I haven't saw such a thread about the warleader, so here is a little guide for our dear Warleaders :
> 1 Getting Started
Reasons to choose War-Leaders :
- You are an uruk, and that's awesome.
- You shout at people with red eyes, and that's awesome.
- You will have many, many friends among creeps, and that's awesome.
- Freeps will hate you, and that's awesome.
Problems as War-Leaders :
- Freeps will target you first all time.
- Solo, you're like a captain, you can do a bit, but you won't shine, and you won't make the others shine. If you're a solo roamer, it might be not the most suitable class.
2 Corruptions :
Few things to know about corruptions :
- Critical defense is useless (numbers are to low compared to crit chance of the freeps)
- Tactical/physical mitigation is useless ( It will gimp yourself, see above)
- Resistance, Morale is useless (see above)
- Dmg, masteries is GOOD :
Masteries don't only Boost your damage, it also boost your HEALS ! And that's what you are, a healer. You want to heal your group well, and you want to heal yourself well !
The dmg for x tier 2 is better than a mastery. But a mastery is bette than damage for x t1.
I suggest you to slot 4 masteries, 1 Dmg for power t2, 1 morale for power t2.
I said morale was useless? It is indeed, but with this set-up, you'll run at around 16k morale. If you slot damage for morale t2, you will be at 13k morale. The main problem it occurs is that freep will target you more if you are low morale. So it's a psychological advantag to not be to low morale as freeps tend to TAB till they find something with low morale.
You can also choose to run with 19k morale... But i really don't like it as your heals are very, very low. I made some test against a burglar, he needed to do more dmg to kill me on 14k morale than on 19k morale, because my heals was more effective.
3 Racial traits
Everything exept tireless warrior (300icpr, icmr) and Favoured servant of the dark (200 all mitigations)
4 Class traits :
-Empowering (more heals, more dps)
-Damage boost (more dps, don't affect heals)
-Harsh Language ( Obviously, never remove it)
-Enhance Black speech (every little help on dps is welcome)
-Purge ( Obviously, never remove it)
-Power of fear (obviously...)
-Enhance QnW (obviously...)
I remove empowering, dmg boost, and black speach and put :
- Improve bubble (obvious)
- Improve rez (NEVER use your rez without it being prove, and never join a group/raid without it sloted)
- Lead the charge (The banner of Horror is your best friends to help your group do + 5% dmg + banner for 3%)
Now your geared UP. You can go and kick some &&&.
Freep class you can kill solo (you can, it's not 100%):
-Champions, Burglars, hunters, runekeepers (bad ones), guardians, Lore-master
Freep class you better run, run, run away !
- Minstrels, Captains, Wardens,
This 3 classes can selfheal more than what we can damage. It's simple math, it will never die.
Champions tips :
Basicly, you need to outheal their dps, and slowly kill them.
- Don't waste your 100% crit. Use it with intimidation shout when they use the first bubble, and kite. If they pop sprint, pop purge (to not be mazed and kite all around). Very good champs will be luck relative, if you keep crit, you'll heal a lot and you're dps will be good, if you don't and they do, you're dead.
Burglars tips :
- If you want to be mean, use banner of terror and they don't have enough power to kill you. If you're a brave warrior and you know the burg is around ready to attack in stealth, pop Horror. Burgs are kinda easy, slow them, kite them but never showing your back to them, dps them as much as you can, when you hit about 3k morale, switch to commander stance, use get a grip and QnW, switch back to brawler, you should be at 13k-15k morale and the burg dispressed.
- Don't use Purge on first stun (the Diminushin return won't apply and the morale cost of purge will be same than the burg attacks). Use it in midfight whenever you manage to get a lucky crit on intishout (slow) to make some space between you and the burg, heal up with quit whining and fight and shout from 20 meters.
-Hunters : Nuke as fast as possible and heal up, shouldn't be to hard.
-Runekeepers : If they good and selfheals, you'll do no dps, if they don't, nuke as fast as you can, use purge after their 5th attack (it's the moment they are gonna try stun you).
-Guardians : You should be able to outheal their dps, it's just gonna be long to kill them, but nothing hard.
-Lore master : If they use a raven (like 90% of them). Kill the raven first !!!!
It seems idiot, but it's the only way i can kill our best LMs. They got nice tactical miti usually, and we dps them very slowly. Killing the bird will :
- Surprise the lm
- Remove 1500 tactical mitigations to the lm
- The lm can no longer heal up by flank (a big pain for us, as we dps very slowly)
- The raven can no longer interupt you, so you can switch commander to heal up anytime, especially when DR did his work after 1 or 2 mins of combat
5 Group Fighting !
Here, your best friend is your experience, each fight is different so it's hard to make a guide, but i can give few tips :
- Always start a fight in brawler, send some shouts, and swith to commander after (so the cds on shout is not long yet)
- Never start a fight with shadow of fear. You are not a dps. Keep this shadow for using Instant Heals when needed.
- Power of fear can provide two instant heals : Get the fear proc, target your friend, yourself, or anything that is not an ennemy or a mob, use your heal (instant) and put in skill queue another heal, if you don't move at the exact moment the second one is launching, it will be instant aswell. I suggest you to practive on dummy : Shout dummy, untarget it, use Quit whining and fight, crack the whip. After, repeat it and try move between the two heals.
- MOVING ! During a fight you always need to move and kite. When to much are on you, use your shouts to get instant heals. Don't waste this shouts to try do some dmg, it's not your role.
- Don't waste Purge to remove a simple stun, use it to :
Pass threw a tar like it's nothing.
Remove an aoe mini slow when charging.
Pass threw the melee (and aoe champ horn) to get the squishy at the back of the raid when your raid leader scream to push !
Sry if this is full of typo and bad english, i think it's still better than nothing.
I'm at your disposal to answer any question you may have.
Thx for reading.