We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Travelling Rations

Is one problem: Occupies permanent space in the bag
    Suggestion: Save in wallet

suggestion 2: also make them account shared.

or
    get rid of them, they really lost their purpose these days, silver is so easy to get.

Putting them into the wallet however will remove the option to give rations to someone else, that must be clear, so you can't give your friendly neighborhood hunter some rations for porting you around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirmiriel View Post
    There is problem with stuff in vallet. You cant share it anymore.

So you need your group's hunter to port you around, but he's a few rations short of cost, while you carry a few hundreds? No can do, hunter needs go and buy the stuff personally before he could port you around. Or he just tells 'walk/ride there yourself'.

One could argue that it can be preplaced with silver at no loss, but the same problem remains. Pure F2P can't give money, so you want someone to port you around, he has to pay for it from his pocket, as you cant pay for it, while with rations, you just trade him a few of these.

So it will save 1 inventory space, but at same time creates lots of problems for other players. Granted, solvable problems, but problems anyway.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000163bef/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thank you, Turbine, for listening and giving us an opt-out of FE! Good work!

I like it as it is..

/unsigned

To many problems raised for one tiny problem solved ..

While I do feel like they are an inventory drag, it's not that big of a deal (one slot in 5 or 6 bags is not that bad just be glad they dont have different levels for different ports), heck we used to also have to keep your map in there too. while the other characters really dont use them very much, a 100 stack will last quite a while, i do think they serve a purpose as "ammo" for the hunter and warden for thier quick travel skill.
    [U][COLOR=#0000ff][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000ace34/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/COLOR][/U]

The solution is the 15 more inventory spaces via the sixth bag.

Putting in the wallet does not make any sense to me. It would make it impossible for me to give the group hunter rations. I couldn't mail rations to someone that is out of rations. That means the only way to restock would be to buy some from the Lotro Store with Turbine Points. Or walk all the way back to an NPC that sells them.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I guess my problem is... EVERYTHING that goes in the bags occupies a space. So where do we draw the line? I don't think infinite storage is feasible/desireable. Our LI's, potions, food, and other goodies also take up space. If we find a spot in the wallet for everything... what will we use the bag space for?

There is a great balance between giving us too much stuff to store and not enough. I feel like we are in a good spot now with the shared wallet.

No, the 6th bag doesnt fix the problem. The 7th and 8th won't too. No matter how many bags I have they always will be full. Whats the purpose of empty bags anyway?

@OP: I wonder what enormously precious item will you place at the spot Traveling Rations occupy now?
    I hunt. I kill.

Warden by destiny, Hunter in the heart.

Well, let's just enjoy the fact that soon we also have to carry potions and stuff for our horses.
    Hurray to the 6th bag, but where has all our inventory space gone?

Remove Travelling Rations from game

whats the need of Travelling Rations? Only serves to annoy us, when you in the middle of nowhere, dont have those, you need to ask others or have to go to a nearby village. Contributes nothing to the game. And before one talk about the lore, if is a skill of the char and transportation is instantaneous, so why rations?
    No shadow can resist through light.
    No light can shine without doing shadows.

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001e0f75/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Galaniel View Post
    whats the need of Travelling Rations? Only serves to annoy us, when you in the middle of nowhere, dont have those, you need to ask others or have to go to a nearby village. Contributes nothing to the game. And before one talk about the lore, if is a skill of the char and transportation is instantaneous, so why rations?
    For the same reason you need peanuts to go through a matter transference beam-- you get a mite dizzy without the protein.
    [COLOR="#6666ff"][FONT=Century Gothic]To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Excuse if I am showing my ignorance, but don't FTP folks have highly limited bag space? I personally don't have a problem with carrying rations, but just wondered.
    ~Memphis Belle~

Sikozu: Do you have any plan of escape?
    Aeryn: Run.
    Sikozu: Anything more detailed, Aeryn?
    Aeryn: Run quickly.