown up. I am not able to procede with anything but Sutcrofts, with which I already have kindred.

Is that a bug? Did I go down a path of no-return?
    ==*==*==*==+==*==*==*==
    Namarie, nai hiruvalye Menelessie
    ==*==*==*==+==*==*==*==

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldan View Post
    The ally level quest givers have all lost their rings, but only the Sutcrofts kindred vendor has shown up. I am not able to procede with anything but Sutcrofts, with which I already have kindred.

Is that a bug? Did I go down a path of no-return?
    This is intended behavior. Presumably you've only been doing sutcrofts quests regularly to get the rep. You need to spread out your questing and get kindred with the other factions to open up their NPCs to continue the rebuild process.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Crafting facilities phased in?

Apologies if this question has already been raised. I'm well past the points indicated for access to superior forge and workbench but all I have are empty buildings. I can walk into the Blacksmith, Armoury, and Study but there's no forge or workbench anywhere. What am I missing?
    Thank you for the guide....it's fantastic.

Crafting Hall

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBalm View Post
    Apologies if this question has already been raised. I'm well past the points indicated for access to superior forge and workbench but all I have are empty buildings. I can walk into the Blacksmith, Armoury, and Study but there's no forge or workbench anywhere. What am I missing?
    Thank you for the guide....it's fantastic.
    If you are talking about Hytbold, you have to finish rebuiding it before everything is available.

The Lumber-mill
    • The Lumber Mill: Rebuild (15) - Edgal (no rep) - [Gloves of the Hytbold Mischief-maker]
      • The Lumber Mill: Superior Workbench (5) - Fréamar (Entwash Ally) - [Boots of the Hytbold Champion]
        phases in the Superior Workbench crafting facility and the forester resource instance, Imping
    The Smithy
    • The Smithy: Rebuild (15) - Edgal (no rep) - [Gloves of the Hytbold Healer]
      • The Smithy: Superior Forge (5) - Oseg (Wold Ally) - [Jacket of the Hytbold Huntsman]
        phases in the Superior Forge crafting facility and the prospector resource instance, Iserngraf
    So, to do the lumber mill you have to be Entwash Ally, and Wold Ally for the Smithy.

I think once you do those rebuilds the facilities become available for use.

Last edited by jpr9845; Dec 27 2012 at 01:40 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e2150000000d4341/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast