We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
    Thank you for this wonderful guide.

I'm halfway through rebuilding the town. I've completed 7 of 14 for the Hytbold deed and have unlocked the resource quests, but none of the NPCs that give the quests to rebuild parts of the town are offering quests. The daily Aid quest to do 5 regional quests still works, but none of the rebuilding quests are available. I've visited and attempted to talk to all of the NPCs. Do you have any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleMagnolia View Post
    I'm halfway through rebuilding the town. I've completed 7 of 14 for the Hytbold deed and have unlocked the resource quests, but none of the NPCs that give the quests to rebuild parts of the town are offering quests. The daily Aid quest to do 5 regional quests still works, but none of the rebuilding quests are available. I've visited and attempted to talk to all of the NPCs. Do you have any idea what might be causing this and how to fix it?
    Some of the rebuilding quests will be offered only after you reach the Ally and Kindred standings with the reputation factions of Rohan. Since you unlocked the crafting instances already, you already bypasses the Ally threshold and it could happen that you completed all the rebuilds offered by Ally NPCs but did not start the Kindred ones. If this is the case, just keep doing the daily regional quests and accumulate Hytbold tokens until the Kindred state with any of the factions is reached.
    Ishtarien - Captain 100
    Ishtarel - HNT 100 / Ishtaridas - LRM 100 / Cabernetta - GRD 100 / Ishtari - RNK 100 / Ishti - BRG 100 / Lunasa - MNS 100 / Medovinus - BRN 100
    The Mellowship - [EN] Eldar -> [EN] Evernight

Fantastic guide! I always give this link to people asking anything about Hytbold.
    Well done! I look forward to more of your contributions.
    Fredelas is a great boon to the Lord of the Rings Online community. Turbine should be very grateful to have such a player.

Question I heard somewhere...

that after you reach 95, you can't complete the quests anymore... Is there any problems with completing this now that the level cap is higher?

At 84 I began doing the quests, & don't work at it every day, but have already reached 87, almost 88 & haven't gotten ally with any of the areas that I need to yet. Although I don't mind the grind so much because it's going to help all my alts, I didn't want to get most of the way done & not be able to complete it.

This is a really great thread! I appreciate all the work that went into assembling it. Thanks!

False information; been completing them at 100 (seems to take forever...)

Edit: Sorry for the necro, didn't notice the date...
    Last edited by Urwendil; Sep 08 2014 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Necro...

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Some of the rebuilding quests will be offered only after you reach the Ally and Kindred standings with the reputation factions of Rohan. Since you unlocked the crafting instances already, you already bypasses the Ally threshold and it could happen that you completed all the rebuilds offered by Ally NPCs but did not start the Kindred ones. If this is the case, just keep doing the daily regional quests and accumulate Hytbold tokens until the Kindred state with any of the factions is reached.
    Quote:So far all I have been able to is 2 builds and no quests are showing to continue 1,200 left for kindred with Sucrofts what am I doing wrong there is nothing just daily tasks and no more options to rebuild anything.

Quote Originally Posted by basetet View Post
    Quote:So far all I have been able to is 2 builds and no quests are showing to continue 1,200 left for kindred with Sucrofts what am I doing wrong there is nothing just daily tasks and no more options to rebuild anything.
    There are a total of 9 NPC's that take your Hytbold tokens. The one outside the Meadhall, and 2 in each of the four areas of Hytbold (Wold, Norcrofts, Entwash and Sutcrofts); One of the NPC's will offer you rebuilding quests when you're Ally with the reputation and the other will offer you rebuilding quests when you're Kin.

Keep in mind, since the recent revamp, all of the rebuilding quests only take 1 Token each, as opposed to the 5-15 required previously. So, it's very easy to have far more tokens than you'll ever need by the time you get to the appropriate reputation for the next batch of rebuilding quests.

I have just started Hytbold with my lvl 86 captain so a couple of questions,

Is it worth doing all the rebuilding of Hytbold with her

Are the armour sets worth grinding for or should i wait.

9. The Hytbold Armour was great when the level cap was 85 but I have found that level 86+ armour (even the yellow quest rewards and drops) has much higher stats. I just ran my Guardian through Rohan and I skipped the Hytbold grind. The same applies for jewellery and LIs...level 86s have much higher stats than the level 85 items.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    I have just started Hytbold with my lvl 86 captain so a couple of questions,

Is it worth doing all the rebuilding of Hytbold with her

Are the armour sets worth grinding for or should i wait.
    Due to the power creep that came with Helm's Deep, even the random Green armor that drops from lvl 85 mobs in Wildermore will have better stats than the Hytbold armor.
    I'd say to skip Hytbold, but for the daily Crafting Instances that it holds for T8 resources; Specifically the Scholar one (need ally with the Norcrofts) which will give you LI titles as rewards.

After U15 (i think?) all building upgrades cost 1 Hytbold token, and each quest gives 10 of those tokens, so you can complete it now in few days.
    The armour doesnt worth it, but its a nice accomplishment for completionists and there is also the reputation with 4 factions (4x15TP for Ally, 4x20TP for Kindred, not bad for F2P players).

Indeed, lvl 86 items are far more efficient and even the yellow quest items in the beginning of West Rohan will make Hytbold set obsolete for your characters. A nice alternative could be some purple items from scaled instances in lvl 85-86.

You have to get Kindred standing with all 4 factions to complete Hytbold, with only 5 quests available daily which means 6000 reputation. You are starting Hybold with Friend standing, close to Ally, if you finished all quests in Eastment, and you have to get Kindred standing with all 4 factions to complete rebuilding of Hytbold. Tokes are not a problem since update, but you still have to get Kindred standings in Eastment. It takes minimum 25 days, it is little bit more than a few

I have a queation on this...I finished Kin with all....did all the rebuilding I can see...did the Witan instance afterward, but Rinwald still has a the Aiding the Eastemnet quest available for me to take again. Will this quest always be available? Or do I still have something else to do?

Quote Originally Posted by stevep12 View Post
    I have a queation on this...I finished Kin with all....did all the rebuilding I can see...did the Witan instance afterward, but Rinwald still has a the Aiding the Eastemnet quest available for me to take again. Will this quest always be available? Or do I still have something else to do?
    That quest will always be there. It is the main quest for the dailies. You can accept it once per day then go do whichever 5 dailies you want. Then the main quest will reset and you can get it again anytime you want.

Quote Originally Posted by stevep12 View Post
    The reason it remains available is so you can earn more tokens to use to barter for furniture, armor for yourself, or armor for your alts.

OK....just wondering...but I think I am done with Hytbold...feels like Ive been there forever....worse than how long it toook to do all of Moria

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11