We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 280
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    952
    Yeah nice, but sort of irrellivant. I'll be sticking to (and working on) lvl 85 moors set. I was trouncing all content before hytbold, and the new set it offeres seems unneccissary.

    And by that measure the sets seem to be rather underpowered in the vit/moral area in general. I prefer not to be a glass cannon.

  2. #152

    Great Guide but a question

    Ok, so, here I am at hyboldt. If I want to rebuild the stable, there appears to be 6 quests needed for all 4 cities. This should take 1 day + 1 quest. In order to get the armour I need for a Captain, I need the appropriate reputations plus completing certain quests gated by others.

    I guess my question would be do I concentrate on rebuilding the structures needed for my gear and let the reputation take care of itself.

    Sorry to be a noob with this but, so many choices.

    Thanks

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shrewsbury, UK
    Posts
    53

    Farmhouse & Superior Oven

    Hmm seem to have found a small discrepancy, on this here excellent guide, the Oven is under the Suttcroft farm House, In Game however, the DEED for the Entwash Farm House includes the Superior Oven, yet no option to build from the Entwash Ally dude - Bug Perchance or will it appear with the Entwash Kindred Fella?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001e299a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  4. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurieAle View Post
    Hmm seem to have found a small discrepancy, on this here excellent guide, the Oven is under the Suttcroft farm House, In Game however, the DEED for the Entwash Farm House includes the Superior Oven, yet no option to build from the Entwash Ally dude - Bug Perchance or will it appear with the Entwash Kindred Fella?
    The deed has a bug. There's a long and confusing history with this quest which I won't try to explain here.

    The quest "Farmhouse of the Sutcrofts: Superior Oven" is indeed offered at Sutcrofts Ally standing by Hereswith in the Sutcrofts District.

    Completing that quest will advance the "Farmhouse of the Entwash Vale" deed. I've made a note of this in the guide now that I know this bug made its way to the live release. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Last edited by Fredelas; Nov 03 2012 at 11:07 AM.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shrewsbury, UK
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post

    Completing that quest will advance the "Farmhouse of the Entwash Vale" deed. I've made a note of this in the guide now that I know this bug made its way to the live release. Thanks for pointing this out.
    I live to serve lol - and I reiterate this is a Magnificent Guide Deeply appreciated Fredelas
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000001e299a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  6. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by dsadada View Post
    hi all

    im working on my 2nd armor : armour of the hytbold leader
    opened 5 out if 6 peace's
    now im after the 6ths witch is the jacket
    requisite :
    Townsfolk III (10) - Hargar (Wold Kindred) - [Jacket of the Hytbold Leader] (35)

    im kin with wold and when i go talk to the guy he dont have it tried all others no1 have it

    as i said im alryd kin everywhere and rebuild the mead hall= ( have 5/6 if the amour )


    any1 can help plz ??


    sry for my english


    ./salute medo
    So same problem here. already built all other townsfolk, but no townsfolk III available. asked some friends and kin-members...same problem there. no quest is offered for them to and you cannot build townsfolk III. so building hytbold completly is impossible for us.

  7. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhardt View Post
    So same problem here. already built all other townsfolk, but no townsfolk III available. asked some friends and kin-members...same problem there. no quest is offered for them to and you cannot build townsfolk III. so building hytbold completly is impossible for us.
    I don't know what to tell you, since I'm not Kindred with the Wold yet and won't be for several more days.

    I know the quest Townsfolk III should be bestowed by Hargar and its only prerequisite should be The Mead Hall: Rebuild. (The Lorebook confirms this now, too.)

    There may be some other hidden prerequisite to this quest we're not aware of, or the quest name might have been translated improperly.

    I know this is a pain, but could you switch to the English version of the client temporarily using the game's launcher and then see if Hargar offers you the quest?

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    I don't know what to tell you, since I'm not Kindred with the Wold yet and won't be for several more days.

    I know the quest Townsfolk III should be bestowed by Hargar and its only prerequisite should be The Mead Hall: Rebuild. (The Lorebook confirms this now, too.)

    There may be some other hidden prerequisite to this quest we're not aware of, or the quest name might have been translated improperly.

    I know this is a pain, but could you switch to the English version of the client temporarily using the game's launcher and then see if Hargar offers you the quest?
    I use the english client and townsfolk 3 is unavailable to me as well.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by RTAragon View Post
    I guess my question would be do I concentrate on rebuilding the structures needed for my gear and let the reputation take care of itself.
    Basically the reputation requirement is the main thing that slows this rebuild processing down, as you are gathering tokens all the time when doing dailies and working your way to kindred. But the good thing is that there is no limit in how many buildings you can rebuild in one day - as long as you have enough of tokens (and of course the reputation needed for certain parts).

    So it's totally up to you wether to rebuild something every day or just doing dailies and collecting tokens until you are kindred with those factions you need to be (for your armour pieces) and only then rebuilding all of it.

    If you are going to rebuild the whole Hytbold anyway, then you need kindred with all four factions and a truckload of tokens and it's again up to you at which stage you barter your armour instead of investing your tokens for rebuilds.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    81
    Fantastic guide, thanks for all your hard work and to the others that contributed.
    +rep
    Leader of S.O.A Firefoot

    85 LM 85 Min 85 Burg 85 Capt 85 RK 84 Guard 65 Warden 75 Champ 85 Burg

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    I don't know what to tell you, since I'm not Kindred with the Wold yet and won't be for several more days.

    I know the quest Townsfolk III should be bestowed by Hargar and its only prerequisite should be The Mead Hall: Rebuild. (The Lorebook confirms this now, too.)

    There may be some other hidden prerequisite to this quest we're not aware of, or the quest name might have been translated improperly.

    I know this is a pain, but could you switch to the English version of the client temporarily using the game's launcher and then see if Hargar offers you the quest?
    i´m using english client..
    other hidden prerequisites could be one point, but thats kinda strange if you can build all other townsfolks.
    hope it´s not a bug...

  12. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhardt View Post
    i´m using english client..
    other hidden prerequisites could be one point, but thats kinda strange if you can build all other townsfolks.
    hope it´s not a bug...
    It does sound like a bug to me, or at least an intriguing mystery!

    It would be worth checking all nine quest bestowers to see if any of them offer the quest Townsfolk III.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,437
    This is a wonderful guide. There are 2 things they really "lost" in making hytbold... No "locks" listed on the armour letting you know why you can't buy a piece (the Saruman armor had this). And they have you building a massive city complete with crafting facilities, requiring kindred with the entire Eastemnet to complete, and this is the developer declared "endgame"... and they left out AH/Vault????? Shaking my head or facepalming... just won't do

    Your guide, however, solves one of these issues (the other is a much needed vent)

    I pretty much decided I was going to build it all and then gear up... with the one exception of the crafting instances, thanks to this I had them them all running in the shortest possible amount of time.

    Very well done, formatted, and extremely helpful!

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,082
    The required quest is listed when you select an armor piece and hover over 'barter'
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In your Dreams
    Posts
    22
    First Ive to say: This is just an amazing piece of work! Thank you & well done!

    Theres one thing Id like to point out thats (probably) incorrect: "If you don't yet have the fishing hobby, you can train it directly from the quest bestower in Snowbourn."
    For myself, I kept wondering why there were 3 bestower in Harwick, Cliving & Eaworth, but just 2 in front of the Snowbourn meadhall. Yesterday, I figured out why: Ive never catched up the fishing thing (its somewhat tedious... ), and didnt get the corresponding quests at all, no ring above the heads in any color or whatsoever. So no direct trainig at Daggaric at least for me...
    [CENTER]~~~ [COLOR=#add8e6]Wer sich selbst treu bleiben will, kann nicht immer andern treu bleiben.[/COLOR] ~~~

    [COLOR=#add8e6]Nurawen[/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa] [MNS; R10]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#add8e6]Nurumir[/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa] [CPT; R5] ~~ [/COLOR][COLOR=#add8e6]Feanonwe[/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa] [LRM; R4] ~[/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa]~ [/COLOR][COLOR=#add8e6]Nurfindel[/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa] [HNT; R2][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurfindel View Post
    First Ive to say: This is just an amazing piece of work! Thank you & well done!

    Theres one thing Id like to point out thats (probably) incorrect: "If you don't yet have the fishing hobby, you can train it directly from the quest bestower in Snowbourn."
    For myself, I kept wondering why there were 3 bestower in Harwick, Cliving & Eaworth, but just 2 in front of the Snowbourn meadhall. Yesterday, I figured out why: Ive never catched up the fishing thing (its somewhat tedious... ), and didnt get the corresponding quests at all, no ring above the heads in any color or whatsoever. So no direct trainig at Daggaric at least for me...
    I've trained fishing with that NPC. He won't have a ring over his head, but that shouldn't stop you from right-clicking him.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    159

    Hytbold Vault-Keeper

    Has anybody ever heard why there isn't a vault-keeper in Hytbold? Or has any been passed around about future plans for vault-keeper there?

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhardt View Post
    i´m using english client..
    other hidden prerequisites could be one point, but thats kinda strange if you can build all other townsfolks.
    hope it´s not a bug...
    Ran into the same issue so started spending tokens on all the Wold stuff. The townsfolk III finally showed up after cottage of the wold: enhancements I, but I completed a bunch of other things too so I can't be sure it wasn't a combination of all of those quests that counted as prereqs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019a62e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  19. #169
    i´ll try it this afternoon after work, thanks

  20. #170
    You need to complete Cottage of the Wold: Enhancements I to get the Quest Townfolks III
    " Sir, we are surrounded! - Excellent, we can attack in any direction!"



  21. #171
    Completed it, but still no townsfolk III

  22. #172
    Strange.. I could build it...
    " Sir, we are surrounded! - Excellent, we can attack in any direction!"



  23. #173
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Queensland.
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhardt View Post
    Completed it, but still no townsfolk III
    Had Wold Kindred and a bunch of unspent tokens so I went and checked out Hargar for Townsfolk III, relogged between each turn in to be sure, and can confirm that upon completing House of the Wold enhancements I that it became available. I had already done Cottage of the Wold enhancements I and it didn't pop up, so unless its required that both Cottage and House of the Wold enhancements are both needed, you should have gotten it.

    You could try completing Cottage of the Wold Enhancements I if you havent done so as a test to see if it becomes available. If it's still unavailable after that, I'd be putting in a ticket for sure. If it does become available, that would point out that it requires both enhancements I to be done.
    Last edited by Eriandor; Nov 06 2012 at 09:44 PM.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000005cda8/signature.png]Delone[/charsig]
    Elebornir 85 LM / Eldanathior 77 Minstrel / Eoemer 75 Champion. Too many alts to list [/center]

  24. #174
    House of the Wold: Enhancement is still missing, i´ll build it later and tell you if it works.

  25. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    Shortly after reaching level 84, your character will receive a letter in the mail from Fastred to enlist your efforts. An attached item will bestow the quest To Hytbold, in which you're sent to Edgal. When you get there, Edgal will bestow another quest, Welcome to Hytbold, that has you visit the town's four districts (named after the four ridings of the Eastemnet) and some of its major buildings. You'll be rewarded [25 Tokens of Hytbold] after this brief tour.
    Are you sure about this reward, becouse last night I've completed this quest and did not receive any [Token of Hytbold] as reward ...
    Last edited by DarkArise; Nov 07 2012 at 02:58 AM.

 

 
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload