We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

THUNDER RIDE & MUSICAL EVENT OCT 27 @ 9:00 PM EST - Arkenstone

Hail, free peoples of Middle Earth!

Arkenstone's first Thunder Ride will happen October 27, Saturday @ 9:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST). Everyone is welcome. We will meet at Brandywine Bridge @ 9:00 pm. EST. From there, we will gallop on horseback towards the West gate of Bree, and then walk our horses towards the Prancing Pony. The Music Festival will start shortly after that, hosted by The Pony Express music band.

FAQ's:

What is this event about?
    It's about having fun and fellowship with the free peoples of Middle Earth, from all kinships.

Do we bring our own beer?
    For this first concert, yes! Please bring your own beer. In future concerts, I hope to be able to supply beer and pipeweed for free. But if you have some to share with others, please do so!

Will there be a chance to play music?
    Absolutely! The Pony Express band will start first. Please send a tell to Rainaya in-game if you'd like to be a part of this musical event. I will certainly set up music booths around the Prancing Pony for soloist musicians and/or musical groups.

Will this event happen again?
    I anticipate this event to be a monthly gathering, which will be hosted at the end of each month.

Questions?
    Please contact Rainaya in-game on the Arkenstone server if you have further questions or concerns.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Midsummer777; Oct 26 2012 at 02:10 PM.

Sounds great! I plan to be there.

/bow to a group of people bringing something fun to the Arkenstone forums the PvP threads seem to get 90% of the traffic.

4. I've been thinking Arkenstone needs more community events.

Cool

I am glad I have sparked the interest of a few people.

I whole heartedly agree, Radspark, that Arkenstone is due for more community events. This Thunder Ride and Music Fest is the first of many to come. I truly believe that. Interest is generated over time...this will take time to create a community that is invested in player-driven events, outside of the festivals that Turbine offers. But slowly, it will happen. I would be happy if just one person showed up to this event.

Rainaya

Quote Originally Posted by radspakr View Post
    I've been thinking Arkenstone needs more community events.

This sounds like allot of fun. I hope I remember about it so that I'm able to make it. I won't play any music but I'd love to be there.
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][COLOR="#A52A2A"]Arkenstone[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[I][SIZE=4][COLOR="#008000"]Guardian of the Free Peoples & Bree Land Brewing Company[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[I]Dobraine[/I] - [B]Warden[/B] l [I]Dobriana[/I] -[B] Rune Keeper[/B]
    [I]Dobrion[/I] - [B]Burglar[/B] l [I] Dobralia [/I]- [B]Minstrel
    [/B][I]Shiona[/I] -[B] Lore Master [/B] l [I]Dobriel [/I]- [B]Captain[/B]
    [I]Cruxius[/I] - [B]Guardian[/B] l [I]Nephilym[/I] - [B]Warden
    [/B][I]Arcamedes[/I] -[B] Rune Keeper[/B] l [I] Yukiri [/I]- [B]Hunter[/B][/CENTER]

Awesome, Julaneth

I hope to see you there.

Rainaya

Quote Originally Posted by Julaneth View Post
    Sounds great! I plan to be there.

Maybe one day you might take up an instrument, Stockboy. lol

Hope to see you there!

Rainaya

Quote Originally Posted by stockboy View Post
    This sounds like allot of fun. I hope I remember about it so that I'm able to make it. I won't play any music but I'd love to be there.

I will send out a mail to my kinship inviting them to join in on this event

Wow!

That is most appreciated, Aleyth. I really hope you guys have a great time at this event.

Cheers!
    Rainaya

Quote Originally Posted by Aleyth View Post
    I will send out a mail to my kinship inviting them to join in on this event

I will do my best to be there. Real Life does tend to get in the way sometimes lol... mmm free beer!!! This sounds like a blast, I'm glad to see that Arkenstone has developed since I was last here a few years ago. *Raises a pint*

Hi Curadold

Yeah, Arkenstone is coming around, I think. I know there are players who look for a little more diversity in-game. Hopefully this event will also inspire others to host their own server-wide events now and then. Not too many people do on a regular basis like other servers, but it has to start somewhere from humble beginnings.

Hope to see you there

Rainaya

Quote Originally Posted by Curadold View Post
    I will do my best to be there. Real Life does tend to get in the way sometimes lol... mmm free beer!!! This sounds like a blast, I'm glad to see that Arkenstone has developed since I was last here a few years ago. *Raises a pint*

I'll send a kinmail along with the details to my mates and ppl on my friends list, sounds like a great community event, something we definitely could use more of! Excellent idea

super excited about this ! =) -eroswift

Server Events!?!

Glad to see SOMETHING going on as a player event
    I have had plans to make an event, but it seems a little ambitious at the moment and is taking a long time to plan. Glad you beat me to it Rainaya )
    Arkenstone is rather homely and inviting to me (haven't been to the other servers as of yet, and don't have much plan to), and it's great to see this. I hope your turn out is good...with RoR.

Btw, I'll see if I can get some pipeweed for y'all

That's great, Datal.
    Thanks for your support with this. I hope you and your mates can attend.

Rainaya

Quote Originally Posted by Datal View Post
    I'll send a kinmail along with the details to my mates and ppl on my friends list, sounds like a great community event, something we definitely could use more of! Excellent idea

Ahhh! Nice to see enthusiasm from my band mate! lol

It's very exciting, and I'm happy about the positive responses so far. See you and Rhi at band practice Oct 20th Saturday @ 9:00 pm, EST. Inside Prancing Pony.

Rainaya.

Quote Originally Posted by erosskye View Post
    super excited about this ! =) -eroswift

Hi Leaffoot,

I'm glad that you're interested in hosting events like this for the server Arkenstone. I hope others will follow eventually. It's a very slow process...... As for the turnout, I've kept expectations very low. I'd be happy if only one person showed up. I don't game a lot anymore, so it might just become a quarterly event....like every Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter sort of thing.

Yay for pipeweed! Thanks so much for offering! If you can't, that's ok. I appreciate your enthusiasm and support, all the same.

Hope to see you there, Leaffoot!

Cheers!
    Rainaya

Quote Originally Posted by Leaffoot View Post
    Glad to see SOMETHING going on as a player event
    I have had plans to make an event, but it seems a little ambitious at the moment and is taking a long time to plan. Glad you beat me to it Rainaya
    Arkenstone is rather homely and inviting to me (haven't been to the other servers as of yet, and don't have much plan to), and it's great to see this. I hope your turn out is good...with RoR.

Btw, I'll see if I can get some pipeweed for y'all

Cool

You have my lute!

You can have it back...I play the harp!

Rainaya

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty11 View Post
    You have my lute!

9pm

9 Pm est, is that like 2 am in england? If its not what I think I'll do my best to come. :P

Yes, you are exactly right about the time difference. You are 8 hours ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesdp View Post
    9 Pm est, is that like 2 am in england? If its not what I think I'll do my best to come. :P

The Best of the Best

The Pony Express Band

The beginning of the concert...people are starting to arrive....

On a rock in Bree! The Pony Express Band.

What a wonderful turnout for the Thunder Ride and Music Festival!

My bandmates and I, plus several horseback riders met at Brandywine Bridge and galloped like thunder into Bree. I want to send a thank you to those who galloped with us towards the Prancing Pony. I sincerely can not remember your names, so please send me a message on this forum. I would like to acknowledge who was there in attendance to help make this event a success!!

I want to say my sincerest thanks to the following individuals who participated as band members, cheer leaders, supporters, managers, and friends. You guys made this whole thing work and it has become one of Arkenstone's most historical moments. I could not have done this without all of you.

Bolrack --- my first band member recruit. You rocked! And you rocked that haircut, mate!! Thank you for your commitment and positive attitude! You've got a work ethic that just won't quit! I think I owe you a new outfit! haha! But then again, you stole all of mine! j/k

Anenas --- It started with a flute...and ended with a pibgorn. I shake my head in amazement....hahha. Anenas, you have been the behind-the-scenes musician...and I really wish you'd join our band because you're perfect for it. You genuinely have fun playing any instrument, and Bree wouldn't be the same without your presence there. Rock on, my friend! Love those red pants too!!! And the cool blue minstrel ring. Works every time!

Ethwald --- the composer of our band. He also introduced some amazing Finnish music that I absolutely fell in love with! Not only that, but he's super calm and patient and organized!! Folks, this guy woke up early at 3:00 a.m. in the morning just to attend the practices and concert due to the time differences...and....I shake my head in amazement and gratitude. Thank you, Eth! I owe ya a beer!! Or a fresh pot of coffee!!!

Amalasan --- my newest band member recruit....and the day before the concert too! haha! Amal, I am truly appreciative of your offer to help us out. We couldn't be complete without you, mate You saved the day, quite honestly.

Jhacob --- a real life musician and composer...and someone who loves to contribute ideas. I want to say thanks for being positive when things became a little unsure (like whether we'd even be playing this concert!). You are solid as a rock, and unfailingly supportive. You rock, kiddo!

PrettyMe --- Girlfriend, what can I say that I haven't told you already? You're the best. I appreciate your earnest and loving support. You were front row centre at the concert, and I was proud to have you there. You're like a beacon of sunlight, seriously!!! Love ya, sweetheart!

ShutupJuice --- ShutUp, you are absolutely awesome. You were our fireworks man, and The Pony Express' first fan. You were there when we created the band, and you were there when we started and ended the concert. Thank you for those firework displays and support. Love ya!

Tirenor & Geirahod --- you guys are like my After-the-Party party band. I seriously appreciate the genuine kindness and support from you two. You threw me a mini-concert outside Bree, and I was just sooo happy to be the listener, and not the musician. It made my day...and I'll never forget that kind gesture. You guys are too awesome!!! I owe ya a song or two...or three? haha! Why don't I just give you my lute and you guys can play the songs? j/k

Talwolf --- Manager of the band. Never had a manager before, but wow....cool to have one now. Thanks Tal...for your support, and encouragement. It means a lot. You've got our backs...and I fully trust that. Cheers, my friend!

Supnicko' --- I remember you were our loudest cheerleader next to ShutUpJuice...at our impromptu concert when we first formed a band. Your enthusiasm is absolutely unforgettable. I remember you jumping around, and announcing the concerts to regional chat. It was amazing. You've got spunk and spirit, little dude. I love that!! Thank you for those memories!!!!

And a HUGE THANK YOU to ALL of you that attended...those I can't remember the names. Please send me a message on this forum, and I will add you to this list of great people in Arkenstone. You guys represent this server, and I am proud to stand amongst you all.

Hugs and Kisses from,
    Rainaya
    Last edited by Midsummer777; Oct 28 2012 at 02:46 PM.