We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Bound housing items

Please give the house owner control over even bound items!

This is really dumb. I have a large flowerbox bound to one of my characters. I have another large flowerbox that is not bound to a character, so I don't understand the reason why one is. It's not like it's some unique achievement award. Well I accidentally put the bound version in my yard and now can't take it out unless I bring that character home to do it. Even the owner of the house can't even remove the item. That seems absurd to me. Another character should not be able to place an item in a house that the home owner has no control over! If you don't want the home owner to be able to access the item at least set it up so the owner can remove the item and, by doing so, it's automatically mailed back to the character it's bound to. The house owner should always have control of all items placed in the house/yard! When the item is in your pack it does not show that it's bound. Only after it's placed in the housing slot does it show that and most players probably don't look at that point. That makes it way too easy for someone to accidentally place a bound item in a housing slot. I have given my friends permission to decorate. What if one of them accidentally puts a bound item in my house? I'm just SoL until they come back online maybe days later? At least give the character a warning they're putting a bound item in a slot and no one else will be able to remove it!
    And what's worse is the item does not state who it's bound to. So if I don't remember I have to try every character and/or friend until I figure it out! This is a very badly designed system. Please fix it!
    Last edited by Sunnivara; Oct 06 2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: typo

If I remember correctly the house owner can send the item to the escrow of it's owner.

Quote Originally Posted by fusei View Post
    If I remember correctly the house owner can send the item to the escrow of it's owner.
    How do you do it? I had my house owner try to remove something and all it said was that I couldn't do that because it was bound. I didn't see any options for returning it to its owner.

Just checked when you rightclick it in decoration mode there is an additional button labeled 'return to owner'.

Quote Originally Posted by fusei View Post
    Just checked when you rightclick it in decoration mode there is an additional button labeled 'return to owner'.
    Oh, ok. Thanks!