We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: LOTR audiobook

LOTR audiobook

Back ages ago, I had a complete unabridged recording of LOTR on approximately a few hundred CDs (okay, more like 30-some-ish?). I've since become a bit of an audiobook junkie and have a subscription to Audible (amazon's audiobook division), and have been hoping to get this particular recording due to it being much more convenient and compressed format, but I was disappointed for a long time since it wasn't available for download in North America.

So I was really excited to check Audible today and find that I can finally get it here in Canada. For anyone else who is into audiobooks, this is a really wonderful recording, so I thought I'd put a note here for other lotr-philes who might be interested.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

I simply adore the BBC radio adapation they did in the 80s, Micheal Horden is simply superb as Gandelf. I understand Peter Jackson gave a copy to each of the lead cast memebers proior to filming!

In the BBC version Robert Stephens shows us Aragorn is all about the voice, not the three day growth, and Peter Woodthorpe is my favourite version of Pigsy (Woops Gollum).
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001019a8/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Do you mean the version as read by Robert Inglis? I adore that one! His voice complements the way Tolkien wrote. Especially his pronunciation of all the places and the Elven tongue. Inglis is one of my favorite readers, alongside the Great George Guidall.

Found a lot of it on youtube.

The only thing that gets on my nerves sometimes is the singing. Every poem or song is done in it's entirety, and I can take only so many Oh Elbereth Gilthoniel's
    [b] -- Nanum Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus -- [/b]

Quote Originally Posted by Cras View Post
    Do you mean the version as read by Robert Inglis? I adore that one! His voice complements the way Tolkien wrote. Especially his pronunciation of all the places and the Elven tongue. Inglis is one of my favorite readers, alongside the Great George Guidall.

Found a lot of it on youtube.

The only thing that gets on my nerves sometimes is the singing. Every poem or song is done in it's entirety, and I can take only so many Oh Elbereth Gilthoniel's
    Yes, the Robert Inglis! I have to admit, I love the fact that he sings all the songs, even the Elvish ones. I can't read them now without hearing the tunes he uses.

Anyway I just thought there might be other folks who have been waiting for a North American release of this.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

Morthaur was refering to the 13hour Dramatarisation by BBC radio with Robert Stephens as Aragorn and Ian Holm (Bilbo in the films) as Frodo. It is simply superb, whilst it cannot do battle very well you realy feel the power of the dialog on radio