We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 266
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    U.S. North Carolina
    Posts
    9
    again.. Thanks for this guide.. alot of people would have been toiling in utter confusion after reaching end game on how to get the sets going.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal, USA
    Posts
    6,267
    Perhaps until all pictures are uploaded for housing items, you can link to this album: https://picasaweb.google.com/Chromit...dHousingBeta6# in the post. If anything, it's a great place to look at all items at once
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...51#post6487651

    Dress up locations (some corrected in a post further down.)
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

  4. #129
    I would really appreciate it if I could get something other than Dressage as my Norcrofts landscape quest. I have had that one three days in a row.
    There is nothing wrong with the system as far as I know. I am just experiencing a statistical anomaly.

  5. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Sechaii View Post
    I would really appreciate it if I could get something other than Dressage as my Norcrofts landscape quest. I have had that one three days in a row.
    There is nothing wrong with the system as far as I know. I am just experiencing a statistical anomaly.
    During beta testing on Bullroarer, we once had a streak of Resupplying the Line nine days in a row. On average, that should happen about once in every 500 nine-day periods, so I'm hoping it won't happen again for at least 12 years.

    To put it another way, if about 500 people flipped a coin 9 times, on average one of them would flip heads 9 times in a row.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    941
    What?,..... no vault? -_-

    why,.. oh why would they leave out a vault?

    Looks like galtrav remains the nexus of convenience.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6cff/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    As has been stated repeatedly in the thread, the bottleneck is usually rep, not tokens. Expensive has very little to do with it.

    My Warden set will be completed in 10 days, max, and I won't have to deal with mixing for set bonuses, since there's only 1 set I'm interested in as a tank. Conversely, other characters can take upwards of 25 days. 15 days difference is more what he was talking about when he mentioned Warden bribes, not the "3 or 4 days" you made up.
    The most equitable way to level the acquisition of Armour pieces is to change the REP requirement to ‘Ally’ for every Armour Item for all Classes. There can be no logical justification to have some as Ally and others at ALL Kindred.

    I’m sure there was some sort of methodology tried to make things even amongst the classes but it didn’t work. Change the Rep requirement to Ally for every Class.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    Thank you very much for the guide!

    I'm really happy with the Hytbold concept and implementation. As a casual solo player it really makes Lotro enjoyable and worth continuing to pay a sub for.

    I'm enjoying watching the city grow and change each day when I rebuild different sections

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shrewsbury, UK
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by RossMcColl2 View Post
    Thank you very much for the guide!

    I'm really happy with the Hytbold concept and implementation. As a casual solo player it really makes Lotro enjoyable and worth continuing to pay a sub for.

    I'm enjoying watching the city grow and change each day when I rebuild different sections
    Me too! And Im not just a Solo Player either, and not so much of a casual now I think about it lol - BUT Im loving Hytbold, sure it takes some planning but I enjoy that as well! although as mentioned earlier, a Vault is the only thing Missing, Maybe its a reward you get for becoming Thane?

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2

    Red face Rebuilding Hytbold

    I was just hoping that the rebuilding the town would be bound to account and not to each character. The thought of doing everything all over again is really tedious. Of course if this happens, only the character with reputation from the corresponding faction can do the upgrades. Just a thought.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shrewsbury, UK
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomvie View Post
    I was just hoping that the rebuilding the town would be bound to account and not to each character. The thought of doing everything all over again is really tedious. Of course if this happens, only the character with reputation from the corresponding faction can do the upgrades. Just a thought.
    Well if you Rebuild on just one Character and do a total rebuild - the idea is that you can but the items for yoru alts, put them in shared storage and then Voila! They need not build Hytbold at all if you dont want to

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    850
    excellent, excellent guide! can we get this in the lorebook so it survives the next forum purge? I'll def need this info again in abt 2 yrs when my lowbie RK enters rohan

    Thanks much!
    Westhalian-Firefoot, Vyspark-Crickhollow, I'm not quite 1337 but I'm close...1336
    [URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info385-PredictInGameTime.html"]Predict In-Game Time[/URL] plugin
    "Community is all of us together. As the current community, we have a huge opportunity to <transform teh nuubs into our awesomeness>" - Clover (paraphrased)

  13. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrappyTheGreat View Post
    excellent, excellent guide! can we get this in the lorebook so it survives the next forum purge? I'll def need this info again in abt 2 yrs when my lowbie RK enters rohan

    Thanks much!
    Yup, I'll add a Lorebook article for it as soon as some players have finished rebuilding Hytbold and I'm confident it's accurate. Other players and I have found and corrected about a dozen minor errors in the guide so far, and it's easier for me to keep track of here for the time being than with wiki revisions.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Shire, Canada
    Posts
    894
    Fantastic post! Bookmarked...

    Thank you!

  15. #140
    Can I build an Auction house? If yes, what I need to build first?

  16. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by AaylaKheledlire View Post
    Can I build an Auction house? If yes, what I need to build first?
    As far as anyone knows, there is no Auctioneer in Hytbold. If you happen to discover one, please tell us here!

  17. #142
    Sad news, but thanks for info!

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    It would be nice if a fully rebuilt Hytbold was the equivalent of Bree instead of Snowbourn. Unfortunately where there is more functionality in Snowbourn, people will naturally idle there instead.

    If it was the main centre where people gathered for crafting, finding people to quest with, showing off your fancy looks to passers by, and to play music on your lute whilst people are busy in the AH.

    You're supposed to rebuild Hytbold back to a hustling, bustling city. Why not make it one?

    Include:

    - Vault
    - AH
    - Reflecting Pool
    - Horsey route to Ettens
    - Horsey route to Instance cluster (when up)
    - Skirmish Camp
    - Respawn circle
    - Access to player housing
    - Festival NPCs and quests
    - Class Trainers
    - Mustering Horn
    - Campfire
    - Rep vendors

    etc.

  19. #144
    Yep, that would be great!

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    174
    First of all, thank you for the great guide. It is very useful and gives useful tips for making certain facilities available sooner, rather than later. I don't think it spoils something, as for role-playing purposes, many people will try to rebuild the entire town.

    Regarding missing facilities, I am not convinced that everything should be featured. However, I'd welcome a vault (it is a glaring omission), an auction hall (will be useful, given the crafting facilities), and class trainers (or give that option to the class gear traders). A horse route to the Moors may be also a nice feature. I think this is going to be enough, after all the purpose of Hytbold is not to be the new main hub, this is rather what Snowbourn is thought as (though I think implementation is not very good).

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    jordan
    Posts
    366
    hi all

    im working on my 2nd armor : armour of the hytbold leader
    opened 5 out if 6 peace's
    now im after the 6ths witch is the jacket
    requisite :
    Townsfolk III (10) - Hargar (Wold Kindred) - [Jacket of the Hytbold Leader] (35)

    im kin with wold and when i go talk to the guy he dont have it tried all others no1 have it

    as i said im alryd kin everywhere and rebuild the mead hall= ( have 5/6 if the amour )


    any1 can help plz ??


    sry for my english


    ./salute medo

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sunny SoCal, USA
    Posts
    6,267
    @dsadada: Did you fill all the pre-requisites? Maybe you need to do Townsfolk I and II first? Did you talk to the right NPC, the Wold Kindred one?


    For those interested, I was bored and wanted to see the numbers for myself... and I didn't see the numbers on the guide (if they are there, I missed them xD):

    1215 tokens total to rebuild Hytbold (ouch).
    Divided by 25 = 48.6 days.
    Assuming you complete the five deeds that reward 25 tokens apiece, that goes down to 43.6... so, yes. 44 days.

    But if you want armour? That's an extra 130 tokens per set, so add another five days to the process (can take the remainder from day 44 to add to this at least...).

    Jeez. Excessive. Nearly two months. And half-way through you hit kindred with all four, too. You would hope that after hitting kindred the process would speed up a bit

    I'm on day 12 with one toon, day 7 with another, and the other two haven't even started... eek. Sorta hoping 8.1 will take pity on us and double the amount of coins offered per quest :P Doubt it, but this is daunting XD
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dgoqrr.jpg[/IMG]
    RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle[B]
    Landroval[/B]: [SIZE=1]LAERLIN ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/laerlin"]Bio + Drawings[/URL]) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND ([URL="http://tinyurl.com/aethelind"]Bio + Drawing[/URL]) • NETHAEL[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://tinyurl.com/mnwbbbq"]Make LOTRO Housing Fun & Profitable![/URL] • [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m33b8be"]New Dye Color Suggestions![/URL][/CENTER]

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    @dsadada: Did you fill all the pre-requisites? Maybe you need to do Townsfolk I and II first? Did you talk to the right NPC, the Wold Kindred one?


    For those interested, I was bored and wanted to see the numbers for myself... and I didn't see the numbers on the guide (if they are there, I missed them xD):

    1215 tokens total to rebuild Hytbold (ouch).
    Divided by 25 = 48.6 days.
    Assuming you complete the five deeds that reward 25 tokens apiece, that goes down to 43.6... so, yes. 44 days.

    But if you want armour? That's an extra 130 tokens per set, so add another five days to the process (can take the remainder from day 44 to add to this at least...).

    Jeez. Excessive. Nearly two months. And half-way through you hit kindred with all four, too. You would hope that after hitting kindred the process would speed up a bit

    I'm on day 12 with one toon, day 7 with another, and the other two haven't even started... eek. Sorta hoping 8.1 will take pity on us and double the amount of coins offered per quest :P Doubt it, but this is daunting XD
    But its so easy, its like what 20 minutes of non-repetative quests a day (50 to choose from)?

    Its meant to be an end game activity,... like raiding, moors, or 6 mans. And is actually much less grindy than those three.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6cff/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Swindon, England
    Posts
    117
    2 months of soloable, small, fun quests with good rewards and a sense of achievement is excessive?

    Good god man.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    12
    I found this guide to be very helpful in unlocking the gear by set quickly. I could have spent weeks completeng a set and I am sure there are people that will...Thanks for all the time and effort in putting this together and even including screenshots. I do have to comment that the gear looks great, but I had expected something different than the cosmetic appearance of the quest rewards we have already received leveling to 85.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000085597/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

 

 
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload