We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurieAle View Post
    I agree, and this is how I suggest it is worked out.
    1. You Must become Thane of Hytbold
    2. If you do, when Edoras comes online, ONLY those who have Thane Status will be able to Purchase a New House, Bigger, with more hooks than the Normal Housing. And more Storage!

I Feel that as a Thane, you would have a Nice Manor House in the Vicinity of Edoras!

Any comments?
    Aye great ideai !

Quote Originally Posted by LaurieAle View Post
    I agree, and this is how I suggest it is worked out.
    1. You Must become Thane of Hytbold
    2. If you do, when Edoras comes online, ONLY those who have Thane Status will be able to Purchase a New House, Bigger, with more hooks than the Normal Housing. And more Storage!

I Feel that as a Thane, you would have a Nice Manor House in the Vicinity of Edoras!

Any comments?
    I agree with new housing, but not more hooks...NO hooks. I HATE the hook system - makes my house look more like a museum than a home. Freeform placement is the ONLY way to go. ALL the good housing systems have it.

Besides, they promised us fantastic housing back even before the game went live...our current system was only supposed to be 'temporary'.
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzi View Post

Could you actually sit on these chairs ? Or is it like any chairs since the Great River > Unusable ?

Because I'd rather have a blank dull chair and sit on it than a fancy one with antlers but cannot put my bum on it

In beta you could only sit ON the chairs but not do the actual sitting look. So you'd be on the chair with your legs crossed rather than sitting in the chair with your legs on the floor.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Wow!

I'm impressed! Can't wait to get a hold of some of that stuff.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000160bc4/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I hate the new Edit Signature functionality

thank you so much for all the work you put into this. I recently got the double window and its still glitched and sits perpendically to the wall. It has the option to interact but nothing happens. Hopefully when its sorted out we can open the window and see a view.

I am thrilled to see so many items for housing, and yes, they absolutely have to enact some sort of housing wallet now.

Its a real shame that these items dont really fit in with the shire housing, and prolly elf housing also.

As an above poster said, it would be great to get a house after finishing Hytbold where these items would
    fit right in.

Maybe, just maybe RoR housing is coming and Turbine just isnt telling us? We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaylyn View Post
    Maybe, just maybe RoR housing is coming and Turbine just isnt telling us? We can only hope.
    Don't hold your breath.
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks for this, + rep !
    [IMG]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/543/kx8e.jpg[/IMG]

Now that I have Hytbold complete (and my new armor), I've started getting some of these housing items on Live. Aside from the naming of the items, they're pretty much the same - windows are still bugged sideways into walls, chandeliers are still on lengthy chains. Of course on live, I have an elven Kinhouse at my disposal...

So here's a few shots of the chandeliers for sense of size. Their wiki pages have been updated accordingly.

"Life is 10% what you make it, and 90% how you take it." - Irving Berlin
    MirkwoodIsengardLOTRO-Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Laweh View Post
    thank you so much for all the work you put into this. I recently got the double window and its still glitched and sits perpendically to the wall. It has the option to interact but nothing happens. Hopefully when its sorted out we can open the window and see a view.

I am thrilled to see so many items for housing, and yes, they absolutely have to enact some sort of housing wallet now.
    I just bought one of the double windows and installed it in my hobbit home, but it still sits wrong. has anyone heard if they are fixing this? and how the heck could the testing department miss this graphic glitch??!!

Windows have been doing that for everyone. Bought one, dumped it. Will not pick up another or any chairs till they are fixed. What good is a chair you cannot sit in?
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

I was looking, specifically, for what the cosmetics looked like and found this thread. The windows are one of the items I wanted and they're horrible! This is like a double slap in the face. 'Here are a bunch of new housing items! Sorry you don't have any room for them and sorry they don't work right, either! Too bad!'

Housing in Hytbold is a quaint idea that people have been throwing around. What about my level 42 alt, though? I have a few 85s and that's all great and stuff, but having a bunch of level 20s, 30s, or whatever, running around Hytbold? That's really what you want? Housing needs a MASSIVE update, since it hasn't had one since it launched. However, putting new housing in Rohan will not fix it. I'm sorry some people can't get housing, but this is the ONLY housing problem that it would fix. A housing update has been asked for since it launched! It was horrible then and still hasn't changed. I use it because it's all we have, although it's hard not to name a game with a better housing system! There are MANY examples of good systems. This is not one of them! /rant off. Sorry about that. Just so tired of this broken system.

Thank you so much for this amazing work!

Both my 85s got their armor set and finished rebuilding Hytbold yesterday.

I was wondering if there were any photos of the housing items available and found your awesome collection of screenshots.

Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to do this!
    Last edited by ShireDweller; Jan 24 2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Can anyone check if the windows were fixed on update 9.1?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001ee718/01008/signature.png]Lucanthanas[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lucanthanas View Post
    Can anyone check if the windows were fixed on update 9.1?
    I have a window that works fine. (as far as placement) it still doesnt open.

Speaking of fixes, those bookcases need to become wall items.
    Last edited by ararax2; Jan 26 2013 at 01:19 PM.
    Ararax

Will the cupboards and cabinets ever be fixed to accommodate the wall slots?
    Yalras - Burglar
    Eldar to Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by MoonwalkIntoMordor View Post
    This.

that is the best house i have ever seen on here really wish i dint have a dwarf house now awesome job!
    [COLOR=#008000][FONT=arial]Sindon we bald, Sindon we strang, Eorlingas , Fram ond trum.[/FONT]
    [FONT=arial]Sindon we bald, Sindon we strang, Eorlingas , Arë lang
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by MoonwalkIntoMordor View Post
    It is truly a shame that new items were introduced that are unusable. It looks like they are not going to be fixed.

i ve made a kin house full of rohan furnitures
    i wish we had a neghborhood in rohan!
    10 years lotro enthousiast, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Valakircka View Post
    i ve made a kin house full of rohan furnitures
    i wish we had a neghborhood in rohan!
    Yep. I was hoping something like that would have been the reward for finishing Hytbold way back in the day.
    Chromite/Grumbletocks/Grumbletunes/Schrade on Landroval, Chromite on Arkenstone, Appendage on Brandywine

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    Yep. I was hoping something like that would have been the reward for finishing Hytbold way back in the day.
    you was not the only one mate!
    i ve suggested new neghboorhood areas in many threads about housing!
    the reason is simple. its the dawn of the 4rth age n the race of man is flourising
    the rebuilding of minas tirith is a good reason to open neghboorhood there
    n othe place could be north ithilien where faramir is going to live there crowned prince by aragon n getting married with eowyn
    n ofc they should think about esgaroth, rohan, lonely mountain
    the only problem i see is the working hours they have to spend
    n ofc the expensive house they have build in the Cape that is a mithril coin spender
    now if you r asking who is spending there ......... i know only a few
    10 years lotro enthousiast, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2