We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Where has everyone gone?

Ive just returned to Lotro after a long absence and was just wondering what the population was like on Evernight. My Toon is still in Moria but have not seen a single player about. Its like my Lotro version of I am Legend!
    So was just wondering where is the new place everyone hangs out in now? Or is it really that dead on the server or is it just the pre-expansion quiet period?

Populations are at a lull atm since it's a week before a new release, people are either finishing up some deeds or actually doing something in RL. However, Galtrev has been the place to go for the past year, but even Stangard has a decent population during prime times. (This is across all servers as far as I can tell).

Was hoping it was pre-exapansion lull!!
    Well i'll look forward to re-intergrating with society when i get a bit higher up the levels ;-)

They went to a little place called, Guild Wars 2. Its the sad truth, a lot of them have also gone to SWToR, regardless this leaves almost all servers with 30-110 people online at any given time. Don't expect much to change come the 15th, games going, sadly.

As an Evernighter myself, at the moment during peak-times
    there's about 225 people in GlobalLFF and around 4-500 people
    online.

The truth has been said already, but it's a combination of factors.

A couple of reasons I know some people have:

1-Just one char, at cap for ages, bored with current endgame
    2-GW2, I do know 1 person I miss dearly because of that game
    3-Those that are there are in Lagtrev or Wailing Hills/Stangard
    4-One raider-kin that decided to move to another server.

The community WILL pick up after Monday, though I doubt it will
    become a "crowded" server...

edit: @ Frisco: Both numbers have been verified using different methods.
    the actual number of players online is not an estimate based on GLFF.
    It's also determined in a discussion a few days BEFORE I posted this.
    Last edited by EvAmy; Oct 16 2012 at 07:22 PM.

Short answer: Galtrev

Quote Originally Posted by Linnier View Post
    They went to a little place called, Guild Wars 2. Its the sad truth, a lot of them have also gone to SWToR, regardless this leaves almost all servers with 30-110 people online at any given time. Don't expect much to change come the 15th, games going, sadly.
    If you're going to troll for GW2, at least do so realistically. While there may be a lull in population with RoR coming so soon, there are consistently thousands of people online on my server, and while it's one of the bigger ones, there's no way that *any* server has as few as 110 people online, let alone 30.

If you don't want to play LOTRO anymore, that's fine. But if GW2 needs people hanging out on other games' forums trash talking them in order to be successful, I question the long-term success of that game.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

While I'm no Evernighter, it seems odd to me that one would predict a /glff channel containing over 50% of the total server population. On BW, it seems closer to about 20%. Granted, we probably have more people who willingly choose *not* to be in it, rather than just not knowing it exists or not speaking English primarily.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

You joined room 'globallff' (UserChat2). Number of members: 236.

Laurelin, 18h00, so not prime time.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

Evernight is a lot smaller server than most people imagine and yes a majority of people have left to try GW2 I've seen entire kins playing on GW2. Some transfered away there is at least 20 people I know of who have transfered away also some people are trying Pandaland. But expect the population to rebound on Monday for awhile although the lower area's will always be quieter.
    Last edited by VoodooJack_EU; Oct 11 2012 at 10:31 PM.