We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Freep Raids

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    I'll refer you to your own post when you bring a full raid next time and you're behind npcs at TR with close to 25 on track. You should have stuck around last night for the activation of a TROLL session by Milt =)
    I am sorry that you felt you were outnumbered. In our raid we had about 15-18. There was however another group of "soloish" freeps around as well.

Not looking to stir anything up, as I previously posted our times with the intention of fun not grief-ing/making anyone angry.

There is no reason to flame each other on this thread. Goal is to have fun.

Didn't realize a troll came out, would have been fun to perma-fear it like in the old days.

When people are called names they tend to respond rather poorly so flaming people in the first place is not wise overall.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100001b076f/signature.png]Vishon[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by RealRabbit View Post
    When people are called names they tend to respond rather poorly so flaming people in the first place is not wise overall.
    I call it forum pvp

It's like politics but relating to a game
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/Mythdude2/Valiava_zpscdc8da36.png[/IMG]

[COLOR="#FFF0F5"]<<<<<Self-Made Signature>>>>>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#FFA07A"]<<<Ask For One And I Can Make You One>>>[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Curses, wish I had been there for the troll. :/

Volo vs. Braghi: The Biggest Fight of the Decade! One Night! One Fight!! A Fight... to the DEATH!!!

"In the one corner, we have Doritoes massaging Volo's back and whispering sweet nothings into his ear. In the other, Braghi types furiously in kin chat on his laptop about the ineptitude of the opposition and their inability to understand the power of the Anirien."

"The trainers (and the laptop, which is sentient) leave the ring. The Bell dings! The crowd is hushed! Wait... This isn't golf. Where's the yelling? Wait... the crowd is absent! Not a single seat is occupied in the whole house! Well, wow, this is embarassing, I guess noone really cares much about this contest Brian, back to you in the studio." (Reporter sheepishly saunters off).

"Strange indeed Diane, well, back to the story of those ridiculously cute kitten videos on Youtube. I've been *clawing* the desk in anticipation!"
    "Oh Brian, you're so funny!"
    "You'll look funny after I'm done with you tonight Diane."
    "Brian, you beast!" (The news anchors embrace passionately while the studio crew swivel the cameras away in haste. Meanwhile catcalls from the test audience fill the sound-stage, drowning out the sounds of hurried, sloppy kisses. A "Please Stand-by" fills the screen.)

"&&&&! Just when it was getting good..."
    "Yeah man, that blows. I'm off to play some lotro or something."
    "Later. Oh and dude, don't touch my meatloaf, on the top shelf."
    "Yeah whatever, enjoy your Doctor What &&&&."
    "**** You!"

P.S.
    Anirien was mostly fun to be around, as far as I remember. As long you didn't mention you played creepside, haha.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000af98e/01008/signature.png]Gurthalion[/charsig]
    [OOC] Faja: 'new expansion isnt even out yet, i've already failed at it'

Epic, I write one sentence, and I'm Volo's trainer...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]FORSION - DORITOES[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Overwhelming numbers is always a "good" fight volo.....lol.
    Roflpwntaczerg ftw!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100000f923f/signature.png]Yellzor[/charsig]

I blame Butta. He underlying cause of all the problems in the moors and tickles my pickles, smelling like nickles.

Yet you failed to answer my question, do you know the capabilities of a warden in this book?
    In another Nimrodel PvP thread, you mention fighting Sellene and him beating you but only having 70 morale left - basically a draw. I saw you fight Geirskogul 2 weeks ago at GTA and beat him. So against 2 of the top wardens on the server, you seem to be doing ok. Not sure what the problem is. You are a BadA$$ Volo, no doubt, but you can't always blow everyone up 1 v 1. If you are worried about a warden being able to survive for a few seconds when ganked (without doing a while lot of damage or killing anyone, btw), or AOE leaching NPCs and surviving on the bottom floor of Lugz, meh.
    Last edited by Thularil; Oct 10 2012 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forestthegreat View Post
    P.S.
    Anirien was mostly fun to be around, as far as I remember. As long you didn't mention you played creepside, haha.
    Agree here as you say, don't mention playing creepside and everything is golden. Oh and don't feed the troll, Cheers.
    Freeps: Bragae R10, Dakeras R8, Culian R7, Bailen, Lanovar, Conovar, Pendaeric
    Creeps Bragha R9, Bragmedic R8, Braghae R9

Quote Originally Posted by Thularil View Post
    In another Nimrodel PvP thread, you mention fighting Sellene and him beating you but only having 70 morale left - basically a draw. I saw you fight Geirskogul 2 weeks ago at GTA and beat him. So against 2 of the top wardens on the server, you seem to be doing ok. Not sure what the problem is. You are a BadA$$ Volo, no doubt, but you can't always blow everyone up 1 v 1. If you are worried about a warden being able to survive for a few seconds when ganked (without doing a while lot of damage or killing anyone, btw), or AOE leaching NPCs and surviving on the bottom floor of Lugz, meh.
    You are correct that I was pretty close with Sellene and beat Geirskogul. I do consider them the top 2 wardens in the moors. However, they followed the so-called 1v1 etiquette. Neither popped NS and DC and barely spam healed. That right there deserves a lot of respect and credit. If they used all their skills, well let's say it wouldn't come close. My only problem here, probably what I should have mentioned from the beginning, are the people like Braghi who ONLY come out when there is a freep raid. However, there is not much I can do about it.
    Do you people even remember that Anirien originally played creepside? I didn't think so
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

SoD free infamy raids almost make me want to dust off my spider
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

With the trolls attempt to save face by changing the subject, we have gotten off track. This thread is titled freep raids, if you wish to discuss wardens or 1vs1 please create a new thread reflecting the topic. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lanovar View Post
    With the trolls attempt to save face by changing the subject, we have gotten off track. This thread is titled freep raids, if you wish to discuss wardens or 1vs1 please create a new thread reflecting the topic. Thanks
    If you kept up with the conversation, you would have noticed it was an ongoing conversation about the freep raids, and how you don't need to raid all the time, can quite easily solo if you know how to play a warden at all. You understood that percectly, you're just trying to save your own face by trying to end the.. truth coming out?
    You could learn a lot from Sellene, Geirskogul, or Cunaith. Cunaith comes out here solo a lot, and he cannot be beaten 1v1 unless by a defiler. He traits shield, but hes solo and theres a lot of gankers on creepside so i understand why he does it. I dont understand why you dont try soloing, or small grouping, instead of hiding in a raid Anirien-Style.
    Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Thularil View Post
    A 1v1 circle SHOULD NOT equate to the reality of class balance in the moors, unless its been established before hand that everything is in play, most people understand that long CD skills, or ones that imbalance a fight are generally no-nos (sadly not a universal thing). My goal when I was in one of those 1v1 circles was always to try and end the fight with both sides as close to death as possible, and if fighting the same person a number of times completely change up my strat whether i think its 'better' or not (taking stun/root pots is a classy move I had never thought of). I killed Volo, Tickles, and Dafro multiple times at GTA that day, each of them killed me at least as many times, and thats what made it fun, not me simply maintaining Restoration, Conviction (my only 2 heals in recklessness for those wondering) and bleeds and winning with over half morale.

Whats the point of the above (besides stroking my ego)? My goal out there is to have fun and challenge myself. No matter how it manifests itself shouldn't everyone's goal in this GAME be to have fun? Everyone has different playstyles, but whether you're raid only, solo only, or anywhere in between, how you play has an impact on how people on your side play, and especially those on the other side. Be conscious of this, especially when your raiding out there because forming or bringing out a raid on a lower Pop server means you are dictating how and where the action is for nearly everyone, be it RvR, or afk in Grams/GV/PvEing, and I'm pretty sure almost no one is having fun when it turns to afk in Grams/GV/PvEing.
    [center][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/2wrm5ja_th.jpg[/img][/center]
    [center]Let our actions speak for themselves. Jinjaah has been pouring over every post in the Bullroarer forum. Please keep in mind that any experiences with previous LOTRO teams are not reflective of the current team, give us a chance[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Smalls0317 View Post
    If you kept up with the conversation, you would have noticed it was an ongoing conversation about the freep raids, and how you don't need to raid all the time, can quite easily solo if you know how to play a warden at all. You understood that percectly, you're just trying to save your own face by trying to end the.. truth coming out?
    You could learn a lot from Sellene, Geirskogul, or Cunaith. Cunaith comes out here solo a lot, and he cannot be beaten 1v1 unless by a defiler. He traits shield, but hes solo and theres a lot of gankers on creepside so i understand why he does it. I dont understand why you dont try soloing, or small grouping, instead of hiding in a raid Anirien-Style.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Your right you don't understand, I solo plenty. I just enjoy kin raids far more, very simple. It's no reason to get drawn into some conversation where you guys have no clue who your talking to, what we do and don't do in the moors. It's complete assumption on your part, some of these people here might actually know what they are talking about, it's always good to have an open mind but I doubt I have anything worthy of learning from the troll. Anyone who resorts to insulting and name calling when they have no idea who they are insulting needs to grow up. Thanks
    Last edited by Lanovar; Oct 10 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    SoD free infamy raids almost make me want to dust off my spider
    The attitudes floating around this thread may actually prove to have some benefit. It has me thinking of getting my creep out of mothballs, getting some audacity and joining the darkside again.
    Gungus - Captain

There is no honor in not maintaining your raid when there is nothing but mindless zergballing a handful of opponents.

Pretty much goes for both sides.

Sup Gungy!
    Bigslick

I never said i dont understand, i dont know where you're getting that. And we have a clue what you and do not do in the moors with your kin raids, which by the way, i think Kin raids, or groups, are very fun, but you guys just flip the map and sit at Wtab farming, thats no fun for the creeps. I honestly have played A LOT recently, and have NEVER seen you without atleast 18 people behind you. I know you do kin raids on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, i dont see you apart from those days. Not even you getting called out in OOC. And, im talking to someone that learned how to PvP from Anirien, thats all i need to know. And from the so called troll? Im probably the only troll responding to this thread, and im not trolling. Im not a forum troll. And finally, What names did i call you? None. I may have insulted you once or twice, it was nothing serious..

P.S, next time you get a raid out, dont let 10+ Gold taggers follow you guys around and the fights will be A LOT more fun for both sides, more challenging atleast. Go back to Volos post, group of 6 freeps can take 12+ creeps, 15? can take a lot on. You dont have a shortage of healers, just learning to protect them well is all you need to do. When i started running in smaller groups, I personally noticed i was getting faster reaction time even out of PvE to stuns, and moving which direction as a group.
    Oh, and Volo? Hes no way not a troll, Spidey may be but no one really pays attention to him. And Volo knows what hes talking about, his groups are 6 man groups that do more than your raids.
    The end.

Oh, and Edit - Gold taggers is people getting the tag on the kills on creeps so they get more inf while your raid finishes it off.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b01000011bf8a/signature.png]Grishgashr[/charsig]

Smile

Ohhaider!!
    Rustynailz The Black Blade

As far as free infamy i would say a freep is a freep, not much of a difference between them. Pick one and start shooting it.

I wanted to let people know when our kinship is going to do moors raids so if you want to come kill us that is just fine with me

btw wed night is our creep tribe legion of death so we are not only playing freepside.

I want to be clear about the open fighting, if our raid continues to wipe like last monday we will draw back to a keep and collect our troops rather than get rez ganked by wargs. So if you see us in TR don't drop your little doggie bone we will be moving out when our troops are mustered.

Moors is a numbers game and you don't have to win every battle to have fun.

See you out there, give me a /wave or a /maul.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0100001b076f/signature.png]Vishon[/charsig]

I honestly have played A LOT recently, and have NEVER seen you without atleast 18 people behind you. I know you do kin raids on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays, i dont see you apart from those days. Not even you getting called out in OOC. And, im talking to someone that learned how to PvP from Anirien, thats all i need to know.
    I work afternoons, so I'm usually only out there on Saturdays unless I'm off. I didn't learn PVP from Anirien but from years of DAoC and 5+ years here. I did learn a few things from him though, who hasn't?

What names did i call you? None. I may have insulted you once or twice, it was nothing serious..
    I was referring to Volo not you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Oh, and Volo? Hes no way not a troll... and Volo knows what hes talking about, his groups are 6 man groups that do more than your raids.
    That's the troll I am referring too, name calling and insults. His words speak clearly to me of his lack of decency and maturity. Few have anything worthy to learn from these types.
    Last edited by Lanovar; Oct 10 2012 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanovar View Post
    I work afternoons, so I'm usually only out there on Saturdays unless I'm off. I didn't learn PVP from Anirien but from years of DAoC and 5+ years here. I did learn a few things from him though, who hasn't?

I was referring to Volo not you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

That's the troll I am referring too, name calling and insults. His words speak clearly to me of his lack of decency and maturity. Few have anything worthy to learn from these types.
    Trolling was never my intention. I was merely pointing out the factual evidence.As for name calling, it is actually something that you're known for amongst the creepside's community. There are few who can attest to that. I'm not going to elaborate any further, but if you doubt my credibility in the moors, it's your choice. I was never really seeking your approval.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Well this excalated quickly...

Personally I raid when im bored or there is need of a raid. As many in freeps side know i hate when people start an open raid when they cant win against equal numbers or a bit higher numbers. Im always arguing and being a b**** to those people that do it on freepside. Besides raids I only solo, duo(with Gundrid or Hezz) or trio and on occasions when Volo calls us in with the all mighty Avenger Signal for a group of 6. Same in creepside Im almost always soloing, when Volo joins me into a team or when Im out with Changry or one of my other RL friends decides to log on and go creepside and with the exception of the Tribe when BDC or LP say theres a Tribe raid and they want everyone in.

I personally this time have to dis agree with Volo on one point, I love freep raids when Im on creepside and the reason why is because freeps are so disorganized in moors that anything can make them wipe. Creeps dont have maybe the numbers or the ability to beat them but when creeps decide to work together even if they are not raided they can beat a raid by using their inteligence and I've seen it many times while I have played on both sides.

The little bit I could see from the SoD raid saturday while i was grouped with Gun was that they where so many of them but they where getting wiped everytime and no one can say that was a lie because if you looked at the black pendage the day after everyone on the top #15 creepside had almost 10k infamy gain(Buswak had 17k) and no one from the SoD even made the top #15.
    I'm a human manifestation of all 7 Cardinal Sins.
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Giiovy (Mini Sub Main) - Last Stand of Olorin(PvP/PvE Kin) - Brandywine (Main)
    Giovy (Captain Main) /Zuheiry (LM Sub Main) - Exceptional(PvE T2c Raid Kin) - Nimrodel

As for name calling, it is actually something that you're known for amongst the creepside's community.
    Huh? since when? I am certainly not aware of any such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramidis View Post
    The little bit I could see from the SoD raid saturday while i was grouped with Gun was that they where so many of them but they where getting wiped everytime and no one can say that was a lie because if you looked at the black pendage the day after everyone on the top #15 creepside had almost 10k infamy gain(Buswak had 17k) and no one from the SoD even made the top #15.
    I was there and we wiped maybe once or twice if that, I am not sure what you think you saw but it certainly was not as you described from our perspective. You can't go by earned infamy or your "black pendage" - not sure what this is, and judge it that way, most creeps where soloing so naturally they get more infamy. I believe turbine wants to fix this and encourage grouping/raiding, I guess we will see in the future how it turns out.
    Last edited by Lanovar; Oct 11 2012 at 09:30 AM.

Wow, the bawlwasher comes out once in a blue moon and thinks he knows how the moors are, it's feels just like it was 2 years ago. Anirien, please respond!!! I would give my left gonad for grima to post once again
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by maosnkane1970 View Post
    Ohhaider!!
    You thinking what I'm thinking?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast