We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

In need of your Assistance

Greetings! i am an all time fan on what they did in game with this music system...but i'm afraid i'm ignorant on how to do advanced things...thefatlute.com has held my hand my whole lotro music career and now that i'm actively multiboxing a band on dwarrowdelf and snowbourn(eu) I'm in need of more, newer, better written, more parted songs. Thefatlute.com is now out of commission. To my knowledge they've been looking for somebody to do what warden was doing but as of recently it's all crashed and i'm a sitting duck.

I understand there is a program or something that is like an abc player, but I run all 8 of my accounts on one machine. I don't know which program is safe and would be able to take each lotro window seperately. Also I've been told of some midi player n what not...

I've surfed the web for days on end and i've found similar song books that are able to be played in-game...BUT when I go to save the text file the only way I know how, it only has one part of the song available to me where as the person who i was watching play all the parts I got confused on how to get all the parts if the file only gives me the one...

like i said i'm COMPLETELY in the dark now. If somebody could send a link to a site like thefatlute or in very very small words explain how i can get the text files for all the parts of a song instead of just the one, that'd be SUPER helpful.

thanks so much!!

Bite Sized/Itty Bitty Mini Committee!!(IBMC)

RAWR!!!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000feb0f/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There is indeed a ABC Player named oddly enough ABC Player. Many people use it and it is indeed safe.

Digero, the creator of ABC Player, also created Lotro Midi Player which will play the midi files you find and you can also use it to create the ABC's.

There is a alternative called Firefern's ABC Converter. When you first look at it, it's scary looking but after reading the help files and doing some experimenting is a very useful tool for creating ABC's. The only downfall is that it is online only.

If you are looking for a alternative to Fat Lute, here are a couple of pages to look at.

ABC Music Source
    This site is young but it's contributers are all good transcribers and are constantly adding to the list.

Songbook of Laurelin
    This site is older and has a larger selection but like the first link, the transcribers are all very good.

With both sites, the songs are thoroughly tested in game before they are submitted so you are guaranteed a good song unlike the Fat Lute which was a total duck shoot in the quality of the songs you received due to the fact that they let just anyone submit songs.

In both sites, the songs are in file format so all you have to do is download the files into your music directory without having to C&P text.

Enjoy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000029110f/signature.png]Orladan[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Orlor View Post
    There is indeed a ABC Player named oddly enough ABC Player. Many people use it and it is indeed safe.

Digero, the creator of ABC Player, also created Lotro Midi Player which will play the midi files you find and you can also use it to create the ABC's.

There is a alternative called Firefern's ABC Converter. When you first look at it, it's scary looking but after reading the help files and doing some experimenting is a very useful tool for creating ABC's. The only downfall is that it is online only.

If you are looking for a alternative to Fat Lute, here are a couple of pages to look at.

ABC Music Source
    This site is young but it's contributers are all good transcribers and are constantly adding to the list.

Songbook of Laurelin
    This site is older and has a larger selection but like the first link, the transcribers are all very good.

With both sites, the songs are thoroughly tested in game before they are submitted so you are guaranteed a good song unlike the Fat Lute which was a total duck shoot in the quality of the songs you received due to the fact that they let just anyone submit songs.

In both sites, the songs are in file format so all you have to do is download the files into your music directory without having to C&P text.

Enjoy.
    Okay i went to those sites but i'm still a little confused...how do i save the song and would i have to type what was at the bottom of those pages for each part and it automatically plays the right part???

and I know NOTHING aobut abc's or abc converter..the only thing i know how to do is c&p text and save :/ very unfortunate for me..
    RAWR!!!

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000feb0f/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There is also this http://www.nilsliberg.se/ksp/easyabc/

I'd like to get in to this and learn how to turn a converted midi in to an abc file I can use. Tutorials would be nice but I wouldn't know where to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by msbonks View Post
    Okay i went to those sites but i'm still a little confused...how do i save the song and would i have to type what was at the bottom of those pages for each part and it automatically plays the right part???

and I know NOTHING aobut abc's or abc converter..the only thing i know how to do is c&p text and save :/ very unfortunate for me..
    As I understand you like to have the songs divided into different parts? and not one? Apologize if I do not quite understand. But the song administration is much more easier when you have one file only. The different parts are defined by a number for each part. You just have to write the playcommando a little differently in Chatwindow. (See the little guide underneath I have written once.)

You can yourself change the numbers in the txtfiles that defines the instruments and save it. Is upto you what kind of number that shall define the instruments. People that create the ABC, do this differently, so you can yourself find a system how to organize the different parts in this file.

http://www.moxguild.com/index.php?topic=14183.0

Have you also tried Chirans Songbook? (downloaded from Lotro interface) In this songbook you can easily pick what part you wanna play for each account you administrate.

I dont know a way to do it even more automtically, as I do not mulitbox and only care for my part, I usually play with kinnies that takes care of their parts. Perhaps I am oldfashion. hehe

Sorry if I missunderstood your question
    Last edited by Achy; Oct 10 2012 at 12:18 PM.
    -ACHAZIA-
    Songwriter in The Shades and my music at Soundcloud
    Contributer at Lotro Players
    The Shadows

Msbonks, I would echo Achy's suggestion to install the Songbook plugin. It makes playing music in the game all that much more easier. You can find it here. With this simple program, you can play and sync with other players without having to bother to type in the chat window. It will also make playing multi-part files very easy.

Without songbook, you will have to open the file into note pad (if it is a multi-file) and make a note of the index numbers in the headers for each part. These will be a X: followed by a number. These will be different from transcriber to transcriber. Some will just number them X:1, X:2, X:3, etc. Us in EMS, GHMS and The Band With no Name (quite a name, eh?) have a much more rigid system in numbering them which depends on what instrument is used.

After finding the index number for the part that you want to play, type (without the brackets) /play [songfile] [Index # of the part you want to play] sync. When everyone is synced up, one of you will have to type /playstart. If the song is just a solo, all you have to do is type (again, without the brackets) /play [songfile].

As for saving the songs in the sites I just linked you, all you have to do is right-click on the file and choose "Save Link As..." and choose the music directory in your Lotro Folder in your documents folder.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000029110f/signature.png]Orladan[/charsig]

I've surfed the web for days on end and i've found similar song books that are able to be played in-game...BUT when I go to save the text file the only way I know how, it only has one part of the song available to me where as the person who i was watching play all the parts I got confused on how to get all the parts if the file only gives me the one...
    By this, do you mean that you download a file expecting it to have different instrument parts for each character to play, and there is only a single instrument file (when perhaps it wasn't a solo?)? Some people make their songs as multi-files as Orlor mentioned, which means that all the song parts are in the one file. Others will make a file for each instrument part for group songs. Some people do both. Perhaps you downloaded only one part of a song that was for more instruments?

I have no experience of multi-boxing on a single computer, but would think that the Songbook plugin Achy and Orlor mentioned would be a big help with that, that copy and pasting for 8 toons

Manstan- Easy ABC looks interesting, having both the music score and ABC file on the one screen would be good!
    Lasswen -Elendilmir Hunter
    ~The wind is full of a thousand voices~
    No Whole Bard

okay welp the only way i know is www.thefatlute.com (that isn't working anymore)> search song> click song>each song is seperated into diff parts so all i had to do was C&P to notepad -save as-music folder-(songname)(instrument)- save..then in game i can just do /play (songname)(instrument) sync.

with having 8 different accounts open at once i'm not sure if the song book plug in would beable to sync them all at once or would just sync them all to just one part of the song.. and That makes a lot of sense by saving link..durr dumb blonde moment (sorry).

but lets say i want to play this song: http://z3.ifrm.com/79/185/0/p449077/...ou_man_me_.abc

i would just save the link in my music folder...but how would i play each part in-game? would i have to revert to just c&p each part and saving seperately? cuz if so that'd be shnazzy and I could just stop talking and keep on lookin silly in this thread
    RAWR!!!

i would just save the link in my music folder...but how would i play each part in-game? would i have to revert to just c&p each part and saving seperately? cuz if so that'd be shnazzy and I could just stop talking and keep on lookin silly in this thread

You can separate the file into 8 files if you prefer. Just save the different parts into separate files. But be aware that you have to copy/paste from first X notation to the last sign before a new X notation starts again . But I would strongly advice you to not do this. Because is not very effecient and will create a lot of work for you everytime you shall make 8 files from 1 file. + your musicfolder will be a mess in the end. Is also worth mention that many of the transcribers and Composers prefer to make 1 file now. Is easier.

But: I tried to reconstruct your scenario. So I logged onto my bf account on same PC hehe
    I do not mulitbox, so I have no idea if is possible to play from same source on one computer. I needed to try since I do not really understand the problem I guess.

- I have now 2 accounts open and I want to play the harp part and theorbo part, I save your musicfile into My documents->Lord of the rings->Music folder. I call it: thou_man.abc

- I look into the file just incase so I see that the different parts are lined up after eachother, and they are, because every instrumentpart starts with an X. In this file the instruments are: x:1=harp, x:2=Flute, x:3=Flute2, x:4=flute3, x:5=harp2, x:6=Harp3, x:7=Theorbo and x8=pigborn. The first notation is the index number (X:1) this numbers determins what you shall write in commando line later. Keep the numbers in mind

- I now know that Harp part is X:1 and Theorbo part is X:7 . So I have to keep the numbers 1 and 7 in mind

- Write :/Play thou_man 1 sync. and /play thou_man 7 sync. (remember to push Playstart) Do you hear you play different parts? In commando line you can see I have added numbers instead. This numbers calls for the right instrument parts to play in the single file you have. This is the same numbers as you see in the ABC file with the index numbers I talked about (X)

So how to know on before hand that 1 is Harp? or 7 is Theorbo? You wont really know before you have testet it in chatwindow or checked in ABC file. Usually the composers and transcribers adds the instrument in Title, so you can see the instrument in chatwindow too, but many people do things differently. I would strongly advice that you do make your own system on the ABC files. Because then you remember what numbers is what instruments.

- Open ABC in NOTEPAD: use ctrl+f (Search for X) The mousecursor will then get to the first index number. You can change this number yourself. If you want the HARP to have indexnr: 3 instead,just replace the number and save. This takes just a few seconds. Instead of dividing a file into 8 files that takes much much longer time..

original
    X:1
    T: Remember O Thou Man [harp] Feb 6 (1:53)
    Z: Transcribed by Firefern's ABC sequencer
    % Transcribed for Lord of the Rings Online playing

modified by msbonks
    X:3
    T: Remember O Thou Man [harp] Feb 6 (1:53)
    Z: Transcribed by Firefern's ABC sequencer
    % Transcribed for Lord of the Rings Online playin

So instead of write /Play thou_man 1 sync, to get the harp part. You can write /Play thou_man 3 sync. instead.

I have my instruments sorted this way for example. I ALWAYS now that 3=Harp. So I wont need to look into my files after I have modified them to figure what is Harp. Because I aleady fixed that, by administrate the songs in a way I and my band feel comfortable with

Lute= 1
    Harp=3
    Theorbo=4
    Flute=5
    Drums=10

This is the basics of how to play multiparts song from ONE file : BUT give Chirans Songbook a chance is based on same things, but you do not even need to care for the index numbers anymore. I just explained the basics, because then it might be easier for you too see how it really works.
    Songbook works on same computer on several accounts open at same time, so that should not be a problem either.
    Last edited by Achy; Oct 11 2012 at 11:23 AM.
    -ACHAZIA-
    Songwriter in The Shades and my music at Soundcloud
    Contributer at Lotro Players
    The Shadows