We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Young and supple dwarf seeking mounted combat. PST

Rohan's been a long time coming.

A fantastic possible update we always knew was in the works and have highly anticipated since SoA. We wondered five years ago... if we would ever see it.

While pre-loading the client and reading patch notes this morning, I started to feel a bit giddy. I'm excited about the game again. New content. New mechanics. More better things.

Over the past few weeks, I've been incredibly pessimistic about changes to the moors.

What I'm realizing now is what I'm dreading the most is the "post update moors slump".

For weeks and weeks on end level 85 creeps will be standing around eating tacos, listening to Justin Beaver or Kelly Cracksman complaining that there's no freeps. They will post to the forums proclaiming that the moors is dead. The map will glow red endlessly.

For the few freeps that leveled kinda fast and begin to venture out into the moors, 69 creeps await them at GV and there are taco wrappers everywhere.

These 69 creeps apparently have +10,000% damage because the map is red. Dedicated creeps may have more than 7 passively traited audacity.

Freeps venture out in gear that is 10 levels too low and any freeps wanting to try out the "new and improved moors" for the first time have 1 audacity. Devs took radiance gear and proudly threw it in the trash, but the moors devs picked it out of the trash and renamed it audacity gear. Hence my pessimism. I feel like the new moors will fall flat on it's face before it even gets started.

Here's to hoping we can make it out of the "slump".
    Last edited by uhgoo; Oct 15 2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: +"for the first time"

Quote Originally Posted by uhgoo View Post
    I feel like the new moors will fall flat on it's face before it even gets started.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000057ea6/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[B]¬∃x ∈ power (x > Barz)[/B]

omg lol bwaaaa