We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Before the server goes down....

Hello peeps,

Now as we all know Rohan is going to be launched on Monday 15th Oct. Even though the exact time of the launch is not yet declared, but considering it would be early morning on Monday, I was thinking of proposing we hold a gathering/event of all those of our server who would be online on the eve of the server going down for the launch... Just a sort of communal activity to increase the anticipation and excitement...

Since I do not have a very strict idea of the event/activity, I would propose we hold a gathering on the banks of Anduin in Lothlorien, near the Vineyards.....since the epic begins in Caras Galadhon, it would be close to those who want to stay there, and others who have planned directly entering Rohan first, we can have a ride of the gathering from Imlad Lalaith to OST Celebrant and near the bridge that leads to Rohan

This is just one thought....if anyone agrees or has any other ideas, pls feel free to mention any.....we can decide whichever most people agree to and then announce it on glff by tomorrow so that most people can tell others and be in the know
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

I am not on your server, but the thought occured to me: What about people who have not yet got to Lothlorien. Will you guys offer them to port them there? Because if not, you are excluding some of your server population. You might want to think about this, some sort of "event taxi".
    Gildoriel, Human Guardian, Kinship "Dark Circle", Server Vanyar

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    I am not on your server, but the thought occured to me: What about people who have not yet got to Lothlorien. Will you guys offer them to port them there? Because if not, you are excluding some of your server population. You might want to think about this, some sort of "event taxi".
    With the removing of the rep requirement to enter Lorien, maybe that could be managed yes

Though I figure the event would be mostly interesting for people who are ready to go into Rohan when the expansion comes...its a sort of preparation party for riding into Rohan....so most of these folk would definitely have gotten to or past Lothlorien....those who are lower level wouldnt be much interested to join in the gathering I guess because they wouldnt be able to go into Rohan afterwards anyways.....

But a general pre-gathering may even be planned in Rivendell or something if the mood builds up The best thing about parties is that the more the merrier
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003ec1c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    [COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B]Ivalden - 75 Captain (R2) - Imladris
    Drankorg - Warg (R5) - Landroval[/B][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    You might want to think about this, some sort of "event taxi".
    Quote Originally Posted by silverblade5445 View Post
    With the removing of the rep requirement to enter Lorien, maybe that could be managed yes
    You can hunter-port or captain-summon characters as low as level 40 into the Mirkeaves (note this is 5 levels lower than the minimum level to enter Moria and get to Lothlorien on foot).

If a hunter "guides" to the Mirkeaves a character who hasn't done the Mirkwood epic intro yet, the teleport will work, but the hunter and other character will end up in separate layers. The other character can just click the boat to Lothlorien from there, however. I haven't tested captain-summoning from Mirkeaves but I presume it works the same.

Note that a captain at the Lothlorien docks cannot summon characters that low directly to Lothlorien.
    Join the LotRO Volunteer QA Team!
    Use the [url="http://lotrobugs.turbine.com"][color=red]bug reporting tool[/color][/url] or type /bug in-game!*
    [SIZE=1]*no rants please[/size]