We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Recommended Quest Pack

Hello,

I am a level 41 Guardian and i just finised Evendim, except Anumminas where i have to come back a little later, being a little hard atm. So, i was wondering because i saved some TP's which quest pack i should go now at my level. I afford right now to buy 2 quest packs (I already have all the expansions, except Helm's Deep). I red alot of opinions from ppl. Some says Angmar, some says Misty Mountains, some says Forochel etc.

I am a completionist guy and i enjoy the landscape in LOTRO, but being on the edge of spending some TP's i think i should make a choice right now. I am in Trollshaws right now (haven't done any quest here just the epic ones that sent me in Rivendell. Rivendell is fascinating. My plan was to buy the Trollshaws but after a little documenting i saw that people don't recommend it (i dunno why because the area is very beautiful).

So, according to my level, should i make the epic quests in Rivendell then buy Angmar/Forochel, or Angmar/Misty Mountains, or ???

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by boomy1 View Post
    Hello,

I am a level 41 Guardian and i just finised Evendim, except Anumminas where i have to come back a little later, being a little hard atm. So, i was wondering because i saved some TP's which quest pack i should go now at my level. I afford right now to buy 2 quest packs (I already have all the expansions, except Helm's Deep). I red alot of opinions from ppl. Some says Angmar, some says Misty Mountains, some says Forochel etc.

I am a completionist guy and i enjoy the landscape in LOTRO, but being on the edge of spending some TP's i think i should make a choice right now. I am in Trollshaws right now (haven't done any quest here just the epic ones that sent me in Rivendell. Rivendell is fascinating. My plan was to buy the Trollshaws but after a little documenting i saw that people don't recommend it (i dunno why because the area is very beautiful).

So, according to my level, should i make the epic quests in Rivendell then buy Angmar/Forochel, or Angmar/Misty Mountains, or ???

Thank you!
    Annuminas at level 41 should be at just the right difficulty - unlike the other early zones that are too easy on-level. Annuminas is a bit hard to solo, but perfectly doable and very satisfying when you are done.

The reason you have seen many different opinions on questpacks is because there is no clear-cut "right" answer. If you are completionist I hope you are using the XP-disable ('Stone of the Tortoise'), else you will outlevel some regions before you have even started them.

The main reason for not recommending Trollshaws or Misty Mountains is that those regions simply don't have very many quests. This did improve a bit with the revamp of those regions a while ago, but there is still no over-abundance of quests there. That revamp also messed up some of the existing quests and I don't much like the changes, but that is a matter of opinion.
    Goblin-Town up in the Misty Mountains can be fun, but it is very easy to get lost in those tunnels.
    The story in Book 4 of the Epic takes place in Trollshaws and continue with Book 5 up in Misty Mountains. One of the weaker parts of the Epic IMO.

Forochel is nice, but lots of travel through empty lands. Almost only solo-quests up there.

Angmar is massive. Lots of solo-quests. Lots of fellowship quests. It used to be an endgame area back when the level cap was 50, and it shows - it has some great fellowship instances and raids. Dark and dreary landscape though which some people dislike. Much of the Epic from Book 6 onwards take place in Angmar - with detours to all other regions of Eriador.

Level-wise Trollshaws has quests for level 35-40. Misty Mountains for level 40-45. Forochel for level 44-50. Angmar is for level 40-50. (There is also Eregion with quests for level 48-50 + a few level 51-53 quests)

Angmar by itself should provide enough XP for you to level up to level 46-47 or so - even if you skip all the fellowship quests.
    Personally I would recommend Angmar - it is one of the better regions in the game, but it is not to everybodies liking. After Angmar perhaps Forochel or maybe Eregion - doesn't really matter which one, or you can go directly into Moria after Angmar.
    You have already out-leveled Trollshaws, and apart from Goblin-Town and the Helegrod raid there just isn't all that much to do in Misty Mountains.