We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Like I said, I'm way past those rebuilds....I do Isengraf every day. But no forge and no workbench....I'm obviously missing something or the guide is wrong. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBalm View Post
    Like I said, I'm way past those rebuilds....I do Isengraf every day. But no forge and no workbench....I'm obviously missing something or the guide is wrong. Thanks though.
    The workbench is located inside the lumber mill. The forge is located outside the smithy. These crafting facilities aren't the same as most others in Middle-earth, I believe due to phasing.

Although you can't click on them, you should see their buffs under your portrait when you're near them, and opening the crafting panel (by default pressing the T key) should allow you to execute recipes requiring those facilities.

If not, you should file a /bug report in game.

Thank you very much for taking the time to work up this guide...it's great. And I love the spreadsheet also.

Question on the randomness of the daily quests...are they truely "random", or is one instance quest just sprinkled in every 30 days or so? I started my Hytbold grind about 15 days ago, am Ally with all factions now, and I rotate through the towns trying to polish off the deeds. But in each region I still have an instance quest left to go (each with 2 quests), and it doesn't turn up. "The Ford" quest in the Wold is one example. Is it just my luck, or are those less "random" than the others just to make completing the deeds harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Occum View Post
    Thank you very much for taking the time to work up this guide...it's great. And I love the spreadsheet also.

Question on the randomness of the daily quests...are they truely "random", or is one instance quest just sprinkled in every 30 days or so? I started my Hytbold grind about 15 days ago, am Ally with all factions now, and I rotate through the towns trying to polish off the deeds. But in each region I still have an instance quest left to go (each with 2 quests), and it doesn't turn up. "The Ford" quest in the Wold is one example. Is it just my luck, or are those less "random" than the others just to make completing the deeds harder?
    The landscape and public instance quests for Aiding the Eastemnet are intended to be randomized each day, like flipping a coin or rolling a die. That is, they're not scheduled ahead of time in a rotating fashion and don't take into account what quests were offered yesterday (or a week ago).

Since each area has four public instances, there's a 75% (3 out of 4) chance every day that you won't get the one you're missing.

The odds of this happening 15 days in a row are low, but well within the realm of possibility. In fact, the cumulative probability of not getting the quest for 15 days is on average just over 1.3% (0.75 ^ 15). Put another way, if there were 75 (1 / 0.75 ^ 15) LOTRO servers, on average, you'd always expect one of them not to offer that quest for 15 days in a row.

Don't feel bad. Your server has just gotten slightly unlucky. (We had an even more statistically unlikely situation happen during beta testing on Bullroarer, when Resupplying the Line was the landscape quest in Eaworth nine days in a row. The odds of that happening are only 1 in 512.)

While there could be unintentional bugs or intentional reasons a quest might not be offered, I'm not aware of any at this time. Keep at it, and your quests will show up eventually!

Thank you for putting in the time to write this up. It is a big help!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000002095/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I knew about hytbold from people talking about it but hadnt looked into the actual mechanics of it.

My experience so far is being confused for the most part and surprise at the design of some of those dailies. Like the town thats on fire with the well outside a gate not being protected. All those farms would have had a water source on site and the town well would be inside the gates.

I hit 84 earlier in the week and got the visit hytbold deed completed despite not having been near there on the map. And it also appears that the breadcrumb quest letter no longer comes to your character.

Did the mead hall thing and outdoor bits to open milestone and stables. Inside the mead hall after the 2 internals I had access to are a bunch of generic rohirrim and the healer, provisions and supply vendors. And why in the world does the taxi west to snowbourn not go along the paths that are there and instead go up and around the norcrofts?

Have now hit ally with the wold and while the quest ring is there in that part of hytbold there's no visible npc, in fact the map and compass are full of npc markers for stuff that is presumably yet to be done.

Without this guide I'd have wandered off and left the place as a smouldering ruin as there's no useful information in the game about how the rebuild actually works. Some things like the stable were obvious but other than that it's just a laggy mess for people to blunder their way through without a guide like the one on the forums, assuming the forums actually load it up.

Think I need to just stop doing anything with it and just figure out the direct path for the skald armour rather than blindly spending tokens as the game seems to want you to do.

Small update.

I ended up /bugging it and ticketting a GM but at ally with all 4 factions I hit a complete brickwall for rebuild quests due to missing npc's. Thankfully the GM sorted it out by mailing the to hytbold quest letter that should have come when I hit 84 but never did. Might be worth adding into the guide at somepoint that this can be an issue and seems to be a fairly easy fix involved as long as you can ticket.

Once the NPC's appeared that were meant to I was able to continue rebuilding and got a couple of armour bits thanks to this guide outlining what was needed rather than the lack of information in game.
    Last edited by Moneydie; Jan 21 2013 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    If you go all the way to the back of Sad Torech and climb the hill of rubble to your right, you can try them out yourself!

Clicking on a beam attachment point will spawn a temporary beam you can walk across to get around the upper areas. Some jumping is involved. During beta testing, we didn't discover anything special up there, but you might!
    I just tried that and the beams appeared but you couldnt walk on them.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this before, but if you're a Rune-keeper and want the Thunder Caller set, you can get it a lot quicker. Instead of grinding Wold rep for the gloves, just get the Cleanser gloves. Same stats, and you only need 5/6 pieces for a full set bonus. This way you only need Kindred with Entwash and Sutcrofts, and Ally with the Wold and the Norcrofts.

Also, thank you SO MUCH for this guide. It is incredible. We refer to it as the Hytbold Bible instead of the Holy Bible in my kin. I'm sure other people do as well lol.

I have updated a few sections of the guide with new information. Of note is:

Beginning with Update 10, players can reset the cooldown on the quest Aiding the Eastemnet at a cost of [5 Mithril Coins] which can be purchased from the LOTRO Store. However, the cooldowns on the sixteen quests randomly available each day cannot be reset. By repeatedly resetting the cooldown on Aiding the Eastemnet, it is possible for a player to complete as many as 16 quests each day, earning [80 Tokens of Hytbold] total (although for practical purposes, most players will only want to complete 15 quests).

I've added a link to a French guide and information about Galuhad's awesome Hytbold Assistant plugin in the original post.

Informations en français, par JeuxOnline

Galuhad has written a Lua plugin to help you keep track of your progress rebuilding Hytbold on multiple characters. You can find out more about Hytbold Assistant at the LOTRO Interface site.

Best guide ever! Any MMO. EOS

Thank you so much for making this otherwise complex subject into a simple to follow and logical guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Goo-see-nopants View Post
    First of all, to the OP, thanks for putting your time into making this thread. I'm sure it has helped numerous people.

Anyway, I was curious about the 44 day minimum and have added the total tokens needed to complete each section of the Hytbold deed. If somebody else already posted this, my apologies. I took the information from the OP in his rebuilding section and totaled up each section of the deed.

I. Mead Hall-175 tokens (Including 25 from initial Hytbold quest)
    II. Palisade- 40 tokens
    III. Lighting and Fences - 75 tokens
    IV. Smithy - 35 tokens
    V. Tents - 80 tokens
    VI. Towers - 180 tokens
    VII. Lumber Mill - 55 tokens
    VIII. Armory - 45 tokens
    IX. Townsfolk - 50 tokens
    X. Library - 35 tokens
    XI. Stable - 70 tokens
    XII. Gates - 50 tokens
    XIII. Houses - 300 tokens
    XIV. Farmhouses - 50 tokens

Total Number of tokens to completely rebuild Hytbold - 1,240 tokens
    Tokens acquired from completing quest deeds in all four regions and meta deed - 125 tokens
    Initial Hytbolt Quest - 25 tokens

Net tokens needed from dailies: 1,090 tokens (divide by 25 tokens/day)
    Minimum number of days to fully rebuild Hytbold: 44

When dividing this number, I get 43.6, but you need an extra 15 tokens to complete Hytbold which you need to get on your 44th day. So, you need 44 days to rebuild Hytbold. And this is without buying armor and completing every quest deed.
    So, following this logic, and with the fact that you can now reset the quest twice a day with Mithril coins, hence 75 tokens/day, 1,090 tokens require 15 days instead of 44, by spending 140 Mithril coins. The problem I see with that is that in 14 days you may not have unlocked all the random quests for the deeds so it may not be worth it to spend that much mithril coins anyway.

But if you reset only once/day, it means 22 days hence 110 Mithril coins. On the store, 100 MC is 850 pts so that gives an idea of the costs. if you don't mind the TP, that is a good investment I guess to prevent boredom.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000012db10/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    This guide may contain spoilers about how rebuilding Hytbold works. If you'd prefer to figure this out on your own, you should stop reading now.

Deutsche Übersetzung von Odlind
    Informations en français, par JeuxOnline

Short link to this guide (in case you want to refer players in-game): tinyurl.com/hytbold

Credits: This information in this guide was gathered by many dedicated Riders of Rohan beta testers, supplemented by Hytbold's chief architect at Turbine jwbarry, and made possible with the patient assistance of Turbine's fantastic QA team. As with any aspect of an online game, these details may change over time, so your feedback is greatly appreciated, too!

Special Note: Lunasa has also compiled most of this information in spreadsheet format. See the post below for a link.

Galuhad has written a Lua plugin to help you keep track of your progress rebuilding Hytbold on multiple characters. You can find out more about Hytbold Assistant at the LOTRO Interface site.

It would be wonderful if Turbine could reward the creator(s) for devoting an enormous amount of time to a project that has helped so many others. My heartfelt thanks to all who contributed to this amazing guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelwen View Post
    It would be wonderful if Turbine could reward the creator(s) for devoting an enormous amount of time to a project that has helped so many others. My heartfelt thanks to all who contributed to this amazing guide.
    That's very kind of you to say. Speaking only for myself, I would reply that the challenge of deciphering how Hytbold worked was reward enough.

Although I'm not the type of player who finds the visual rebuilding of Hytbold very fun, I very much enjoyed being part of the group of testers who helped to untangle the puzzle.

Thank you for the fantastic guide! I've been doing the Hytbold work for about 5 days now, and I finally understand what I'm doing now that I've read the majority of the guide! LOL...reading am hard!

I would like to add something for the newbies on this:

Save your tokens. I kinda started rebuilding willy-nilly, and did some random things that don't directly improve my ability to get the armour (not the biggest deal since I'm 84 still). I kind of wish I'd saved my tokens until I had enough faction/tokens to max out the things I needed more quickly. Though building the stable first did feel smartish...

I will say I did start without fully reading...terrible personal problem! As for the grind, at first I was a little put off by how little I change things a day. I though "man, this is going to take me forever to finish!" (which is very well may as I'm a completionist!), but then I thought back to Moria, Mirkwood, and trying to do the Solo Dragon pieces (I never got one! Too lazy!). Those took HOURS literally to get one coin/barter item. With this, I can do the quests in under an hour (still working on my speed), and then do something else (usually go to bed!). I really love this, and I hope that in future expansions I have the ability to get good stuff through this because while I love raiding, I really lack the time having a young kid.

So hey, I'm pleased! Thank you for the excellent guide and the incredibly hard work you've put into it! And cheers for a good system to get me some better equipement! =P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000baa5a/01001/signature.png]Filorin[/charsig]

Hello,

Awesome guide. My character is just lvl 57 at the moment, but I was wondering how the new expansion and the lvl cap rise will affect this part of the game? Will there be new Hytbold armor sets or will there be something to replace Hytbold altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbins View Post
    Hello,

Awesome guide. My character is just lvl 57 at the moment, but I was wondering how the new expansion and the lvl cap rise will affect this part of the game? Will there be new Hytbold armor sets or will there be something to replace Hytbold altogether?
    It's unclear what will (if anything) happen to Hytbold once the Helm's Deep expansion is released.

It seems unlikely any new rewards would be added. However, I imagine it will remain an interesting diversion for completionists and players interested in the housing decorations it has to offer.

there are certain quests for Hytbold I dont seem to be able to complete (at least so far), Chasing down children, climbing the tower, and another I cant think of. My reflexes are just not that good. So, if I fellowship with someone else, and they are able to do these quests with me in tow, do I get credit for them? I tend to think so, but dont know.
    [URL="http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Nibli/media/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae340/Nibli/1267dd37-16f8-412a-b078-df2bffa19539_zpsd8a642b2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Landroval Server
    Officer of The Lonely Mountain Band
    Whilst cooking for Elevensies, Tinki floors 2 Orcs with her frying pan and fresh caught fish. The frying pan critted for 18 hp and the fish was extra tender afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by morrowbreeze View Post
    there are certain quests for Hytbold I dont seem to be able to complete (at least so far), Chasing down children, climbing the tower, and another I cant think of. My reflexes are just not that good. So, if I fellowship with someone else, and they are able to do these quests with me in tow, do I get credit for them? I tend to think so, but dont know.
    The tower is extremely difficult; I only did it (with many many repeated attempts) on the two characters I had complete the rebuild. My champ, and any others who reach 84+, will happily skip it! If you have a captain friend who is good at that kind of thing, see if they'll summon you. That's the easiest way to complete this one, though I've never managed to do it that way myself.

The one you can't think of is probably Wild Horses in Cliving. With /follow bugged I can't see how that one is possible to complete anymore. So I'd suggest waiting for the bug fix on that one.

Chasing the children in Harwick is not very difficult. A key point is that you don't need to target the child. Just get close enough so that you're allowed to activate the quest item (a stick to beat them with? I forget) and stay close enough for the duration of the induction. In many cases you don't actually need to continue moving once you're in range, the time the child takes to run through you and out of range is usually longer than the induction.

Message received: NO TALKING ABOUT BETA!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000299786/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

why is NONE of this info available ingame? without a guide or advice, how would you ever know how to unlock these armour pieces? it makes no sense to me.

It is available in a way -- some of it you'd have to figure out by trial and error, as the original poster did, and some is in the popup tips and such. It's just a lot of pieces and assembling it would take an age.

Quote Originally Posted by lenway12 View Post
    why is NONE of this info available ingame? without a guide or advice, how would you ever know how to unlock these armour pieces? it makes no sense to me.
    Yep, as Hunter says, every bit of the above information was discovered in-game by other players, without a guide or advice. That's the way these sorts of things always work for games (unless something is leaked by the company?). Players figure things out for themselves and then share their discoveries with the rest of us.

For the armor itself, I believe if you select the piece you want and then hover your cursor over the purchase button, it will give a tooltip telling you what you need in order to barter for that item.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

between the heavens and the underworld, bka Middle-Earth!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVanDomelen View Post
    Did they change it so you can only buy armor for the class of the character who rebuilds Hytbold? I just finished the Witan quests on my Hunter and still can only see the Hunter class barterers. Or is it necessary to finish all the impossible quests (i.e. tower climb) to unlock the other classes?

---Dave
    your class' barter vendors unlock upon starting the rebuild process, then you probably already knew that, however to unlock ALL the class barter vendors in Hytbold you must FULLY rebuild Hytbold, even completing the final instance quest, which also rewards 2 titles for all that trouble! It isn't necessary to complete every regions quests, but you must reach kindred with all 4 factions of the Eastemnet to open all the rebuilding quests in Hytbold proper, easiest by choosing a faction and doing all 4 quests in their home city for the greatest advancement towards that factions reputation leaving the 5th quest in another factions city unless you can spend Mithril Coins to reset the main daily quest giving 5 more quests each time for a max of 16 quests/day! Good Luck!

Yeah, I deleted my original post because the other barterers appeared after I left Hytbold and came back. For some reason, they didn't phase in right after I got out of the Witan instance.

---Dave

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast