We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ultimate Game Cards for Turbine Points

Can someone help me with how this is done? When I go to the UGC website and search for LOTRO, it gives a button for the PaybyCash site. But there it only lists Time Passes (30-days etc.) Is it possible to buy Turbine Points with these? I'd really appreciate it if someone could post some instructions that has done this before. Thank you!

I found it is possible in DDO, only in-game. Is it the same for LOTRO? I haven't bought the card yet, but would like to know before I do

yes it works, what you do is go to the store in game and buy points.
    it has option for ultimate game card there....ive used it many many times.
    too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by ltigar View Post
    yes it works, what you do is go to the store in game and buy points.
    it has option for ultimate game card there....ive used it many many times.
    too many times.
    Thank you very much!

I am in Canada and purchase Ultimate Game Cards exclusively for both VIP access and Turbine Points. If you redeem the UGC at the UGC web site, you will be purchasing VIP access *only* from there. To redeem the card for TP you do that in-game. Since there appears to be a propogation issue with official Turbine Points cards being available in Canada, the Ultimate Game Card is my only avenue to do VIP and purchase TP. Have no fear, this card works well.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPlayer View Post
    I am in Canada and purchase Ultimate Game Cards exclusively for both VIP access and Turbine Points. If you redeem the UGC at the UGC web site, you will be purchasing VIP access *only* from there. To redeem the card for TP you do that in-game. Since there appears to be a propogation issue with official Turbine Points cards being available in Canada, the Ultimate Game Card is my only avenue to do VIP and purchase TP. Have no fear, this card works well.
    same here. Would 1 month VIP ($20?)
    be more worth it than buying $20 worth of turbine points

Going VIP for one month has many many benefits. There are a whole lot of unlocks, that are permanent, that VIP offers you. Even when VIP is gone those initial unlocks remain unlocked. As for which way to go, VIP or TP, it all depends on you.

If you want to play for a short time or are a casual player, paying for VIP access will actually save you money over time for the Quest Packs you would have otherwise payed for. No matter what though, you will need to purchase expansions to keep the story going. For the unlocks that VIP offers you as a permanent gift, that alone makes just one month of VIP very well worth your money. If you feel the game is amazing as I do, then you would perhaps have to consider some form of permanency by purchasing the Quest Packs, and then VIP is no longer as good a benefit then. So what I have done, is to go VIP when I am considering purchasing a Quest Pack for certain region(s), but only one month at a time. I consider VIP access as a temporary Master Quest Pack if you will. Everything other than expansions are open to you, so you should explore your surroundings, and make choices as to what to buy afterwards. For those of us that have a whole lot of time, Quest Packs purchases are better for us than VIP access is. If I need to tweak my characters or account, post-VIP, its a lot cheaper to do than it would be to simply buy your gold cap restriction removal, buy your 2 extra bags, enable Swift Travel and so on.

VIP for one month is a great value for the money. Once it is over, please look at the Quest Pack section, as well as the Expansion section in the store, and make plans for future purchases.

I would do both, VIP and purchase TP. Its a fun game and you can spend some money or none at all. Its up to you my friend.

does your account still get upgraded to prem by using UGC :O or is that only for cash